PDA

View Full Version : the new three bears oven

mingboo
03-29-12, 10:42 PM
The new oven has arrive!! You need 10 blue motors and 10 pink fuses to build one! There are three recipes in it! 1. too cold - 6 hours, just right - 12 hours and too hot - 1 day! here are some stats on the oven and mastering the recipes:

Assuming: 1. we can only accept 20 parts a day, 2. has no parts prior to release of oven, 3. do not spend gems on completing the oven, 4. you need to cook 83 times to completely master a recipe, 5. recook once the food is completed, 6. build an oven a day, 7. i am using the normal 24 hours/day and not TL's 22 hours/day:

You can only complete one oven a day!
if you start with 'Too Cold' (6 hours recipe), you need 6 days (completed 6 ovens) to master level 4 of the recipe. need a further 5 days to complete 'just right' (day 11, 11 ovens completed), another 6 days to complete 'too hot' (day 17, 17 ovens completed)

if you start with 'Just Right' (12 hours), you need about 9 days (completed 9 ovens). another 2 days to complete 'too cold' (day 11, 11 ovens completed), further 6 days to complete 'too hot' (day 17)

if you start with 'Too Hot', you need about 13 days (completed 13 ovens)!! further 3 days to complete 'just right' (day 16), and a day and bit to complete 'too cold'.

Need 17 days to complete all recipe... by building 17 ovens. I would not be building that many!! MAX three bears oven i would build is 9!! So, for me, 9 days to complete 'just right', another 9 days to complete 'too hot' and 2.5 days to complete 'too cold'!! a total 20.5 days!! but it will take a bit longer for me because i do not play the game 24 hours a day!!

Hope it helps!! Enjoy cooking!!

DAmanding
03-29-12, 10:44 PM
*blinks* Ow now my head hurts. This is going to take awhile!

ariesblu
03-29-12, 10:48 PM
*blinks* Ow now my head hurts. This is going to take awhile!
You read my mind, lol.

aiyayu
03-29-12, 10:56 PM
I'm gonna build a bunch of these new ovens because I got really tired of appliance swapping. Also got nothing else to build until the easy drink mixer comes out.

mingboo
03-29-12, 10:59 PM
i reckon this is one of the ways TL keep us in the game... players will try to complete the recipe because there is gems reward at the end of it!! There are 6 here for the picking!! And for players who is demanding for goals, take this as a goal as TL placed 6 gems in the oven for you!!

sparks229
03-29-12, 11:07 PM
Wait what there's gems?! *suddenly interested* :p
I haven't even gotten one oven built yet :(

mingboo
03-29-12, 11:25 PM
Wait what there's gems?! *suddenly interested* :p
I haven't even gotten one oven built yet :(

don't get too excited yet. TL never say they will make it easy for us!! Assuming that we can only accept 20 parts/ gifts a day, we can only build one a day!!

sparks229
03-29-12, 11:26 PM
Unless all neighbors gift blue/pink motor/fuse then we can make 2 a day if I got thar right

kancilkiller
03-30-12, 01:11 AM
Wrong! Use the Gift request to get total of 40 Parts a day!

Ask your nbrs to send you only Blue Motor (Total of 20 Gifts a day)
Build one Three Bear Stove and use the ASK function to get another 20 parts.

So total you can get 40 parts a day for new items! and you can build FOUR 3 Bears Stove per day!

kancilkiller
03-30-12, 01:11 AM
Correction: TWO 3 Bears Stove per day!

mingboo
03-30-12, 07:19 AM
Correction: TWO 3 Bears Stove per day!

Thanks! I realized that just! The funny thing is I managed to build 3 today and the fourth is missing 6 parts!

pastrychef17
03-30-12, 10:22 AM
I think everyone will want blue motors and pink fuses for awhile since that's all the oven uses. But here's what I don't get on how some people gift: they know they need those particular parts, they send out requests for those parts, they ask for those parts as gifts, you also ask for those particular parts, you also send them requests for those parts, yet they send you a PART YOU DON'T NEED. I just don't get the thought process behind that. Clearly, they have the update and are building those new ovens. Clearly, they accept your request so they know what you need. Yeah, I declined it but where's the common sense? Although this is probably more of a problem in RS than Bakery with the steampunk oven since that does require regular parts as well. Yet I have neighbors there gifting parts that aren't used for the steampunk oven either. At the same time they sent me a request for what IS used for the steampunk oven. Baffling. Good thing I have more than 20 parts-gifting neighbors and the others can fill in the gaps, lol.

flytothestars
03-30-12, 01:07 PM
I think everyone will want blue motors and pink fuses for awhile since that's all the oven uses. But here's what I don't get on how some people gift: they know they need those particular parts, they send out requests for those parts, they ask for those parts as gifts, you also ask for those particular parts, you also send them requests for those parts, yet they send you a PART YOU DON'T NEED. I just don't get the thought process behind that. Clearly, they have the update and are building those new ovens. Clearly, they accept your request so they know what you need. Yeah, I declined it but where's the common sense? Although this is probably more of a problem in RS than Bakery with the steampunk oven since that does require regular parts as well. Yet I have neighbors there gifting parts that aren't used for the steampunk oven either. At the same time they sent me a request for what IS used for the steampunk oven. Baffling. Good thing I have more than 20 parts-gifting neighbors and the others can fill in the gaps, lol.

Yeah feel lucky u even got parts.... Amidst the new gifts madness, there was one brownie gift awaiting my acceptance from a lvl 80 4 star tipper!! And this right after I gift them a new part as well.... Smh well it makes me grateful of my other nbers lol

piggiful
03-30-12, 01:38 PM
I'm gonna build a bunch of these new ovens because I got really tired of appliance swapping. Also got nothing else to build until the easy drink mixer comes out.

