PDA

View Full Version : Force closing information and holiday items...

rachien
03-22-12, 09:23 PM
So, two things in one thread:

1. I've noticed every time that my game decides to force close on me, it's typically when the pop-ups before-game changes (limited time content and new content pop-ups.). That's just something I've noticed... Does that make any sense?

2. Are the holiday constructable items (truffle maker, candy cane maker, chocolate fruit dip, etc.) going to come back with each holiday that comes around? So that way those of us who haven't got them yet could get them. And for the people that already have them constructed, they could just go back to the recipes that they (may or may not) have already mastered?

Rachael98
03-23-12, 02:01 AM
1) That's interesting. There was something about popups and ads on BBC Watchdog last night, and that's quite possibly relevant.

2) Not that anyone's heard of;).

kooky panda
03-23-12, 04:53 AM
If you close out the game(or restart your device) when you are not playing, this will help with the force closing when you come into the game to play.

rachien
03-24-12, 10:44 AM
I've tried doing that, and clearing cache and uninstalling and reinstalling. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

kooky panda
03-24-12, 12:00 PM
What game version are you playing on?(check menu - help- small number at bottom of screen)
What device do you play on? What is the device version?

rachien
03-24-12, 08:27 PM
Android, HTC Aria, v. 2.2.2. I actually just updated my phone to the newest software version so my internet and bakery story would work, xP And I bought an 8GB microSD card specifically so I would have enough room in phone to play Bakery Story (I moved it to the SD card.)
Bakery story is on 1.3.6.05

I find that a few hours after it continuously force closes, it'll finally open up, typically after all my food has spoiled. X.x
But I do everything, including clearing my Bakery Story cache/data, and then my internet cache/data, try it on WiFi and then on 3G, restarting my phone, pulling the battery out completely, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, moving it from phone to SD card and vice versa, etc. I don't know what else to do other than wait out the very inconvenient force closing times, because as I said, it will typically force close when my food is done and then finally open up a few hours later when it's all spoiled.

But like I originally posted, I noticed that it typically force closes when those pop-ups (whether it be for gem sales, limited edition content, the mystery boxes, or just the latest update news) are updated. =/

kooky panda
03-24-12, 08:29 PM
Android, HTC Aria, v. 2.2.2. I actually just updated my phone to the newest software version so my internet and bakery story would work, xP And I bought an 8GB microSD card specifically so I would have enough room in phone to play Bakery Story (I moved it to the SD card.)
Bakery story is on 1.3.6.05

I find that a few hours after it continuously force closes, it'll finally open up, typically after all my food has spoiled. X.x
But I do everything, including clearing my Bakery Story cache/data, and then my internet cache/data, try it on WiFi and then on 3G, restarting my phone, pulling the battery out completely, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, moving it from phone to SD card and vice versa, etc. I don't know what else to do other than wait out the very inconvenient force closing times, because as I said, it will typically force close when my food is done and then finally open up a few hours later when it's all spoiled.

But like I originally posted, I noticed that it typically force closes when those pop-ups (whether it be for gem sales, limited edition content, the mystery boxes, or just the latest update news) are updated. =/

When you are finished playing do you completly exit out of the game, or do you let it run in the background?
do you use a task ****er?

rachien
03-25-12, 03:56 PM
I completely exit out of it, and yes, I use Advanced Task ****er (v. 1.9.7 build 92; actually just updated it a week ago) and always make sure Bakery Story is checked. It also auto-****s anything I have running (except my clock) every twelve hours.

I don't immediately click my task ****er widget as soon as I get out of the game, because I've noticed when I do that, it makes my food stop cooking and go back to before you click on them to prepare them. I usually wait a couple of minutes, then hit it.

greygull
03-25-12, 04:10 PM
I know it's not available for all phones, but can you update from version 2.2.2?

I'll flag this over to the CMs, see if they have more device specific information.

rachien
03-26-12, 07:06 AM
I don't know, I'll check.....

rachien
03-26-12, 07:07 AM
aand that's a no! I'm on the highest version available for my phone.

DaojinWildfire
03-26-12, 10:33 AM
Are you running other apps in the background while playing Bakery Story? If so, try closing them and then run the game.