PDA

View Full Version : Making/mastering food and drinks

caramel54
03-28-12, 02:18 PM
I was wondering how everyone's making/mastering food and drinks. I see a lot of neighbors making multiples of one thing. Do you master a recipe all the way up to 4 and then do the same for the next until you've mastered all of them? Or do you master all the recipes to 1 and then start mastering them up to 2 and so on? I guess it doesn't really matter but I just wanted to know what the best way to master them is. Most of the time I can only keep food on my counters when I'm doing a goal and have to make 30 of 1 recipe.

MAPPIE22
03-28-12, 02:36 PM
I always start by mastering the shorter timed food and drinks first all the way to four, then work up to the higher timed food, eg 2 hr before 1 day. I also look at xp and level up the highest xp for whatever time I'm cooking. This means you could move up levels quicker and get to oven slots quicker. It also gives you a stock pile for when you are leveling up day food.I'm levelling up my third bakery now and have stuck to this pattern, it works well for me but others do different things and that works well for them.
Also I block my door if I'm short of things not that this has happens in BS but it does in FS you take a chance on selling out in one but I open my door just before tipping and the game has been good to me so far and not taken everything.

pastrychef17
03-28-12, 02:39 PM
I've already mastered everything but earlier in the game, at first I made stuff based on their cooking time and how it fit into my schedule. Once I mastered something, I didn't make it again (except for the goals) but chose something else with the cooking time I needed. I waited to make the longer recipes when I had more appliances so I had more food on the counter. Now my appliances sit unused because I've mastered everything and I have a ton of servings to sell off.

You also have to take seasonality of something into account and focus on mastering those first before they disappear. If you're really pressed for time, at a minimum get to level 2 mastery for the gem since it's faster to achieve than Level 3 or 4. If you wanted to really play it safe, get to level 2 mastery on all the recipes first so if any of them go away, at least you got 1 gem out of them.

bobbyrae
03-28-12, 04:05 PM
I work on new recipes for the regular machines first. Just in case they get removed. Then i master whatever fits into my schedule. I do try to master the specialty appliance recipes before going to the regular older recipes on the regular appliances.
But these days i'm just mastering everything on the oven and then when i'm done i'll do the fruit chocolate dip and finish up the truffles and hot cocoa.I have finished everything else. Not sure if i've mastered the almond cookies on the sugar coater as yet or if i ever will. I don't know why, but I hate that machine. Lol.

I do tend to keep cooking until I finish all 80 and finish level 4 though. But sometimes I will break from the recipe if it doesn't fit my schedule and work on a shorter or longer recipe.

To complete Level 1 = cook 8 recipes
To complete Level 2 = cook 15 more
To complete Level 3 = cook 20 more*
To complete Level 4 = cook 40 more
Level 1 : Total completed : 8*
Level 2 : Total completed : 23
Level 3 : Total completed : 43
Level 4 : Total completed : 83

sparks229
03-28-12, 05:19 PM
I master whatever fits into my schedule. Then I do all the holiday recipes just in case they get removed. Then I usually do food I like:)