PDA

View Full Version : new player looking for help!

nora_m
04-05-12, 08:14 PM
hey all!
just started playing around 2 weeks ago, i'm at level 22.
i'm reading this forum and i cannot believe how much there is to this game and how much i don't know.

can anyone tell me about "mastering" things? how do you do it, what happens when you do?

i've read about people removing seats to not run out of food quickly, but then wouldn't earning coins slow down as well?

some folks seem to want several of one type of product: ie 4 stoves, 4 ice cream maker etc.
i have 2 drink makers, 2 stoves, a donut maker and an ice cream maker.

also, is there a way to earn collectibles or are they just random?

help!!! any tips or info will be much appreciated :)

8summer8
04-05-12, 08:29 PM
Hi, have you checked out the sticky post bakery story FAQ? All the best.

sparks229
04-05-12, 11:54 PM
Yeah the guide helps...kinda to me anyways. But if you want your questions answered here,

When you reach a new mastery level you earn rewards. For reaching level 1 and 3 you get a certain amount of coins and XP. For reaching levels 2and 4, you get a gem each time which is probably why people like mastering items. Each time you make a recipe you get "chef hats" which are just your mastery points.

Some people do that yeah but you don't have to. Some people just have enough money but not food.

Collectibles are random but here's TL's blog post on collectibles
http://blog.teamlava.com/post/13516938808/guide-to-collectibles-bakery-story
When you buy certain things you will randomly possibly get a specific item in that category.

Hope that helps. Personally the FAQ/guide thing never worked for me but it was a nice job he did

mingboo
04-06-12, 06:43 AM
hey all!
just started playing around 2 weeks ago, i'm at level 22.
i'm reading this forum and i cannot believe how much there is to this game and how much i don't know.

can anyone tell me about "mastering" things? how do you do it, what happens when you do?

i've read about people removing seats to not run out of food quickly, but then wouldn't earning coins slow down as well?

some folks seem to want several of one type of product: ie 4 stoves, 4 ice cream maker etc.
i have 2 drink makers, 2 stoves, a donut maker and an ice cream maker.

also, is there a way to earn collectibles or are they just random?

help!!! any tips or info will be much appreciated :)

this is the link to recipe, ovens and lots more on mastering a recipe:
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?17858-Bakery-Story-Recipe-Inventory-and-Chart!!

food in bakery do not run as fast as RS. it is more difficult for new players, but it will get easier when you get more oven slots. cook those with high serving/ hour first. once you stock up, then you cook what you like. hope it helps!!

nora_m
04-13-12, 01:23 AM
thank you so much!! very helpful :)

Rachael98
04-13-12, 01:31 AM
Haha, you're very welcome:)

Superyalda
04-13-12, 01:40 AM
thank you so much!! very helpful :)

Something which might seem obvious but it took me a while to figure out is that you can put your appliances in storage and buy different ones.
This is good to know because mastering recipes is easier when you have all the same appliance working on the same thing. It also helps with managing your time since you don't have to check in at different times to serve the food.
You'll notice that most of the high level players do this.
Another tip: keep your tables clear so you can get max tips, don't keep too many counters out, put extra tables instead.
And another tip: save those gems for additional appliances! Unlock them for 24 gems. It helps alot!
One last tip: NEVER gift low profit foods. Some new players like to gift different foods for the fun of it, but good players will gift only cappuccino or parts. If you want, I have a "newish" bakery and really need good neighbors. My ID is Superyalda2 for my new account.
These are some things I do. Everyone is different. You'll learn what works best for you as you play.
Good luck!

sourlicorice2
04-13-12, 05:28 AM
Something which might seem obvious but it took me a while to figure out is that you can put your appliances in storage and buy different ones.
This is good to know because mastering recipes is easier when you have all the same appliance working on the same thing. It also helps with managing your time since you don't have to check in at different times to serve the food.
You'll notice that most of the high level players do this.
Another tip: keep your tables clear so you can get max tips, don't keep too many counters out, put extra tables instead.
And another tip: save those gems for additional appliances! Unlock them for 24 gems. It helps alot!
One last tip: NEVER gift low profit foods. Some new players like to gift different foods for the fun of it, but good players will gift only cappuccino or parts. If you want, I have a "newish" bakery and really need good neighbors. My ID is Superyalda2 for my new account.
These are some things I do. Everyone is different. You'll learn what works best for you as you play.
Good luck!

I disagree with using your gems for extra appliances. Id save them and use them for nice decorations/tables etc. its not worth wasting them on an extra appliance.

amymcc
04-13-12, 06:11 AM
I agree with sourlicorice2. I never unlocked an extra appliance and still had enough food. Right now I have over 3 million servings. Some weeks I don't cook at all. Spending gems on an appliance would have been a waste for me.

Superyalda
04-14-12, 03:04 PM
I agree with sourlicorice2. I never unlocked an extra appliance and still had enough food. Right now I have over 3 million servings. Some weeks I don't cook at all. Spending gems on an appliance would have been a waste for me.

The extra appliance isn't about food. I toss alot of food. Actually, after about level 30 nothing is about food. It's about gems! You master recipes and get goals done faster when you have more appliances. I've been playing for about a year now and am at lvl 97 in RS. I have those appliances whipping up the gems pretty fast.

Like I said, everyone has their own strategy.

PinkStarbelly
04-14-12, 03:25 PM
The extra appliance isn't about food. I toss alot of food. Actually, after about level 30 nothing is about food. It's about gems! You master recipes and get goals done faster when you have more appliances. I've been playing for about a year now and am at lvl 97 in RS. I have those appliances whipping up the gems pretty fast.

Like I said, everyone has their own strategy.

I've actually never thought about that, thanks for ur tip. I think it's different in BS and RS though. In BS there so many pretty decorations I like that costs gems. I'm working recipe after recipe to s**** 3 coins for each snowflake tables while in RS I've never used a single gem cuz I don't find any decoration that costs gems nice enough .. so yeah, I'll use my gems to open slots on RS and just keep buying my snowflake tables on BS hehe :D