PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions!

trackies.
11-02-10, 01:57 PM
Gameplay:
- The ability to sell tiles & wallpaper in your storage.
- A reset/restore button.
- A pause button.
- A fridge/pantry to preserve food.

Design Options:
- More avatar choices, or options to buy a different colored outfit for our chef.
- Windows!
- Choices of different doors
- Pictures or lights to place on the wall

Unregistered
11-02-10, 02:03 PM
what do you think of a good bottle of wine on the table
a toilet with a toilet lady/man :)
a waitress
paintings on the wall (maybe a foto of yourself) or not

Unregistered
11-02-10, 07:12 PM
There should be a 'select all' option when sending gifts to your neighbors!

I like the above ideas as well! Especially the sell wallpaper and tiles!!

ItsAJeepThing
11-02-10, 07:57 PM
I agree with the Freezer/Pantry idea to preserve food.

trackies.
11-02-10, 10:22 PM
Oh yes! I completely agree with the 'Select All' button.

Unregistered
11-02-10, 10:27 PM
Really great suggestions from the OP, especially with freezer/pantry and selling tiles in your storage!

Unregistered
11-03-10, 06:41 AM
Great ideas in the first post.

My suggestion is for us to be able to close the restaurant at will - instead of just blocking the door. Then we can restock.

Yuri
11-03-10, 08:29 AM
Yeah i agree ! We need more and more wall,window and another icons
i love restaurant story so please update more menu and icons
i'm look forward to ur reply

Bountiful Feast
11-03-10, 08:40 AM
i think the developers should add in another level that you can level up a recipe to.

and i think the prize for leveling a recipe to 5 should be at least 5 gems

i think the developer should set each recipe with a different gem prize depending on the food that levels to 5

example: getting french toast to lvl 5 would net you 5 gems and then getting chocolate mousse to lvl 5 would be like 10 gems since that takes 4 hours to cook

i think thats fair because lvl 4 already took a while to reach, but is wasnt impossible
so its a good incentive for players to keep playing to get their recipes to the next level

Unregistered
11-04-10, 09:43 AM
Many of these suggestions are really good.

Unregistered
11-04-10, 01:30 PM
We should be able to purchase as many "Cooking Appliances", because running out of food quickly is a pain. We should be able to close down the restaurant by not blocking the door with object. A "select all" when giving gifts to our friends would be nice.

Unregistered
11-04-10, 03:19 PM
also we can sent our friends other gifts no just food and plz lower ur prices they are ridiculous. and yes windows i agree doors and plz make the robot move changed his clothes, stop first u cold buy orange with coins now is with gems? we need red tiles for xmas, and ye no gems im sick of gems

Unregistered
11-05-10, 03:57 AM
A 'select all' button, please!

Unregistered
11-05-10, 04:27 AM
Hello, I also would like to see some option (fridge idea was good) to prevent food spoilage. Also would be very convenient to have a select all button when sending gifts to friends. And when you have many posts on your wall and you're trying to answer them all, it would be nice if when you returned to the messages screen, it would save your place on the list. Many a time, I've had a
Lot of people to reply to/visit and I have to constantly keep on scrolling down to find my place in the list of names/posts.

I have a few other suggestions as well:
-Being able to choose the color of plates for both serving and the ones that people eat on.
-being able to personalize the avatars more.
-having more ethnic foods of all sorts
-having an option to buy different specialized "stations" that will increase business by a certain percentage (ie: drink station, ice cream station, etc)
-making it easier and more affordable to get gems
-changing the gifts we're able to give to friends on a more regular basis, or maybe even allowing us to choose exactly which dish to give
-having a larger selection of flooring (more colors like pink or turquoise, and perhaps rugs as well)
-more decorations available for walls
-please make options to make an all pink restaurant (or whatever color one chooses)/ that would be the ultimate in personalization

Thanks for the game so far. It is fun and free, even though it does take forever to make any kind of money (unlike farm story and city story)

Unregistered
11-05-10, 01:11 PM
Offer options to gain more gems except spending real money.

GummyBear07
11-05-10, 02:16 PM
Offer options to gain more gems except spending real money.

