PDA

View Full Version : Crop and Neighor List Suggestion

Unregistered
06-13-10, 10:34 AM
I would like to see some crops added with a "time to harvest" somewhere between the current 30 minutes for cranberries and the 3 hours for carrots and cantaloupe. Maybe and hour or 45 minutes, even 2 hours. It would make it easier to play the game.

I would also like the ability to delete neighbors who are no longer playing or to at least determine the order they appear in my neighbor list instead of alpha order. That way I can move those "dead" ones to the bottom of my list. I would really love a little note pad that i can click on or hover over to see a note that I personally wrote about that neighbor so I can know at a glance that they are not longer playing. I have 68 neighbors and I faithfully visit each one every day to water, but it takes so long to scroll and go to each one that if someone is full of water I usually cannot come back. A little notepad would let me make notes, or if I can change the order as I go, then I can make sure I get them all watered EVERY day. Anyone agree??

Bunny
06-13-10, 12:28 PM
I have 104 neighbors whose farms I loyally visit and water everyday. I am noticing that some either have maybe taken a break or worse just want you to water for them but never reciprocate. There should be a way that we can remove neighbors because scrolling through the list each time to water is crazy and time consuming. I do have loyal neighbors as I am to them but I'd love the ability to remove the water mooching farmers.

Unregistered
06-13-10, 01:00 PM
I have over 70 neighbors and I visit every single one loyally but some have stopped playing. Those empty farms or wilted farms are taking up too much space in my neighbor list. Also, why can't there be a way to REALLY know who watered. I will help anyone in need but when they post that they have and they really didn't it just takes time away from my loyal neighbors. Maybe like an automatic post from the game itself that "name here" neighbor has watered, would you like to help him/her out?

Unregistered
06-13-10, 02:33 PM
I have over 70 neighbors and I visit every single one loyally but some have stopped playing. Those empty farms or wilted farms are taking up too much space in my neighbor list. Also, why can't there be a way to REALLY know who watered. I will help anyone in need but when they post that they have and they really didn't it just takes time away from my loyal neighbors. Maybe like an automatic post from the game itself that "name here" neighbor has watered, would you like to help him/her out?

Actually, I think that the new Flower version does what lyou are talking about. If you take a look at the "Profile" section, there is the Wall where people post but with the new version, there is "News Feed". It appears that the game is automatically building this seciton when someone waters your farm. This is a nice feature. I am going to use it to not have to leave a comment every time I water. This will make more time for me to water other neighbors!

Do you agree that that is how the News Feed section is working???

Unregistered
06-13-10, 02:52 PM
Actually, I think that the new Flower version does what lyou are talking about. If you take a look at the "Profile" section, there is the Wall where people post but with the new version, there is "News Feed". It appears that the game is automatically building this seciton when someone waters your farm. This is a nice feature. I am going to use it to not have to leave a comment every time I water. This will make more time for me to water other neighbors!

Do you agree that that is how the News Feed section is working???

That is how it's working. Unfortunately it's still only showing the last five, so if you're not on often you'll miss the messages still.

I really wish I could get my neighbors organized by have watered/have not watered, at least. At 120, it takes me an hour or so in the morning and at night to go through all of them, because with a very few exceptions, I can't remember if I got them or not, lol.

Ellie
06-13-10, 03:19 PM
I have already asked in another thread that the news feed list be increased from 5. Rather than a number, it might work better if it showed who had watered you in the past 12 or 24 hours.

Like others my neighbour list is around 100 and around 20 or 25 have no crops or they have withered, I would like to be able to remove them. I also have favourites, the farmers who will water regardless of whether I have watered first. I try to go through the list at least once a day but it would help if i could see who I have watered and which neighbours need water, many are planting 3 or 4 day crops and get fully watered very quickly.

I have stopped accepting neighbour requests as it is becoming a chore rather than a pleasure to wade through the neighbour list.

Ellie

Ellie
06-13-10, 03:27 PM
I have already asked in another thread that the news feed list be increased from 5. Rather than a number, it might work better if it showed who had watered you in the past 12 or 24 hours.

