PDA

View Full Version : Missing egg stove

redsox555
04-05-12, 11:43 PM
Hi. I've been seeing the new egg stove in my neighbors restaurants and I'm not able to get it. I stored a few of my ovens to make room and went to the market to purchase. It's not even shown as an item to purchase.

My version of restaurant story is 1.4.1

I'm playing on an iPad 2, version 5.1

Please advise.

Thanks!

redsox555
04-05-12, 11:46 PM
I should add that I've uninstalled/reinstalled restaurant story and I've also turned my device off and on.

redsox555
04-06-12, 12:04 AM
Also, noticed that the egg table and chairs are not offered as well?? Am I missing something? Is there a new version of rs that I can't seem to find? Or an update?

nmishii
04-06-12, 12:29 AM
Weekly updates are rolled out on Thursdays and Tuesdays. You should get yours on Tuesday.

redsox555
04-06-12, 01:50 AM
I don't understand? So some players have the option of purchasing those items and others of us don't? And the ones that don't, need to wait a week while everyone else enjoys the new items? Does that make sense that these items aren't offered to all at the same time/ or bugs arent worked out to insure that gameplay is equal? Wonder how team lava chooses who they offer the items to 1st? Perhaps I need to rethink the games I choose to spend my money on.

kooky panda
04-06-12, 05:45 AM
I don't understand? So some players have the option of purchasing those items and others of us don't? And the ones that don't, need to wait a week while everyone else enjoys the new items? Does that make sense that these items aren't offered to all at the same time/ or bugs arent worked out to insure that gameplay is equal? Wonder how team lava chooses who they offer the items to 1st? Perhaps I need to rethink the games I choose to spend my money on.

The updates roll out, you'll either receive it on Thursday, or the following Tuesday. Level, device, OS, etc have nothing to do with it. It can happen with one game, and not another. http://forums.teamlava.com/announcement.php?f=68 (http://forums.teamlava.com/announcement.php?f=68)

redsox555
04-06-12, 01:22 PM
Yes, kooky panda. Thanks for including the link to the post that reads in all caps, "read here before posting about updates". I read that before I posted my question. Again, what u didn't answer, nor did the post you cited, was my concern about players receiving items randomly on the same game. Do some players receive new items, sales, goals, etc., while others in the SAME game have to wait to receive theirs?

kooky panda
04-06-12, 01:36 PM
Yes, kooky panda. Thanks for including the link to the post that reads in all caps, "read here before posting about updates". I read that before I posted my question. Again, what u didn't answer, nor did the post you cited, was my concern about players receiving items randomly on the same game. Do some players receive new items, sales, goals, etc., while others in the SAME game have to wait to receive theirs?

Little confused what you are asking... Yes some players will receive the new items in RS on Thursday and some Players will receive the updates on Tuesday.
If you play two Rs games on different devices, you may get the updates on one of your games on Tuesday and not the other game. the roll outs are not storm ID or device specific.

Is that what you are asking??:confused:

redsox555
04-06-12, 02:04 PM
Yes, thank you. That is just what I was asking. I'm sorry if my question wasn't clear. I was really hoping you'd say that it's a glitch or a bug. It's extremely hard to understand how a gaming company can issue updates in that manner when they 1.charge for games and 2. Use a level/score based system. It's simply not fair to all. Even more interesting is the fact that these particular updates that I'm referring to are holiday specific and myself and others wont be receiving them until after the holiday. What gives? I know ur a moderator and don't actually work for team lava, but I appreciate your response none the less. I would love to hear what an actual employee would say about this inferior product that their putting out to paying customers, because the "it's a free game" excuse doesn't really sit well with me.

Kooky panda, thanks for your response.

kooky panda
04-06-12, 02:51 PM
I do not know all the tech stuff involved, but I do know that when then switched the updates to Thursday, everyone was getting the updates on Thursday, but then I was told that
this was an issue, and they had to go back to rolling the updates out.

