PDA

View Full Version : Frozen menu screen

trace35
03-28-12, 02:57 PM
Sometimes when I tap on an appliance to cook an item the menu screen appears but won't respond. I can't scroll through recipes or select any. Is this a bug?

lehcar1
03-28-12, 03:03 PM
I have been noticing this a lot too. Sometimes I leave it until it resumes or I exit and open it.

kooky panda
03-28-12, 03:54 PM
If you leave your games running in the background instead of force closing or exiting out of them, when you come back in you may have some glitches until your game catches up with the Servers. Restarting the game usually clears these out.

dalula
03-28-12, 04:00 PM
That has happened to me on fashion. What works for me is (if you have an iDevice only) click on the home button to exit, and click on it twice. you will see the RS app. Hold it and click the delete button. Then re enter the app and it should work fine.

trace35
03-28-12, 05:00 PM
Thanx for the advice, I'm a bit confused though about the force closing and delete button etc. I have iPad 2.

DAmanding
03-28-12, 05:18 PM
It looks like a delete button (red circle with white dash in it) but it doesn't actually delete the game. When you double click the Home button a row of icons will appear at the bottom of the screen and the upper part greys out a bit. Hold your finger on one of the icons at the bottom until the red circle with dash appears and the icon wiggles. Then click on the red circle button to close the application. I recommend closing all applications this way once every 24 hours, more if you are an extremely heavy user of your device. This helps resolve a lot of bugs in many different apps, not just the Story games.

trace35
03-28-12, 05:24 PM
So basically uninstall and then reinstall ?

trace35
03-28-12, 05:30 PM
I reinstalled before posting this thread but it kept happening. I think DAmandings advice refers to an iPhone? Sorry I'm being so dumb! Lol!

kooky panda
03-28-12, 05:44 PM
To force close you games, means you are closing out the game from running in the background.
On iphone, ipad, etc. ( you are not deleting the game and redownloading it)

Click you home button twice, your icons will show up at the bottom

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQx33DWgZVWPenwP1h0tp***PKRBxsz yWFKkDmOxwXrqLhb7dADwnKnLPxThen you hit the red minus sign for the apps you want to close out. you can scroll to find more.
You are not deleting the apps just closing them out. When you have app run in the background, it takes memory and slows up the games.

trace35
03-28-12, 05:52 PM
Wow! Thanx kooky and everyone, I didn't even know my device did this, and that I was leaving all my apps running in the background! Lol! Have closed everything so will see how the game goes now, cheers!