PDA

View Full Version : COPY PASTE for Android, maybe could work for other devices.

fecsuper
04-03-12, 04:00 PM
Hello.

Finally I found how to COPY-PASTE on my androids.
I know a lot of people already do this, but as anyone has share how to do it, I decided to write it down.

For androids.

When you are writing your message on the WALL, The electronic keyboard has to be showing, keep pressed the writing field until the editor appears.
There you have some options.
* Select all
* Select Text
* Cut
* Copy

You have to select "SELECT ALL"
Then keep pressed again the wall message and
now select "COPY"

When you want to PASTE the message in another WALL,
First you need that the electronic keyboard apears, and then keep pressed the wall message field, and will appear the next options
* Paste
* Input Method
Use must select PASTE.

EASY, but difficult to find.....

I Hope this works also on KINDLE, all androids, Idevices.

Mkay86
04-03-12, 04:07 PM
Genius! Thanks

sehana
04-03-12, 04:34 PM
I think it works in a similar way for most devices :) Thank you for sharing :)

I use the iOS keyboard shortcuts, which is very useful in a lot of situations where I type things on a daily basis.
For those of you that may not know what keyboard shortcuts are, here is an example... say for instance my email is sehanatl@somewhere.com (this is not my email )
so my chosen keyboard shortcut would be stlsw. so every time i type out stlsw, I would automatically get my whole email typed out for me :)... I'm so lazy :p, but it's just because I am always busy :)

Do some Android devices have this shortcut feature, because so far I do not see any settings for shortcuts on my Android device?

88nightmare
04-04-12, 08:54 PM
On my android in the xt9 settings there's a auto-substitution setting that you could use for that...

MrsVernsFarm
05-01-12, 02:27 PM
I have a Toshiba Thrive and can get this to work in Farm Story. Any suggestions?

MrsVernsFarm
05-01-12, 02:29 PM
Should have been "CAN'T" get the paste feature to work on Farm Story.

nmishii
05-01-12, 05:31 PM
I was able to use the process in the original post when I was on Froyo (2.2.x) on my Android. When I was upgraded to Gingerbread (2.3.x) I could no longer copy from my wall input line but I could still paste. I now create a message in a memo editor I got from Google Play (there's a lot of free ones), copy it like in the original post, and then paste onto people's walls.

pinkster73
05-01-12, 05:48 PM
I go into my texts and do it, except I cut instead of copy. But be careful with this method. I've accidents texted "watered" or "bok bok" or "Ker-blam!" to my Mom, husband, and others.,

MrsVernsFarm
05-01-12, 10:06 PM
Thanks for all the help but I am unable to get an editor window to pop up. I tapped, I held my finger there and nothing happens. Does anyone have a Thrive and do you have an answer? I am relatively new to this Tablet.

pinkster73
05-01-12, 10:12 PM
Thanks for all the help but I am unable to get an editor window to pop up. I tapped, I held my finger there and nothing happens. Does anyone have a Thrive and do you have an answer? I am relatively new to this Tablet.

Try doing what I said for my text app but use your email. I'm sure you have that.

ariesblu
05-01-12, 10:14 PM
Thanks, but this seems to no longer work for me since I updated. And it doesn't work on my Kindle either - whenever I do that, and edit text box appears with "input method" and that doesn't allow a copy, paste, or select all, unfortunately.

nmishii
05-01-12, 10:36 PM
Copy and paste works in the game if you are on Froyo, 2.2.x.
Copy doesn't work in the game if you are on Gingerbread, 2.3.x, but paste works.

You can use your text messaging as pinkster suggested. Or I downloaded Wizard Memo from Google Play; there are other free apps available if you don't like Wizard Memo. I type my text in Wizard Memo, copy it, and paste onto walls. Then I can save the text and reuse/modify it later. For example, I have a memo that says, "Tuesday water/tips" that I typed in once and use every Tuesdays. My wall posts are not real creative. I also use Wizard Memo for non-TL game usage.

tzvetkata
05-02-12, 03:29 AM
I play the game on an Android phone and I use a free app called Symbols. You can write your message there, even add some cute smiley faces. There's a "Copy to Clipboard" button. You just tap it, then hold your finger on the wall and paste.