PDA

View Full Version : Strategies for Earning GOLD and XP

rionkimchi
03-17-12, 01:10 PM
PART 1 - Earning Gold from Animals

ANIMALS earn GOLD in varying amounts, depending on:

"base" amount of gold
# of animals (base-gold x #-animals = total gold)
whether the habitat has been upgraded once or twice (1 upgrade adds about the same gold as one animal)
whether it has been toured/photo'd (this adds 20 gold to the total)
collection frequency, base or theoretical
collection frequency, actual or realistic

Also, although animal habitats are all the same size, the size is a factor when comparing gold-earning of animals to gold-earning of attractions. Animals are 6x6, using the size of the smallest items as "1" (like a street-lamp, for example). In my posts, when gold or XP values are quoted, they are always "gold/XP per hour per square for ONE animal". Animals always are 36 squares. Again, this is not important when comparing animals with each other but it does matter when comparing animals to attractions. More on this later.

Let's look at a couple of examples.

(1) BEARs... they are theoretically the highest gold earning animal in the game: Bears earn 14 gold in 5 minutes, for a value of 14/(5/60)/36=4.67 gold per hour per square. However, you would have to sit right by your game and immediately collect from it every 5 minutes to achieve this. Can you?

(2) SLOTHs... they are the highest ranked gold earning animal from a realistic viewpoint. Sloths earn 1,052 gold in 7 hours, for a value of 1052/7/36=4.17. To achieve this you only have to collect every 7 hours. However, most people sleep for a little longer than this, or might have to work or go to school all day without playing, so even collecting every 7 hours might be unrealistic.

What is "realistic" for collection frequency? That's up to you. People playing the game "a lot" can probably collect every hour or two during the day, and ZERO at night while sleeping. So let's take a look at a third example that looks at "average" collection frequency...

(3) PUMAs... Pumas are the highest earner among animals that you can collect from every hour. They earn 100 gold per 1 hour, for a value of 100/1/36=2.78. But you can't sustain collecting EVERY hour. If you collected every hour during the day for 16 hours and then got 8 hours of sleep, you would collect 1700 total because you collect at hour "zero" and then every hour including at the end of hour 16, for a total of 17 times. This yields a value of 1700/24/36=1.96, somewhat lower than the theoretical of 2.78. If your collection frequency during the day drops to every 2 hours during the day, then you would have 1.04, and if it was every 3 hours during the day it would be 0.69, and so on.

This is why your actual, average collection frequecy is so important. If you collect every 2 hours during the day and only sleep 8 hours, then you collect 9 times in a day, which on average is every 24/9=2.67 hours.

If you go back to BEARS and SLOTHS, and assume a realistic collection frequency of 3 hours, now instead of 4.67 and 4.17 respectively, we have 0.13 for bears and 3.25 for sloths. And if you only can collect 3 times day = an average of every 8 hours, now you have 0.05 for bears and 3.65 for sloths. When you include "actual/realistic" collection times into the calculation, sloths remain ranked at the top and bears drop almost to dead last.

With this in mind, I usually calculate the gold-earning rankings across four average collection frequencies: 3, 6, 9 and 12 hours. Then I average the four rankings to get one overall ranking.

SO, here is the list ranking all the animals for gold earning (except for a few for which I have no data). The ones costing gems are highlighted in purple. Note, some animals not in purple still cost gems indirectly, in that a parent costs gems or they are unlocked by a task/goal/collection that takes gems.

Sloth
Jack Rabbit
Cobra
Gila Monster
Jackalope
Mountain Goat
Frilled Neck Lizard
Wildebeest
Big Horned Sheep
Giant Anteater
Orangutan
Flying Monkey
Tasmanian Wolf
Panther
Gharial
Manx Sheep
Gray Wolf
Puma
Harpy Eagle
Puffin
Honduran White Bat
Arctic Fox
Albino Python
Owl
Wombat
Persian Chinchilla
Harp Seal
Red Kneed Tarantula
Fennec Fox
Flamingo
Lunar Dragon
Vampire Bat
Capuchin Monkey
Mammoth
Civet
Impala
Toucan
Meerkat
Irish Elk
Rhino
Leprechaun Panda
Buffalo
Horned Toad
Minotaur
African Wild Dog
Hyena
Capybara
Coati
Flying Frog
Clydesdale
Caribou
Ringtail Lemur
Iguana
Mandrill
Liger
Kangaroo
Warthog
Bald Eagle
Dingo
Tree Frog
Scarlet Macaw
Walrus
Irish Bullfrog
Polar Bear
Giraffe
Camel
Golden Lion Tamarin
African Vulture
Zebra
Crowned Crane
Sugar Glider
Llama
Slow Loris
Sea Lion
Ruffed Lemur
Penguin
Porcupine
Rainbow Toucan
Armadillo
Snow Owls (Winter Box)
Unicorn
White-Tailed Deer
Bush Baby
Skunk
Bottlenose Dolphin
Spectacled Bear
Golden Pheasant
Tiger
Moose
Shamrock Gorilla
Red Shanked Duac
Peregrin Falcon
Okapi
Chimpanzee
Tasmanian Devil
Rattlesnake
Leopard Gecko
Flying Fox
Ringtail Mongoose
Silverback Gorilla
Red Fox
Koala
Turtle
Giant Tortoise
Coin Mouse
Hippo
Crocodile
Jaguar
Ostrich
Gryphon
Bear
Coyote
Barn Owl
Ermine
Snow Leopard
Lynx
California Condor
Peacock
Panda
Sea Otter
Scarlet Ibis
Elephant
Lion
Naked Mole Rat
Arabian Horse

NO DATA

Shamrock Turtle.... (locked by goal)
Clouded Leopard.... = Jaguar + Snow Leopard; may cost gems?
Lucky Bear........... = Shamrock Gorilla + Bear
Red Panda........... = Red Fox + Panda
Platypus.............. = Sea Otter + Flamingo
Tree Kangaroo..... = Kangaroo + Capuchin Monkey
Cheetah .............. = Gray Wolf + Snow Leopard
Kirin..................... Far East Box
Mandarin Duck...... Far East Box
Racoon Dog.......... Far East Box
Cerberus............... Monster Box
Ghost.................... Monster Box
Imp...................... Monster Box
Werewolf.............. Monster Box
Snow Fairies......... Winter Box
Snowman............. Winter Box
Snowshoe Hare..... Winter Box
Yeti...................... Winter Box

PART 2 - Earning Gold from Attractions

The variables that effect attractions' gold-earning are:

"base" amount of gold
whether it has been toured/photo'd (this adds 20 gold to the total)
collection frequency
size

The new variable vs. animals is size. Attractions are either 2x2, 2x4, 4x4 or 6x6.

