PDA

View Full Version : The best special box??

markersable
03-19-12, 04:30 PM
I have been saving up my gems patiently, no matter how much I wanted into spend them, and have 20 gems! I'm about to reach 24 and wanted to get a special box, but I'm not which one to get. It took me FOREVER to get 20 gems and if I got a special box and only got a pencil and a piece of paper, I would be soo mad!!! Anyone know the BEST special box to get in your opinion?

queentina3
03-19-12, 04:32 PM
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?18092-The-NICE-and-(MOSTLY)-ACCURATE-Resource-for-all-things-from-the-Special-Boxes

That gives a listing of what is in each box. Personally, I like the Magic Box and Magic Shell the best.

lin77
03-19-12, 04:48 PM
I got the magic box twice, one item was a blue vase and the other was the claw machine! I really didn't want either of them, I was hoping for the swan statue, grandfather clock, indoor fountain, grand piano or jazz set.....but of course....nope! ;) I'll try again someday.....

queentina3
03-19-12, 04:51 PM
I got the magic box twice, one item was a blue vase and the other was the claw machine! I really didn't want either of them, I was hoping for the swan statue, grandfather clock, indoor fountain, grand piano or jazz set.....but of course....nope! ;) I'll try again someday.....

OMG, those are the same 2 I got the first 2 times I tried that box! I wasn't even going to do a sports section in my RS, but once I got the claw machine, I figured why not. LOL I was trying for the Fireplace, as I really really want it! I did get the piano and grandfather clock on subsequent tries though, so maybe next time you'll get one of those! I ended up also getting the other vase with the yellow flowers. I've now given up on that box and started on the Magic Shell since I have a nice outdoor area set up, I want that hawaiian bar thing. Ohhh, I also want that darn Lobster Tank! :)

lin77
03-19-12, 05:13 PM
OMG, those are the same 2 I got the first 2 times I tried that box! I wasn't even going to do a sports section in my RS, but once I got the claw machine, I figured why not. LOL I was trying for the Fireplace, as I really really want it! I did get the piano and grandfather clock on subsequent tries though, so maybe next time you'll get one of those! I ended up also getting the other vase with the yellow flowers. I've now given up on that box and started on the Magic Shell since I have a nice outdoor area set up, I want that hawaiian bar thing. Ohhh, I also want that darn Lobster Tank! :)

Too funny! Well I'm hoping for one of those other items next! I'd really like to see the piano & grandfather clock. U should IM me ur id or I can u so I can take a peek! :)

TheRandomDude
03-19-12, 05:16 PM
i love takout box and magic boc

freshfoods
03-19-12, 05:26 PM
takeout box

freshfoods
03-19-12, 05:27 PM
and the island one

queentina3
03-19-12, 05:31 PM
Here is my Restaurant, overall pic. Please don't mind the piano area, that is my last area to finish and I still haven't completely decided HOW I want it set up yet. I'm thinking some kind of lounge/bar/mexican area maybe, depends on what theme TL comes out with next. LOL

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b342/queentina3/TeamLava/001-9.png

Here is a close up of the piano.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b342/queentina3/TeamLava/002-3.png

Here is a close up of the Grandfather Clock.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b342/queentina3/TeamLava/003-3.png

Here is my outdoor area, where I want to put the Hawaiin banquet if I EVER get it. LOL

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b342/queentina3/TeamLava/004-3.png

Here is my sports area that was a last minute decision when I felt bad seeing my poor claw machine just sitting there all by its lonesome in my supply tab. :p

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b342/queentina3/TeamLava/005-2.png

lin77
03-19-12, 05:44 PM
[QUOTE=queentina3;262619]Here is my Restaurant, overall pic. Please don't mind the piano area, that is my last area to finish and I still haven't completely decided HOW I want it set up yet. I'm thinking some kind of lounge/bar/mexican area maybe, depends on what theme TL comes out with.

Very nice queentina3! I like how you have different sections! I do like the piano & grandfather clock! Thx for sharing! :)

I just got done trying for the magic box again.....and I got the jazz set! Not too bad!

queentina3
03-19-12, 05:46 PM
I haven't seen the Jazz set, can you post a pic of it? Or, I don't recall seeing it in any of my neighbors shops. It's hard sometimes when there are so many things bunched together, or similar looking, to know which is the jazz set and which is one of the other "people sets" that TL has come out with.

lin77
03-19-12, 06:00 PM
I haven't seen the Jazz set, can you post a pic of it? Or, I don't recall seeing it in any of my neighbors shops. It's hard sometimes when there are so many things bunched together, or similar looking, to know which is the jazz set and which is one of the other "people sets" that TL has come out with.

