PDA

View Full Version : How do u get gem sale offers?

newstarr
04-05-12, 09:56 AM
In all the other games I play (sims, smurfs, city) I get sale offers for "gems". I see it mentioned on the forums. I have never had any offers. Do they pop up when u open the game or when u go to buy gems? I got an iTunes gift card and want to use it to get more ovens but a sale would be nice!

kattybell
04-05-12, 09:56 AM
They usually pop up when you open the game, and they're sent out to random players.

Rachael98
04-05-12, 09:58 AM
My advice for the card, unless you're desperate to get the gems now, would be to wait until a 40% offer comes about (which might be soon, for Easter, I suppose).

newstarr
04-05-12, 10:07 AM
I have never had an offer. Do I need to make an initial purchase to be placed on the list of players who get them?

kattybell
04-05-12, 10:11 AM
I have never had an offer. Do I need to make an initial purchase to be placed on the list of players who get them?

I don't know, I hope you get one soon!

Rachael98
04-05-12, 10:13 AM

This is not the case.
It's completely random - I always seem to get them, even though I've only purchased one lot (though I got things before purchase of my one and only package too!)

casperx72
04-05-12, 11:38 AM
This is not the case.
It's completely random - I always seem to get them, even though I've only purchased one lot (though I got things before purchase of my one and only package too!)

Well, "Random" per user, maybe... I have gems sales every week, in all of my TL games like BS and RS. But my family members and a friend who all also play RS en BS --never-- have gem sales, since we started playing RS and BS for more than 3 months ago...

Today i have gem sale in BS and RS for example. But as i said, i know players that never had a gem sale at all for months!
One of them did purchase some gems occasionally, but did not get any discount offer for gems later.

TL does not tell how this works. In my family i am always the one that gets the special offers, and my other family members don't.

DAmanding
04-05-12, 12:16 PM
In the 7-9? months I've been playing I've had only one 40% off sale and two 30% off sales. But I get 20% off sales regularly in both Restaurant and Bakery. The more gems I purchased the more frequently I got the sales, but that could just be me. They now come every few days. I've also spent probably around $200 in buying gems since I started these games last year. Maybe they give them more frequently to people who spend a lot. I only buy during a sale now.

Purplum
04-05-12, 04:03 PM
I have two accounts with TL.

The first on my old droid phone used to get gem sales every week in every game.
The last is my newer iphone which hasn't gotten one sale. Ever. In any game.

/sadpanda

bakerbarbie12
04-05-12, 04:53 PM
I have an iPad and have never ever been offered a gem sale...Is it possible your device determines whether you are selected at random or not? I've even purchased gems four or five times. I would not only love cheaper gems but some of those free things you get for it looks cool.

newstarr
04-05-12, 10:14 PM
I have an iPad and iPhone and my kids have iPods and we started playing in Feb. no sales for any of us ever. My husband has an android but refuses to play. Now I want to force him to so I can see what he gets offered.

candyglam
04-05-12, 11:39 PM
I get them every week for 1 to 3 stories on my iPad 2. But my husband has played Restaurant, Farm, and Bakery with me on his Android phone for months and has never had a sale. He recently switched to his own iPad, which I though would maybe give him some sales, but it's been a few weeks and still nothing. I don't get it (and don't think it's fair).

maddyscupcakes
04-06-12, 12:06 AM
On an iPad here and get gem sale offers pretty regularly. I have purchased gems full price before but now wait for a sale

lilkeeks
04-06-12, 12:38 AM
I get them pretty frequently....Android.

I remember when TL either used to offer a gift with purchase as an initiative whenever gem sales weren't going on....that would be nice as well

oxford37
04-06-12, 12:42 AM
I get gem sales all the time and I'm on an old iPod 2!

theredchilly
04-06-12, 05:13 AM
The players have been ranting about not getting any gem sale for months. I have not seen one in 5 months now, while a lot of them get one each week. Team lava says its random, but really? How can it be random when most players get it each week and I have seen so many discussions were players have not had a sale in 5 months? It is frustrating to buy gems at full price When you know our neighbor got gems, and spent less. If random is not working for the players then I wish team lava wouldpay attention and let everyone have a gem sale at the same time. After all the goal of this game is to destress but this randomness in everything spoils it for players who are treated as second class citizens. I mean the least team lava could do is start a thread and take the name of all the players who have not received a gemsale in few months and look into what the issue is, rather than just saying "its random, if you have not got one, you will get one the next time"

nocz
04-08-12, 01:08 AM
I have played about 2 months since February 2012.
I am using andriod.
20% sales is quite frequent~about every other day.
Maybe it is now in Easter, today is 30% sales in BS but not yet in RS.
PS I have never purchased for GEMS before~

arch1
04-08-12, 08:31 AM
The players have been ranting about not getting any gem sale for months. I have not seen one in 5 months now, while a lot of them get one each week. Team lava says its random, but really? How can it be random when most players get it each week and I have seen so many discussions were players have not had a sale in 5 months? It is frustrating to buy gems at full price When you know our neighbor got gems, and spent less. If random is not working for the players then I wish team lava wouldpay attention and let everyone have a gem sale at the same time. After all the goal of this game is to destress but this randomness in everything spoils it for players who are treated as second class citizens. I mean the least team lava could do is start a thread and take the name of all the players who have not received a gemsale in few months and look into what the issue is, rather than just saying "its random, if you have not got one, you will get one the next time"

Same here, since last December no gem sale until now. Maybe they just don't care lol.