Size = 4 squares:

- Cotton Candy Stand
- Ice Cream Stand
- Hot Dog Stand
- Popcorn Stand

Size = 8 squares:

- Sandwich Stand

Size = 16 squares:

- Gift Shop
- Botanical Center
- Pizza Parlor
- Caf?
- Nursery
- First Aid
- Recycle Center
- Shamrock Diner (this is a guess)
- Face Paint Booth

Size = 36 squares:

- Dino Ride
- Octopus Carousel
- Ferris Wheel
- Carousel

You can then calculate the gold per hour per square across various "realistic" collection times and rank them as a group, or compare them to animals. The ranking of attractions is:

Cotton Candy Stand
Ice Cream Stand
Dino Ride
Gift Shop
Sandwich Stand
Hot Dog Stand
Popcorn Stand
Botanical Center
Octopus Carousel
Pizza Parlor
Nursery
Caf?
First Aid
Recycle Center
Shamrock Diner
Ferris Wheel
Face Paint Booth
Carousel

A lot of people, at first, include extra hot dog or popcorn stands in their zoo, because they theoretically earn the most gold, but you don't have to miss very many collections and very quickly the ice cream stands beat them. Cotton Candy stands are better but cost gems whereas ice cream stands are cheap at only 35 gold each... and you earn this back on your third collection.

Now, since 9 ice cream stands fit into the same space as 1 animal, we can compare them (or any attraction) vs. the animals to see which we should place into the limited space we have in our zoos. If you collect (on average) every 2 hours, then only sloths and jack rabbits beat ice cream if you have ONE animal. If you collect only twice a day or every 12 hours, then a few more animals (again, ONE animal) beat ice cream: Sloth, Gila Monster, Jack Rabbit, Jackalope, Cobra, Flying Monkey, Gharial, Wildebeest, Big Horned Sheep, Frilled Neck Lizard, Orangutan, Mountain Goat, Manx Sheep, and Honduran White Bat.

However if you have FOUR animals and a "middle" collection frequency, then you have a longer list of animals that beat the haul from ice cream. So, the comparison ranking between attractions and animals is very dependent on # of animals and collection time.

With this in mind, here is a list of animals that should "normally" beat ice cream stands, assuming 4 animals for the less expensive or lower breeding time animals, and 2 animals for the more expensive or long breeding time animals. I am including 33 because this is 3 "rows" or "columns" of 11 animals in your zoo.

Sloth
Jack Rabbit
Gila Monster
Cobra
Flying Monkey
Giant Anteater
Jackalope
Tasmanian Wolf
Orangutan
Manx Sheep
Gray Wolf
Arctic Fox
Frilled Neck Lizard
Mountain Goat
Puffin
Harpy Eagle
Wildebeest
Big Horned Sheep
Harp Seal
Albino Python
Fennec Fox
Gharial
Puma
Rhino
Capuchin Monkey
Leprechaun Panda
Hyena
Mammoth
Horned Toad
African Wild Dog
Iguana
Honduran White Bat
Kangaroo

Using the above information, you could set up your zoo for absolute maximum gold earning... place the 33 animals listed above in a tight grouping on the top or right (so they don't hide anything behind them), and then fill the entire remaining space with literally hundreds of ice cream stands. When you tour high level zoos you will see some of them are set up like this, including mine. We're not crazy we're just trying to get gold faster! Personally I have four columns of animals (44) to make collecting a little easier, to have room for the animals in my nursery or lab, and/or I include some of the next few in the ranking which are:

Caribou
Scarlet Macaw
Bald Eagle
Tree Frog
Polar Bear
Walrus
Persian Chinchilla
Zebra
Crowned Crane
Wombat
Giraffe

A zoo like this - - I'll use mine as the example - - will have 23x35+2x12=829 ice cream stands, yielding 13,264 in gold every time it is fully collected. Collecting an average of 4 times a day, to be conservative, yields 53,000 gold. Then from the 44 animals I get about 64,000 a day. So my zoo generates an income of about 120,000 gold per day. I tend to focus my breeding on the high earning animals that breed in the shortest amount of time, unless there's some other task that needs finishing. That way my zoo earns more gold faster so I can then fill in the expensive animals like the sloths, jack rabbits, etc.

With patience and persistence you will have no shortage of gold. At one time, while I was breeding the sloths that take 7 days each, I had over 1.5 million. I am not trying to brag, I am just trying to encourage you to use these strategies to get more gold because they really do work !!

PART 3 - Earning XP from Animals

Fewer variables affect how much XP that animals earn:

"base" amount of XP
whether it has been toured/photo'd (this adds 1 XP to the total)
collection frequency (realistic or average, as usual)
# of animals does not affect XP

Since XP generation is less critical - - does not hold you back as much as the lack of gold - - we don't need as much complexity in generating the list of the best animals for XP. But we still calculate XP per hour per square, and I have used an average collection frequency of about 3 to 4 times a day. Many of the top ranked animals earn 10 XP (the max) as you'd expect, but because of collection frequency, some that earn less end up ranked. Anyway, here is the list:

Cobra
Giant Anteater
Frilled Neck Lizard
Mountain Goat
Harp Seal
Rhino
Lunar Dragon
Panther
Sloth
** Flying Frog
Arctic Fox
Hyena
Leprechaun Panda
Persian Chinchilla
** Red Shanked Duac
** Unicorn
** White-Tailed Deer
** Liger
Gila Monster
Flying Monkey
Jackalope
Gray Wolf
Puffin
Albino Python
Gharial
Horned Toad
Iguana
Scarlet Macaw
Polar Bear
** Zebra
** Bottlenose Dolphin
Buffalo
Minotaur
Clydesdale
Owl
Flamingo
Dingo
Jack Rabbit
Impala
Coati
Vampire Bat
Toucan
Leopard Gecko
Mandrill

Many of these animals are fortunately also high gold earners. This is another reason we don't need as much complexity in the calculations for which animals are the best XP earners. However, I have highlighted above with a double asterisk (**) those animals that are not as highly ranked for gold that do earn the most XP.

You can use your judgement on whether to place these animals into the limited space of your zoo. In my case, I didn't worry much about leveling up fast, because gold or waiting for the nursery/lab to finish, have pretty much always been my limiting factors. I eventually reached the max level of 30, then they updated to max=35 and added some animals, then they raised the max again to 40 but have added no animals for levels 36-40 (yet??).

