PDA

View Full Version : Badges are gone???

queentina3
03-23-12, 12:08 PM
The Badges that were in City Story for iOS users have since disappeared. I'm not sure if this is intentional or not, but figured I should say something. Last time I didn't mention something going missing (work gloves) it turned out to be a bug. :(

Also, I'm able to have a shortcut that I've named "msg" and when I type it on walls in any of the other TL games (RS/BS/Farm/Fashion), it automatically places my message, but in City it doesn't, it just types out "msg". I'm not sure why this is, as it works on the walls of the other TL games. There are emoji's used, but not as the first letter. :confused:

I also noticed something similar in Nightclub. If I use a letter and emoji, the emoji sticks but the letter disappears. If I use 2 emoji, only the 2nd one sticks. If I use an emoji and a letter, only the letter stays. Very odd. :rolleyes:

xcellent
03-23-12, 01:28 PM
I quickly check my city when i read your posts... My badges are still there-- messages tab-->wall/news/profile/BADGES... Using ipad 1 here... Asked some friends who are playing CS, they still have theirs- using ipod,iphone and ipad2... No problem with my emojis too... Maybe some glitch in your device?

kooky panda
03-23-12, 01:47 PM
My badges are still in the game too. Queen do the ole restart.
I tried my farm NTW(nothing to water shortcut) and it also just posted NTW and not my build in nothing to water.

queentina3
03-23-12, 02:32 PM
Ok, uninstalling/reinstalling worked. But the only way to get the wall message to stick is to type in my shortcut, msg....., with the 5 periods after it. I got that trick from nimishii in Snowy's thread. I'll have to try that in nightclub later to see if it will work there.

I'm not going to email support about it, not worth that hassle, but if one of the TL Employee Mods see this maybe they should make the dev team aware that there is an issue with wall postings on City Story.

Thanks for the help, both of you. :)

DaojinWildfire
03-23-12, 02:41 PM
Ok, uninstalling/reinstalling worked. But the only way to get the wall message to stick is to type in my shortcut, msg....., with the 5 periods after it. I got that trick from nimishii in Snowy's thread. I'll have to try that in nightclub later to see if it will work there.

I'm not going to email support about it, not worth that hassle, but if one of the TL Employee Mods see this maybe they should make the dev team aware that there is an issue with wall postings on City Story.

Thanks for the help, both of you. :)
Are you using a third-party app for the "msg" shortcut?

kooky panda
03-23-12, 02:46 PM
Not sure about Queen but I am using short cut in iphone http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af320/rakinsey99/e1c75bf3.jpg

queentina3
03-23-12, 02:49 PM
Nope, I use the keyboard emoji from the iPad 2. It works in the other games, well I haven't tried it in Nightclub yet, but it does in BS/Farm/RS/Fashion. Those are the ones I've used it in today.

queentina3
03-23-12, 02:52 PM
Sorry, yes like Kooky's is how mine is as well, but the emoji's come from the normal emoji keyboard that the iPad 2 offers. I don't use any third party apps.

kooky panda
03-23-12, 02:54 PM
Sorry, yes like Kooky's is how mine is as well, but the emoji's come from the normal emoji keyboard that the iPad 2 offers. I don't use any third party apps.
me neither.

queentina3
03-23-12, 04:35 PM
I just checked on Nightclub and it works the same as City Story. The only way to get your message to stick is to type 5 ..... at the end of your shortcut, then it will stick.

DaojinWildfire
03-23-12, 06:39 PM
Thanks for the info. I'll let the team know about the iOS shortcut issues.

jtm101
03-24-12, 01:47 AM
I have also noticed emoji not fully working in CS (empire too), but they're working fine in BS/RS. They seem to be truncated.