PDA

View Full Version : Materials Requests for Food

marmento
03-19-12, 10:59 AM
This is related to my earlier post on Pop Up Gift Requests as a bug, except this is not a pop up.

A few minutes ago when I entered BS to take care of some additional business today, I had the usual pop-up news feed telling me who among my neighbors had gifted what and who had materials requests pending. It's the materials request part that I think has the bug. One of the three materials requests was from a neighbor called Sweet Tooth, who became my neighbor within the last 2 months. That's no problem, happy to oblige, and I pushed the "accept" button.

However, the materials request was for chocolate cake! I have had similar requests for food items appear under the materials request portion of the news feed, although I don't recall with what frequency, whether it was BS or RS, or who the neighbor filing the request was. I thought the materials request section was for parts items only?

My storm8 id is marmento.
I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10, an Android system.
The BS version I'm using is 1.3.6.05

BTW, I don't find this nearly as annoying as the pop-ups that request specific food for a given neighbor. After all, this is just part of the usual stream of info, not a pop-up.

marmento
03-19-12, 01:04 PM
Was it BS or RS that recently included dragon parts among possible gift items? Whichever, the last time I recall this particular sort of thing happening, it was a request for one of those dragon parts that was included among the materials request listing.

kooky panda
03-19-12, 01:40 PM
chocolate cake should not be under the material requests. Try restarting your device, and if you see this again please let us know.

marmento
03-19-12, 03:12 PM
I will restart my device, but since I've already accepted the request, I can't imagine that this particular one will reappear. If I do get one like these in the future, though, I'll let you know.

We Androids don't necessarily know what the iOS folks can use, so I, at least, tend to comply with any requests for materials. Ulltimately, what I want is to be assured that there are sufficient firewalls between me and what appear to be the story hackers so that I am, and my friends and family are, not compromised. Thanks.

marmento
03-19-12, 03:20 PM
Nope, it didn't work. I had two pending gifts, but no materials requests. Sorry.