PART 4 - Earning XP from Attractions - - "BONUS XP"

Attractions and now two of the new St. Patricks Day decorations, award bonus XP when purchased. This provides a way to "convert" gold into XP. You can buy multiple items and then either store them or sell them, and use the bonus XP to more quickly bump you up in levels.

If you do this you want the lowest "gold per XP" ratio, the values of which are included in the list below. The two new decorations now rank at the top of this list, replacing the former leader, the CAROUSEL:

Shamrock Plant....... only 3.5 gold per bonus XP
Pot of Gold ............. 6.0
Carousel................ 8.1
Recycle Center....... 8.8
Botanical Center...... 16.0
Ice Cream Stand..... 17.5
First Aid.................. 18.1
Cafe....................... 19.0
Gift Shop................ 20.0
Hot Dog Stand........ 35.0
Popcorn Stand........ 35.0
Sandwich Stand...... 55.0
Pizza Parlor............. 0.2 gem
Cotton Candy Stand. 0.5 gem
Shamrock Diner....... 0.9 gem
Dino Ride................ 3.3 gem
Ferris Wheel............ 3.3 gem
Octopus Carousel..... 3.8 gem
Nursery................... 7.1 gem

==================================================
With these strategies I hope you gain more enjoyment from your zoo.

Feel free to add me as a neighbor if you'd like. Every now and then I delete any neighbors with "zero hearts" (zero social rating) so only add me if you plan on touring & gifting to your neighbors. Thanks !
==================================================

ENJOY,
Storm8 ID = rionkimchi
:) :) :)

rionkimchi
03-21-12, 10:42 AM
It occured to me that since you can convert gold to XP (at a ratio of 3:5 to 1 via buying shamrock plants), that a combined ranking can be devised:

{XP+Gold} = XP + (Gold)/3.5

where as always each variable has the units ___ per hour per square, and for the current attractions XP=0.

Since the prior post I have also expanded the number of different collection frequencies across which the average is calculated: now spanning from an average of every 2 hours (12X per day) to 12 hours (2X per day), and each 1 hour interval in between.

The "top 50" list below shows, from left to right
(a) the GOLD ONLY ranking
(b) the new combined Gold+XP ranking
(c) the animal
(d) the combined value, to show the 'magnitude' (e.g. sloth is ~60% better, not just slightly better, than jack rabbit)

Note the animals that are not ranked in the "gold only" top 50 or so, but then move well up in the ranking when XP is combined. The animal that moved up the most # of slots is the RHINO.

(1) (1) Sloth 6.00
(2) (2) Jack Rabbit 3.74
(4) (3) Cobra 3.12
(3) (4) Gila Monster 2.77
(6) (5) Mountain Goat 2.65
(n/a) (n/a) Cotton Candy Stand 2.48
(29) (6) Rhino 2.17
(7) (7) Frilled Neck Lizard 2.13
(5) (8) Jackalope 2.12
(21) (9) Harp Seal 1.94
(14) (10) Giant Anteater 1.94
(19) (11) Arctic Fox 1.76
(9) (12) Flying Monkey 1.68
(31) (13) Hyena 1.63
(15) (14) Gharial 1.52
(24) (15) Persian Chinchilla 1.43
(8) (16) Wildebeest 1.43
(25) (17) Puffin 1.41
(27) (18) Albino Python 1.39
(12) (19) Puma 1.36
(10) (20) Tasmanian Wolf 1.35
(11) (21) Big Horned Sheep 1.33
(16) (22) Panther 1.31
(13) (23) Orangutan 1.29
(28) (24) Civet 1.27
(23) (25) Owl 1.27
___ (26) Flying Frog 1.26
(17) (27) Gray Wolf 1.23
(n/a) (n/a) Ice Cream Stand 1.20
(37) (28) Leprechaun Panda 1.20
(32) (29) Red Kneed Tarantula 1.14
(18) (30) Manx Sheep 1.11
(42) (31) Iguana 1.10
(20) (32) Harpy Eagle 1.06
(33) (33) Lunar Dragon 1.06
(38) (34) Buffalo 1.05
(52) (35) Dingo 1.04
___ (36) Unicorn 1.03
(34) (37) Flamingo 1.01
___ (38) Polar Bear 0.97
(51) (39) Minotaur 0.92
___ (40) White-Tailed Deer 0.90
(44) (41) Capuchin Monkey 0.90
(26) (42) Fennec Fox 0.89
(22) (43) Honduran White Bat 0.88
(40) (44) Vampire Bat 0.88
(30) (45) Mammoth 0.88
(43) (46) Impala 0.86
(41) (47) Bald Eagle 0.86
(47) (48) Horned Toad 0.86
(35) (49) Wombat 0.85
(45) (50) Toucan 0.85

Enjoy,
Storm8 ID = rionkimchi

helloanya
04-11-12, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the info!!!

rionkimchi
04-13-12, 07:56 AM
With the addition of some new animals and attractions I figured we were due for an update.

ATTRACTIONS

Cotton Candy Stand retains the #1 spot.

The new Pirate Ship costs a whopping 65 gems but is well ranked (#2) for earning gold. I do not know what size it is, so for now I have assumed it is 4x4=16. Some of the other "rides" are bigger meaning 6x6=36, so if 36 turns out to be the right size it will decrease the pirate ship's ranking to about equal to the Dino Ride.

The other new items, Bunny House, Bunny Coaster, Shamrock Diner and Face Paint Booth are all ranked lower than old faithful, the Ice Cream Stand.

I am including the data on the average gold per hour per square, so you can see the relative difference between the items. For example, cotton candy earns (on average) 1.58/0.87-100%=80% more than the pirate ship.

As explained in prior posts, the averages are calculated across various collection frequencies: specifically every 2 hours (12X per day) through every 12 hours (2X per day) inclusive.

Cotton Candy Stand 1.58
Pirate Ship 0.87
Ice Cream Stand 0.76
Sandwich Stand 0.50
Dino Ride 0.39
Hot Dog Stand 0.38
Popcorn Stand 0.38
Gift Shop 0.36
Octopus Carousel 0.35
Botanical Center 0.30
Bunny House 0.30
Caf? 0.24
Pizza Parlor 0.23
Face Paint Booth 0.22
First Aid 0.22
Nursery 0.18
Recycle Center 0.16
Shamrock Diner 0.13
Ferris Wheel 0.08
Bunny Coaster 0.06
Carousel 0.05

ANIMALS

{ ... Note - - still missing data on some animals, see below... }

The one new animal worth specifically mentioning, is the BLACK FOX. It is a decent gold-earner, as it should be considering one of them costs 64,000 gold. From the St. Patricks Day update we got the Leprechaun Panda and the Shamrock Turtle that are also fairly well ranked. Except for these 3 animals, you have to dig pretty deep into the rankings to find the others.

