PDA

View Full Version : Gems -To buy or not to buy...@(・●・)@ cott

bakerbunny
03-13-12, 06:49 PM
Players love this game but the current gem system and prices may make us quit.
Other gem discussions show that about 90% players think gems are TOO expensive.
80-90% want to see some changes to either selling or earning gems.

Why does it say free but still TL tries to make us buy gems? Why do we have to use gems to finish a goal ( I'm not talking about speeding up)? Why are gem priced pets SO expensive?
These are but few questions myself and others ask.

So how can TL make the gem scheme more player friendly..
We have a few suggestions for changes.
1) lower gem sale prices( 50-70%)
2)more coin pets or lower gem priced pets (collie @ 149 gems is exorbitant )
3)more gem EARNing goals
4)exchange gems as gifts
5) system to earn gems- (eg. leveling up, say every 10th lvl or completing lvl 1 pets..etc)
6) no change
Please vote on the above poll and leave your suggestions or comments. This is a GEM discussion.

pinkster73
03-13-12, 07:01 PM
Really? You're going to repeat this?

bakerbunny
03-13-12, 07:10 PM
Really? You're going to repeat this?

You again, expected... Yes, I actually got good results and there were some of those changes too.

pinkster73
03-13-12, 07:11 PM
You again, expected... Yes, I actually got good results and there were some of those changes too.

Then why are you repeating the exact same poll/thread? It's a duplicate.

bakerbunny
03-13-12, 07:15 PM
Is it? I added new stuff.. Anything to contribute?

pinkster73
03-13-12, 07:18 PM
Is it? I added new stuff.. Anything to contribute?

Ya, your old poll

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?25026-Gems-!!-What-will-happen

bakerbunny
03-13-12, 07:25 PM
Ya, your old poll

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?25026-Gems-!!-What-will-happen

Thanks..u went through all that trouble to look for that old post.. It should help, I hope that's what u want..

kooky panda
03-13-12, 07:32 PM
Okay, lets not have repeat of the last thread. It was locked due members breaking rules, and ignoring moderator warnings.
Any posts that are off topic or break the forum rules will be removed and sent over to a community manager to review.

If you do not wish to join the discussion on this thread, please do not post.

Also no bumping or spamming the thread by any member. This thread is for anyone to join and it is not a thread for one member to reply to all the posts or moderate any posts from other members.

bakerbunny
03-13-12, 08:50 PM
Cheaper gem priced pets could also mean having seasonal sale on expensive gem pets/ decor. Say for example an Easter blow out sale that offers 50-80% off... So collie would be 75 gems, still too expensive for me but maybe affordable for others

bss18974
03-14-12, 06:36 AM
Cheaper gem priced pets could also mean having seasonal sale on expensive gem pets/ decor. Say for example an Easter blow out sale that offers 50-80% off... So collie would be 75 gems, still too expensive for me but maybe affordable for others

As for me, the collie even at 75 gems would be too high. The yorkie at 39 gems is too high. I would consider buying one but no family and it doesn't cross breed. I think that no pets should be over 15 gems each unless we have an easy way to earn gems (level completion bonuses like every 10000 pts gives 10 gems or so)...

uwantoplay
03-14-12, 09:29 AM
Players love this game but the current gem system and prices may make us quit.
Other gem discussions show that about 90% players think gems are TOO expensive.
80-90% want to see some changes to either selling or earning gems.

Why does it say free but still TL tries to make us buy gems? Why do we have to use gems to finish a goal ( I'm not talking about speeding up)? Why are gem priced pets SO expensive?
These are but few questions myself and others ask.

I want to reference your statistics of 90% of players. I think you should take into account how many players have voted in the poll to reflect the 90%.

I am a very avid player of Pet Shop with over 110,000 xp points. Since I began playing the "new" TL game, they have raised the levels twice and TL have/are continuing to make changes to the game as they deem proper.

I did not need to purchase gems to decorate my shop, to master the game, or continue to play. I should be over level 100 at this point but can have the patience to slowly wait for the new levels.

The "gem" prices will never change. No matter how many polls there are or how many *******s there are. What most Pet Shop players don't realize, that the huge ******* that took place was TL game wide for extreme changes that were made that affected high level users. I am referencing RS and BS mainly. The meek 500 players that are talking of the upcoming ******* in Pet probably don't ever purchase gems to begin with which means their ******* will not have any impact on TL.

