PDA

View Full Version : Why do i keep crashing out of the game

mingboo
03-16-12, 11:41 PM
Ever since the St Patrick items, i have been crashing out of the game (99%) in less than a minute!!!

I am using iphone 4 version 5.1
Valentine Bakery Story version

kooky panda
03-17-12, 07:59 AM
Try restarting your device.
Also go to settings-safari and clear out cookies and data.

Are you playing on wifi? If so switch to 3G to see if you are still crashing.
When you say crashing, are you getting an error message, or just being taken back to you iphone home screen?

mingboo
03-17-12, 11:17 PM
Are you playing on wifi? If so switch to 3G to see if you are still crashing.
When you say crashing, are you getting an error message, or just being taken back to you iphone home screen?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your reply. it happen with both wifi and 3G. There is no error massage. Just being taken back to the iphone home screen.

kooky panda
03-18-12, 09:03 AM
Here is a post from DW try closing out all your background apps and just run this game.

close out background apps:
double click home button when you see icons at the bottom hold one down until you see the red minus sign, click the red minus sign. you can scroll to see all apps running in the background.

When you crash to the home screen without any error messages, it likely the result of a memory leak. This usually occurs when you have too many apps open or running in the background at the same time. If your game crashes to the home screen without an error message and it is the only app you have open/running, then that would be a serious issue that we will need to investigate. Please let us know if you are experiencing the second scenario.

mingboo
03-19-12, 01:13 AM
Here is a post from DW try closing out all your background apps and just run this game.

close out background apps:
double click home button when you see icons at the bottom hold one down until you see the red minus sign, click the red minus sign. you can scroll to see all apps running in the background.

tried that but still crashed out (back to iphone home screen). I played other TL games (i.e. Fashion, City, Pet shop and Restaurant) and these games are fine!

kooky panda
03-19-12, 05:21 AM
I will flag over.

ButterPanda
03-19-12, 11:40 AM
try running the game in the regular version and not the valentines day version.

Superyalda
03-19-12, 02:13 PM
I'm having the same problem on both my iPod 2g touch and also my ipad2. Constantly closing out to the "try again" window, then exceedingly long "processing" window ... Then back to "try again. This can go on for 10 or more minutes sometimes.

I have done all the tricks, closing background apps, reinstalling, resetting my device ... Doesn't help.

In my opinion I think it has to do with the popups. It seems that they don't always come through. When that happens, it crashes, especially when trying to open my messages or trying to visit or message a neighbor.

DaojinWildfire
03-19-12, 03:07 PM
It's possible that your wireless connection is causing the issue. The next time you crash, go to your settings and check if you're still connected to a wifi network. iOS devices occasionally do drop wifi connections, even if you're sitting right next to it.

veenilla
03-19-12, 03:11 PM
I'm having the same problem on both my iPod 2g touch and also my ipad2. Constantly closing out to the "try again" window, then exceedingly long "processing" window ... Then back to "try again. This can go on for 10 or more minutes sometimes.

I have done all the tricks, closing background apps, reinstalling, resetting my device ... Doesn't help.

In my opinion I think it has to do with the popups. It seems that they don't always come through. When that happens, it crashes, especially when trying to open my messages or trying to visit or message a neighbor.

This happens to me in farm, bakery, and restaurant stories. I'm on Kindle Fire and my connection is fine :s

mingboo
03-20-12, 01:31 AM
It's possible that your wireless connection is causing the issue. The next time you crash, go to your settings and check if you're still connected to a wifi network. iOS devices occasionally do drop wifi connections, even if you're sitting right next to it.

I check the wifi connections (after reading your reply) after I crashed (twice) and it is connected. The crashes happen mainly when i was in my own bakery. when i crashed out of game while at nbrs/friends' bakery (but it is rare), there will be an error message.

Superyalda
03-20-12, 07:10 AM

My connection is fine. I've been using the iPad since I started playing, almost a year ago. I've never had this critical amount of cut offs. It's gotten worse in recent months, so bad, actually, that my neighbors already know that I can't message them when I tip! As it is, it takes me hours to get through a simple round of tips with about 40 neighbors!

Pretty pathetic if you ask me. You've got to have this checked and fixed.

You might also check geographic profiles. I'm in Israel. Where are their other people who are having the disconnects?

mingboo
03-20-12, 10:19 PM
I am still having crashed out problem from BS. For the first time, it happen when i was in RS today. was using 3G. There is connection. Happen when i was tipping my nbrs. No error message, straight back to iphone home screen. Normally in RS, when this happen, it would have an error message. The most common annoying problem with RS is the sync which caused me to lose huge amount of coins (in one instance, the message told me i had earn 74,000+ coins but none was added to my total!)! It is happening less frequently now.

TimeForACuppaTea
03-20-12, 11:05 PM
Me too. I posted about this a while back. I've been testing everything that's been mentioned here for the past week or so, to see if I can fix it on my end. I've been running the regular version of the games for a long time now. I've made sure there is nothing else running, checked my connection and it's fine. Was playing at Caribou coffee house the other night and got kicked out there too. So I really don't think it's my wifi. No matter what I try I'm still getting booted out of the game. Been doing this since December. No error screen, just black for an instant and then out.

I've been kicked out of every Story game I play. I spend the most time in FS, BS, RS, and FS so it happens in those more than it does in PS and ZS but been kicked out of those too. Doesn't seem to matter what I'm doing either. I've been I play other games that aren't Story games and I don't get kicked out of them. Just my Story games.

