PDA

View Full Version : OK Team Lava, you win

RoseMeyer
04-03-12, 07:55 PM
If I can't keep food on the table with NINE ovens....

Im cutting back to ONE Chair. If I don't have a bit of food left over after 24 hours, I quit.

lilkeeks
04-03-12, 08:02 PM
I wasn't able to do this with 9 ovens until I closed my bakery for a few days and stockpiled food. After that, I always had things cooking....haven't closed my bakery since September.

kooky panda
04-03-12, 08:44 PM
Rose
Have you tried moving your chairs and tables away from your door and podium? also make a long winding path from the door to the tables, this should slow up the customers from
eating so fast.

bobbyrae
04-03-12, 09:06 PM
Try to find some neighbours who will gift only food and some who will gift only parts. That way you can get both parts and food gifts. That helps.

If you have the space, try doing what kooky suggested, but whatever you do, don't close the restaurant completely. Instead block off a section of your store and allow customers to have access to one or two tables and also your cashier, like this:
http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x380/annjohnbobbyrae/418646d1.jpg

Leave tables out for your neighbours to tip so you can earn some money.
Then look for the recipes that carry the most servings and cook those over and over for a few days, while asking your neighbours to gift you stew. You'll still earn some money while being able to stockpile some food.

uljasha
04-03-12, 10:21 PM
I have 9 appliances too and I cant sell all the food! I have to throw out some gift food because I need to clear counters. This started when I unlocked Molten Lava Cakes.

uljasha
04-03-12, 10:29 PM
And I never cook all the day, 2-3 of my appliances are not used during the day, only at evenings, because they have only 1-2 short receipes and I am too lazy to store them frequently ;)

RoseMeyer
04-04-12, 04:42 AM
" your neighbours to gift you stew"
I get lots of stew in RS. :) Havent found any bakery neighbors to do it tho.

Anyway, yes, one table, far away and through a maze. After 24 hrs, Ill make it 2 tables. Everyday Ill add one table until Ican make it overnight without angry face riots in the am.

Iwas used to it in the morning, last night I was going to get it before I even went to bed.!!!1

RoseMeyer
04-04-12, 04:58 AM
srsly, somebody posted that the bakery guys are eating in ten seconds. Its true! The plates disappear after TEN SECONDS. The RS plates disappear after 30 seconds.

mingboo
04-04-12, 07:09 AM
srsly, somebody posted that the bakery guys are eating in ten seconds. Its true! The plates disappear after TEN SECONDS. The RS plates disappear after 30 seconds.

it is strange though... although in BS customers eat faster, i am to stock my food faster in BS. maybe it is the serving/hour that make the different...

RoseMeyer
04-04-12, 08:43 AM
Clear a plate in 10 seconds, say 5 per minute. That's 720 plates per hour for ONE CHAIR.
there are ALOT of recipes that come nowhere NEAR that number.

I REALLY gotta figure out how many chairs can be sustained by the amount of time I am willing to spend on this game.

AnnasCoffee
04-04-12, 09:09 AM
Hi RoseMeyer,

I read your post and I like math, so i thought i would try to help. I came up with a plan for you to cook OVER 45,000 plates of food per day on only 9 appliances. (note: A bakery should sell 45,000 plates per day according to research done by another member named fecsuper.)

If you want to try it.... First cook either egg tarts or molten lava cake on all nine appliances (if you have the molten lava unlocked they are better). The egg tarts or molten lava will take 22 hours. Then when they are done cook jasmine tea on all 9 appliances (cook time one hour). If you do egg tarts/jasmine tea you will have 45,450 plates per day, you should not sell out. The molten lava/jasmine tea combo will give you even more... 49,950 plates per day.

Also, of you want to add me I gift cappuccino, BUT I DONT TIP, so it's up to you!

RoseMeyer
04-04-12, 09:16 AM
We're already neighbors, Anna!

:)
I don't think I have molten lava cake yet, I do see egg tarts and have jasmine tea.
I have to go see what appliance the cake is on.

I might try your plan.

