PDA

View Full Version : Food on counters

cmorris1987
03-19-12, 05:42 AM
When you make multiple batches of the same thing, they should go to one counter, not different ones.

brentmorri
03-19-12, 05:58 AM
They try to cover as much counter space as available. As you cook different foods they will combine similar ones to same counter to make space for the new ones. Sorry if you already knew this.

DiabeticFoodie
03-19-12, 06:12 AM
Maybe cmorris is suggesting we need the option of choosing what counter our food is put on. I would love to have that option. I'm OCD about having the same food on two or more different counters, though it can't always be helped.

jaybee57
03-19-12, 10:35 PM
Maybe cmorris is suggesting we need the option of choosing what counter our food is put on. I would love to have that option. I'm OCD about having the same food on two or more different counters, though it can't always be helped.before you serve a dish you already have on a counter, store any empty counters first...your new food will go to the counter with the same food already on it. you have to juggle counters in and out of storage but it's one solution. Also, if different foods are ready at the same time and say, one dish is new, or not already on a counter and one dish does have food on a counter, and you have one empty counter, serve the new dish first...it will go on the empty counter.

sweetsucess
03-19-12, 10:39 PM
I would love to add a way to move items om one counter to another. I avoid buying the holiday and themed counters because I won,t be able to keep my food and redecorate after the holiday.

cmorris1987
03-20-12, 10:08 PM
Yes that is what i am talking about, I don't like that i have one type of food on three seperate counters, and having to store empty counters to have one type to add to an same existing one is doing a bit too much.

DAmanding
03-21-12, 05:17 PM
I've sometimes just cooked a one minute dish to get all the food of one type combined on one counter after I served the one minute dish. Then I delete the counter of the one minute item and store it if that is my intent, or just leave it open. Since it only takes a minute, makes such a small quantity and doesn't cost much it's no big deal to throw it away.