PDA

View Full Version : Pop Up Gift Requests

marmento
03-18-12, 12:02 PM
My storm8 id is marmento. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10, an Android System.

I think I'm experiencing a rather annoying bug, in that when I enter BS among the initial pop-ups is a "send gift" of croissant to brownies. It's always my neighbor brownies and only brownies, and it's always croissants. This can occur even if I've already sent brownies a gift that day and it was received by brownies. When that is the case (I had already gifted and it was received), should I check on "send", as I once did, the additional gift goes through!

Today it occurred while my tablet was simply on sleep mode waiting for notifications that something was ready. I opened RS, took care of business, and then moved to BS to take care of business there.

I'm not sure it even matters whether I had happened to gift croissants that day or not. It might. It doesn't seem to happen each and every time, although it is certainly frequently enough to lead me to post this note. Help, please?

marmento
03-18-12, 12:56 PM
Oops! I'm using version 1.3.6.05.

If it is at all helpful, I believe brownies was once also my neighbor on RS, but after a period of his/her inactivity I deleted him/her as a neighbor from that game.

kooky panda
03-18-12, 01:14 PM
I am a little confused. I do not understand what you mean by "send gift of crossiant to brownies"
can you explain a little more?

veenilla
03-18-12, 01:22 PM
I have the same problem. It would have one of my neighbor's name then say only he or she visited my bakery today then have the gift option of brownie croissant and one other thing... is that a bug?

kooky panda
03-18-12, 01:36 PM
can anyone post a screenshot of this issue, I am still having trouble understanding what you are seeing?

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?15881-How-To-A-Post-Photo-On-The-Forum

queentina3
03-18-12, 02:04 PM
My storm8 id is marmento. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10, an Android System.

I think I'm experiencing a rather annoying bug, in that when I enter BS among the initial pop-ups is a "send gift" of croissant to brownies. It's always my neighbor brownies and only brownies, and it's always croissants. This can occur even if I've already sent brownies a gift that day and it was received by brownies. When that is the case (I had already gifted and it was received), should I check on "send", as I once did, the additional gift goes through!

Today it occurred while my tablet was simply on sleep mode waiting for notifications that something was ready. I opened RS, took care of business, and then moved to BS to take care of business there.

I'm not sure it even matters whether I had happened to gift croissants that day or not. It might. It doesn't seem to happen each and every time, although it is certainly frequently enough to lead me to post this note. Help, please?

You have a neighbor that is named "brownies", you gift this neighbor croissants, and when you log into your game, they are showing back up in your news feed allowing you to gift that neighbor again. Is that correct? From what we've been told by a TL Mod, those are supposed to be declined notices coming back to us, but I'm still not sure that's the case.

Have you asked your neighbor brownie if they are receiving your croissant gifts, and if so, are they declining them? I know not many people want to ask those types of questions, but if they are a good enough neighbor and you explain they keep showing back up in your news feed and you're wondering why that is, they may tell you. If they are declining them, just find out what it is they do want as a gift. :)

nmishii
03-18-12, 02:24 PM
I get that popup too. Every other time I start up. I ignore it.

It references an infrequent player and says that player and others have visited my bakery and asks if I want to send them a gift. If you scroll you can see that the choices are the 5 original gifts: brownies, croissants, choc cake, hot chocolate, cappuccino.

I never tried to send a gift. Maybe I should try one day.

I wish the popup would go away.

veenilla
03-18-12, 03:54 PM
It went away for a few days but came back again... lol :(

SmokeyMtnGirl
03-18-12, 04:25 PM
I've never seen this but I also don't read the pop ups. I jus x out and fuss in my mind.

marmento
03-18-12, 06:44 PM
Not quite. I do have a neighbor named brownie. But, no, it's not showing up in my news feed. Instead, it's a yellow pop-up box all by itself. It happens regardless of the gift I have given that particular day; I could have gifted parts that day and the pop-up box would still tell me to give brownie croissants.