As you can see from the photos nothing else is running. I know this doesn't exactly prove anything other than I know how to shut everything down. So it's not user error. I've done this with every game. It makes no difference.

kooky panda
03-21-12, 04:49 AM
Me too. I posted about this a while back. I've been testing everything that's been mentioned here for the past week or so, to see if I can fix it on my end. I've been running the regular version of the games for a long time now. I've made sure there is nothing else running, checked my connection and it's fine. Was playing at Caribou coffee house the other night and got kicked out there too. So I really don't think it's my wifi. No matter what I try I'm still getting booted out of the game. Been doing this since December. No error screen, just black for an instant and then out.

I've been kicked out of every Story game I play. I spend the most time in FS, BS, RS, and FS so it happens in those more than it does in PS and ZS but been kicked out of those too. Doesn't seem to matter what I'm doing either. I've been I play other games that aren't Story games and I don't get kicked out of them. Just my Story games.

As you can see from the photos nothing else is running. I know this doesn't exactly prove anything other than I know how to shut everything down. So it's not user error. I've done this with every game. It makes no difference.
You said you are playing the regular versions, have you tried playing on the valentine versions(these are the most current versions to play)?

rayen23
03-21-12, 05:00 AM
Me too but I get the error MSG but Internet is connected

Superyalda
03-21-12, 05:52 AM
You said you are playing the regular versions, have you tried playing on the valentine versions(these are the most current versions to play)?

Kooky, I think a lot of people moved to standard versions when St. Patty's day was released and it wasn't in the vday version. Maybe an announcement should be made?

kooky panda
03-21-12, 09:41 AM
Kooky, I think a lot of people moved to standard versions when St. Patty's day was released and it wasn't in the vday version. Maybe an announcement should be made?

All my st paddy day items showed up in my valentines game.

Superyalda
03-21-12, 09:47 AM
All my st paddy day items showed up in my valentines game.

Mine didn't, neither Did it show up on my "good" neighbors app. We all moved to standard to get the St Pattys day stuff. Regardless, it might be a good message to get out there.

sourlicorice2
03-21-12, 09:48 AM

I'm on regular version and I'm having the same problem :-(

sourlicorice2
03-21-12, 09:50 AM
I'm also on IPad 2 version 5.1 using 3G. Same thing was happening when I was playing Valentine version.

queentina3
03-21-12, 05:38 PM
The regular version hasn't had an update since December. The Valentine version has the most recent bug fixes and is the most updated. I think you guys should delete the regular version and install the Valentines version again. Your content from St Patty's should be there, and it may be the cause of your force closures.

mingboo
03-22-12, 04:55 AM

why are there two contrasting advise? which one should we actually use?

Superyalda
03-22-12, 06:19 AM
why are there two contrasting advise? which one should we actually use?

If kooky says to do something, just do it :)

mingboo
03-22-12, 05:19 PM
If kooky says to do something, just do it :)

I am already on the lastest VD version. I do not need to change anything then!! BUT i am still being kick out of the game ... straight back to my iphone home screen ...did evreything kooky told me to ...any idea why??

greygull
03-22-12, 06:12 PM
Do you still have any other versions (including the regular one) on your phone? Try deleting all of them, including the Valentines version, restarting your phone, then reinstalling only the Valentines version.

mingboo
03-26-12, 07:58 PM
Do you still have any other versions (including the regular one) on your phone? Try deleting all of them, including the Valentines version, restarting your phone, then reinstalling only the Valentines version.

done those and it is still the same... still crashing out! In BS, it can happen anytime but mainly while i am doing my cooking, preparing finished food or collecting my tips. I tried doing nothing and just scrolling my screen and it happened once!

1004blue
03-27-12, 08:40 AM
If still crashing out of game, apple will send back to home screen. Try restarting or resetting your device by holding home screen button and sleep/wake button until apple logo appears. If you playing with wiFi or 3G try to play bakery story if is working or not. If not, email to support@teamlava.com

kooky panda
03-27-12, 09:24 AM
done those and it is still the same... still crashing out! In BS, it can happen anytime but mainly while i am doing my cooking, preparing finished food or collecting my tips. I tried doing nothing and just scrolling my screen and it happened once!

Mingboo
Your issue is being looked into by TL.

kooky panda
03-27-12, 12:55 PM
Okay can you confirm that you have done all of the following?

- Reinstalled latest version
- No background apps running while playing the game
- Restarted device
- Clear cache/cookies/etc
- Updated to iOS 5.1
- Sync with iTunes

Make you you have done all of these and if still issues, let me know.

scarletlocs
03-27-12, 01:00 PM
I'm having d same issue. Done everything under d sun and all d advice even email Team Lava support and no one seems to have d answer. I guess eventually it will b resolved.

mingboo
03-31-12, 12:17 AM
Okay can you confirm that you have done all of the following?

- Reinstalled latest version
- No background apps running while playing the game
- Restarted device
- Clear cache/cookies/etc
- Updated to iOS 5.1
- Sync with iTunes

Make you you have done all of these and if still issues, let me know.

hi, kooky i have not been back to this thread for a while and the reason was that, i think, TL has solved the problem and i am busy enjoying my BS now. Although it happened once in the last three days, i can live with that!!! THANKS KOOKY AND TL!!!

kooky panda
03-31-12, 08:28 AM
hi, kooky i have not been back to this thread for a while and the reason was that, i think, TL has solved the problem and i am busy enjoying my BS now. Although it happened once in the last three days, i can live with that!!! THANKS KOOKY AND TL!!!

Oh yeah!!!!! Thanks TL!!

http://i994.photobucket.com/albums/af67/15crewdawg/happy_dance.gif