PDA

View Full Version : a bit dissapointed

savage_mel
03-29-12, 01:06 PM
Since Easter is only just over a week away, I was really hoping this week's update would have some Easter content. Can anyone tell me if TL is planning on releasing Easter content at all?? Even if they do it for the next update, that will be the day before Good Friday. I was really hoping to decorate my farm for Easter. I think TL has kind of been dropping the ball lately. Most of the St. Patrick's day stuff came out two days before St. Patrick's day. I like to decorate before the holiday happens, not after. And I'm still kind of bummed about all the Valentine content being pulled when it was. With so many long term crops, I never even came close to mastering them, and was so busy trying to that I never planted rhubarb at all, thinking that I would have time later. It never even occured to me that rhubarb was seasonal!!

pinkster73
03-29-12, 01:26 PM
Agreed, agreed, and agreed.

MiniLaura
03-29-12, 01:29 PM
I'm happy there isn't Easter stuff. Too many holidays too close together! It caused me too much stress trying to master everything before they were pulled.

bobbyrae
03-29-12, 01:30 PM
I'm happy there isn't Easter stuff. Too many holidays too close together! It caused me too much stress trying to master everything before they were pulled.

Me too! I'm still working on lucky rose and shamrock. I am just about to give up on ever getting those two gnomes!!!

Rachael98
03-29-12, 01:33 PM

I think that they should have Seasonal only for:
-Christmas & New Year
-Easter
-Hallowe'en

This is possibly, though, because in the UK VDay is a cute thing where everyone goes on a date, and what the US call "Mardi Gras" is a day where we'll eat a pancake, not a 5-day festival.
Saints days are not celebrated anywhere near as extravagantly either.

sissy8
03-29-12, 01:37 PM
coulored eggs is enough magma:rolleyes::rolleyes:

savage_mel
03-29-12, 01:46 PM

I agree about the stress! Im still working on my shamrocks and lucky roses and living in fear everyday that they'll be pulled before I have a chance to master them! lol. There is a solution though....they could just let us keep the crops for awhile longer. I would understand pulling decorations, but they could give us more time to master crops. They dont have to pull certain crops to make room for new ones, so they could add Easter crops and keep the St. Patricks day stuff for awhile yet. And the holidays slow down after Easter, so if they gave us til the end of April or mid-may that should be plenty of time to allow us to master all the holiday stuff.

pastrychef17
03-29-12, 02:55 PM
Count me in on the camp still trying to master shamrocks and lucky roses. The 24-hour shamrocks are ****ing me. I look forward to being done with them so I can go back to decorating my farm with all the buildings I built that are still sitting in storage, lol.

I don't expect anything for Easter at this point, given that it's next Sunday.

artlomin
03-29-12, 03:24 PM
Umm ....some of us don't have a connection to Christian holidays like Easter and Christmas. I'm delighted if Team Lava emphasizes the secular celebrations that we can all identify with. Like Halloween. But I can live with colored eggs and bunnies. Especially chocolate ones.

pinkster73
03-29-12, 03:29 PM
Umm ....some of us don't have a connection to Christian holidays like Easter and Christmas. I'm delighted if Team Lava emphasizes the secular celebrations that we can all identify with. Like Halloween. But I can live with colored eggs and bunnies. Especially chocolate ones.

I don't believe in god but I still do all the holidays. They just mean something else to me. :)

KingKG
03-29-12, 03:38 PM
Don't need easter stuff!!!!!!!! too many gimmicks as it is imo

savage_mel
03-29-12, 03:39 PM

I get that. I wasn't asking for crucifix's or anything, I just thought that some colorful eggs or chocolate bunnies, or easter baskets would be cute. And it can be said for all the other holidays too...people from all over the world play these games and not everyone celebrates Christmas, Valentines Day, Halloween or St Patricks Day but content was released for all these holidays, so why not Easter?

