PDA

View Full Version : Unable to send permit requests

susiesmith
03-24-12, 03:38 PM
I sent out permit requests yesterday afternoon to all my neighbors, and today when I tried to send out permit requests again, I get the message that states I have already sent requests for the day...what gives??

Rachael98
03-24-12, 03:41 PM
Are you in the DST Timezone? It might not have reset yet for you!

susiesmith
03-24-12, 03:53 PM
I'm in EST zone. I thought that materials requests reset themselves 24 hours from the time the first request that was made...is this not correct?

bss18974
03-24-12, 05:23 PM
I'm in EST zone. I thought that materials requests reset themselves 24 hours from the time the first request that was made...is this not correct?

You can send out one request per neighbor per day.

New days start at 3 am Eastern time.. Doesnt matter when you sent, next time is after 3 am

sweetsucess
03-24-12, 05:54 PM
I have had an issue with sending requests in Pet Shop. I frequently get the you have already sent a request when I know that it has been OVER 24 hours. There is a bug in the system.

susiesmith
03-24-12, 06:12 PM
New days start at 3 am Eastern time.. Doesnt matter when you sent, next time is after 3 am

There is definitely something wrong if the new cycle starts at 3 am....I have not been able to send requests all day. I thought that the 3 am cycle only applied to the function of playing with pets, and that for material requests the cycle was 24 hours from the time of your last request. There seems to be some differing of opinion on this....can anyone clarify?

bss18974
03-25-12, 10:36 AM
There is definitely something wrong if the new cycle starts at 3 am....I have not been able to send requests all day. I thought that the 3 am cycle only applied to the function of playing with pets, and that for material requests the cycle was 24 hours from the time of your last request. There seems to be some differing of opinion on this....can anyone clarify?
All restart at 3am (midnight pacific). If you cannot send, close out the game and restart it. It should then work. This also works for getting the daily playing bonus.

susiesmith
03-27-12, 03:38 PM
Well it's definitely not working properly, because I was not able to send permit requests for 48 hours. Also, I did a test to see if neighbors are actually receiving requests when they do go out, and that does not work correctly either. I set up a "test" shop on another device, and sent a request to that shop ....the request was sent out, but I haven't received the request on the other device yet and it's been a couple of hours.

kooky panda
03-27-12, 04:01 PM
what devices are you playing on?

What is the version the the Pet Shop game you are on? (under menu-help-little number at the bottom of the screen)

bobbyrae
03-27-12, 04:07 PM
Well it's definitely not working properly, because I was not able to send permit requests for 48 hours. Also, I did a test to see if neighbors are actually receiving requests when they do go out, and that does not work correctly either. I set up a "test" shop on another device, and sent a request to that shop ....the request was sent out, but I haven't received the request on the other device yet and it's been a couple of hours.

If you are playing on the valentine version of the game and this is happening, you may need to take a break for about a day or so from sending out requests to reset the system. It gets clogged sometimes when you send out too many requests in one day. Also, if you send out requests after you have received your maximum of 20 regular gifts, the requests won't go out until the next day.

susiesmith
03-27-12, 04:16 PM
iPad2 and an iPhone 3G. Both have version 1.0.2 installed. I sent the request for a permit from the iPad to the iPhone....request went out, but not received by the iPhone. I relaunched the app and shut off the devices and still no luck.

kooky panda
03-27-12, 04:43 PM
iPad2 and an iPhone 3G. Both have version 1.0.2 installed. I sent the request for a permit from the iPad to the iPhone....request went out, but not received by the iPhone. I relaunched the app and shut off the devices and still no luck.

The most current version of the game is version 1.0.3. This is the valentine Pet Shop game that you can download from the app store.
Download this current version and see if your requests will go.

susiesmith
03-27-12, 05:21 PM
Downloaded...no difference. Is it accurate what bobbyrae wrote? My understanding is that if I send out a permit request, and i get a message that says the request was sent, even if my received gifts are maxed out for the day, the person will still get the request, only they would then get a message stating that I have received the max amount for the day if they tried to send me the permit...is this correct??

kooky panda
03-27-12, 05:46 PM
No the request system is different. You can receive 20 of them, but if someone hits accept to send it to you they will not receive a message that you are maxed out.

