PDA

View Full Version : What is the purpose of reaching and maintaining a 4-star rating?

lehcar1
03-29-12, 01:42 PM
Do I get gems or something?

pastrychef17
03-29-12, 02:58 PM
No, it's a signal you're an active player who tips and I believe your restaurant tends to come up more on the community tab than lower star players (although I could be wrong on that) so people have an opportunity to find your restaurant and leave tips. Since I rarely add neighbors anymore, I also use it as a gauge of who I MIGHT add. 0 star players send me invites, don't tip, and don't even post on my wall to introduce themselves - I automatically decline. A 4-star player? I'd think more seriously about it.

ultrafrog
03-29-12, 04:28 PM
It's a lot of work without that much benefit. Much easier for me to teeter between 2 and 3 star. I can maintain 3 star easily just by tipping people from my news feed. Before when I kept up 4 star rating it took a while visiting restaurants to leave tips every day.

RoseMeyer
03-29-12, 05:53 PM
I made myself a 4star before Ieven ASKED for a neighbor. Now Im burnt out on tipping every single person on my list and am going to give it up. Ill shall tip-back whomever tips me and whomever I feel has paid attention to me during the week. Send me stew, Ill tip you. Tip me, Ill tip you. Its so much EASIER that way and I don't start to get mad about WASTING time tipping peeps.

I actually will go on granting the parts requests tho, because when Ive wanted to build somethimg, they come in no time. I think the peeps asking for parts are the one SENDINGthe parts!! If Istart not GETTINGparts, then Ill stop SENDING parts! :)

Think Ill make an ice cream maker and make me some black cherry choc chip...

Im really surprised they don't offer a way to pay them money to keep a 4-star rating.

jellybelly2001
03-29-12, 07:33 PM
It's a lot of work without that much benefit. Much easier for me to teeter between 2 and 3 star. I can maintain 3 star easily just by tipping people from my news feed. Before when I kept up 4 star rating it took a while visiting restaurants to leave tips every day.
That is what I do

DAmanding
03-29-12, 08:21 PM
You do get experience points and coins from return tips and if you keep your neighbor list fairly small and spread tipping out during the day its really not bad. I only have 22 neighbors or so. Having hundreds of neighbors just seems pointless.

candyglam
03-29-12, 08:41 PM
I actually enjoy tipping my neighbors (on most days). I find it relaxing while I'm watching TV or something, so I maintain a 4 star most of the time. However, I don't like it when people get upset when I drop below a 4 star and threaten to delete me from their neighbor list. Sometimes I just go through days without much downtime and can't tip.

I also agree with what pastrychef said. I consider adding higher star rated players more (though I don't delete them if they drop after we're neighbors and I see they're active). To me, it's just a sign of how much effort you put into the game.

mingboo
03-30-12, 12:59 AM
You do get experience points and coins from return tips and if you keep your neighbor list fairly small and spread tipping out during the day its really not bad. I only have 22 neighbors or so. Having hundreds of neighbors just seems pointless.

use fecs chain tipping, you will have 4 stars with 22 nbrs!! LOL

mingboo
03-30-12, 01:04 AM
I actually enjoy tipping my neighbors (on most days). I find it relaxing while I'm watching TV or something, so I maintain a 4 star most of the time. However, I don't like it when people get upset when I drop below a 4 star and threaten to delete me from their neighbor list. Sometimes I just go through days without much downtime and can't tip.

I also agree with what pastrychef said. I consider adding higher star rated players more (though I don't delete them if they drop after we're neighbors and I see they're active). To me, it's just a sign of how much effort you put into the game.

i agree that 4 stars players have a better chance of getting a nbrs. I am usually on three stars but sometimes it might drop to 2 stars (if i have a busy week--- in real life) or up to 4 stars (if i have a slow week). I am still getting nbr requests on 2, 3 or 4 stars!!

mingboo
03-30-12, 01:07 AM
BTW, i only visit city story once a week and sometimes my star rating drop to 1 or zero and still get requests!! I seldom accept requests in city due to the fact that I am seldom there and do not want to take up an extra space on their nbr list. And also i have more than 500 nbrs on my list....

lehcar1
03-30-12, 07:29 AM
Seems like a lot of work with no rewards. Tipping is not much of a priority to me at all. I just don't want my neighbors constantly tipping my restaurant because they feel they're obligated to. I get some requests at zero stars too (I'm almost always at zero stars).

ultrafrog
03-30-12, 08:29 AM
There are pros and cons as well to having a lot of neighbors. Any time you check the game you're going to want to clear your tables of tips, it's just a natural thing to do. The more active neighbors you have, the more quickly your tables are going to get filled. Then people are disappointed when there aren't any more spots to tip.

I don't think filling your restaurant with tipping tables is the answer either. It's not pretty and you still have to clear them of tips.