PDA

View Full Version : Zoo Story (1) to be removed from App Store

GroupMagma
03-23-12, 05:19 PM
Hey everyone,

We wanted to let you know that, beginning April 5, Zoo Story (original) will no longer be available from the iTunes App Store.

As many of you know, we released a sequel to the original Zoo Story not long ago: Zoo Story 2 (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/zoo-story-2-best-pet-animal/id463950583?mt=8). As much as we enjoyed the original game, and put a lot of effort into making it, we feel we've surpassed the original Zoo Story in every respect with its successor. Zoo Story 2 has more animals, more animations, more features, improved graphics, and more! We strongly believe it's the very best zoo game on iTunes or Android today.

We aren't done with Zoo Story 2, either; we want to keep improving it with new features, new attractions, and of course, new weekly animals!

If you still prefer Zoo Story 1 over 2, you won't have to stop playing; if you have the game installed, you can keep building your zoo to your heart's content. However, after April 5, if you uninstall the game, you won't be able to reinstall. Also, players will no longer be able to purchase more Gems after April 5th.

We hope you've enjoyed watching (and playing) the evolution of our excellent Zoo Story series, and we hope you keep playing! Let us know if you have any questions.

stow4495
03-24-12, 08:27 PM
Does this mean that the animals will all be available for coins since you cannot get gems any longer?

beertjeanita
03-25-12, 01:37 AM
Does this mean that the animals will all be available for coins since you cannot get gems any longer?

I am wondering that too.
It would give ? new dimension of playing it, i Still like zoo story 1

ladyj0y
03-25-12, 02:52 AM
Treasure Story is also Dead. Close it, too XD

cedar2
03-25-12, 10:36 AM
Ya get rid of treasure and empire to

catgirl477
03-26-12, 03:45 PM
dose this mean the zoo atory section of he fourms will be removed too???

DaojinWildfire
03-26-12, 05:23 PM
dose this mean the zoo atory section of he fourms will be removed too???
No. iOS users will still be able to play the game after April 5th if they have not uninstalled the app, but they will not be able to make in-app purchases. Zoo Story will only be removed from the App Store, so it will still be available in Google Play and Amazon Appstore.

copycats
03-26-12, 05:43 PM
That's not fair...

Shamrock1963
03-26-12, 09:35 PM
TeamLava giveth. TeamLava taketh away.

And I don't think they care as much about whether it's fair as they do about whether it's profitable.

cr4zy_eights
03-27-12, 10:43 AM
No big deal. Never really liked it. Thanks for letting us know TL!
However I like my name better in zoo 1 than zoo 2
And you can't earn gems in zoo so :/
Besides I quit zoo after it took 50k from me TWICE.

Rachael98
03-27-12, 03:34 PM
Wait...so if anyone has bought gems previously in ZS (1)?

Lindyloo58
04-02-12, 03:22 AM
I like zoo story 2 a lot but today when I played i don't have the option of expanding my zoo any more. I am only on level 35 so will i be able to go any further if not then I will have to stop playing the game

atlantisonearth
04-03-12, 05:19 AM
Wait...so if anyone has bought gems previously in ZS (1)?

I can see a case brewing...

oxford37
04-04-12, 02:06 AM
Thats so unfair! I really enjoyed playing it when it first came out:(

ma_patticakes
04-04-12, 06:51 AM
Not fair that purchased gems will be lost. I spend a lot of $$$ on gems. I should be given the option to transfer them to ZooStory 2. Not h apply!!

ma_patticakes
04-04-12, 06:55 AM
I can see a case brewing...

Easy fix if gems purchased in ZS1 are transferable to ZS2. I may have to discontinue playing TL Games

kooky panda
04-04-12, 07:27 AM
Easy fix if gems purchased in ZS1 are transferable to ZS2. I may have to discontinue playing TL Games

I did already check on transferring the gems (I have some in Zoo 1). This is currently not going to be an option.:(

oxford37
04-04-12, 08:22 AM
Why does it have to go?

HmongVillager
04-04-12, 07:11 PM
I know this is a little off-topic but treasure story is pretty much dead, not receiving many updates for months.
If treasure does make a big comeback then that would be good but i think it should be removed from the app store.

Rachael98
04-06-12, 06:40 AM
I know this is a little off-topic but treasure story is pretty much dead, not receiving many updates for months.
If treasure does make a big comeback then that would be good but i think it should be removed from the app store.

Treasure doesn't have a sequel.

Although, saying that, I wouldn't mind a TS2:D

shelleykk
04-06-12, 07:47 PM
I bought a lot of gems in zoo story when it came out claiming to have a weekly update, false advertising I think. That never happened but instead they give up on it. Really people should be able to get their money back from that game but they would go to the end of the earth and back rather than give people money back. I can't face asking support for it back as dealing with them drives me insane. You kind of feel that support is so unsupportive so that people don't contact them a lot. Shame though as I did enjoy it.

saintlover
05-01-12, 06:54 PM
I acutally really liked this game and spent a ton of $$ on it. Im really sad my purchases didnt go over to the new zoo story.