There is a few other ways to get gems, for example when you lvl up on your food preperations you recieve 1 gem, also there is these luck chances of you winning in the compititions posted on here like the question of the day or like room compitition but yea I know what you mean by more options

Unregistered
11-05-10, 02:30 PM
Just one request!

1. Can we please get a notification in game when someone sends a message while we play?

Joe
11-06-10, 09:44 AM
Being able to choose the color of plates for both serving and the ones that people eat on.

Hmm, I think that might be bordering on the 'unnecessary'. While there are some great suggestions in this thread -- real, practical, popular ideas -- I feel that some are very niche and probably wouldn't benefit the game as a whole if the developers took the time to add them.

For instance, I feel that adding a toilet probably wouldn't be a popular idea.

Blinvy
11-08-10, 09:26 AM
I want to restart my game. They should put in an option to be able to restart. Changing your restaurant name should not cost gems!!!

Wisper214
11-09-10, 02:41 PM
Would love to see these added to game

1. A respond button to invites to explain why u decline them. I feel bad to say no but cant comment.
2. In wall area one for comments only from customers and wall for my comments to customers.. keep getting deleted.
3. Search option for neighbors or customers.
4. Storage tab by itself. not so we have to have money to get ours out of storage.
5. a possible chat linc so we can talk while we play..
6. ways to earn more gems.. it gets expensive buying them all the time
7. contests would be fun

Wisper214
11-09-10, 02:44 PM
Forgot one

A way we can send our friend duplicate items we have in storage that we dont want.

Unregistered
11-11-10, 06:47 AM
Definitely need a RESET button!!!!!!

Unregistered
11-11-10, 06:55 AM
I agree with adding option to change different doors and to be able to sell tiles and wallpaper and tables and chairs. Also, see my poll about adding an outdoor dining patio option.

Gameplay:
- The ability to sell tiles & wallpaper in your storage.
- A reset/restore button.
- A pause button.
- A fridge/pantry to preserve food.

Design Options:
- More avatar choices, or options to buy a different colored outfit for our chef.
- Windows!
- Choices of different doors
- Pictures or lights to place on the wall

Unregistered
11-11-10, 08:00 AM
I want to buy the gems. but after i login itunes. it says ~this is not test account,please creat a new account in sandbox environment... I really dont know what to do.. Can anybody tell me??

Unregistered
11-11-10, 05:43 PM
I think tips should be worth more and you should be able to tip more. As in city story, tips should be worth 100 coins and 5 tips for everyone, 10 tips for neighbors. It hardly seems worth bothering for 20 coins a tip!

And what about the gems/ city dollars accessible from all games. As in trade our city dollars for gems and visa versa. Then through playing a couple of games, I could gather enough for magic box in my favorite game.

Unregistered
11-11-10, 06:43 PM
- A fridge/pantry to preserve food
- A reset/restore button
- A pause button
- More options for customizing the restaurant (ie. windows, different doors, pictures, etc)
- A select all button
- Higher food levels (with more gem prizes!)
- More ways to get gems
- Prizes for getting to different "star" levels and getting a certain number of neighbours
- Better tips (more coins & XP)
- Foreign foods!
- Different appliances (drinks maker for smoothies and coffee?)
- More appliances available (it makes sense that we have to level up to get more, but at level 22 and only 6 appliances it seems like I never have enough!)
- An option to buy things with gems OR coins (ie. a different price for each; I understand the incentive for people to buy gems, so maybe make these items a better "deal" when bought with gems, but still an option to buy without?)

Unregistered
11-12-10, 10:26 AM
I agree with everyone! when will this happen!?! AHHHHH my priority is:

Frames and windows, selling wallpaper/tiles, outdoor dining. pleeeeeaaaase!!!

also i think it'd be awesome to put decorations on the table, like candles or flowers?

Unregistered
12-08-10, 10:33 AM
ID: jackielopardo

I want to be able to restart my bakery I totally messed up with the tiles and wasted all my money.
It could be if you want to restart you have to used 10 gems like other games I play.
Ex. High school hero
When you sell things there worth like 200 coins compared to 45,000.

Last thing is that there should be better matching chairs and seats. Part of the reason I'm not happy with my resturant story and bakery story is that it looks like **** so I want to restart.

