PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions from the Alien

dagrud
05-21-10, 09:53 PM
I started playing your game today and thought I would share my opinions of your game as well as some suggestions for future updates. First off my name is Farmer Grud (Storm8 ID: dagrud) and this is my farm...

http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac272/dagrud/731b0f62.jpg

It was a rough start this morning when I first started. I encountered several bugs: I couldn't delete comments from my page, I bought the 11x11 expansion and got nothing, & your server crashed twice just when my strawberries were ready to harvest and when I was able to get back on I found my entire crop had withered. I was frustrated to say the least, but I emailed support with my issues and I was delighted to receive a VERY speedy response that addressed EVERY one of my issues and made amends for any hardships. I applaud your customer support for their response today.

Now problems aside, let me get to my suggestions on improvements?

FIRST off I would like to see the REALLY expensive buildings do something instead of just being purely decorative in the game. For example:

The Farm House ($200,000) could increase the experience one earns from everything if you own one.
The Barn ($120,000) could increase the yield (gold) players receive from all animals.
The Tool Shed ($90,000) could decrease the amount of time crops take to ripen and be ready for harvest.
The Grain Silo ($10,000) could increase the amount of time it takes crops to wither.

I'm only suggesting the expensive buildings do something extra as there is a conundrum in this game in that you need to have crops to earn money so you can buy stuff like buildings, but when you do buy buildings you are taken up space that you could be using to grow more crops. There should be some benefit to spending the money to buy these buildings.

SECOND, I would like to see the "(blank) Watered your farm" messages in a different spot then the messages left to me from others. Otherwise if I have a lot of player's water my crops while I'm away it could push off messages from others before I had a chance to read them. It would also be nice if, like in the Storm games, your messages just went to a second page when you got too many. It's nice in these type of games to be able to save links to friends in your comments as once you get a lot of neighbors it can be really hard to find a friend.

THIRD, I'm not a big fan of the little water droplets above my crops when they have been watered. They detract from the overall appearance of our Farms.

FOURTH, add an "Accept All" option to the invites page. Also, change it where it says "Accept" instead of "Invite" when someone sends me an invite. They invited me, so why am I being asked to invite them? I should be being asked to "Accept" their invite.

FIFTH, add the ability to reset and start over to your game along with the ability to change your name.

I realize this game is still very new and you are still adding and developing it. You seem to have some potential here. I hope my suggestions have helped. I look forward to seeing how this game evolves over time.

Thanks for your time,
Sincerely,
Da Grud (aka. Farmer Grud)

supercow
05-21-10, 10:03 PM
I appreciate your feedback and have forwarded this message to the development team. We want Farm Story to be one of the best games out there so comments like this are invaluable. While I can never guarantee any specific change or fix, I can guarantee we will discuss your comments as we plan features and changes for our next few releases.

Dagrud
05-21-10, 10:24 PM
I forgot to suggest Time Stamps on profile comments as well as some sort of indicator that you have a message on the main screen.

Unregistered
05-22-10, 03:00 PM
I agree with all of Grud's suggestions & you need to fix how long it takes when you accept an invite.

Nonbeliever
05-24-10, 07:00 AM
Um, you started the game this morning, crops grow in real time, and you are at level 25? Nice try. I love how so many people think they have better ideas as to how games should be run than those making the games. While some suggestions are beneficial, overall a little much.

Unregistered
05-24-10, 07:07 AM
Defintely have to agree with some of the suggestions you gave. As for the water droplets well I don't really mind them. Perhaps when we click the home option, we don't see the droplets ourselves, while when players are going to water the fields, they can view what crops that need watering. The buildings do need to have a purpose in the game. For such a costly option to purchase, their should be extra points, coins, or experience given to the player. Perhaps with the increase of buildings on the land, our crops time limited for growth will be decreased. I'd also like to see more land uses. Such as digging and mining for coins and gems. Thank you. Add me Chief Mallow

Farmer Grud
05-24-10, 07:08 AM
Um, you started the game this morning, crops grow in real time, and you are at level 25? Nice try. I love how so many people think they have better ideas as to how games should be run than those making the games. While some suggestions are beneficial, overall a little much.

Yes, when I started this thread I had started that morning. I've updated my pic with one showing my crops grown, but I did reach lv 25 in a day. I used gems to buy fertilizer.

As for thinking I know more then the Game Designers, the "Game Designers" ASKED for feedback and sugestions. If you weren't so busy posting **** like you did above maybe you'd have read their post asking for us to give them feedback.

BTW: Thanx for the BUMP :p

Narly
05-24-10, 12:23 PM
The Farm House ($200,000) could increase the experience one earns from everything if you own one.
The Barn ($120,000) could increase the yield (gold) players receive from all animals.
The Tool Shed ($90,000) could decrease the amount of time crops take to ripen and be ready for harvest.
The Grain Silo ($10,000) could increase the amount of time it takes crops to wither.

Totally agree ... these changes would make it a plus.

The idea to build a farm instead of just a field of crop, is a must. You need to find a balance with making money and the embelisment of your plot.

Narly

Yupster
05-31-10, 07:13 PM
I definitly agree with the building ideas, I for one will not be buying any buildings until i'm certain they give a bonus. It's is simply too much money and space with 12x12 I have now.
I do like the "Watered your farm." messages - everyone that visits me is logged on one wall so I can go through return favors and keep my star status up all before my strawberries are ready for harvest - maybe they could utilize the tabs to show recent watering?

Let's be neighbors! Add : Yuppie

Unregistered
05-31-10, 07:45 PM
Totally agree ... these changes would make it a plus.

The idea to build a farm instead of just a field of crop, is a must. You need to find a balance with making money and the embelisment of your plot.

Narly

Same Here... This would be soooooo much better.

If updated: for those who already have buildings, they would be changed too right? not just new buildings bein built? cuz thatd be a HUGE problem haha

Unregistered
06-02-10, 02:36 AM
make the game avable offline and online modes would be sweet to