Try also deleting the regular game .
Sometimes if one day you send out say 30 requests for an item. Say only 20 ppl send it back.
Then the next day you send out 30 requests for a different item.... the 10 that did not send the request back the day before may send it the new day,(even though you do not need that item anymore) and take up 10 of your slots. Then you may only be able to get 10 of the new item for the day.

susiesmith
03-27-12, 06:09 PM
No, meaning bobbyrae was incorrect? In any case, if my request went out, then the request should have been received on my other device no matter what....yes?

I'll try deleting the regular game as you suggest.

susiesmith
03-27-12, 06:15 PM
...I understood what you said regarding the lack of the maxed out message to those who respond to a request.

bobbyrae
03-27-12, 06:37 PM
Downloaded...no difference. Is it accurate what bobbyrae wrote? My understanding is that if I send out a permit request, and i get a message that says the request was sent, even if my received gifts are maxed out for the day, the person will still get the request, only they would then get a message stating that I have received the max amount for the day if they tried to send me the permit...is this correct??

kooky panda No the request system is different. You can receive 20 of them, but if someone hits accept to send it to you they will not receive a message that you are maxed out.

My experience in all of the games I play is that if I receive or accept 20 regular gifts for the day then try to send out requests to my neighbours for parts or goals, as the case may be, my requests do not get to my neighbours until the next day. If i have received 20 gifts but have declined one or a few so that I have a couple of gift slots left over out of the quota of 20 then my requests will go out to my neighbours that day and they can accept my requests and I can see my inventory go up.
You should note that if you receive a gift from your neighbour but you have not yet accepted it or delined it, the gift is counted as one of your 20 regular gifts unless you decline it.

The regular gifts and the requested gifts are supposed to work independently of each other. This is what we have been told, but this is not what happens in my games. I have tested this in all games with my secondary device and it is the same for every one of them. And it doesn't matter whether I'm playing on an outdated game or the most recent. I play on an ipad 2 and an ipod touch and on both devices the games and ios are up to date.

That said, you can receive 20 gifts through the request system and can accept 20 regular gifts per day. But I find that for me to do this, I have to send out the requests before I have accepted 20 regular gifts. And as Kooky said,

Sometimes if one day you send out say 30 requests for an item. Say only 20 ppl send it back.
Then the next day you send out 30 requests for a different item.... the 10 that did not send the request back the day before may send it the new day,(even though you do not need that item anymore) and take up 10 of your slots. Then you may only be able to get 10 of the new item for the day.

So that, today you send out a request for green cushions to a neighbour. For whatever reason that neighbour doesn't get the request until tomorrow. Tomorrow you send out another request for yellow cushions to that same neighbour. Your neighbour sees the request for green cushions tomorrow and answers it. You may not need green cushions anymore and the green cushions should have fallen out of his requested items, but it usually doesn't. So he answers your request for green cushions. That answered request then adds to your 20 requested items for the day and you don't even realise it. Your request for yellow cushions doesn't get to him until the following day. (However, if he declines your green cushion request, the yellow cushion request will come up almost immediately, but who ever declines a request?!) So imagine all those requests just out there piling up on top of each other. Each day that you send out another request to your 48 neighbours is just compounding the problem.

So take a break and stop requesting items for about a day. And if you need 5 plastic panels today, then only ask for panels from 5 neighbours. If you also need 10 planks, then request 10 or even 15 planks from as many neighbours. That's 20 requests that you have sent out. So then stop. No more requests for that day.

Sorry this is so long...:-/

kooky panda
03-27-12, 06:58 PM
I do agree with Bobby, I always send out my request first , before accepting or sending out any regular gifts.
Also when I only need a few items, I request from the nbrs that I know are checking their games daily for goal requests, I also will look to see who just visited me or sent a request to me, and send them a request, hoping they will check for requests for leaving the game.
But as Bobby said, sometimes just not requesting for a day will allow the late items to come in and you can start fresh the next day.

susiesmith
03-27-12, 09:04 PM
Here's the deal...I have NOT received the 20 regular gifts allotted to me for the day. I have declined many gifts sent as I have not needed what has come in. I even sent myself a gift from my second device, and received that one, so I know that I have not reached the max allowed. Actually, I sent it after I saw that the permit request didnt really go through. So really, the permit request should have been received by my second device because I did not reach my allotment for the day.

My normal MO for requesting items is to only ask for the exact amount needed or slightly more (even though this is a real pain because I have to uncheck everyone). In any case, I don't think I could ever really track whether or not my requests have gone out the day I sent them or the following day....following up with all my neighbors would be a daunting task. Anyway, it seems that the system is not actually working properly.