PDA

View Full Version : Different app besides photobucket?

sourlicorice2
03-22-12, 10:15 PM
Ok I've been using photobucket to post pictures on the forum but I hate it.
Lately I just can't get on it as its 'loading'. I'm not waiting 30 minutes for an app to load its screen.

So was wondering if anyone knows of a better app than photobucket for iPad. One that isn't annoying lol.

Thanks for any replies.

aiyayu
03-22-12, 10:19 PM
I use imageshack for my uploads from my tablet (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.codeminders.imageshackdroid)

sourlicorice2
03-22-12, 10:21 PM
I use imageshack for my uploads from my tablet (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.codeminders.imageshackdroid)

Thx but I'm on an iPad not tablet. Thank u for your reply though :-)

greygull
03-22-12, 10:25 PM
When that happens (because it was just happening with me too) - delete the app, clear the cache on your safari, then redownload it. I think I also did a hard restart before I downloaded it. Now, it's working perfectly again. It was getting so bad for me - it would say loading for a few minutes, then just close out, repeat numerous times. I couldn't get it to open at all for a few days.

sourlicorice2
03-23-12, 04:51 AM
Thank you. It's working again for now but it often takes forever to load so I'll try your suggestion later. hopefully it'll fix the problem for good.

queentina3
03-23-12, 10:01 AM
Did the cropping in Photobucket change for the iPad app as it did for the computer app? I've been syncing my iPad to iTunes and downloading the pics there, then putting them into photobucket to crop, then posting them on the boards. I don't use my iPad for the boards, too much of a pain, but the Photobucket app on the computer has changed its editing procedures and I HATE THEM! So I'm wondering if I was to do everything on the iPad before syncing, then I could just input the already cropped photos into Photobucket before posting.

Worse case scenario is I just go ahead and FINALLY install Photoshop Elements 10 onto this laptop and go through all my pics on my external hard drive. I've been meaning to do that anyways, but been procrastinating. :p

RealFarmer1222
03-23-12, 10:38 AM
I do all my cropping, resizing, body deconstructing, and Lucy Goosiefying, on good ol' Photoshop 4.0.1. Works great now that I finally remembered how to save the files as JPEG's.

I just use Photobucket for on-line storage. Uploading is easy, but their editing app is sssssssllllllllooooowwwww.

sourlicorice2
03-23-12, 01:55 PM
I was just using it to post pictures on the forum from my iPad so I wouldnt have to open up my computer. I'm just lazy lol. It seems to be working for now though.

queentina3
03-23-12, 02:37 PM
Bah, I went ahead and just installed the photoshop elements. I had it on my old laptop and just never bothered to reinstall it on this one. Darn cat broke that screen and I've been too lazy to bother with it on this one. My husband has been bugging me about it though, since I haven't been able to do anything with any of the pics from my camera as they are all in RAW/CRV and I need photoshop to work with them.

I think I'm going to give the photoshop iPad app a whirl though, as I really don't want to have to do too many things to the pics of my games and the quickest/easiest is always going to win out. I'm lazy too sour. hehehe

piggiful
03-23-12, 02:52 PM
Since I only need to refer to the image, and don't need an app for it, I use dropbox. It's just storage:)I also use it to synchronize pictures between my laptop, desktop, iphone and android tab. It just keeps them all up-to-date magically.
I got it years ago, but I think they are still giving free space.
This is my referral link http://db.tt/2wbBwCh , but you can just go to dropbox.com

That's how I link http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8394998/flying_pigs.gif

aiyayu
03-23-12, 02:58 PM
Thx but I'm on an iPad not tablet. Thank u for your reply though :-)

ha whoops habit to link from the droid market

try: http://imageshack.us/content.php?page=iphone ?

greygull
03-23-12, 06:40 PM
I use PhotoShop (PS) Express on my iPad 2 for editing - free, easy to use, and one of the only Adobe things that works with Apple. There's also a paid version that has more stuff (obviously lol), but the free one has what I need.

@sourlicourice - did you try it yet? Has it started working properly again?

sourlicorice2
03-23-12, 10:34 PM
I use PhotoShop (PS) Express on my iPad 2 for editing - free, easy to use, and one of the only Adobe things that works with Apple. There's also a paid version that has more stuff (obviously lol), but the free one has what I need.

I haven't tried it yet but it's working again. But it has been doing that. Taking forever to load that I give up waiting then later working no problem again. I'll do what you said later tonight. Don't have time now as I'm off to my parents shortly and last night I was just too tired to fiddle with it lol.

sehana
03-23-12, 11:27 PM
I am not a fan of Photobucket because it shrinks the image for some reason and I want it to be the original size.

I just email the pictures to my Picasa Album (Google/Gmail)

I also use Dropbox, but that's just to keep everything synced with the pictures on my ipod.

atlantisonearth
03-24-12, 07:35 AM
I use www.tinypic.com

queentina3
03-24-12, 09:06 AM

Ohhhh, I'll have to check that out! Thanks for the tip, I didn't even think they'd have a free version for Apple! :)

viviansmo
03-24-12, 10:32 AM
I have a website so just FTP my photos there... I'm no help. :p

sourlicorice2
03-25-12, 07:32 AM
When that happens (because it was just happening with me too) - delete the app, clear the cache on your safari, then redownload it. I think I also did a hard restart before I downloaded it. Now, it's working perfectly again. It was getting so bad for me - it would say loading for a few minutes, then just close out, repeat numerous times. I couldn't get it to open at all for a few days.

Ok did it as it was doing it to me again. So far so good. It's working now and hopefully will stay working :-)

sourlicorice2
03-25-12, 08:43 AM
Ok did it as it was doing it to me again. So far so good. It's working now and hopefully will stay working :-)

Sigh should have knocked on wood. Deleted it again and redownloaded and worked but don't want to have to keep doing that each time I want to use photobucket. And I'm not waiting ten minutes for the screen to load. Guess I'll just use it when it's loading fast and won't when it's not.

greygull
03-25-12, 11:52 AM
Sigh should have knocked on wood. Deleted it again and redownloaded and worked but don't want to have to keep doing that each time I want to use photobucket. And I'm not waiting ten minutes for the screen to load. Guess I'll just use it when it's loading fast and won't when it's not.

Did you clear the cache in Safari? I actually cleared all of them - cache, history, and cookies. I did mine a couple of weeks ago, it's been working perfectly since. http://support.photobucket.com/app/home In case you hadn't gone yet, here's the PhotoBucket help section.

sourlicorice2
03-25-12, 08:01 PM
Did you clear the cache in Safari? I actually cleared all of them - cache, history, and cookies. I did mine a couple of weeks ago, it's been working perfectly since. http://support.photobucket.com/app/home In case you hadn't gone yet, here's the PhotoBucket help section.

Thanks did all that. Didn't work. I'll take a look at the website after work which I need to get back to lol