Remember, every player can "play" this game as a totally free game and advance to the highest levels and thoroughly enjoy the game without ever purchasing a gem.

pinkster73
03-14-12, 10:53 AM
I want to reference your statistics of 90% of players. I think you should take into account how many players have voted in the poll to reflect the 90%.

I am a very avid player of Pet Shop with over 110,000 xp points. Since I began playing the "new" TL game, they have raised the levels twice and TL have/are continuing to make changes to the game as they deem proper.

I did not need to purchase gems to decorate my shop, to master the game, or continue to play. I should be over level 100 at this point but can have the patience to slowly wait for the new levels.

The "gem" prices will never change. No matter how many polls there are or how many *******s there are. What most Pet Shop players don't realize, that the huge ******* that took place was TL game wide for extreme changes that were made that affected high level users. I am referencing RS and BS mainly. The meek 500 players that are talking of the upcoming ******* in Pet probably don't ever purchase gems to begin with which means their ******* will not have any impact on TL.

Remember, every player can "play" this game as a totally free game and advance to the highest levels and thoroughly enjoy the game without ever purchasing a gem.

The statistics bakerbunny has used are from a poll he/she did on his own on the forum.

uwantoplay
03-14-12, 03:33 PM
The statistics bakerbunny has used are from a poll he/she did on his own on the forum.

Thank you pinkster💗 I was merely just pointing out from their previous poll just how many, or should I saw, few actually voted.

pinkster73
03-14-12, 04:25 PM
Thank you pinkster💗 I was merely just pointing out from their previous poll just how many, or should I saw, few actually voted.

Ah, gotcha. And I understand.

bakerbunny
03-15-12, 07:02 AM

That 90% was a reference to a poll done here by Shelly?? something. Check it out "gems price" and it was a rough estimate. Her poll question was " do u think hem prices are expensive.. Over 90% said yes. I didnt assume from my previous thread because it was about what changes should occur/ is feasible.

I disagree with ur point about *******s/ protest not causing any changes. I read thru other forums, players complain about what they want to less or more of, and these changes come about, leveling up past 25, more room expansion on pet story for 1 and yes I agree it's a new game in the making, but ppl did complain and they came true..Plus if any of these changes come about, higher level players and gem buying players also benefit.
But I agree with u that we can all enjoy without buying gems.. I'm so addicted to pet story, never bought gems there though

bakerbunny
03-15-12, 07:11 AM
As for me, the collie even at 75 gems would be too high. The yorkie at 39 gems is too high. I would consider buying one but no family and it doesn't cross breed. I think that no pets should be over 15 gems each unless we have an easy way to earn gems (level completion bonuses like every 10000 pts gives 10 gems or so)...

I agree, up to 15 gems would be reasonable if coupled with ways to earn gems.. Though TL need to make money so they could charge that kinda price for fancy / premium decor stuff

bakerbunny
03-15-12, 07:21 AM
Btw the previous thread was closed prematurely so it never had a chance to get...more votes. It would have considering that it only lived 2/3 days. I miss that thread. Also, that's why I couldn't have assumed that 90% figure.. So u can check Shelly's poll for the actual figure. it's also under pet story discussion, its quite informative.

pinkster73
03-15-12, 09:25 AM
I think it's wrong to assume any changes came about due to "*******s" or polls. The levels, expansions, etc could have always been in the works. It's possible TL was going to do all that anyway.

uwantoplay
03-15-12, 05:37 PM
I think it's wrong to assume any changes came about due to "*******s" or polls. The levels, expansions, etc could have always been in the works. It's possible TL was going to do all that anyway.

I completely agree with pinkster! The game started with only 20 levels and without a protest or ******* 5 new levels were added. Since the inception of the game, TL has made weekly updates, which actually has surprised me, since it is a new game. TL has introduced both coin and gem animals in this game as well as the new Zoo2. There isn't a ******* planned with that game BUT just today they released 3 new coin animals, maybe 4, and 1 new gem animal.

I read in the posts in the Pet game where all the people that are posting about the ******* think they have changed something. That is entirely untrue.

