PDA

View Full Version : Trim the Restaurant Name please!

kancilkiller
03-29-12, 10:29 PM
I really hate neighbours who put blank spaces in front of their Restaurant name, resulting the sorting always sort put those jokers on top of the list.

I never accept those players with blank spaces in front of their Restaurant name. This is *****ing in my opinion.

I would like to urge TL to trim all the Restaurant names or comments before entering it into your system database. It is really annoying to see those jokers, some went to the extend to more than twenty blank spaces in front of the names, and pushed their name all the back and even longer than what the screen can support it.

TL, you really need to do something about this. You have a system to filter non-sense words, but you don't trim the names and Comments! Please trim it, No blank spaces are allowed in front or at the back!

redbites
03-29-12, 10:43 PM
The players only do that so they'll be tipped first. Personally I see no problem with it and Teamlava, I'm sure has other priorities.

kancilkiller
03-29-12, 11:23 PM
That's why I hate. Jump Queue. Imagine if everyone does that. The name listing is chaotic.

kancilkiller
03-29-12, 11:25 PM
Imagine if all your 60 neighbours are doing that, some with one blank space, some with two ore more blank space.

Can you imagine how difficult and the problem it is creating?

redbites
03-30-12, 01:22 AM
Imagine if all your 60 neighbours are doing that, some with one blank space, some with two ore more blank space.

then don't tip your neighbours then. Just gift them

trace35
03-30-12, 01:12 PM
I thought u didn't accept Nbr's with a space? Simple. Not one of my Nbr's has a space first. I can't understand your issue?

mingboo
03-31-12, 05:27 AM

if that is creating such a painful experience for you, i think you should delete those nbrs with space at the front. playing these games should be fun not stressful.

kancilkiller
04-02-12, 05:41 PM
You can put a bet on it. I delete all neighbours who put stupid spaces in front. I hate them all. I hope they don't get a single tip and quit RS for good.

On Database design point of view, all data entered should be trimmed, not leaving with leading empty spaces.

kancilkiller
04-02-12, 10:04 PM
then don't tip your neighbours then. Just gift them

No I can't gift them. I don't even accept them in the first place. I hope their iPhone dropped into toilet bowl and crashed their RS beyond recoverable. :P

pinkster73
04-02-12, 10:06 PM
Namaste.

mingboo
04-02-12, 11:31 PM
No I can't gift them. I don't even accept them in the first place. I hope their iPhone dropped into toilet bowl and crashed their RS beyond recoverable. :P

they could be on droid...LOL

kancilkiller
04-03-12, 12:52 AM
they could be on droid...LOL

Oh yeah, that's including their Androids too. LOL

what else? iPads or Tabs... those are too big to fit into toilet bowl... then I hope their gradmothers think the iPads is a chopperboard, a food tray and microwave toaster friendly.

redbites
04-03-12, 03:07 AM
Oh yeah, that's including their Androids too. LOL

what else? iPads or Tabs... those are too big to fit into toilet bowl... then I hope their gradmothers think the iPads is a chopperboard, a food tray and microwave toaster friendly.
lol that's hilarious

pretty747
04-03-12, 08:55 AM
You might want to consider for a moment that this happened to them accidentally. I play fashion story and to name your boutique costs 10 gems. I saved up gems from mastering items because I wanted to put some of the emoji in my boutique name like I saw others had done. I also wanted to use capital letters because when I first played the game I did not know it would cost gems to change the name later.

Anyway I went in there and put in the capital letters and the emoji I wanted and it refused to accept the name. I tried different emoji - still no go. I kept trying and after considerable time decided to give up on the emoji and just delete them. I'd tried to put 3 hibiscus in front of my name and 3 at the end, and when I removed them I must somehow have left empty spaces in front without realizing it.

I only found out when I was commenting on a wall and noticed my name didn't line up with everyone else's. So now I am saving up the gems again to fix it. :(

kancilkiller
04-03-12, 05:15 PM
You might want to consider for a moment that this happened to them accidentally. I play fashion story and to name your boutique costs 10 gems. I saved up gems from mastering items because I wanted to put some of the emoji in my boutique name like I saw others had done. I also wanted to use capital letters because when I first played the game I did not know it would cost gems to change the name later.

Anyway I went in there and put in the capital letters and the emoji I wanted and it refused to accept the name. I tried different emoji - still no go. I kept trying and after considerable time decided to give up on the emoji and just delete them. I'd tried to put 3 hibiscus in front of my name and 3 at the end, and when I removed them I must somehow have left empty spaces in front without realizing it.

I only found out when I was commenting on a wall and noticed my name didn't line up with everyone else's. So now I am saving up the gems again to fix it. :(

This is another problem, some players put some Emoji in front of their name, which the players for some reason think it is cool to do that.

It also screw up the sorting, no different from putting an empty space in front. :P

Imagine your Driving License (or Identity Card in my country) allows Emoji as prefix...

Officer: Can I have your driving license please. Hmm... Mr. Smiley Face John Smith Smiley Face?

John Smith: No, you missed the empty space prefix, and my name is Empty Space Laughing Out Loud Face John Smith Laughing Out Loud.

pinkster73
04-03-12, 06:23 PM
Now that's funny ^^^^

trace35
04-04-12, 02:33 AM
Wow..... U guys really hate these people don't you? What a waste of energy!