Rosie

RoseMeyer
04-04-12, 09:20 AM
nope, MoltenLava is on the Valentines version, which I never found and I'm on android so who knows if it was even ever available.

Thanks for the suggestion tho.

AnnasCoffee
04-04-12, 09:34 AM
We're already neighbors, Anna!

I don't think I have molten lava cake yet, I do see egg tarts and have jasmine tea.
I have to go see what appliance the cake is on.

I might try your plan.

Rosie

Wow... I dont tip and i dont even recognize my own neighbor's names! Sorry! I must be the worst neighbor EVER! Anybody else wanna add me :)

RoseMeyer
04-04-12, 10:25 AM
Dont worry Anna, I havent tipped since last Friday, I dunno if Im going to start again, it just TOO MUCH TIME to spend on it. :)

BigFam
04-04-12, 01:39 PM
Keep your chin up Rose. When looking at what to bake, don't look at how much money you can make, look at quantities made per the number of hours baked. For instance, if you want to bake something for 2 hours, look through the recipes and pick the item that makes the highest quantity of plates in that time frame. Do this, and it will help keep the counters more full. And all of a sudden, as you go from 9 to 10 to 11 appliances, you magically cross over from having too little food to having too much. I am at level 51, and I recall that right around level 45 or so for me, I started making more food than my customers could eat.

Good luck!

GroovyRuss
04-04-12, 04:00 PM
If I can't keep food on the table with NINE ovens....

Im cutting back to ONE Chair. If I don't have a bit of food left over after 24 hours, I quit.

i was able to keep up with just 5 ovens. Just cook red velvet cookies for a few days and stockpile them then move on.

mrdoubtfire
04-04-12, 07:48 PM
My suggestion is just being patient and try leveling up faster to be able to build more appliances. In no time, you'll have more food than you'll know what to do with. It also gives you personal goals to keep playing.

RoseMeyer
04-05-12, 07:07 AM
:) Im back up to THREE chairs this morning.

One a day until I feel the equilibrium is back. I'm glad to get the tulips to decorate my little maze.

newstarr
04-05-12, 09:49 AM
I have the opposite problem. I can't keep food around in RS but have to keep adding counters to BS. I put up a divider but it doesn't make my food sell faster in BS.

kattybell
04-05-12, 10:16 AM
I have the opposite problem. I can't keep food around in RS but have to keep adding counters to BS. I put up a divider but it doesn't make my food sell faster in BS.

Same here, I have three chairs available in Rest.

DAmanding
04-05-12, 12:28 PM

To make your food sell faster in BS you want to *decrease* the amount of walking each customer does. See fecsuper's thread on efficient design (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?23320-most-Efficient-RS-design-(without-maths)) for details on how to maximize your sales. The thread is for RS but applies to Bakery as well. I've been using it to great success.

sparklytink
04-07-12, 03:16 PM
I have so much food now in bs but I used to have trouble keeping up... Eventually as u get more ovens it changes

RoseMeyer
04-07-12, 09:16 PM
I realize that it was the Peach Cobbler!! Trying to let to level II on that, I put all my ovens towards it. 300 stinking plates for three hours of cooking time. Boy was THAT ever a mistake!!

mingboo
04-08-12, 01:10 AM
I realize that it was the Peach Cobbler!! Trying to let to level II on that, I put all my ovens towards it. 300 stinking plates for three hours of cooking time. Boy was THAT ever a mistake!!

i remember those days when i have fewer ovens, peach cobbler is one of the last item i mastered!! BTW, i had 20 ovens (accidentally purchased two more) in RS compared to 18 in BS. I have never run out of food in BS but in RS, i had a hard time keeping up with the rate of sales!

pops1972
04-08-12, 09:12 AM
Once I had a neighbor that turned her cash register around so that the litte people couldn't get to it. They peeked through the door and walked right back out. She stocked up a lot of food. Does anyone else do this?

DAmanding
04-08-12, 09:52 AM
Once I had a neighbor that turned her cash register around so that the litte people couldn't get to it. They peeked through the door and walked right back out. She stocked up a lot of food. Does anyone else do this?

