PDA

View Full Version : Farm Story Players Unite!

dailywatering
03-17-12, 06:10 AM
I am posting tonight with an agenda.
It's time to change.
It's time FarmStory players stand together and demand MORE.

MORE from FarmStory and MORE from TeamLava!

'We the players' of this game want:

1. A more complex, and involved atmosphere for FarmStory.

FarmStory is a plowing, planting, and harvesting game with very small, seemingly irrelevant breaks to the monotony of constant crop cultivation. So much could be introduced to the game that would make it more involving, engaging and enjoyable for 'we the players'.

I propose a more to deeper involvement in 4 ways

FIRST

Our crops not only gain us money, leaves, and experience - but we can use our lets say Strawberries to make "Strawberry Punnets" which we may sell for money and give/sell to neighbours.

"But why would our neighbours want to buy them if they can make strawberry punnets themselves? I hear you ask?

Because the collection of enough of a particular bi-products of our crops (in this case Strawberry Punnets) given by or bought from a neighbours farm, can net us gain in Gems.

All crops should give us bi-products to keep the game diverse with different crops being different difficulties and, obviously, better rewards

Some crops should be able to be collected immidately, more advanced crops may require a building, for example a windmill in which grains may be cultivated

SECOND

Animals should also have bi-products to collect, sell, and redeem.

Bee hives being built, the bees inside your bee hive pollenate your flower crops and you can cultivate honey to collect and sell to neighbours.

Cows producing milk, maybe even cheese or yoghurt.

THIRD

Expansion, Expansion, Expansion.

I'm talking 100x100 size farms. With our newfound infrastructure we will need somewhere to put it all,
a farm we will feel proud to present to the community. These expansions will be difficult i digress, but have a little understanding when setting the parameters to increase size.

The fourth and final demand of 'we the players' is this. Android MUST be a part of this, and SOON.
I play on android, and I can assure you I will not be happy to miss out on a development like this.

and with that I will say thank you.

To FarmStory players reading this and saying YES! THAT'S RIGHT!
The only way TeamLava can know we're serious is if we get serious!
So Join me and say:

"MORE from FarmStory!, More from TeamLava!"

Uneeringly,
Storm8 ID: dailywatering

P.S.
TeamLava Moderators and Developers,
If you want my help creating the parameters of the game or at least being part of the brainstorm,
Im open to it.
DW

RealFarmer1222
03-17-12, 07:16 AM
Wow....a pretty strong agenda from somebody who just walked in off the street and joined the forum today.:confused:

I'm all for improvements to the game, but I think most of what you are proposing would require a whole new version of the game rather than just an update. And THAT, would probably require all the players to start from scratch. I'd rather see issues like Android parity and proper coin colection addressed, at least until I reach pinkster level.

Not that I wouldn't mind TL creating a Farm Story 2! If they announced they developing a new version of Farm Story, I'd gladly give them ALL KINDS of suggestions to improve REALISM:cool:

P.S. what is a "punnet"???? Never heard of such a thing.:confused:

queentina3
03-17-12, 07:37 AM
This sounds close to, but not exactly, like Tap Ranch. I used to play that, and LOVED IT, but gave it up because I couldn't transfer it from my Android to my iPad and I didn't want to start from scratch. I put a lot of effort into that game, but it is just too difficult to play it on my tiny phone now that I use the iPad more.

I would like some of these options though.

As an example:
Pie Maker Machine - The apples we harvest from trees can be combined in the machine with the Milk we could get from cows, as well as Sugar we plant and what comes out of the machine = Apple Pie that we could then "sell" for X amount of coins. Doesn't matter if we sell to neighbors or it TL just comes up with a coin amount we'd get back from selling them, like they do with dog bowls.

An inventory barn that holds just the stuff we harvest, we can then decide if we want to sell it as is, or hold onto it for use in a Maker.

Like RealFarmer stated, I'd want Adroid Parity first or in conjunction with expansions. :)

pinkster73
03-17-12, 11:30 AM
It does sound a lot like tap ranch. I like farm story better. I think its a great game. I would like some changes yes, which I've posted on, but in general I like the game format how it is.

DerGelbeKaiser
03-17-12, 11:36 AM
Wow....a pretty strong agenda from somebody who just walked in off the street and joined the forum today.:confused:

Well, yes, if he/she had been on the forum more often she/he'd know how useless it is to make such a suggestion :-)

Hm...I'm level 52, would I start from scratch for a totally new version? Possibly. I did it on Green Farm when my game disappeared during an update. I was on level 35.

Here, however, the problem is the gazillions of items and boxes people bought for lots of real money. Imagine the potential chaos if somethgn goes seriously wrong! But on the other hand the game is online, so there are records of what players have done and bought - and if you can switch your inventory to a Christmas or Valentine version of the game it should be possible to do a 'Reloaded' version, where you keep your level money and stuff but play on a new farm.

I like the idea. I'm hereby signing the nonexisting petition for Farm Story Reloaded and I'm adding Animated Animals to the list of 'Wants'
:-)

RealFarmer1222
03-17-12, 11:47 AM
Here, however, the problem is the gazillions of items and boxes people bought for lots of real money. Imagine the potential chaos if somethgn goes seriously wrong! But on the other hand the game is online, so there are records of what players have done and bought - and if you can switch your inventory to a Christmas or Valentine version of the game it should be possible to do a 'Reloaded' version, where you keep your level money and stuff but play on a new farm.

I don't see the gem items as such a potential problem for TL creating a new version. If people spend gems on the current story, they'd spend them on a new one. And porting gem items to new game would be extremely unfair to players of new version.