If you want a good argument, how about new expansions for both Pet and Zoo!

nmishii
03-15-12, 05:44 PM
@bakerbunny

I don't want to cause any problems in this thread, but you may want to consider rereading the moderator's post (#8), specifically her last paragraph.

bakerbunny
03-15-12, 05:46 PM
I found Shelly's thread..called gem prices by shelly1611. Her polls showed 83 voters of which 95.63% agreed that gems were TOO expensive.
And, pet story is indeed a new game but when was the last time we saw new gem pets priced in the 100s range? not even in the 50s range.. So why r new gem pets far cheaper than the original gem pets?..Ppl complained and some suggested willing to pay lower gem prices. TL wanna make money so we can assume change in strategy to suit customers/ gem buying players.

uwantoplay
03-15-12, 06:03 PM
@bakerbunny

This is where you should read ALL forum posts to really educate yourself in the process that TL was and is taking. TL announced they were going to be changing prices, times, etc. based on their own criteria. None of the original gem pets have been reduced which is really what the ORIGINAL point was about last year. Specifically the Border Collie. It, as well as the other pets, are and will remain the same cost. Over in Zoo they have introduced new animals that are rather pricey in the gem area but luckily in Pet they have stayed relatively low.

I read ALL threads and posts prior to my posting or originating a post. My point about the percentage of people in the prior poll regarding gem prices is the fact that very few players actually voted. You need to take into consideration the HUGE amount of players that actually play this game. When you take that into consideration, no poll or ******* will influence TL one way or another. With that said, I am exempting the Story Wide ******* which included Hundreds of Thousands world wide. The people that joined that ******* know that 2 days later, TL reversed the changes they made.👍😄

Read all the threads and posts and you will see that nothing new is being said or done. It will take you time, but at least they only go back to November, 2011. My job is research (lawyer) and it is frowned upon to not know what you are talking (or writing) about.

bakerbunny
03-15-12, 06:12 PM
I completely agree with pinkster! The game started with only 20 levels and without a protest or ******* 5 new levels were added. Since the inception of the game, TL has made weekly updates, which actually has surprised me, since it is a new game. TL has introduced both coin and gem animals in this game as well as the new Zoo2. There isn't a ******* planned with that game BUT just today they released 3 new coin animals, maybe 4, and 1 new gem animal.

I read in the posts in the Pet game where all the people that are posting about the ******* think they have changed something. That is entirely untrue.

If you want a good argument, how about new expansions for both Pet and Zoo!

Ok I don't know about zoo story and by all means I give credit to TL for planning games ahead. Maybe, it could have been part of the game plan but there were complains about expansion and getting past lvl 25 for pet story.. These were high level players and the posts have been running for along time.
What if we did see, say for eg., players start to earn gem when they level up?? Would u still say it was a part of the plan or a suggestion come true?

pinkster73
03-15-12, 06:18 PM
Ok I don't know about zoo story and by all means I give credit to TL for planning games ahead. Maybe, it could have been part of the game plan but there were complains about expansion and getting past lvl 25 for pet story.. These were high level players and the posts have been running for along time.
What if we did see, say for eg., players start to earn gem when they level up?? Would u still say it was a part of the plan or a suggestion come true?

Yes I would. You can't know TL's plans for the growth of the games. You can't seriously think its because approximately 80 people voted on a poll.

bakerbunny
03-15-12, 06:31 PM
@bakerbunny

This is where you should read ALL forum posts to really educate yourself in the process that TL was and is taking. TL announced they were going to be changing prices, times, etc. based on their own criteria. None of the original gem pets have been reduced which is really what the ORIGINAL point was about last year. Specifically the Border Collie. It, as well as the other pets, are and will remain the same cost. Over in Zoo they have introduced new animals that are rather pricey in the gem area but luckily in Pet they have stayed relatively low.

I read ALL threads and posts prior to my posting or originating a post. My point about the percentage of people in the prior poll regarding gem prices is the fact that very few players actually voted. You need to take into consideration the HUGE amount of players that actually play this game. When you take that into consideration, no poll or ******* will influence TL one way or another. With that said, I am exempting the Story Wide ******* which included Hundreds of Thousands world wide. The people that joined that ******* know that 2 days later, TL reversed the changes they made.👍😄

Read all the threads and posts and you will see that nothing new is being said or done. It will take you time, but at least they only go back to November, 2011. My job is research (lawyer) and it is frowned upon to not know what you are talking (or writing) about.

I'm a student, and hope to be a vet. I scam thru some post n sometimes I noticed that updates made at a later date by TL have the very same changes/ suggestions players made in previos threads.. Coincidence, maybe.. Game planning maybe.
N if u were to vote, which would u chose?

queentina3
03-15-12, 06:33 PM
bakerbunny, I don't think anyone is trying to discourage your goal here, as it is admirable, but you need way more people to be sucessfull and even then, TL probably won't change it's mind. The previous ******* was not only due to polls/threads here on the forum that got things changed, it was how they were getting rated in iTunes/Android market, the comments left there by players, the mass exodus of hundreds of players, and then the shutting down these players did for ALL their games. Not to mention that a lot of people stopped buying gems they were so furious, and that hit TL right in its wallet.