Brownie hasn't been terribly active lately. The kitchen is bare and the tables are full of tips.

marmento
03-18-12, 06:48 PM
I didn't see anything indicating that he/she had visited my bakery or a scroll that would let me select the gift. Next time it happens, I'll see if I can find it.

I think I might have figured out how to send a screen shot, but we'll see. It probably won't happen until tomorrow, if I have.

marmento
03-18-12, 06:59 PM
I tried to reply to you, but it seemingly didn't post. I'm not sure I know how to send a screen shot, but I might have figured it out and will maybe be able to do so tomorrow.

What I'm talking about is a yellow pop-up box, like the ones one otherwise gets whenever opening restaurant story. You know, the ones that say you've won x number of coins today and come back tomorrow to see what more you've won? This particular yellow pop-up box has a header that says, "Send Gift". In the body of the pop-up box is brownie id'd as the intended recipient with the little white box to the left of his/her id, such as one would typically see in a neighbor listing (but the gift/visit boxes are not included in this particular pop-up). Somewhere, maybe near the heading?, in black ink it indicates the gift to be given is croissants. At the bottom of the pop-up box is a button labeled "Send".

I'm sure I don't know how to post a screen shot in the forum, but I might be able to send one by e-mail tomorrow.

HmongVillager
03-18-12, 07:19 PM
WHAT? I'm confused LOL.

marmento
03-18-12, 07:29 PM
I just went back to BS, but the pop-up didn't appear this time for me to take a picture of it. I'm quite certain I didn't have any scroll capability with that pop-up box, though, in order to choose a gift to give to brownies.

Brownies is not terribly active. A while back I was tracking neighbor activity that appeared via my news feed/wall. Brownies became my neighbor in early November of last year. Although I haven't done this tracking in the last month or so, the last time that brownies either gifted/tipped me during any given week was approximately 1/20. Before then, he/she only appeared roughly once a week to either gift or tip.

Maybe it's TL's way of telling me brownies is no longer playing?

Next time it pops up, whenever that might be, I'll be sure to take a picture of it, though!

kooky panda
03-18-12, 08:16 PM
yes please try and post a screenshot. I have never seen this yellow box pop up in my games.

nmishii
03-18-12, 08:29 PM
When I first started getting the popup, it used to stay on the screen. Then I stopped paying attention to it. Today it pops on the screen for a second and then disappears, and I can't get it to stay anymore.

Its been happening for a long time, like months.

Mkay86
03-19-12, 07:20 AM
Mine does the same as nmishii. It says "so-and-so" has recently visited would you like to send a gift to say thanks. I just ignore it and it turns into the news feed after a few seconds.

queentina3
03-19-12, 07:21 AM
Wow, I never saw that when I was playing on my android. Now I'm my only neighbor on that device so it doesn't pop up now either, and even if it did I still can't take screen shots with the Bionic. Good luck you guys, hope whatever it is gets removed as that would annoy me completely. :(

marmento
03-19-12, 09:28 AM
Thanks, Kooky Panda. If this is somehow linked to my neighbor brownies, which it seemingly is although how is unknown, and if there's a connection between his visits and the pop-up I get, and I don't know whether there is or not, and if his/her past visitation history is any indication of his/her future visits, we'll have to wait until a weekend before I'll see one of these again.

That's a lot of ifs, but I'll try to take a screen shot when I see it.

bobbyrae
03-19-12, 09:37 AM
Thanks, Kooky Panda. If this is somehow linked to my neighbor brownies, which it seemingly is although how is unknown, and if there's a connection between his visits and the pop-up I get, and I don't know whether there is or not, and if his/her past visitation history is any indication of his/her future visits, we'll have to wait until a weekend before I'll see one of these again.

That's a lot of ifs, but I'll try to take a screen shot when I see it.

Can any of you post a pic of the pop up? I think that will go a far way in getting help with this. I have never had that happen to me. I'm on an ipad.

nmishii
03-19-12, 10:09 AM
Androids can't take a picture of a popup and now its only there a couple of seconds before it goes away. I'd never be able to get the timing right with a digital camera.