Nana52956
12-09-10, 06:14 AM
There are too many items that are unavailable unless you have gems. This is too frustrating. Persistence should be rewarded. There is no way to convert coins into gems. This makes some of us feel trapped into purchasing items.

Unregistered
12-12-10, 08:07 PM
I really like some of the suggestions given. From them & my own list is:

From a time standpoint:

1. Ability to 'select all' for giving gifts.

2. If it was at all possible - wouldn't you love the ability to "tip all" for your neighbours? Or at least tip them like we gift - just tick off a box? Okay, that's probably just dreaming, but the next one should be quite possible.

3. Ability to see whether you have tipped your neighbour fully or need to go back and check on them or have any outstanding tips to be given (sometimes you can only tip a couple and need to go back to finish up). This is totally the most time consuming aspect of the game and can take hours for just 1 game, nevermind if you are playing 2 or 3 of them. Having to go through the list looking for who you haven't been able to tip yet is a horrible waste of time & I'd rather be redesigning my space & therefore spending more $$ on gems...so wouldn't it make sense, TL, to do something to speed up the neighbour tipping process? :)

4. For the love of someone...give us some different items & colors (not just gem items either) so we can redesign our spaces & therefore stay interested in the game. It all results in more $$ to TL because invariably there will be something you have to buy or want to buy to add to the new decor.

5. If you won't let us sell certain items then absolutely give us the ability to send anything extra from our storage to a neighbour. Whether it's wallpaper, furniture, tiles, decorative items...bought with gems or not...if it's extra, let us decide what to do with it.

6. What I wouldn't give to be able to send my gems from one game to another....pretty please??????

It seems to me that at this rate, if nothing changes soon, the average length of time you'll stay interested in a game is about a month...then you're either up to speed and/or bored because there's nothing new or you just don't have the time to maintain your neighbours. TL, if you want longevity, you have to deal with some of these issues and do it soon.

My two cents worth.

Unregistered
12-20-10, 07:25 PM
Adding a restart button to all story games would be nice

Unregistered
12-27-10, 01:36 PM
I wish there was a button for walls and floors on the design tab!
Plus I wish you can earn gems

Unregistered
12-27-10, 02:12 PM
It seems to me that at this rate, if nothing changes soon, the average length of time you'll stay interested in a game is about a month...then you're either up to speed and/or bored because there's nothing new or you just don't have the time to maintain your neighbours. TL, if you want longevity, you have to deal with some of these issues and do it soon.

My two cents worth.

It seems to me that the business model Team Lava supports will never address the above. Based on the previous updates, it seems to be easier to take the suggestions to improve gameplay and add them to a new game being developed than update the existing game. Take Farm story: It seems that almost nothing has been done to improve gameplay; people in the forums complained about having to 'tap' the screen hundreds of times just to get a few coins, and the crops took most of your screen up leaving no room for anything else. In City Story, they added factories so the coin-generation process required less work and took up less room.

Everyone should realize that Team Lava is in it for the short haul and won't make any real changes to their games; apparently it's more profitable to put out a new game each month, and get people interested in the first two weeks of playability. After that, the games get stale, but who cares, because it takes too much effort to design something with long-term playability in mind.

TeamLava has designed their profit model around the small number of customers who would rather spend $100 to get through the game as fast as they can, and then lose interest after a few days. Until TL starts incorporating a long-term horizon into their games, their profits will be mediocre and the forums will be ripe with angry customers.

Unregistered
12-27-10, 04:16 PM
There should be drinks available, suchas a soda machine, milk, chocolate milk. There are drink machines in Bakery Story, should be here as well.

bobbyrae
05-27-11, 06:04 PM

I agree...I quit as i just cdnt keep up with the neighbours tipping and liking. I so wish there were a "select all" button.
I really also wish there were a way to search for a store without inviting the person to be your neighbour.

polynutz
06-04-11, 04:42 PM
I was way excited with all the new updates, but they all seem to need gems to get, a lot of gems! I really hope that they will make stuff that costs money not gems.

coatimom
06-06-11, 07:33 AM
I'd like some food items that take 10 hours to cook. I like to set it up when I go to bed and sometimes 8 hours is too short and 12 is too long.

Also, something on our neighbors list that tracks whether we have already tipped them that day, and also when was the last time we received a gift and tip from them.

Thanks.