Like others my neighbour list is around 100 and around 20 or 25 have no crops or they have withered, I would like to be able to remove them. I also have favourites, the farmers who will water regardless of whether I have watered first. I try to go through the list at least once a day but it would help if i could see who I have watered and which neighbours need water, many are planting 3 or 4 day crops and get fully watered very quickly.

I have stopped accepting neighbour requests as it is becoming a chore rather than a pleasure to wade through the neighbour list.

Ellie

swati
06-13-10, 04:58 PM
That is how it's working. Unfortunately it's still only showing the last five, so if you're not on often you'll miss the messages still.

I wonder why they went to the trouble of updating and only left the limit to 5? I would like to be able to see more, it seems like such a easy change. I love the game, but do they expect us to be on the game 24 hours a day?

Unregistered
06-14-10, 06:44 AM
i ahve over 100 nieghbors. some dont even water my farm or message me. i would liek to delete them. and i dont have the time to visit each and every one of them.

Unregistered
06-14-10, 11:30 AM
Would anyone else like to see ape that take an hour??

Unregistered
06-14-10, 01:08 PM
I would like to see some crops added with a "time to harvest" somewhere between the current 30 minutes for cranberries and the 3 hours for carrots and cantaloupe. Maybe and hour or 45 minutes, even 2 hours. It would make it easier to play the game.

I would also like the ability to delete neighbors who are no longer playing or to at least determine the order they appear in my neighbor list instead of alpha order. That way I can move those "dead" ones to the bottom of my list. I would really love a little note pad that i can click on or hover over to see a note that I personally wrote about that neighbor so I can know at a glance that they are not longer playing. I have 68 neighbors and I faithfully visit each one every day to water, but it takes so long to scroll and go to each one that if someone is full of water I usually cannot come back. A little notepad would let me make notes, or if I can change the order as I go, then I can make sure I get them all watered EVERY day. Anyone agree??
YES!!!!!!!!!!
Please Make Comething so that we Hover Our Finger Over That Neighbor, we Can Choose The Option " Waters My Farm" or " Doesn't Water My Farm"

Tink
06-15-10, 01:14 AM
Neighbors:

I would like an accept all and a decline all button to get rid of the huge list of neighbors requests. Also having the new neighbors requests in the "invite friends" tab was usefull, why did it move? If it's because people tend to forget to look there; rename the tab: "New neighbors" and add a number of waiting friends. And I would like to be able to look at the farm of a neighbor by tapping on the name, before I accept. That way I can eliminate people who don't play enough.

Same goes for the neighbor list: tap on the name to visit and a button (or X) to delete neighbours. I never visit neighbors anymore because I have so many inactives!

Donnan
06-15-10, 11:25 AM

Ellie

With over 200 neighbors I would not be able to water them all. I had a spreadsheet that I keep track of who's watered me and who I water back and I usually start at the top or the bottom of that sheet. I am no longer leaving my code as I just have no way to water everyone now since I typically leave a note. I always start with those that water me first.

Maybe just put a little # on the visit button that shows how much water is left and give us the option to delete the deadbeat farmers, I've got one that had his crops wither over a week ago and they are still sitting there rotting. I'm sure there are others as well.

Don

Unregistered
06-16-10, 09:02 PM
Thanks to Farm Story for adding the new crop pinapple that takes one hour to harvest!! Already planted some. :)

Unregistered
06-17-10, 08:27 AM
Just noticed that we can now plant Pineapples - and they only take 1 hr :-)

Unregistered
06-17-10, 02:48 PM
I also think we should could delete neighbors. I also think it would be Nice if neighboring wasn't so easy. Wouldn't it be fantastic if a neighbor could help you harvest? Let a neighbor harvest and give him the XP and methe money. If a neighbor is harvesting without permission throw him out. That way we have to trust our neighbors and it is more likely to invite poeple you phisically know. That way the game spreads out faster becaurse we all have to tell our friends.
See ya. Vruchtenmix

Unregistered
06-18-10, 06:36 AM
Hey all,
Here are my thoughts on neighbor management;
First, Unless you have very little actual crops on your farm, or you only plant long time to harvest crops, and/or you are not that concerned about earning coins/xp, then the more neighbors the better.
With that said, there should be a way to manually organize the neighbor list like it could have its own screen with tabs such as frequents (organized by a neighbors frequency of visits compared to all your other neighbors).
Another tab could have the alpha selection grid to find a particular neighbor by name.
Another could show some type of gauge compared to how frequent you water them.
And then to keep it all under control, there needs to be some type of cost associated with having a large number of neighbors.

