PDA

View Full Version : Stop gifting

janibany
03-19-12, 09:23 AM
There is a campaigne going on about stop gifting until TL change the gift options. Many of my neighbors are on it. Anybody here following? I have received few gifts today and yesterday

kattybell
03-19-12, 09:25 AM
I don't think that will impact them to change the options for gifting. But I haven't heard of it until now. I still get my 20 gifts a day.

sweetstuff525
03-19-12, 09:39 AM
I wouldn't do that what if my neighbors need stuff

bobbyrae
03-19-12, 09:39 AM
I haven't heard of it either and I'm maxed out on my gifts every day.
Not sure how not gifting your neighbour will make TL want to change the gifting?:confused:

kattybell
03-19-12, 09:40 AM
Not sure how not gifting your neighbour will make TL want to change the gifting?:confused:

That's what I was wondering too..

pinkster73
03-19-12, 09:42 AM
Yes the logic of this is somewhat skewed.

janibany
03-19-12, 09:49 AM
I guess is like a strike? To make them see people want a change on the variety? I don't know, i guess is just as useless as the blackout was? Or those strikes for buying gems? I do think is a good idea to have other options to gift, don't know if TL will even care if people are on a strike

queentina3
03-19-12, 09:55 AM
I guess is like a strike? To make them see people want a change on the variety? I don't know, i guess is just as useless as the blackout was? Or those strikes for buying gems? I do think is a good idea to have other options to gift, don't know if TL will even care if people are on a strike

This doesn't hurt TL at all though, unlike the blackout or a gem strike. Those both affect TLs bottom dollar, not gifting your neighbors only hurts your neighbors, it doesn't affect TL at all.

On that note, I've been receiving my 20 gifts, and all but nine of my neighbors received gifts from me. Those 9 were already maxxed on gifts when I went to send to them. I have 57 neighbors in Fashion, so it looks like most of them aren't aware of this "stop gifting" strike going around.

bobbyrae
03-19-12, 09:55 AM
The blackout was different since people actually stopped buying gems. If everyone stopped buying gems, then it would have impacted TL. So the blackout was useful in some way.

If everyone stops gifting their neighbours...who gets impacted except the neighbours who are building appliances and who can never complete them or the new players who are desperate to have food on their counters by using gifts of stew or even brownies to keep them through the cooking time for longer timed recipes?

laVirtualCloset
03-19-12, 10:46 AM
Not sure of the logic on the gift strike either. In fact, it could help TL's bottom line. Those gifts are really game currency since it provides merchandise that a player can sell to increase their coin totals. If you don't have enough merchandise or coins to purchase merchandise, it could encourage a player to buy gems in order to purchase coins (i.e 10 gems for 10,000 coins). I can't think of a scenario where it hurts them.

GroupMagma
03-19-12, 10:50 AM
If you would like to provide feedback on a certain game or feature, we welcome you to do so. However, please note that organizing "strikes" is not an appropriate use for this forum. Thanks!