Its been happening for months, after a manual update, so I believe its for Android only. Even if we can't get a picture of it, TL should know what screen we're talking about without a picture based on the description. We've all described the same scenario and same popup.

kooky panda
03-19-12, 10:19 AM
Looks like this is an android only , I am going to go ahead and report over, since I do not think we will be able to get a screenshot. GG usually can take one, but she is out of town until tomorrow.

nmishii
03-19-12, 11:02 AM
If it helps, it started happening after the releases in Dec - prior to that we didn't get an update since July and didn't get the popup. I just assumed it was something iOS had that they ported to Android.

It happens with an infrequent player and not always the same player. Its someone I didn't send a gift to and didn't receive one from for a while, someone who hasn't visited in a while that I know of, even though the message said the person visited.

I always took it as TL telling me there is a neighbor out there that I'm ignoring, and I should send them a gift. Its not a good popup because it only lists the food and most people want parts.

aiyayu
03-19-12, 11:03 AM
people are talking about this, here's a screencap I took on 2011.12.20 ^^;

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/7415/fb20111220031153.png
uploaded from my android, I'd edit it but I keep getting error messages anytime I try to upload to anywhere on my laptop >___<

queentina3
03-19-12, 11:13 AM
Oh yeah, I remember that pop up now that I've seen it, I just "x" out of it and ignored it. We don't get that on iOS, it is a strictly Android thing, just in case anyone still thought otherwise.

kooky panda
03-19-12, 11:32 AM
thanks for the screenshot!! No I have never gotten this one either.

marmento
03-19-12, 11:51 AM
Kooky panda, it sounds as though the pop up I'm receiving is slightly different from that the other two have received, although there are commonalities.

Ooops, I just saw the post below. No, that is not the pop-up I'm receiving. Mine doesn't have any food pictures. It just has the blank ink statement that I should send a gift of croissants and lists that one singular neighbor as the intended recipient. For mine, we'll have to wait until I get another one. I know I can take a screen shot, and I can't imagine why it wouldn't be able to take a picture of the pop-up.

The commonality is perhaps that it's an infrequent visitor. My neighbor brownies has a 0 star rating.

Please also see my other post on Materials Requests for Food Items. That neighbor has a 1 star rating. Because she's recent and I had stopped doing so for a little over a month, I have not been tracking the frequency with which she tips/gifts or doesn't.

nmishii
03-19-12, 12:46 PM
Now my popup isn't disappearing but staying on the screen. It used to appear after the popup that said how much you earned since the last time you were on. Now there's a gem popup that wasn't there this morning and the popup doesn't disappear. It looks like the screenshot above. If you scroll you get a choice of cappuccino. No brownies, as I posted earlier, but I thought I got brownies the last time.

If I click on Croissant, I'll get the Send Gift screen that marmento is describing. Same for other food items.

I tried to send the neighbor cappuccino and the popup went away but when I go into neighborhood the gift button is still lit. If I restart, I can send the gift again. So the gift really isn't being sent.

I don't have a camera with me now so I can't take a picture. I tried the copier and it didn't work - the whole phone copied black.

queentina3
03-19-12, 12:53 PM
You tried to copy your phone? OMG talk about going above and beyond! LMAO nmishii!

DaojinWildfire
03-19-12, 03:26 PM
Please verify if I understand the issue correctly.

The message log says to need to Gift Back to Friend1, so you send a gift to Friend1. While playing the game the same day, the visual message log, asks you to gift back to Friend1 again?

If this is correct, can you try sending Friend1 (just an example name) another gift and let me know what happens?

nmishii
03-19-12, 04:02 PM
No.

I did not send Friend1 a gift today or for the last several days. A startup popup is displayed with the screenshot above. It is not in the message log, but one of the many startup popups.

There is the Send Gift popup above first displayed, and you can scroll to the next page and get the choice of cappucino on the next screen. If you tap on any of the choices, you get another popup that looks like the one you get from Neighborhood, only in the popup the gift choice is selected. If you tap on the Send button, it appears the gift was sent. But if you go into Neighborhood (after all the popups finish) then it looks exactly like no gift was sent as the Gift button is lit, and I can go in and select a gift to send. But I don't send it because then I can't answer any more questions on this. I think it would send the gift, as it is no different than how I send gifts normally.