8summer8
04-08-12, 05:25 PM
I agree with red chilly. Everyone should have the same opportunities in the game or it's just upsetting/annoying/discouraging. If they are going to insist on giving stuff to some players not others (eg gem sales, limited time items) then instead of "random" they should cycle through.

jingyi6
04-20-12, 07:24 AM
I always get gem sales on my iphone 4S . It never happens on my galaxy SII. Feel sad for my android phone. :-(

rockhollow
04-20-12, 08:17 AM
I play on an ipad and get random offerings for sale gems. The problem is that it shows up on my game as 'sale' for gems, but then if I click on it, the buy gems screen shows up without a sale, and then sometimes it shows the sale - weird.
I have never had a 40% sale ever, only 10%, and that doesn't seem like much of a sale.

seattlestown
04-20-12, 10:43 PM
I have spent we over $1000 since starting BS and RS last fall. Since the December sale I have not received any more gem sales. I'm on an iphone4. Really not fair for good customers!!! I'm gonna quit giving TL my $$$ now unless I get a batch of free gems to compensate for losing so much money buying at full price!!

Didn't realize ppl were getting so many sales and not me. I feel so ripped off now!!!

Not to mention how much $$ I wasted on those evil mystery boxes and ending up with countless horrid items that I had to sell off rite away because I soooo disliked them. What a sheer waste of my real money!!!!

MissHKNY
04-23-12, 07:28 AM
This problem is frustrating esp when u want to buy gems preferable on sale to get the 3-4 days limited items or a soon to be taken out surprise box. TL really should do something about this randomness they call it bc its simply NOT FAIR!! I also have 2 accts as well. One on ipad2 which i started playing last year around Feb and one on iphone4s which I started playing this year Feb. Obviously the acct on my ipad2 is my main acct as I have spent about $1k on gems there since last year till now. But I did stopped playing my ipad2 main acct last summer and picked up the game again at the end of Feb of this year. Which made me create my second acct on my iphone4s.

Now for me what I notice...my iphone4s acct (2nd acct) which I don't really play, get 20% off gem sales almost every week. It also gets all the Thursday updates on time and have gotten all the limited item offers they released since Feb. Where as my ipad2 acct which I spent lots of money decorating since last year have NOT gotten ONE gem sale since I picked up the game. I seems to not matter whether if u do spend gems or not to get the gem sales bc i spend over $200 since this Feb. What frustrates me the most are the updates. I have experienced missing a Thursday update twice. Once for the St. Patrick's Day items and second for Easter items. I had to wait till the following Tuesday to get update thus having the availibility to purchase the holiday items. Also I didnt get the limited offer for Leprechaun Hideout which I wanted really bad and the most recent Stone Spring on my ipad2. What pisses me off is my iphone4s got all the updates, limited item offers, and gem sales! And i had not once purchased any gems on my iphone4s acct bc I only use it to gift parts to my ipad2 main acct when I am desperate for a part to build. Just to make a note though, i have never experience this randomness on updates, gem sales, and limited item offers in the past when I played last year. Not sure if TL changed anything during the time I had stopped playing.

So this randomness is totally not fair bc I can understand if my iphone4s missed a gem sale or update and my ipad2 got at least one gem sale since Feb. Then u can call that random...but it doesnt seem like the case. My iphone4s seems to have all the favors...and my ipad2 is ripped off. I really wanted so bad to purchase loads of gems on sale to try for the wedding ceremony when I knew they were taking it off but have not gotten one sale and missed it! So please Teamlava...hear us out! This randomness is SOoo unfair!!

Purplum
04-23-12, 11:33 AM
They seriously need to reconfigure how they compute the randomness of their gem sales. I feel like my ID is not even on their list to be chosen, as I have never gotten one sale in all of the numerous TL games I play. I would love to purchase gems in a few of my games and try for some fun box prizes or buy the limited offers, but I feel like paying full price for gems is a huge rip-off -- especially since my previous phone & ID got sales every single week. On my old ID with all the sales, I bought gems probably every couple of weeks.

I guess TL is just trying to help me be frugal by not encouraging me to give them money. Their loss, I'm a sucker for sales.

yairya99
04-23-12, 01:18 PM
On my phone I got 30%off sale when I transfers to my kindle I only got 10% off.so I cut way back because 10% off is not a sale.considering That there are a few other games I play that are just as nice as These game that only charge 99 to 19.99.and you get like 50 to500 jewels.