PDA

View Full Version : Regular Version

bawpotter
03-28-12, 05:13 PM
Is anybody using the regular version of RS? I am still using the Valentine's version, but I am getting a bit sick of it. Are the bug fixes from a few months ago in the regular version, or should I continue to use the old version?

DAmanding
03-28-12, 05:30 PM
I'm sure Kooky Panda will confirm, but all of her posts that I've read answering this same question in the past several weeks say that the Valentines version is the most current one and should be the one used.

kooky panda
03-28-12, 05:38 PM
Valentine version is the one to be playing right now.

bawpotter
03-28-12, 05:45 PM
K, thanks Kooky.

caljean
03-28-12, 05:50 PM
I'm playing the regular. It's ok so far. Should I use the Valentine version

bobbyrae
03-28-12, 05:53 PM
I was playing the regular for a while without any hiccups. When i saw the level upgrades last night i switched back to valentines day. Lol...just in case my xp gets lost in the regular version. :D

patriziaf
03-28-12, 06:51 PM
The Regular version can't read the new emojis/unicode symbols. You need Valentine edition.

kooky panda
03-28-12, 07:22 PM
If you are not having any issues, you are okay. If you find you have issues , then switch back .
I am sure an update to the regular games will be out soon. Usually it is a manual update, but if not GG and I will try and let everyone know when to switch back as soon as we hear anything.

patriziaf
03-28-12, 07:38 PM
If you are not having any issues, you are okay. If you find you have issues , then switch back
Issues?
Most people don't notice that they don't see the new emojis, because they see strange japanese signs instead of color emojis or emoticons (not always white squares). You notice that you had issues with the Regular version only when you switch to the Valentine edition, because all of a sudden you can understand some "japanese" messages, and see emojis never seen before.
Some people have the new symbols in their restaurant names... But people with Regular edition just see spaces, one or two letters of the name, squares,..

dria_91
03-28-12, 11:10 PM
Issues?
Most people don't notice that they don't see the new emojis, because they see strange japanese signs instead of color emojis or emoticons (not always white squares). You notice that you had issues with the Regular version only when you switch to the Valentine edition, because all of a sudden you can understand some "japanese" messages, and see emojis never seen before.
Some people have the new symbols in their restaurant names... But people with Regular edition just see spaces, one or two letters of the name, squares,..

I'm playing regular version and i see emojis just fine. I switched back after i was done with my v-day goals. Haven't had a problem yet with mine

patriziaf
03-29-12, 03:44 PM
You should explain this wonder to my nbrs, who had to update to Valentine edition to finally see the NEW EMOJIS that the others were posting on their walls: two cherries, mushroom, banana, lemon, poultry leg, meat on bone, lollipop, custard, bee, the 8 crescent moons, the 3 worlds, maize, melon, pineapple, grape, green apple, shrimp, peach, donut, honey, snowboarder, cookie, wine, dragon, credit card, notebooks, banknotes, thought and speech ballons, tongue, pig nose, chestnut, seedling, evergreen tree, deciduous tree, daisy, candy, pear, fish cake, honey, chocolate bar, cat smileys, circus tent, video game controller, lady bertle, turtle, snail, crocodile, tiger, poodle,...

alli1616
03-29-12, 05:51 PM
I'm having trouble in bakery, should I be on valentines in bakery too?

Joey1963
03-30-12, 05:50 AM
I never downloaded the Valentine version and I've never had any trouble with the regular version.
As my dear dad used to say... "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Limaxa
03-30-12, 05:52 AM
I don't want to play on the old Version where i lose my coins!! :'(

jakinyc
04-27-12, 02:07 PM
I am having a problem with emoticons on ALL the story games. (restaurant/bakery/nightclub) Sometimes I can only see the first one... Other times if I use any it cuts half of my sentence off. I have reinstalled several times and it didn't help. I am using the iPad 3. Any suggestions? or is this an issue that is being worked on already? I've seen ppl complain of this problem, but the threads were from last year so I assumed it wasn't relevant anymore. Most of the fun is being able to decorate your message with something new everyday.. Now its not so much fun �� Please help!!

greygull
04-27-12, 02:51 PM
I am having a problem with emoticons on ALL the story games. (restaurant/bakery/nightclub) Sometimes I can only see the first one... Other times if I use any it cuts half of my sentence off. I have reinstalled several times and it didn't help. I am using the iPad 3. Any suggestions? or is this an issue that is being worked on already? I've seen ppl complain of this problem, but the threads were from last year so I assumed it wasn't relevant anymore. Most of the fun is being able to decorate your message with something new everyday.. Now its not so much fun �� Please help!!

Which versions of the games do you have? Under Help/FAQ, bottom right side.