Not that depending on the popups, sometimes the Send Gift popup is there only for a second or two or stops for action. This morning it was appearing after the popup that said how much you earned since the last time on and it disappeared after a couple of seconds. This afternoon its after the Gem popup and stops so I can act on it. I got a friend request and the popups stopped on it and not on the Send Gift popup that followed.

nmishii
03-19-12, 04:03 PM
Last paragraph : Not s/b Note

nmishii
03-19-12, 04:36 PM
This may also help your development team find the code:

This morning there was no gem sale. The Send Gift popup appeared after the Welcome Back popup for 1 or 2 seconds and disappeared on its own.

This afternoon after the gem popup was added, after the Bakery Story screen the gem popup displayed for a second or two then the Send Gift popup came up and stopped. After the Send Gift popup was exited, the gem popup reappeared and needed to be exited out of.

This afternoon I got a neighbor request after I started getting the gem popups. I don't remember exactly when that popped up during startup, but it stayed on that screen until I exited. Then the Send Gift popup displayed for a second or two then disappeared. I don't remember the other popups that preceded or followed the neighbor request and send gift popups. When I acted on the neighbor request it went back to how it was before the neighbor request.

marmento
04-01-12, 01:49 AM
I was able to take a screen shot of the pop-up I'm receiving, although it's now a more finished looking pop-up. I sent it as an E-mail attachment to support@TeamLava, and received a return E-mail saying they had gotten my message.

To clarify, this occurs when i enter my bakery, seemingly after having been at my restaurant. It does not re-occur once I'm in my bakery and working there.

Is this perhaps more than one bug?

kooky panda
04-01-12, 08:56 AM
I was able to take a screen shot of the pop-up I'm receiving, although it's now a more finished looking pop-up. I sent it as an E-mail attachment to support@TeamLava, and received a return E-mail saying they had gotten my message.

To clarify, this occurs when i enter my bakery, seemingly after having been at my restaurant. It does not re-occur once I'm in my bakery and working there.

Is this perhaps more than one bug?

can you post a picture of your pop up here?
support will get back to shortly, but just so we can also see this pop up?

marmento
04-01-12, 06:58 PM
i don't know how to do that, kooky panda. I'm not terribly fluent technologically. I'll see what I can do....

marmento
04-01-12, 07:50 PM
i'm batting zero, kooky panda. I know the path on my tablet for the screen shot, but I don't think that's the same as an URL. I don't think I have cut and paste capabilities w/ my tablet, and I'm not home to use my PC. Is there any way I can simply forward my E-mail to support@TeamLava and you or others could post it?

kooky panda
04-01-12, 08:22 PM
i'm batting zero, kooky panda. I know the path on my tablet for the screen shot, but I don't think that's the same as an URL. I don't think I have cut and paste capabilities w/ my tablet, and I'm not home to use my PC. Is there any way I can simply forward my E-mail to support@TeamLava and you or others could post it?

support will not forward here. Just let us know what happens. (but do not post a copy of email support here) .
I was just wondering what it looked like. thanks for trying.

marmento
04-01-12, 08:26 PM
fwiw, when i discovered sweet tooth was associated with an inappropriate materials request, I deleted him/her from my neighbors list. I waited with brownies to be able to get the screen shot. Brownies has since been deleted from my neighbors list, also.

marmento
04-01-12, 08:50 PM
when i get home in a week or so, I'll see what I can do w/ my PC to be able to share the screen shot. Thx for helping, tho.

marmento
04-02-12, 01:16 PM
https://picasaweb.google.com/113632054733965844071/April22012#5726894748365358866

I hope this works. This was the most recent problem pop-up I received. Before, it was always my neighbor brownies, and without a picture of croissants.

kooky panda
04-02-12, 01:35 PM
https://picasaweb.google.com/113632054733965844071/April22012#5726894748365358866

I hope this works. This was the most recent problem pop-up I received. Before, it was always my neighbor brownies, and without a picture of croissants.