Posts were on people's walls and going from game-to-game-to-game urging people to rate them low, change their previous rated comment, stop buying gems, and stop playing the game altogether. It was such a huge deal TL really had no other option but to change it back as they were unlikely to get new players to download and old players were leaving.

This issue you're speaking of is admirable, but many of the things TL just isn't going to change no matter what.

Anyways, that is my .02 worth.

mommagoose
03-15-12, 06:55 PM
I agree it's time for some type of change. I don't want to buy gems and kids don't have money to buy them, so it makes them not want to play if they can't get the animals and goals they want!

bakerbunny
03-15-12, 06:56 PM
bakerbunny, I don't think anyone is trying to discourage your goal here, as it is admirable, but you need way more people to be sucessfull and even then, TL probably won't change it's mind. The previous ******* was not only due to polls/threads here on the forum that got things changed, it was how they were getting rated in iTunes/Android market, the comments left there by players, the mass exodus of hundreds of players, and then the shutting down these players did for ALL their games. Not to mention that a lot of people stopped buying gems they were so furious, and that hit TL right in its wallet.

Posts were on people's walls and going from game-to-game-to-game urging people to rate them low, change their previous rated comment, stop buying gems, and stop playing the game altogether. It was such a huge deal TL really had no other option but to change it back as they were unlikely to get new players to download and old players were leaving.

This issue you're speaking of is admirable, but many of the things TL just isn't going to change no matter what.

Anyways, that is my .02 worth.

That .02 worth taught me something new.. Thanks so much. I agree about the android market part. I just find it hard to believe that polls don't have impact on TL.

nmishii
03-15-12, 07:11 PM
That .02 worth taught me something new.. Thanks so much. I agree about the android market part. I just find it hard to believe that polls don't have impact on TL.

If polls (and feedback) had an impact on TL, we'd have a gem confirmation and a block button, people would be able to delete pending invites, and we'd have Android parity. These are common issues across all games, not just one game. They may feed the poll results back to the development team, but TL is going to do whatever they think will make them the most money.

I do however, wish the rhubarb poll would have an impact on TL.

DiabeticFoodie
03-15-12, 07:42 PM
I feel like the gem pets should pay out in one gem each when you collect from them. Seems only fair, since we bought those particular pets with gems.

MAPPIE22
03-16-12, 02:36 AM
I don't see as much trouble on other games about games as here and zoo story 1 or 2, I think it is because we can't earn gems on a frequently basis. More goals could be the answer or as some one said a gem animal paying a gem reward but I think that would give to many away from TL point of view. But I thought a decoration or an attraction on zoo would be a good idea. In zoo story 2 attractions earn you coins, if TL made one to pay out 1 or 2 gems a week and something similar in pet shop then maybe we would all feel that we were not getting so left out. We can earn about the same amount each week in RS and the other story games so this seems a fair amount. Of course TL would have to limit purchase of these gem giving decs/attraction, or maybe gift each player one into their storage so ppl did not abuse it. Gems are over priced but TL is a business and you can play for free and I am happy with the improvements being made in all games so the money is being spent on improvements and staff, I think finding a way to earn gems that TL will put into practice is a better way to move forward as it it unlikely they will change their pricing.

bakerbunny
03-16-12, 02:52 AM
I feel like the gem pets should pay out in one gem each when you collect from them. Seems only fair, since we bought those particular pets with gems.

I love that idea, it would be a win-win. But then the other issue would be how many gems that gem pet would cost and how long it would take to get a gem. For eg., even border collies produce 1 gem a week, I think those ppl would still be happy..and TL also gets it cut. Btw does any1 know how much u get from those collies?

DaojinWildfire
03-16-12, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. We do review player feedback and pass them along (contract item changes), but there are other changes or updates (new expansions, increased level cap) that are already planned and are in the works. We receive a lot of suggestions for planned updates, but it takes time to complete them, so you will need to patiently wait. Please also remember that Pet Shop and Zoo 2 are relatively new game, so it will take some time for them to grow. We are continually updating and adding new content, so the game doesn't become stale in just a short time, but fun and addicting over a long period of time.

Thanks again for the suggestions, but I will be closing this thread. Please leave moderation to the actual Player Moderators. Thanks!

This thread is for anyone to join and it is not a thread for one member to reply to all the posts or moderate any posts from other members.