PDA

View Full Version : Unable to ask neighbours for items

Monkeh2369
03-21-12, 05:00 AM
This happened to me on Sunday and now again today. If I send a request to my neighbours for items I am getting the "You have already asked for help today" message. The thing is I haven't!! I always send my requests out first thing in the morning so I know I am well over a 24hr period since I sent my last requests out. I have restarted my iPhone to see if that made a difference but still got the problem.

Anybody come across this or got any ideas what might be going on?

MiniLaura
03-21-12, 05:10 AM
Requests reset at midnight Pacific time, so make sure you request after that.

In the past, when sending gifts and making requests were being weird, I used to skip a day after I got a message like that. Skipping seemed to reset the system for me. For example, if I got the message on Sunday, I wouldn't request materials again until Tuesday. Don't know if that will help you, but you could try.

Monkeh2369
03-21-12, 09:17 AM
Thanks for that. It is well past midnight Pacific now and it is still doing it. Like I said it happened on Sunday and I just ignored it and tried on Monday and it was fine. With it happening again today it is making me wonder if this is going to happen to me a lot more regularly. Just have to see if it happens again over the next couple of weeks I suppose?

pinkster73
03-21-12, 09:34 AM
When this happened to me, I did what Minilaura said. It seemed to work.

bobbyrae
03-22-12, 07:13 AM
Well, for three days now I have been trying to get 10 gold cushions. I am up to a mere 7. I started with 5. I didn't send out any requests for the cushions but instead asked neighbours to send them. I've received every type of panel, hook, carpet, seed and 2 cushions. This morning I decided to send out a request for 17 permits so that I could expand, and 3 cushions. I unselected all 20+ neighbours and (because I wanted to check if one player was still actively sending back requested items) selected only ONE person to send the request for the permit. I got the pop up saying that the request went to my friends but one friend did not receive it as i have sent a request to that friend today. And of course i am unable to send out any other requests today because now I have sent a request to all my neighbours. And of course this means I will have to skip out on sending out requests tomorrow so that the system can reset itself. So that's two days of not being able to send out requests.

And so the nonsense continues with the gift request bug.

Farmer_Alexis
03-22-12, 07:48 PM
How do you make a request? I have the android app. everyone sends me requests for materials (which I do send to them), but I want to know how I can send out a request. Do you have to be at a certain level I am only at level 29. Thanks

greygull
03-22-12, 10:37 PM
How do you make a request? I have the android app. everyone sends me requests for materials (which I do send to them), but I want to know how I can send out a request. Do you have to be at a certain level I am only at level 29. Thanks

You can send requests from constructible items (I think pets and decor?). For example with the Manx, when you buy one, a different type of construction zone appears. When you tap it, it bring up a screen saying which parts you need. There is an option to buy them with gems, or ask friends for the parts (which is free for you, and free for them).