For animals it continues to be difficult to have one "definitive" ranking, because of all the variables, mainly how many you have (and whether the habitat is upgraded) and how often you collect. Especially if you're trying to max out on gold and deciding which animals to put in your zoo vs. ice cream stands.

As explained before, the amount of gold you earn from ONE animal can be multiplied by the number of them you have. Having upgraded quite a few habitats, I have also noticed that each of the two upgrades adds *about* the same gold as what one animal does. In other words, a habitat upgraded once has a gold earning factor of 5 instead of 4, and upgraded twice (completed) has a factor of 6. This is NOT exact but it is pretty close. If you use the same factor for all animals then, when ranking just the animals, which factor you use doesn't matter. However it does matter if you're trying to compare attractions vs. animals.

So, assuming you might want to make your own list, with how many animals YOU have, this next list shows the average gold per hour per square of ONE animal. Note this next ranking is only for gold, not for {gold+XP} as in the prior post.

Sloth , 3.18
Jack Rabbit , 2.03
Gila Monster , 1.36
Cobra , 1.25
Jackalope , 0.94
... the Ice Cream Stand is ranked here vs. 1 animal
Mountain Goat , 0.70
Frilled Neck Lizard , 0.63
Wildebeest , 0.59
Flying Monkey , 0.59
Tasmanian Wolf , 0.56
Big Horned Sheep , 0.55
Puma , 0.53
Orangutan , 0.51
Giant Anteater , 0.50
Gharial , 0.48
Panther , 0.47
Gray Wolf , 0.42
Manx Sheep , 0.42
Arctic Fox , 0.40
Harpy Eagle , 0.38
... the Ice Cream Stand is ranked here vs. 2 animals
Harp Seal , 0.34
Honduran White Bat , 0.33
Owl , 0.32
Persian Chinchilla , 0.32
Puffin , 0.30
Fennec Fox , 0.30
Albino Python , 0.28
Civet , 0.28
Rhino , 0.27
Mammoth , 0.26
... the Ice Cream Stand is ranked here vs. 3 animals
Hyena , 0.25
Red Kneed Tarantula , 0.25
Lunar Dragon , 0.24
Flamingo , 0.23
Wombat , 0.23
Kangaroo , 0.23
Leprechaun Panda , 0.23
Black Fox , 0.22 <------ NEW
Buffalo , 0.22
Shamrock Turtle , 0.22
Vampire Bat , 0.22
Bald Eagle , 0.21
Iguana , 0.21
Impala , 0.20
Capuchin Monkey , 0.20
Toucan , 0.20
... the Ice Cream Stand is ranked here vs. 4 animals
Meerkat , 0.19
Horned Toad , 0.18
African Wild Dog , 0.18
Warthog , 0.18
Irish Elk , 0.18
Minotaur , 0.18
Dingo , 0.18
Clydesdale , 0.17
Coati , 0.17
Capybara , 0.17
Polar Bear , 0.17
Flying Frog , 0.17
Ringtail Lemur , 0.16
Caribou , 0.16
Liger , 0.16
Mandrill , 0.16
Scarlet Macaw , 0.16
... the Ice Cream Stand is ranked about here vs. a habitat upgraded once
Irish Bullfrog , 0.15
Camel , 0.15
African Vulture , 0.15
Golden Lion Tamarin , 0.15
Tree Frog , 0.15
Walrus , 0.14
Porcupine , 0.14
Snow Owls , 0.13
... the Ice Cream Stand is ranked about here vs. a completed habitat
Bottlenose Dolphin , 0.13
Sugar Glider , 0.13
Zebra , 0.13
Crowned Crane , 0.13
Giraffe , 0.12
Slow Loris , 0.12
Okapi , 0.12
Unicorn , 0.12
Penguin , 0.12
Llama , 0.12
Spectacled Bear , 0.12
Sea Lion , 0.11
Ruffed Lemur , 0.11
Rainbow Toucan , 0.11
Peregrin Falcon , 0.11
Red Shanked Duac , 0.11
Armadillo , 0.11
White-Tailed Deer , 0.10
Skunk , 0.10
Bush Baby , 0.10
Golden Pheasant , 0.10
Moose , 0.09
Yak , 0.09
Spring Bunny , 0.09
Tiger , 0.09
Shamrock Gorilla , 0.09
Fossa , 0.09
Turtle , 0.08
Koala , 0.08
Leopard Gecko , 0.08
Rattlesnake , 0.08
Silverback Gorilla , 0.08
Chimpanzee , 0.08
White-tailed Rabbit , 0.08
Bullfrog , 0.08
Tasmanian Devil , 0.08
Flying Dragon , 0.08
Jaguar , 0.08
Hippo , 0.08
Crocodile , 0.08
Red Fox , 0.08
Ringtail Mongoose , 0.08
Flying Fox , 0.08
Coin Mouse , 0.08
Giant Tortoise , 0.07
Coyote , 0.07
Bear , 0.07
Barn Owl , 0.07
Axolotl , 0.07
Gryphon , 0.07
Ostrich , 0.07
Snow Leopard , 0.06
Howler Monkey , 0.06
Lynx , 0.05
Peacock , 0.05
Panda , 0.05
Sea Otter , 0.05
Ermine , 0.05
California Condor , 0.05
Scarlet Ibis , 0.04
Clouded Leopard , 0.04
Lion , 0.04
Elephant , 0.04
Naked Mole Rat , 0.03
Arabian Horse , 0.03

Remember this is the average gold earned from collection frequencies of every 2 hours through every 12 hours (about every 6 to 8 hours, as an overall average). If you collect more often it will cause the animals and attractions with shorter collection times to rise in the rankings. Here is an example... IF you could collect every hour 24 hours a day, and had all completed habitats, the ranking would become:

Sloth
Puma
Jack Rabbit
... the Ice Cream Stand is ranked about here vs. 2 animals
Cobra
Gila Monster
Mountain Goat
Hyena
Kangaroo
Jackalope
Tasmanian Wolf
Frilled Neck Lizard
Camel
Golden Lion Tamarin
Flying Monkey
Wildebeest
Rhino
Giant Anteater
... the Ice Cream Stand is ranked about here vs. a completed habitat

NEED DATA

Cheetah
Tree Kangaroo
Platypus
Kirin
Mandarin Duck
Racoon Dog
Cerberus
Ghost
Imp
Werewolf
Wendigo
Snow Fairies
Snowman
Snowshoe Hare
Yeti
Lucky Bear
Pangolin
Red Panda

In my zoo, I have finally finished breeding and completely upgrading the most expensive animals (sloth, jack rabbit, jackalope), so gold has become a non-issue. With about 1.5 million in the bank, and nothing to do with it, it was tiresome to collect from the hundreds of ice cream stands, so I have been removing them and adding more animals, simply because it's faster to collect and generates XP in case of a future expansion in # of levels. However, with my level maxed at 40, I didn't really need to focus on XP generation either. So in my case it seemed best to focus on the combined {Gold+XP} ranking as outlined in the prior post, where in theory you can "convert" XP at [1XP=3.5G] via the Shamrock Plant. With this in mind, here is the latest ranking of combined {Gold+XP}... assuming every animal habitat has been completed (x6).