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af320/rakinsey99/pop.jpg

I tried to reply to you, but it seemingly didn't post. I'm not sure I know how to send a screen shot, but I might have figured it out and will maybe be able to do so tomorrow.

What I'm talking about is a yellow pop-up box, like the ones one otherwise gets whenever opening restaurant story. You know, the ones that say you've won x number of coins today and come back tomorrow to see what more you've won? This particular yellow pop-up box has a header that says, "Send Gift". In the body of the pop-up box is brownie id'd as the intended recipient with the little white box to the left of his/her id, such as one would typically see in a neighbor listing (but the gift/visit boxes are not included in this particular pop-up). Somewhere, maybe near the heading?, in black ink it indicates the gift to be given is croissants. At the bottom of the pop-up box is a button labeled "Send".

I'm sure I don't know how to post a screen shot in the forum, but I might be able to send one by e-mail tomorrow.

kooky panda
04-02-12, 01:44 PM
so you are saying that you are not going to your neighbor list and trying to send gifts, this just pop ups on it own?

marmento
04-02-12, 02:13 PM
yes. It pops up as one of the initial pop-ups one receives when entering the bakery. In this case, lolo is pre-checked as the intended recipient. That is probably because the previous time I entered my bakery panwad was pre-checked as the intended (and only) recipient.

All three are not terribly active players, but I wouldn't otherwise have deleted brownies, and I'm sorry I did.

kooky panda
04-02-12, 02:34 PM
I have flagged over to the CMs.

DaojinWildfire
04-02-12, 03:22 PM
yes. It pops up as one of the initial pop-ups one receives when entering the bakery. In this case, lolo is pre-checked as the intended recipient. That is probably because the previous time I entered my bakery panwad was pre-checked as the intended (and only) recipient.

All three are not terribly active players, but I wouldn't otherwise have deleted brownies, and I'm sorry I did.
Are you an active gifter? The pop-up is normal, it's basically a reminder to gift your neighbors. I'm just wondering if what triggers the pop-up, if the game determines the account has been inactive with gifting or something.

marmento
04-03-12, 03:15 PM
yes, I typically gift daily. However, what I gift varies from day to day. Even if i had gifted a part earlier, when i re-enter my bakery, I'm asked to gift croissants to one of these three less active neighbors.

When i gift, I tend to give the same gift that day to all my neighbors, unless one or the other had posted on my wall that they wanted something specific, such as a pink fuse or blue motor. I then try to issue that gift separately.

If anything, it would be these less active neighbors who have not sent a gift to me.

I do find this pop-up quite annoying....

marmento
04-03-12, 03:39 PM
let's take brownies as an example, because that was the pop-up that led to my initiating this thread and I remember his/her gift/tip history. I tried to gift and tip daily, as with all my other neighbors. On those days that I knew I would not have time to actually visit my neighbors, I would still try to send gifts.

Brownies became my neighbor in early November. Initially, brownies would issue gifts only, typically about once a week, and these would be food items, not parts. After a few weeks, brownies moved to not gifting, but leaving tips roughly once a week, and then on weekends. I stopped tracking neighbor activity a couple of months ago, but that perhaps gives you an indication of events.

DaojinWildfire
04-03-12, 05:26 PM
It's just a pop-up that reminds and recommends you to gift your neighbors. I'll suggest to the team for an option to disable this reminder pop-up.

marmento
04-03-12, 05:34 PM
thanks!

I don't think I'd seen this pop-up until the turn of the year, and then it was always croissants for brownies. I appreciate your help!

marmento
04-08-12, 04:47 PM
seemingly, they didn't accept disabling as an option. Now I'm receiving both the "x and 2 other neighbors"pop-up that others mentioned, which quickly fades, followed by the pop-up I mentioned. Perhaps the only fix available is to delete neighbor after neighbor from my neighbor list?