I do understand your frustration, I have been lucky this week and got all mine, but I have been the "odd man out" numeruous times and had to wait.

gail66
04-06-12, 02:54 PM
Easter will be finished by the time my Tuesday Easter updates come to my resturant

tonyaj81
04-07-12, 04:48 AM
I also do not have the option to buy a egg stove and I have been playing this game for a very long time. And you are right redsox555 it's not fair at all I see some of my neighbors that just started and they have the option to buy one.

kellyg02
04-07-12, 03:01 PM
All of my neighbours are asking for bunny ears and eggs for a week and I have been wondering what for. I have been patient about not having a single Easter item for my resturant story till I noticed today the nice new ovens everyone has but me. It is really unfair how they can't give everyone these updates before Easter. If they want to use a stupid system by only giving updates out to certain people on a tuesday or thursday then maybe they should start giving those updates out way in advance of a holiday that way people won't miss out. Guess I should give up waiting for my Easter decorations with them not bothering to do anything about it today :(

azzuri924
04-07-12, 05:20 PM
I agree. It's not right that some of us don't get these new items with the rest of our neighbors. And what's worse, I just learned, is that some select people get special items that are not include in weekly updates. If you ever saw a decoration or something that you don't have, it's because for some reason they were given the chance to buy it and you weren't.

melindab411
04-08-12, 02:22 AM
Sympathies...I have not received Easter updates as of yet... Today is Easter, thanks to my neighbors for all the eggs and bunny ears, thanks to lack of update I have no where to use them

YummyTummyz
04-08-12, 02:48 PM
What gives? It's Easter night and still no "easter" options like stove and other items are available for my purchase. What gives?

sisette
04-08-12, 11:01 PM
I am using a g2 an I do not have the option for the stove either. I also have uninstalled the game not once but twice I have also cleared my cache. Today is easter I have enough materials to buil one yet I am not give the option to buy one. I don't have the tables, chairs, bunny clock. I however do have the option to buy the baskeyt of eggs for 20 + jems. Nice right I can have something if I spend money.

missbeccalou
04-09-12, 07:48 AM
I agree. It's not right that some of us don't get these new items with the rest of our neighbors. And what's worse, I just learned, is that some select people get special items that are not include in weekly updates. If you ever saw a decoration or something that you don't have, it's because for some reason they were given the chance to buy it and you weren't.

Usually if you see a decoration or other special item you weren't given the chance to buy, it's something they got from one of the boxes under the Design tab. I've never seen an item in someone's restaurant/bakery/shop that I couldn't trace back to a box (there are lists of what's in each of the boxes for every game here on the forums). You can have as many special items as you want, too - for 24 gems each time you open a box. They got those items because they paid for them. It's possible that some of those items were also a limited time only (gem) purchase; these show up as pop-ups when you open the game. Some of them are only available for a couple of days, so if you didn't play for a couple of days, you missed out.

azzuri924
04-09-12, 04:45 PM
According to TL, select people get offered items that are only offered to them. This goes across all games.

beertjeanita
04-09-12, 04:56 PM
I also don't have any easter oven in my restaurant, and for now.....i don't want them anymore......keep it. (or mayby buy some for next year if i am Still playing, lol)
That stategy of TL to get these easter updates after easter is so weird..like buying a christmas tree Dec.27th.

HmongVillager
04-09-12, 04:59 PM
I also don't have any easter oven in my restaurant, and for now.....i don't want them anymore......keep it. (or mayby buy some for next year if i am Still playing, lol)
That stategy of TL to get these easter updates after easter is so weird..like buying a christmas tree Dec.27th.

Since i dont celebrate easter or christmas(or any christian holidays) i dont really mind if i get the updates after its over but i could see some peoples frustration.

redsox555
04-09-12, 06:56 PM
HmongVillager...its nice that u can appreciate where a lot of us are coming from. It is really frustrating for us that do observe those holidays. I guess u could liken it to your friends taking you out to celebrate ur birthday a week late. Or maybe ur partner acknowledging your anniversary well after the date, and then being cavalier about it, seemingly saying, "so? That's how I roll". Lol.

Or the way I look at it is...this isn't a relationship. Teamava is a company that produces a product I pay for. I expect a level of professionalism and service. Thats all ;)

redsox555
04-10-12, 12:38 AM
Just received the Easter update. 24 hours after Easter. Hope everyone else gets theirs today too.

kellyg02
04-10-12, 01:43 PM
I still haven't got any updates. So frustrating! I don't care about the Easter things anymore but would of been nice if they did their jobs and made it fair for everyone. Wonder what else I will miss out on with this game.

kooky panda
04-10-12, 01:50 PM
I still haven't got any updates. So frustrating! I don't care about the Easter things anymore but would of been nice if they did their jobs and made it fair for everyone. Wonder what else I will miss out on with this game.

It should be out very soon, have your forced closed or exiting out of your game, and restarted your device?
You will not get a pop up, the new items will just show up.