Sloth
Jack Rabbit
Gila Monster
Cobra
Jackalope
Mountain Goat
Frilled Neck Lizard
Wildebeest
Flying Monkey
Tasmanian Wolf
Big Horned Sheep
Puma
Orangutan
Giant Anteater
Gharial
Panther
Gray Wolf
Manx Sheep
Arctic Fox
Harpy Eagle
Harp Seal
Honduran White Bat
Owl
Persian Chinchilla
Puffin
Fennec Fox
Albino Python
Civet
Rhino
Cotton Candy Stand
Mammoth
Hyena
Red Kneed Tarantula
Lunar Dragon
Flamingo
Wombat
Kangaroo
Leprechaun Panda
Black Fox
Buffalo
Shamrock Turtle
Vampire Bat
Bald Eagle
Iguana
Impala
Capuchin Monkey
Toucan
Meerkat
Horned Toad
African Wild Dog
Warthog
Irish Elk
Minotaur
Dingo
Clydesdale
Coati
Capybara
Polar Bear
Flying Frog
Ringtail Lemur
Caribou
Liger
Mandrill
Scarlet Macaw
Irish Bullfrog
Camel
African Vulture
Golden Lion Tamarin
Tree Frog
Walrus
Porcupine
Snow Owls
Bottlenose Dolphin
Ice Cream Stand
Sugar Glider
Zebra
Crowned Crane
Giraffe
Slow Loris
Okapi
Unicorn
Penguin
Llama
Spectacled Bear
Sea Lion
Ruffed Lemur
Rainbow Toucan
Peregrin Falcon
Red Shanked Duac
Armadillo
White-Tailed Deer
Skunk
Bush Baby
Golden Pheasant
Moose
Yak
Spring Bunny
Tiger
Shamrock Gorilla
Fossa
Turtle
Koala
Leopard Gecko
Rattlesnake
Silverback Gorilla
Chimpanzee
White-tailed Rabbit
Bullfrog
Tasmanian Devil
Flying Dragon
Jaguar
Hippo
Crocodile
Red Fox
Ringtail Mongoose
Flying Fox
Coin Mouse
Giant Tortoise
Coyote
Bear
Barn Owl
Axolotl
Gryphon
Ostrich
Snow Leopard
Howler Monkey
Lynx
Peacock
Panda
Sea Otter
Ermine
California Condor
Scarlet Ibis
Clouded Leopard
Lion
Elephant
Naked Mole Rat
Arabian Horse

ENJOY,
Storm8 ID = rionkimchi

rionkimchi
04-15-12, 02:59 PM
Here is another way to look at the gold-earning of animals... what if you have limited gold, then which ones should you buy first? If you're in this dilemna, then you'll want the animals that earn you back, the gold you spend on them, the fastest. You'll also want them to earn a lot of gold for the space they occupy. In other words, you want a short pay-back time and a high return on investment.

Here are two examples:
(1) The ice cream stand costs 35 gold and earns 16 per hour, so on the third collection you will have earned more than what you spent (48). If you collect "on average" every 6 hours, then it takes 12 hours (technically if you just bought it you would collect at the end of hour #1, then #7 and then #13)... or ~0.5 days to pay back your investment. That's pretty fast, and if you were right there at your device you could shorten this to 3 hours (collecting at the end of hour #1, then 2 & 3). Then, remember you can fit 9 of them into the same space as one animal habitat... so as you have read in prior posts their gold-earning rank is pretty high.

(2) The Jackalope when I bred them cost 287,700 gold (TL is infamous for changing the costs and times in ZS2, so it may be different now). From ONE jackalope you earn 484 gold every 12 hours so you can earn 968 gold each day if you "never miss" a collection. If there was a day you did miss a collection, then your average collected per day would drop. The way I have been calculating overall average collection times, I do factor this in, and the number I calculate is 811 gold per day on average. At that rate it would take 355 days to pay back your initial investment, which is the worst in the game. OUCH! Only get a jackalope if you really want one, not for the gold !!

OK, so which animals earn a lot of gold for the space they occupy, yet have a low payback time?
Well, since you asked...

1) Tasmanian Wolf
2) Mammoth
3) Ice Cream Stand

Only the above two animals have a shorter payback time and earn more gold than the 9 ice cream stands you'd put into the same space. However, if you're going to get a pair of animals then get these next two which on average earn more than 9 ice cream stands:

4) Gray Wolf (payback ~2 days)
5) Harpy Eagle (payback ~10 days)

If you can breed babies to get four of them, then these next animals have relatively short payback times and will earn you more than 9 ice cream stands:

6) Persian Chinchilla
7) Puffin
8) Fennec Fox
9) Civet
10) Rhino
11) Hyena
12) Kangaroo
13) Leprechaun Panda
14) Buffalo
15) Shamrock Turtle
16) Bald Eagle
17) Iguana
18) Capuchin Monkey

Next, here is a list of the shortest payback times, all less than 10 days, whether or not they earn more than ice cream stands. The approximate payback time in days, is also listed:

Tasmanian Wolf , 0.2
Mammoth , 0.3
Ice Cream Stand , 0.5
Crocodile , 0.8
Fennec Fox , 1.2
Kangaroo , 1.8
Bear , 1.9
Gray Wolf , 2.1
Elephant , 2.2
Rhino , 2.2
Puffin , 2.3
African Vulture , 2.3
Persian Chinchilla , 2.5
Polar Bear , 2.7
Koala , 2.7
Lion , 2.8
Tree Frog , 3.0
Leprechaun Panda , 3.1
Buffalo , 3.1
Hippo , 3.2
Porcupine , 3.4
Okapi , 4.3
Ringtail Lemur , 5.1
Ostrich , 5.3
Bush Baby , 5.3
Zebra , 5.5
Spectacled Bear , 6.0
Irish Bullfrog , 6.1
Walrus , 6.3
Skunk , 7.1
Shamrock Turtle , 7.4
Bald Eagle , 8.2
Turtle , 8.2
Giraffe , 8.4
Capuchin Monkey , 8.6
Red Fox , 8.8
Sea Lion , 9.2
Shamrock Gorilla , 9.9

Lastly, which animals are the worst, taking the longest to payback your investment? On the list of payback times >60 days, we unfortunately have many of our highest gold-earners. Once you finally pay back the investment, then they are the best to have in your zoo because they generate the most gold. {Not all of them on this list... for example the yak has a pretty low ranking for earning gold and a high payback time. Makes one want to "yak", no? } Anyway, these next animals should be acquired only after you've spammed ice cream stands for a while and gold is less of an issue.