A bigger problem might be that younger people play these games, and they don't want a lot of complexity.

pinkster73
03-17-12, 11:49 AM
Well, yes, if he/she had been on the forum more often she/he'd know how useless it is to make such a suggestion :-)

Hm...I'm level 52, would I start from scratch for a totally new version? Possibly. I did it on Green Farm when my game disappeared during an update. I was on level 35.

I like the idea. I'm hereby signing the nonexisting petition for Farm Story Reloaded and I'm adding Animated Animals to the list of 'Wants'
:-)

I have a screenshot picture in my phone gallery of every item I've ever bought for gems. Like insurance.

pinkster73
03-17-12, 11:50 AM
I don't see the gem items as such a potential problem for TL creating a new version. If people spend gems on the current story, they'd spend them on a new one. And porting gem items to new game would be extremely unfair to players of new version.

A bigger problem might be that younger people play these games, and they don't want a lot of complexity.

Ahem, us older folk don't want a lot of complexity either :p

sweetstuff525
03-17-12, 12:08 PM
I have a screenshot picture in my phone gallery of every item I've ever bought for gems. Like insurance.

But they can say you took a screenshot of neighbors farm

RealFarmer1222
03-17-12, 12:10 PM
Ahem, us older folk don't want a lot of complexity either :p

You're not 47 yet, are you????

pinkster73
03-17-12, 12:45 PM
You're not 47 yet, are you????

Not for 12 more years :)

Rachael98
03-17-12, 12:55 PM
Nice ideas, but are they really needed?

Android parity is the CRUCIAL thing regardless, but whilst your former 3 suggestions are creative, I feel that the game is in a good format how it is.

I would note that, to deviate from an idea of yours, perhaps if we mastered to level 4 (eg. strawberries would make a punnet of strawberries), perhaps some things could have the added bonus of an extra gift choice.

DRL23411
03-17-12, 01:25 PM
We can't get them to FIX what we have and you want a completly new game. Dream on.

AuntyRose32
03-17-12, 01:51 PM

I'm all for improvements to the game, but I think most of what you are proposing would require a whole new version of the game rather than just an update. And THAT, would probably require all the players to start from scratch. I'd rather see issues like Android parity and proper coin colection addressed, at least until I reach pinkster level.

Not that I wouldn't mind TL creating a Farm Story 2! If they announced they developing a new version of Farm Story, I'd gladly give them ALL KINDS of suggestions to improve REALISM:cool:

P.S. what is a "punnet"???? Never heard of such a thing.:confused:

A 'punnet of strawberries' is what people in Ireland/UK and some other European countries call a basket of strawberries. That little plastic container you see in the supermarket with strawberries in it, well that's what we call a 'punnet'. Punnet just means small basket. So there you have it....you learn something new everyday.

pinkster73
03-17-12, 02:20 PM
I now know what punnets and furrows are :)

Rachael98
03-17-12, 02:22 PM
Wow...I...I knew something Pinkster didn't!

AuntyRose32
03-17-12, 02:28 PM
I now know what punnets and furrows are :)

Hehehe...you will be able to hire yourself out as a farmhand soon:o

pinkster73
03-17-12, 02:34 PM
Hehehe...you will be able to hire yourself out as a farmhand soon:o

I have a real farm already. It's probably smaller then realfarmers though. Mine is 6 feet by 12 feet :p

333sandy
03-17-12, 02:41 PM
We could have a new game, not as farm story, but like a produce story, a produce farm with a shop.
You would have the cows and their milk, sheep sheering wool, goats milk, chickens with eggs, a medium plot of land to plant crops to make into your produce. Then factories to mix the produce, like in city, adding milk to make cheese, cream or yoghurt etc, adding sugar and strawberries to make candy.
Wheat and sugar to make cookies and so on.

TimeForACuppaTea
03-17-12, 03:10 PM
No! No! No! What you're proposing is already a game. It's called Farmville. I didn't enjoy doing all that stuff in Farmville thus why I'm no longer playing and play Farm Story instead. If you like all that stuff go play Farmville. Please don't mess up Farm Story more than it already is.

333sandy
03-17-12, 03:27 PM
Not proposing to change farm story, but a new game altogether

TimeForACuppaTea
03-17-12, 03:56 PM
"It's time FarmStory players stand together and demand MORE.

1. A more complex, and involved atmosphere for FarmStory."

Sounds like changing FarmStory to me. And all these changes are things Farmville already does. So why make a game that's already been made?

RealFarmer1222
03-17-12, 05:19 PM
Punnet just means small basket.

OK...so it's like a pint. Thanks.

RealFarmer1222
03-17-12, 05:24 PM
Not for 12 more years :)

Then you're still "young"...at least compared to me.:)

I have a real farm already. It's probably smaller then realfarmers though. Mine is 6 feet by 12 feet :p

The strawberry patch I planted yesterday was bigger than that:D

DerGelbeKaiser
03-18-12, 07:55 AM
"It's time FarmStory players stand together and demand MORE.

1. A more complex, and involved atmosphere for FarmStory."

Sounds like changing FarmStory to me. And all these changes are things Farmville already does. So why make a game that's already been made?

Well, Farmville can only be played via Facebook, no?
There's no way all my business contacts are going to know I am wasting my time planting virtual plants!!! :-D

And I really had to LOL at the: there's younger players who won't like the complexity. I can't imagine that installing a cheese shop when you have some cows will be beyond the comprehension of a 15 year old (or a 35 year old for that matter)

viviansmo
03-18-12, 09:23 AM
Sounds like this should be a new game, maybe could be called Ranch Story. Haven't played tap ranch. Probably wouldn't play this.