That would be so nice....but who said easy drink mixers are coming out?

mingboo
03-30-12, 11:34 PM
Yeah feel lucky u even got parts.... Amidst the new gifts madness, there was one brownie gift awaiting my acceptance from a lvl 80 4 star tipper!! And this right after I gift them a new part as well.... Smh well it makes me grateful of my other nbers lol

so no one gift you french toast?? i have a nbr who consistently gift french toast!!! ooops, this is BS discussion.... sorry...therefore i can understand your furstration!!

danie0728
03-31-12, 01:14 AM
I'm getting tons of regular part gifts too. Normally yes I want those, but not now. I need tons of pink and blue to make around 8 ovens. I'm at 4 now... But I think I'll be gifting these parts for a while

8summer8
03-31-12, 05:35 PM
I dont like three bears oven because it doesn't team with my theme (elegant pastel chic ;) so I'm only building one.
Using Ming's assumptions but assuming I could cook 24 hours a day, how long to get all 6 gems off 1 three bears oven?

Too cold 6 hours x 83 = 498 hours
+ Just right 12 hours x 83 = 996 hours
+ Too hot 24 hours x 83 = 1992 hours

= 3486 hours = 145.25 days
+ 1 day originally to wait for parts to build oven
= 146.25 days

So I should be finished sometime in August! x_x

HmongVillager
03-31-12, 05:38 PM
Well if you are an avid gem buyer than this is no problem....

newstarr
04-01-12, 05:05 AM

Most people only build 1 to check it out. So they assume you only need 1 also. Also most people send everyone the same gift all at once and are not looking at what you the individual wants or needs. I found that a lot of people complain on here or on people's walls about gifts, but not a lot of people take the time to let their neighbors know what gifts are good. 1 day I just wrote on walls that I love getting cappuccino that its the best food gift ever! I had so many people who were shocked and some who disagreed with me. One neighbor was cute and found out it was worth $500 and would send it to me as my $500 gift on my wall everyday after that. Take time to teach and your neighbors will be better for it. ��

pastrychef17
04-01-12, 08:44 AM
Most people only build 1 to check it out. So they assume you only need 1 also. Also most people send everyone the same gift all at once and are not looking at what you the individual wants or needs. I found that a lot of people complain on here or on people's walls about gifts, but not a lot of people take the time to let their neighbors know what gifts are good. 1 day I just wrote on walls that I love getting cappuccino that its the best food gift ever! I had so many people who were shocked and some who disagreed with me. One neighbor was cute and found out it was worth $500 and would send it to me as my $500 gift on my wall everyday after that. Take time to teach and your neighbors will be better for it. ��

Um, thanks, but I do know what my neighbors want and that's what my post was based on. All the material requests I'm getting are for blue motors and pink fuses. All the requests being posted on my wall by my neighbors are for blue motors and pink fuses. Many of my neighbors have multiple or at least 1 appliance box for the 3 Bears Oven in their bakeries when I go to tip. I have a note on MY wall saying I'll be gifting blue motors and pink fuses until someone specifically asks for something else. Only 1 person has as of this morning and I gifted her what she asked for. So, yes, I do "teach" and communicate with my neighbors and am very well aware of what they need/want.

pastrychef17
04-01-12, 08:56 AM
I should also add, my neighbors may also be different from your set of neighbors in that they're mostly at the higher levels and have mastered all or almost all of the recipes so they only have the recipes on the new oven left to do. Building only one would take forever to master them all while they may not be cooking anything else and their appliance slots would just go to waste if they didn't build at least several. I myself am building at least 10 just to be able to complete mastery, especially since one of the recipes takes a day. No way am I only going to build 1.

BigFam
04-03-12, 12:18 PM
Knowing when to stop sending pink fuses and blue motors to neighbors is a fairly tricky problem. If you presume that ALL of your neighbors still need these parts, and send them those parts, you very well will get the following reactions from your neighbors:
1) Ughh, I already built 10 of these ovens!!! I don't NEED any more pink fuses or blue motors!!!
2) Yay, now I can build another Bear Oven!
3) I wish they would send me food, I'm level 23 and can't keep food in stock!
4) Eh, it's better than that other neighbor that is still sending me dragon scales

Bottom line is, it's next to impossible to predict what your neighbors want or need. So just send something out (be it a cappucino, regular part or specialty part) to your neighbors. They can always decline it. If they decline your gift, and choose to write you a nastygram on your wall - delete them. Life is too short, and this is just a game. Have fun with it.

kooky panda
04-03-12, 12:24 PM
Also remember that some players will just be getting the new ovens today(due to the updates rolling out) so you may have nbrs sending requests and needed these items so they can complete their ovens too.

Annasfarmville
04-03-12, 12:35 PM
Knowing when to stop sending pink fuses and blue motors to neighbors is a fairly tricky problem. If you presume that ALL of your neighbors still need these parts, and send them those parts, you very well will get the following reactions from your neighbors:
1) Ughh, I already built 10 of these ovens!!! I don't NEED any more pink fuses or blue motors!!!
2) Yay, now I can build another Bear Oven!
3) I wish they would send me food, I'm level 23 and can't keep food in stock!
4) Eh, it's better than that other neighbor that is still sending me dragon scales

Bottom line is, it's next to impossible to predict what your neighbors want or need. So just send something out (be it a cappucino, regular part or specialty part) to your neighbors. They can always decline it. If they decline your gift, and choose to write you a nastygram on your wall - delete them. Life is too short, and this is just a game. Have fun with it.

I totally agree with you.
If you don't want something just decline it.
I would add another option to the list, gift what they gift you, if they complain, that's what they send to you, so...