Jackalope , 354.6
Black Fox , 334.3
Jack Rabbit , 225.4
Orangutan , 212.2
Honduran White Bat , 170.4
Manx Sheep , 164.3
Sloth , 132.6
Wildebeest , 120.6
Impala , 117.8
Mountain Goat , 111.1
Gharial , 108.0
Fossa , 91.2
Albino Python , 86.7
Yak , 78.5
Frilled Neck Lizard , 77.6
Flying Frog , 75.2
Big Horned Sheep , 73.1
Gila Monster , 72.1
Minotaur , 64.8
Ermine , 61.8

ENJOY,
Storm8 ID = rionkimchi

dlp44
04-26-12, 12:42 AM
rionkimchi,

Thank you for all of your hard work in gathering all of this data and also putting it to good use! I sent you a PM a week or so ago. I saw that you said you would e-mail your spreadsheet to people if asked. Would you mind sending it to me? I'm sending you my address via PM. Thanks again!

rionkimchi
04-29-12, 06:29 PM
i saw that you said you would e-mail your spreadsheet to people if asked. Would you mind sending it to me? I'm sending you my address via pm. Thanks again!

sent !

mattyboo1
04-29-12, 06:31 PM
Wow you worked really hard on this

rionkimchi
05-14-12, 11:35 AM
With the updates and some missing data having been provided by helpful forum members, it's time for an updated ranking.

Following the methods I have explained previously, here is an updated ranking of GOLD earning. This is not the combined {Gold+XP} ranking, just gold.

Sloth
Kirin
Jack Rabbit
Gila Monster
Cobra
Jackalope
9 Ice Cream Stands vs. 1 animal
Mountain Goat
Werewolf
Frilled Neck Lizard
Wildebeest
Flying Monkey
Tasmanian Wolf
Big Horned Sheep
Puma
Orangutan
Giant Anteater
Gharial
Panther
Gray Wolf
Manx Sheep
Beaver
Arctic Fox
Harpy Eagle
9 Ice Cream Stands vs. 2 animals
Harp Seal
Honduran White Bat
Owl
Persian Chinchilla
Puffin
Fennec Fox
Albino Python
Civet
Rhino
Mammoth
Cassowary
9 Ice Cream Stands vs. 3 animals
Hyena
Red Kneed Tarantula
Platypus
Poison Dart Frog
Lunar Dragon
Flamingo
Wombat
Kangaroo
Leprechaun Panda
Black Fox
Buffalo
Shamrock Turtle
Vampire Bat
Bald Eagle
Iguana
Impala
Capuchin Monkey
Toucan
9 Ice Cream Stands vs. 4 animals
Meerkat
Horned Toad
African Wild Dog
Warthog
Irish Elk
Minotaur
Dingo
Clydesdale
Coati
Ghost
Capybara
Polar Bear
Flying Frog
Ringtail Lemur
Tundra Reindeer
Caribou
Hoopoe
Liger
Mandrill
Scarlet Macaw
9 Ice Cream Stands vs. Habitat Upgraded ONCE
Irish Bullfrog
Camel
African Vulture
Golden Lion Tamarin
Tree Frog
Walrus
Porcupine
Snow Owls
9 Ice Cream Stands vs. Completed Habitat, Upgraded TWICE
Yeti
Bottlenose Dolphin
Sugar Glider
Zebra
Crowned Crane
Giraffe
Racoon Dog
Slow Loris
Okapi
Alpaca
Unicorn
Penguin
Kakapo
Llama
Spectacled Bear
Sea Lion
Mandarin Duck
Ruffed Lemur
Rainbow Toucan
Pangolin
Cheetah
Peregrin Falcon
Red Shanked Duac
Armadillo
White-Tailed Deer
Bush Baby
Skunk
Golden Pheasant
River Otter
Moose
Yak
Spring Bunny
Tiger
Shamrock Gorilla
Fossa
Turtle
Koala
Leopard Gecko
Rattlesnake
Silverback Gorilla
Chimpanzee
White-tailed Rabbit
Bullfrog
Tasmanian Devil
Aardvark
Flying Dragon
Jaguar
Crocodile
Hippo
Red Fox
Ringtail Mongoose
Flying Fox
Coin Mouse
Giant Tortoise
Coyote
Bear
Red Panda
Barn Owl
Axolotl
Gryphon
Ostrich
Coconut Crab
Snow Leopard
Howler Monkey
Lynx
Imp
Peacock
Panda
Sea Otter
Ermine
California Condor
Scarlet Ibis
Clouded Leopard
Elephant
Lion
Naked Mole Rat
Arabian Horse

As also explained in prior posts, if you assume you will convert gold to XP, then the combined {Gold+XP} ranking is:

