PDA

View Full Version : expanding question for other players.

mposey
03-30-12, 10:10 AM
How did you expand your bakery? Gems or coins. I don't want to use my gems for something I can use coins for but really millions!!! It took me forever to save to 4mil 6 months ago when I was a BS addict...and all I was spending coins on were recipes to cook. Just curious to see what anyone else did. Thanks. :)

pastrychef17
03-30-12, 10:25 AM
Coins. I never spend gems when there's an option to buy something with coins. I'm not in any hurry to expand so I'm fine with taking the time to save up coins. Not gonna buy anymore gems until there's a confirmation button so I'm very careful how I spend the gems I do have.

AnnasCoffee
03-30-12, 11:08 AM
Coins only. My bakery is 19 x 22. I've been playing for about about 9 months... I think:).

I want to expand but I wont buy gems because there is no confirmation button and because of the error that steals gems .... You know the .... "Oh, No! Bakery Story is an online game and requires an Internet connection" .... Blah blah blah ERROR. Many players have paid for gems and had them stolen because of this. They will not refund your money. This game is too buggy and unreliable to buy gems.

sweetstuff525
03-30-12, 11:38 AM
I will not spend gems on any expansion saving up coins....owly but I will get there eventually....if you expand with gems many do t have anything to do...since they expanded with gemsK

kooky panda
03-30-12, 11:50 AM
When I first started playing the game, I would use gems to expand, but now I use coins. Once you are fully expanded then nothing to strive for. I would rather spend my gems on things that I cannot get for coins.

mposey
03-30-12, 12:01 PM
How are you guys saving up? Try your best not to spend coins and make the recipes that have the most coins.. or? The most money I spend are on making food of course. :)

SmokeyMtnGirl
03-30-12, 12:03 PM
Coins.

pastrychef17
03-30-12, 12:25 PM
How are you guys saving up? Try your best not to spend coins and make the recipes that have the most coins.. or? The most money I spend are on making food of course. :)

Once you're at a high enough level, making coins is actually pretty easy because you'll have plenty of food. The only problem is the consumption rate isn't very high so if you have a ton of food, you still will make the same as if you had just enough food and the extra just sit on counters. When I was at a lower level, I didn't spend much on decorations or fancy tables and chairs. I saved my coins for expansion.

If you want to earn more coins and haven't mastered all the recipes yet, focus on making red velvet cake, sugar cookies, love potion and anything else that gives more than 4 coins per serving. Spread them out on multiple counters and your revenue will increase because they sell for more. Keep lower-priced food on one counter, i.e. don't have more than 1 counter of chocolate cake or brownies (if you still make those).

mposey
03-30-12, 01:44 PM
Yea. Right now I have a bunch of food but doesn't sell fast. And most of my recipes are capped on the normal stove. Just working on capping all so whatever I'm working on capping is what's on the majority of my counters. Unless there is a way to put what you want on them but haven't found that option yet. Thanks for the advice though! :)

AnnasCoffee
03-30-12, 01:49 PM
I agree with pastrychef17.

Short answer...
I have a surplus of food, from when I was in the low levels. Now, I only make red velvet cake. You can sell up to a maximum of 45,000 plates of food a day. To do this you need to have your cash register and tables near the door. See this thread for more information .... http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?23320-most-Efficient-RS-design-(without-maths)

Not so short answer...
Once my surplus of food is gone (or if you don't have a surplus).... My plan to make the most money is.... Cook Red Velvet Cake on 11 appliances and Egg Tarts on 7 appliances. This just a little short of the 45,000, cappuccino from neighbors will make it 45,000. Total profit (subtracting the cost to cook the food) is 221,950 per day.

My next expansion costs 10,000,000. I can make this in 45 days. Well... I could make it if... Team Lava would STOP STEALING MY COINS.

Oh.. My post just got longer... That might be why your not making money as fast as you want to. There is a coin bug in all these games. You should write down your totals and see if your coins are disappearing.

AnnasCoffee
03-30-12, 01:58 PM
I'm going to start another thread related to this. I don't want to take over your thread. I'm going to ask if anyone knows how to make more than 221,950 coins per day.

nmishii
03-30-12, 02:08 PM
Coins. I did 3 expansions for coins when the expansions first became available and more space than I know what to do with. I'm in no rush to expand; my next expansion is $15M and I'm more than half way there. I have had the coins for two expansions in RS for a while but don't have the neighbor requirements.

mposey
03-30-12, 06:21 PM
Yes I've been victim of the coin bug before. That's one of the reasons why i stopped playing in Oct. I would make 65k while asleep and then moments later it will be taken away. I'm back to playing because Im on leave from work due to being 38 weeks pregnant. But Yes that's a good idea. The reg and tables near the door to get them in and out fast. :) ill try that. Im working on capping recipes or I'd stick to red velvet cakes.

AnnasCoffee
03-30-12, 06:36 PM
Yes I've been victim of the coin bug before. That's one of the reasons why i stopped playing in Oct. I would make 65k while asleep and then moments later it will be taken away. I'm back to playing because Im on leave from work due to being 38 weeks pregnant. But Yes that's a good idea. The reg and tables near the door to get them in and out fast. :) ill try that. Im working on capping recipes or I'd stick to red velvet cakes.

Ohhh... How sweet!! Congratulations on starting maternity leave. Hopefully you will have a moment to yourself to play after your baby arrives!! I mastered all the items to earn the all the gems first, too.

zeon223
03-30-12, 09:32 PM
No doubt to use coins, gems are valuable and hard to obtain...
So I am looking for faster way to earn $$....

pops1972
03-30-12, 10:50 PM
Gems. I try to keep my neighbors low so it cost me in gems in order to participate in these games. One benefit is I get to keep all my coins for decorating materials. I have a big active family so I can not spend all day tipping and gifting. Bakery is how I relax and burn up time waiting for things so I don't mind buying gems. Then I can be a great neighbor to 12 people and still be a great mom to 5 sons and a very naughty siberian husky. He is worse than a two year old. He is trouble 24/7. I buy gems to keep me sane!

mingboo
03-30-12, 11:24 PM
Coins. I did 3 expansions for coins when the expansions first became available and more space than I know what to do with. I'm in no rush to expand; my next expansion is $15M and I'm more than half way there. I have had the coins for two expansions in RS for a while but don't have the neighbor requirements.

nbrs are not that had to find but finding suitable (those that suit your requirements... like tipping daily, gifting daily, etc...) ones are more difficult!! come and take a look at my RS and BS. And if you like it i am more than willing to add you but let me know who you are. if not, i can send a request to you, if you like it, accept the request. if not, just decline!! i play fashion, city and pets as well but i spend most time in RS and BS!!