I see people mention deadbeats or inactives. I consider a neighbor to be inactive if i observe that they are not gaining lvls and/or they always have a wilted farm. When I stop by farms and it appears the whole farm is either unplowed or only plowed, I try to comeback i little later if I can cause they are probably in the middle of operations. maybe deciding on what to plant etc... since we can't see in real time what someone is actually doing at the time. which would be pretty cool to watch your farm being watered :)

I know there are some neighbors that I may rarely get to if at all. This is not because I ignore them, but because whenever I decide to get on the game, the first thing I do after checking my crops, is to start at the bottom of my recent water tab and return the water if needed. next i go thru my wall list starting at the bottom (this is also necessary for reading the comments anyway) and water/reply if needed. Then I go home and tend my crops harvesting/plowing/planting. Then I check my lists again, hit the social list several times, and then I Randomly hit Neighbors on my neighbors list by flinging it like a roulette wheel and where it stops that's who i water. So if I could see them arranged by how often they water me, i could return water more appropriately. Which brings me back to a cost for having large amounts of neighbors. Maybe if you don't water someone for say 2 weeks, then they fall off your list? sure the neighbor losses a neighbor also, but if you aren't watering them anyway, whats the loss? and if you don't upkeep your neighbor list, then as you loose neighbors and your list gets smaller, you start loosing items on your farm that require a minimum amt of neighbors.

Now for watering; I think you should be able to purchase some sort of containers of various sizes, for storing water. Containers such as maybe a barrel (holds 10 buckets), a tank (holds 25) water tower (holds 50)
Water is put into the containers only by your actual neighbors who are unable to water when they visit because your all watered.
water is removed from the containers only by you when you visit your neighbors. you would be allowed to give an extra 10 per day to your neighbors. This would help out whenever someone with a large field is doing short term crops to earn some extra cash.

As far as time for crops to grow, I would also like to see other variations in type and time. But if they put em all out at once, what would we have to look forward to? ;)

I consider this a social game and therefore I welcome all neighbors. I reply to all comments left on my wall no matter what language they use, using google translate and reply on their wall in their language.

Thanks for reading,

Fred currently LvL 45 My ID - CODENAMESMITH 1316 Neighbors and counting ;)
Happy Farming !!!

Unregistered
12-21-10, 12:51 AM
How to delete my farm and storm id. Please

Unregistered
12-21-10, 07:08 PM
Hi. If you go to your neighbor list, look at the top of the list and you will see EDIT. Once you tap that, you will have the option of scrolling through your neighbor list and removing whoever you want. Hope this helps.

Unregistered
12-21-10, 07:45 PM
I have 104 neighbors whose farms I loyally visit and water everyday. I am noticing that some either have maybe taken a break or worse just want you to water for them but never reciprocate. There should be a way that we can remove neighbors because scrolling through the list each time to water is crazy and time consuming. I do have loyal neighbors as I am to them but I'd love the ability to remove the water mooching farmers.

There is a way you can remove neighbours; hit: MENU: SOCIAL: NEIGHBOURS: EDIT: REMOVE. Personally, I've only removed around 3 even though I have over 1500 at the moment. Bear in mind, that just like real life, people have every-day stuff to deal with; if they don't make it 'round don't get all itchy trigger finger! Good neighbours mean being a good neighbour. And often good neighbours are more!

SG

Unregistered
12-22-10, 06:33 PM
i ahve over 100 nieghbors. some dont even water my farm or message me. i would liek to delete them. and i dont have the time to visit each and every one of them.

Hi,

Under the Social tab, the title bar 'Neighbors' has an Edit button, Hitting this button changes the "Gift" "Visit" buttons to "Remove". If you know the name of your disinterested neighbors you can use that to remove them from your list.

Ditto the request to have a most active sort list, or needs H2o list, I have several neighbors that are always full when I hit their farm, and others who's crops have died and met their maker.

KnuttyKitten