Sloth
Kirin
Jack Rabbit
Cobra
Gila Monster
Mountain Goat
Rhino
Frilled Neck Lizard
Jackalope
Harp Seal
Giant Anteater
Beaver
Werewolf
Arctic Fox
Flying Monkey
Hyena
Gharial
Persian Chinchilla
Wildebeest
Puffin
Albino Python
Puma
Tasmanian Wolf
Big Horned Sheep
Panther
Civet
Orangutan
Flying Frog
Owl
Gray Wolf
Leprechaun Panda
Red Kneed Tarantula
Manx Sheep
Iguana
Poison Dart Frog
Lunar Dragon
Harpy Eagle
Buffalo
Dingo
Unicorn
Flamingo
Polar Bear
Cassowary
Minotaur
White-Tailed Deer
Capuchin Monkey
Fennec Fox
Vampire Bat
Honduran White Bat
Mammoth
Impala
Horned Toad
Bald Eagle
Wombat
Toucan
Liger
Black Fox
Tundra Reindeer
Scarlet Macaw
Coati
Meerkat
Okapi
Zebra
Platypus
Shamrock Turtle
Camel
African Vulture
Mandrill
Hoopoe
Bottlenose Dolphin
Cheetah
Kangaroo
Peregrin Falcon
Capybara
Leopard Gecko
Porcupine
Irish Bullfrog
Coyote
Moose
Rainbow Toucan
Ringtail Lemur
Slow Loris
Giant Tortoise
Kakapo
Snow Owls
Sea Lion
African Wild Dog
Irish Elk
Gryphon
Caribou
Clydesdale
Armadillo
Chimpanzee
Spectacled Bear
Jaguar
Silverback Gorilla
Golden Pheasant
Spring Bunny
Shamrock Gorilla
Rattlesnake
Penguin
Giraffe
Sugar Glider
Bullfrog
Tiger
Peacock
Panda
Sea Otter
Walrus
Fossa
Crowned Crane
River Otter
Red Panda
Yak
Ringtail Mongoose
Golden Lion Tamarin
White-tailed Rabbit
Aardvark
Flying Dragon
Coin Mouse
Barn Owl
Tasmanian Devil
Bush Baby
Skunk
Llama
Red Shanked Duac
Tree Frog
Axolotl
Ostrich
Howler Monkey
Flying Fox
Turtle
Koala
Crocodile
Hippo
Snow Leopard
Bear
Coconut Crab
Lynx
Ruffed Lemur
Scarlet Ibis
Ermine
Elephant
Lion
Arabian Horse
Red Fox
California Condor
Naked Mole Rat
Clouded Leopard

Keep in mind we are missing data on the following animals:

Animal, Cost (1 adult), Collect Time, XP, Gold (1 animal)

Warthog , ____ , 600 , __ , 78
Ghost , 24 gem , 720 , __ , 89
Yeti , 24 gem , 360 , __ , 37
Racoon Dog , 24 gem , 45 , __ , 23
Alpaca , 26,000 , 1,200 , __ , 95
Mandarin Duck , 24 gem , 360 , __ , 33
Pangolin , 22 gem , 360 , __ , 31
Imp , 24 gem , 600 , __ , 23
Kiwi , 4,860 , ____ , __ , __
Leopard Seal , 14,000 , 540 , __ , __
Lucky Bear , 22 gem , 1,320 , __ , __
Sitatunga , 26,000 , 720 , __ , __
Tree Kangaroo , 42 gem , 720 , __ , __
Cerberus , 24 gem , ____ , __ , __
Wendigo , 24 gem , ____ , __ , __
Snow Fairies , 24 gem , ____ , __ , __
Snowman , 24 gem , ____ , __ , __
Snowshoe Hare , 24 gem , ____ , __ , __

P.S. mystery box animals are listed as 24 gems but usually the second adult and baby cost a different amount.

ENJOY,
Storm8 ID = rionkimchi

awesomezoo419
06-10-12, 04:20 PM
Cool thanks for the list.

rionkimchi
07-03-12, 03:16 PM
I have updated the "shared spreadsheet" created by member dlp44 and contributed to by numerous others...

here is the link:
http://bit.ly/ZS2Info

...to include a new sheet - - "RANKINGS" - - which allows calculation of realistic gold & XP values. That sheet has no merged cells so that it can be sorted & filtered easily. (The original "main" sheet has merged cells preventing this.)

There are a number of animals for which data is missing. Collectively, "we" own these animals and have the data, we just need each person to check & see what data they can contribute.
I have not thoroughly checked to see if every animal (especially the newest ones) has been added.

Please do contribute, and thanks.
Enjoy,
Storm8 ID = rionkimchi

rionkimchi
08-24-12, 02:19 PM
Update of Combined XP+Gold rankings, including most of the recently added animals:

Sloth
Kirin
Jack Rabbit
Elephant Shrew
Cobra
Basilisk
Gila Monster
Kinkajou
Tapir
Jackalope
Woodpecker
Wildebeest
Honey Badger
Frilled Neck Lizard
Orangutan
Mountain Goat
Collared Lizard
Bactrian Camel
Giant Anteater
Kangaroo Rat
Panther
Big Horned Sheep
Sea Turtle
Werewolf
Andalusian
Binturong
American Polecat
Gray Wolf
Tasmanian Wolf
Meermoose
Blue Footed Booby
Harpy Eagle
Puffin
Gharial
Albino Python
Manx Sheep
Puma
Beaver
Arctic Fox
Honduran White Bat
Spotted Bat
Sandveld Lizard
Red Kneed Tarantula
Tamandua
Aracari
Appaloosa
Dik-Dik
Great Blue Heron
Jumping Red Fox
Snapping Turtle
Harp Seal
Cassowary
Cotton Top Tamarin
Black Fox
Owl
Persian Chinchilla
Lunar Dragon
Burrowing Owl
Wombat
Vampire Bat
Meerkat
Impala
Poison Dart Frog
Flamingo
Toucan
Flying Frog
Tasmanian Devil
Shamrock Turtle
Civet
Leopard Seal
Leprechaun Panda
Coati
Liger
Buffalo
Mandrill
Horned Toad
Platypus
Irish Elk
Flying Monkey
Rhino
Hoopoe
Clydesdale
Tundra Reindeer
Fennec Fox
Caribou
Hyena
Minotaur
Kiwi
Irish Bullfrog
Scarlet Macaw
Sitatunga
Iguana
Horned Frog
Tree Frog
African Wild Dog
Ghost
Kangaroo
Slow Loris
Walrus
Polar Bear
Sea Lion
Capuchin Monkey
Mammoth
Bald Eagle
Dingo
Zebra
Warthog
Caracal
Penguin
Crowned Crane
Yeti
Llama
Cheetah
Capybara
Aardwolf
Sugar Glider
Porcupine
Ruffed Lemur
Ringtail Lemur
Alpaca
Giraffe
Mandarin Duck
Green Stingray
Unicorn
White-tailed Deer
Tigroceros
Butterfly Fish
Fainting Goat
Pangolin
Fossa
Marmoset
Island Fox
Sand Cat
Arabian Oryx
Camel
African Vulture
Moose
Skunk
Boyd's Dragon
Leopard Gecko
Golden Lion Tamarin
Tiger
Blue Gold Macaw
Ring-Tailed Mongoose
Rattlesnake
Flying Fox
Kakapo
Golden Pheasant
White-tailed Rabbit
Spectacled Bear
Scarlet Peacock
Snow Owls
Okapi
Aardvark
Flying Dragon
Bottlenose Dolphin
Silverback Gorilla
Icelandic Horse
Spring Bunny
Coin Mouse
River Otter
Shamrock Gorilla
Red Fox
Rainbow Toucan
Yak
Raccoon Dog
Bullfrog
Coyote
Gryphon
Armadillo
Peregrine Falcon
Axolotl
Chimpanzee
Ostrich
Bush Baby
Red Shanked Douc
Ethiopian Wolf
Coconut Crab
Giant Tortoise
Barn Owl
Ermine
Koala
Turtle
Jaguar
Red Panda
Snow Leopard
Crocodile
Hippo
California Condor
Howler Monkey
Bear
Lynx
Imp
Panda
Peacock
Sea Otter
Scarlet Ibis
Clouded Leopard
Naked Mole Rat
Elephant
Lion
Arabian Horse