WendingWanderer
03-29-12, 07:23 PM

If they give more than one crop (like lucky roses and shamrocks) at the same time, I plant the best one (in this case, lucky roses) to level 2 (1 gem), then plant the other one to level 2, then go back and master each if there's time.

MiniLaura
03-30-12, 05:24 AM
If they give more than one crop (like lucky roses and shamrocks) at the same time, I plant the best one (in this case, lucky roses) to level 2 (1 gem), then plant the other one to level 2, then go back and master each if there's time.

I have had no problems actually mastering the crops in time, but I have had to plow up most of my farm, which I hate doing. But as long as the whatever holiday season is around, I'm fearful that another limited-time crop will be introduced and that it may be something ridiculous like a 36-hour crop or a 2-day crop. So I'm in a rush to master everything.

Also, when they start giving us limited-time crops, we have to guess which ones will stick around. Rhubarb and dicentra, anyone? Who would have guessed that rhubarb was a valentine crop and bleeding hearts were not? (Personally, I assumed that both were and pushed hard to master both ASAP.)

WendingWanderer
03-30-12, 07:11 PM
Also, when they start giving us limited-time crops, we have to guess which ones will stick around. Rhubarb and dicentra, anyone? Who would have guessed that rhubarb was a valentine crop and bleeding hearts were not? (Personally, I assumed that both were and pushed hard to master both ASAP.)

So do I.

SIT1234
03-30-12, 10:59 PM
I'm not sure but Easter is next week, isn't it?! Maybe there will come out some stuff or maybe a new goal?!

SweetSensation23
04-01-12, 10:44 AM
I'd love seeing some easter stuff and I really hope that TL will release some deco and easter crops/trees...I haven't mastered the St. Patrick's Day stuff either but I don't care that much...life is already enough stress, so I will certainly not be stressing about not getting a gnome or two, lol. I'm Christian and it would mean a bit more to me than just decorating..oh well if you can't relate you can as well just ignore it...I can't relate to that Helloween stuff neither (I'm not from the US) but I don't mind having it.

AnnasCoffee
04-01-12, 12:16 PM

Yes, we do all have DIFFERENT things we identify with... I declined the hallowen gifts from my neighbors, I didnt cook the foods (so I lost out on earning the gems for the hallowen recipes) because I DON'T celebrate that "holiday".

AnnasCoffee
04-01-12, 12:35 PM
Yes, we do all have DIFFERENT things we identify with... I declined the hallowen gifts from my neighbors, I didnt cook the foods (so I lost out on earning the gems for the hallowen recipes) because I DON'T celebrate that "holiday".

How did I get in a farm thread? I don't even play this game! Sorry for any confusion about bakery stuff. I'll try to be more careful in the future. I just really HATE hallowen.

savage_mel
04-01-12, 03:43 PM
I'd love seeing some easter stuff and I really hope that TL will release some deco and easter crops/trees...I haven't mastered the St. Patrick's Day stuff either but I don't care that much...life is already enough stress, so I will certainly not be stressing about not getting a gnome or two, lol. I'm Christian and it would mean a bit more to me than just decorating..oh well if you can't relate you can as well just ignore it...I can't relate to that Helloween stuff neither (I'm not from the US) but I don't mind having it.

I agree with you! I am a Christian as well as was really hoping for some Easter stuff. I think, to be fair, if TL is going to release content for the holidays then they should do ALL the holidays, and if ppl are not interested or they dont relate, they dont have to participate.

HmongVillager
04-01-12, 03:45 PM
Im a muslim but i still like Easter for the eggs and bunnies :)

SweetSensation23
04-02-12, 05:17 AM
I agree with you! I am a Christian as well as was really hoping for some Easter stuff. I think, to be fair, if TL is going to release content for the holidays then they should do ALL the holidays, and if ppl are not interested or they dont relate, they dont have to participate.

Fully agree :)!

sourlicorice2
04-02-12, 10:24 AM
I don't believe in god but I still do all the holidays. They just mean something else to me. :)

Same here :)