Sure I can....just don't know how. I will try to fiqure it out......

queentina3
03-19-12, 06:02 PM
Here's a link to how to post a link on the forum. I have no idea how to do pics from a kindle, that's what you use right? But I know the camera icon on your game should at least work, from there I haven't a clue. LOL

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?15881-How-To-A-Post-Photo-On-The-Forum

lin77
03-19-12, 06:10 PM
http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u446/lindseyv77/restaurant_story-2012-03-19-08-01-12-1.png

Ok....I hope this works! Here is the jazz set from the magic box! :)

queentina3
03-19-12, 06:33 PM
Oh that is adorable. GAH, now I want that too! I don't think I've seen that in ANY of my neighbors places. That was also a 2nd place item, so you're getting closer to that piano yet! :)

lin77
03-19-12, 06:49 PM
Oh that is adorable. GAH, now I want that too! I don't think I've seen that in ANY of my neighbors places. That was also a 2nd place item, so you're getting closer to that piano yet! :)

I saw it in one of my nbrs places and they had the wooden columns on both sides of it which looked really neat but I'm trying to save my coins to expand so I will wait to do that. :)

expressW
03-19-12, 08:52 PM
OP, I don't think that you should risk your hard earned gems that you took FOREVER to earn on a box. While there are some awesome items in there, there is very little chance you will be lucky enough to get it.

Don't want to speak for others but for every cool item I hv on display in my games, there are 2-3 unused items in storage.

Unless you actually buy gems, I don't reccommend using hard earned gems on boxes. The disappointment of getting a mailbox or torch or sandbox or something after saving gems for weeks is just heartbreaking.

purpsandherb
03-22-12, 12:53 AM
How many chances do we get for a box? Is there a, limit?

greygull
03-22-12, 09:15 AM
How many chances do we get for a box? Is there a, limit?

This isn't a limit, but each try costs 24 gems.

markersable
03-25-12, 07:32 AM
Does anyone what the "decorations tab" is? When I bought the steampunk special box, I REALLY REGRET BUYING IT!!, it said my prize, The steampunk toy ballon or something..., it said it was in the decorations tab. Anyone know which it is? I can't find it!!

starstar2
03-25-12, 07:37 AM
Is in the tab where u can buy the chocolate fountain.
Keep scrolling n u can it.

queentina3
03-25-12, 07:45 AM
Does anyone what the "decorations tab" is? When I bought the steampunk special box, I REALLY REGRET BUYING IT!!, it said my prize, The steampunk toy ballon or something..., it said it was in the decorations tab. Anyone know which it is? I can't find it!!

All floor items are found in the "flower" tab. All wall items are found in the "clock" tab. :)

cakeandpie
03-26-12, 05:01 PM
I've now given up on that box and started on the Magic Shell since I have a nice outdoor area set up, I want that hawaiian bar thing. Ohhh, I also want that darn Lobster Tank! :)

You do know that the Hawaiian bar isn't in the magic shell, right?

queentina3
03-26-12, 05:05 PM
You do know that the Hawaiian bar isn't in the magic shell, right?

The magic shell was for the lobster tank, which I actually got the other day, FINALLY! LOL!!!

I've pretty much given up on the Island Chest, sad I know, but may try one LAST time if I get the nerve.

purpsandherb
03-27-12, 09:55 AM
This isn't a limit, but each try costs 24 gems.
Wow! Thats crazy. At the rate im goin I wont get a chest for awhile... I was under the assumption we the players wuld get more then one chance at the chest for the many hours of earning those gems. Say, a chance once a week for a month... One more question, how do I better my chances, I mean my 1 chance, for getting the best prize out of the chest or box???

mingboo
03-27-12, 08:30 PM
if we can trade, i would give you the lobster tank anytime!!! for free!!!

mingboo
03-27-12, 08:40 PM
The magic shell was for the lobster tank, which I actually got the other day, FINALLY! LOL!!!

I've pretty much given up on the Island Chest, sad I know, but may try one LAST time if I get the nerve.

i have not seen the hawaiian bar before!! Anyone have a snap shot of it? I thought the indoor island is the top prize in the island chest!!

ginastrank
03-28-12, 10:30 AM
my friend told me that the other day she bought the magic shell and she tapped it three times and she got the bubble pillar, the sandcastle and the lobster tank! all in one purchase!!! has anyone ever had that happen?

kattybell
03-28-12, 10:31 AM
my friend told me that the other day she bought the magic shell and she tapped it three times and she got the bubble pillar, the sandcastle and the lobster tank! all in one purchase!!! has anyone ever had that happen?

Since she clicked it three times, she spent 24 gems each click. So it wouldn't really be one purchase. Confusing.