NO DATA FOR THE FOLLOWING ANIMALS

California Quail
Elephant Seal
Cerberus
Crested Penguin
Lucky Bear
Rattlemonkey
Snow Fairies
Snowman
Snowshoe Hare
Tree Kangaroo
Wendigo

rionkimchi
09-14-12, 11:27 AM
An update of the ranking for combined {Gold+XP} earning, using 12 hours (twice a day) average collection frequency. You can generate your own ranking using the "Zoo Story 2 Information Database" - - you can find it in its own separate thread/posting.

NO DATA / NEW ANIMALS

Blue Alligator
Canada Lynx
Quagga
Cerberus
Crested Penguin
Elephant Seal
Lucky Bear
Rattlemonkey
Snow Fairies
Snowman
Snowshoe Hare
Tree Kangaroo
Wendigo

RANKING:

Sloth
Kirin
Gila Monster
Jack Rabbit
Jackalope
Elephant Shrew
Cobra
Basilisk
Kinkajou
Collared Lizard
California Quail
Werewolf
Tapir
Binturong
Guereza
Woodpecker
Blue Footed Booby
Gharial
Wildebeest
Big Horned Sheep
Spotted Bat
Honey Badger
Frilled Neck Lizard
Appaloosa
Dik-Dik
Orangutan
Cotton Top Tamarin
Giant Octopus
Mountain Goat
Manx Sheep
Bactrian Camel
Giant Anteater
Honduran White Bat
Kangaroo Rat
Owl
Burrowing Owl
Brown Basilisk
Sandveld Lizard
Panther
Aracari
Tamandua
Sea Turtle
Great Blue Heron
Andalusian
Flamingo
Poison Dart Frog
American Polecat
Gray Wolf
Tasmanian Devil
Tasmanian Wolf
Hedgehog
Civet
Leopard Seal
Sun Bear
Harpy Eagle
Puffin
Platypus
Albino Python
Flying Monkey
Puma
Beaver
Arctic Fox
Minotaur
Sitatunga
Red Kneed Tarantula
Shamrock Turtle
Ghost
Jumping Red Fox
Snapping Turtle
Harp Seal
Capuchin Monkey
Dingo
Irish Elk
Cassowary
Warthog
Black Fox
Caribou
Kiwi
Persian Chinchilla
Lunar Dragon
Capybara
Wombat
Vampire Bat
Tree Frog
African Wild Dog
Ringtail Lemur
Meerkat
Giraffe
Impala
Toucan
Butterfly Fish
Flying Frog
Island Fox
Marmoset
Sand Cat
Meermoose
Arabian Oryx
Leprechaun Panda
Caracal
Coati
Liger
Buffalo
Horned Toad
Mandrill
Kakapo
Llama
Golden Pheasant
Scarlet Peacock
Spectacled Bear
Okapi
Rhino
Sugar Glider
Hoopoe
Clydesdale
Icelandic Horse
Ruffed Lemur
Alpaca
Tundra Reindeer
Spring Bunny
Fennec Fox
Hyena
Irish Bullfrog
Scarlet Macaw
Shamrock Gorilla
Serval
Tigroceros
Iguana
Rainbow Toucan
Horned Frog
Bullfrog
Armadillo
Kangaroo
Slow Loris
Walrus
Polar Bear
Sea Lion
Tiger
Bald Eagle
Mammoth
Zebra
Penguin
Crowned Crane
Yeti
River Otter
Cheetah
Red Fox
Aardwolf
Yak
Porcupine
Mandarin Duck
Green Stingray
Chimpanzee
Unicorn
White-tailed Deer
Fainting Goat
Pangolin
Fossa
Ethiopian Wolf
African Vulture
Camel
Moose
Coconut Crab
Skunk
Boyd's Dragon
Golden Lion Tamarin
Leopard Gecko
Blue Gold Macaw
Ring-Tailed Mongoose
Rattlesnake
Flying Fox
White-tailed Rabbit
Snow Owls
Aardvark
Flying Dragon
Bottlenose Dolphin
Silverback Gorilla
Coin Mouse
Snow Leopard
Raccoon Dog
Imp
California Condor
Coyote
Gryphon
Howler Monkey
Peregrine Falcon
Scarlet Ibis
Axolotl
Bush Baby
Ostrich
Lynx
Red Shanked Douc
Giant Tortoise
Barn Owl
Clouded Leopard
Ermine
Koala
Turtle
Jaguar
Red Panda
Crocodile
Hippo
Bear
Naked Mole Rat
Panda
Peacock
Sea Otter
Elephant
Lion
Arabian Horse

rionkimchi
10-08-12, 07:09 AM
If you have read this far, then thanks!
Just so everyone is reminded, you can access the spreadsheet that is used to generate these rankings, and even customize it to your own playing habits.
Just be mindful that this is a shared resource, and if you don't know what you're doing with spreadsheets, it IS possible to mess it up permanently. BE CAREFUL!!

Here is the link:
..... http://bit.ly/ZS2Info

ENJOY !!

rionkimchi
10-25-12, 02:23 PM
Here is a list of "High ROI" animals (low # of days to pay back the gold you use to buy them) that are also relatively high gold earners. This is based on twice a day collection frequency. Buying these animals preferentially, will speed up your efforts to build out your zoo.

Tasmanian Wolf
Puffin
Tasmanian Devil
Gray Wolf
Harpy Eagle
Civet
Kinkajou
Collared Lizard
Blue Footed Booby
Giant Anteater
Tapir
Guereza
Hedgehog
Gila Monster
Leopard Seal
Elephant Shrew
Cobra
Spotted Bat
Puma
Dik-Dik
Big Horned Sheep
Brown Basilisk
Tamandua
Cotton Top Tamarin

rionkimchi
10-25-12, 02:29 PM
Conversely, here is a list of animals to avoid buying - - they cost a lot relative to their poor generation of gold. Buy these animals much later on, after you begin having a surplus of gold.

Aardwolf
Cassowary
Coconut Crab
Black Fox
Burrowing Owl
Hoopoe
Kangaroo Rat
Maned Wolf
Alpaca
Orangutan
Frigate Bird
Blue Alligator