Many people block the door or the register. Be warned there may be negative consequences for doing this though. Blocking the door may result in a quick sale of everything once you open again...but this doesn't happen to everyone. It doesn't happen to me ever. Blocking the register but not the door will likely result in a low happiness rating which decreases the number of customers that come to your place.

RoseMeyer
04-09-12, 07:20 AM
low happiness rating which decreases the number of customers that come to your place

Which is a desired effect and is temporary and WILL go away once you get going again.

My rating was down to TEN.

Now Im hovering at 95-100.

aiyayu
04-12-12, 07:54 PM
I don't particularly find anything wrong with have all the food sell out because it means that you gained all the profits from whatever food you set out. Which is better than having potential money locked away as food yet to be sold. The only issue with no food is that when customers come in, there will become unhappy and knock down the happiness rating. So you can either block the door the moment you log in then unblock when you log out or keep the register in front of the door. The register in the door allows for offline food consumption while keeping people out of the store while you are logged into the game.

The best way to build stock is to have more appliances out, and for that you will need to level up (don't buy the extra slots.) Concentrating on just 1-3 foods until it is mastered helps I think because of the bonus exp.

BigFam
04-13-12, 07:24 AM
I don't particularly find anything wrong with have all the food sell out because it means that you gained all the profits from whatever food you set out.

This of course presumes you don't get hit with the coin bug, which erases all the profits you made. Happened again to me this morning. Went to bed last night with 3,195,000 coins. This morning the message said I had earned 75,000 coins over night. But the total coins I had was 3,205,000. :(

kooky panda
04-13-12, 08:05 AM
This of course presumes you don't get hit with the coin bug, which erases all the profits you made. Happened again to me this morning. Went to bed last night with 3,195,000 coins. This morning the message said I had earned 75,000 coins over night. But the total coins I had was 3,205,000. :(
Big
I know the other day you had the coin loss under the Regular game. The loss this morning, did you switch back to the Valentine Version and still experience this loss today?

nixxmom
04-13-12, 04:01 PM
Has anyone mentioned brownies? Thats what I did to get a stockpile of something to tide my customers over. I sat aside 30 minutes a day to just make brownies on all my ovens over and over. I did that for about a week. Then when I was done with the brownies for the day I made red velvet cookies. I now have thousands of both and I'm using the T layout for tables and have no issues. Good luck. I hope something works for you!

sunstorm01
04-14-12, 04:40 PM
Has anyone gotten the pop up in valentines saying it's not going to be supported any longer- this started a few days ago for me. It suggests to load the regular version.

sunstorm01
04-14-12, 04:43 PM
Also- can anyone explain why on the app store it says restaurant story was last updated in dec 2011? And valentines addition in jan2012? I don't understand how they can fix bug issues and tell us to make sure we have the latest update when it's four months old?

sparks229
04-14-12, 08:11 PM
Also- can anyone explain why on the app store it says restaurant story was last updated in dec 2011? And valentines addition in jan2012? I don't understand how they can fix bug issues and tell us to make sure we have the latest update when it's four months old?

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?26727-Keep-Playing-Bakery-Valentine-for-Now
You should keep playing the valentine version because that one has the most bug fixes. The pop up was just to warn you that the valentine version would be removed soon (which it was)

BigFam
04-16-12, 07:00 AM
Big
I know the other day you had the coin loss under the Regular game. The loss this morning, did you switch back to the Valentine Version and still experience this loss today?

Kooky,
I did not switch back yet to the Valentines version. However, I did try hard closing the app immediately after noticing the coins loss, then restarting the app, and was able to get the lost coins back upon the BS re-boot. Someone here had suggested trying that, so I did - and it worked. Doing a hard close of the app worked 3 times over the weekend, and saved me quite a bit in what would have been lost coins. If anyone doesn't know what "hard closing" the app means, I can explain it if you would like.
Also FWIW, it seems to be that the only time the coins bug was hitting was when I was opening the game back up and had food ready to serve.