PDA

View Full Version : Some ANDROID issues

acrecce
03-12-12, 05:54 AM
At least i think its just on Android

1. Force closing a few times a day
2. Taking your money while you play, you can actually see your balance go down
3. Taking pets along when visiting nbrs. This is very frustration, by the 5th nbr you visit, there are so many pets you cant tell which are really there and which are just "holograms"
Then you need to exit the game before you get a "clean" screan again
4. Upping a level while visiting nbrs and then when you go back to your "home" youre back on the previous level and the XP gained is gone...........really frustrating

Also.........why is it so darned expensive to unlock a breeding or nursery slot, really TL 149 gems are rediculous. Most of us will have to make due with the 1st slot that costs 10 coins to unlock, we will NEVER ever have that many gems

kooky panda
03-12-12, 08:17 AM
If you are one of the android devices that can post screen shots, please do.
What is the android device you are playing on? What is its current version?
Anyone else having these issue, please post the issues you are having and your android device and it current version.
I will go ahead and flag this over to the CMs.

I have not had the hologram issue with the pets this is new.(I am on iphone 4)
The coin issue may be the display issue that TL is working on.

I am also going to move this thread to the Pet Bugs forum.

pinkster73
03-12-12, 08:26 AM
Number 4 happens to me. It's not something I can get a screenshot of.

phd123
03-12-12, 12:13 PM
I have the following issues on my Android version.
Phone : Samsung Galaxy Nexus running ICS 4.02

1) No notifications - tried turning them on & off and uninstalling / reinstalling app.
2) "Collections" button in main menu greyed out & does not work
3) Game starts with screen zoomed to maximum - not sure if this is by design
4) Game crashes after 5 mins or so
5) Pets from your own shop "ghosting" in neighbours shops when visiting.
6) Very laggy on highest spec Android phone

The lack of notifications is the biggest annoyance - all other TL game notifications work fine.

pinkster73
03-12-12, 12:13 PM
I'm not retaining the levels that I reached. I just reached level 8 about half an hour ago, left the game, did some stuff, and when I went back in the purchase the snowshoe siamese I can't because its locked. I am back on level 7. The game isn't payable this way.

pinkster73
03-12-12, 12:15 PM
Oh and its very laggy as well. But the leveling DOWN is the most frustrating part. I'm not putting money into a game that I never know what level I'll be on when I go back.

pinkster73
03-12-12, 12:16 PM
I'm not retaining the levels that I reached. I just reached level 8 about half an hour ago, left the game, did some stuff, and when I went back in the purchase the snowshoe siamese I can't because its locked. I am back on level 7. The game isn't payable this way.

Edit: playable

nmishii
03-12-12, 12:22 PM
I'm not playing Pet Shop Story - no current interest or time.

I do have a question though - are there goals for Androids?

pinkster73
03-12-12, 12:51 PM
I'm not playing Pet Shop Story - no current interest or time.

I do have a question though - are there goals for Androids?

Yes. But I was just coming to post that the goals aren't working properly. They aren't recognizing the sub things I have to do to complete the goal.

For example, a part of one of the goals says to buy a cat sign. I buy a cat sign. It's out in my shop looking nice and the goal thing says I have 0/1 cat signs. Duh, I'm LOOKING at it.

ButterPanda
03-12-12, 03:19 PM
At least i think its just on Android

1. Force closing a few times a day
2. Taking your money while you play, you can actually see your balance go down
3. Taking pets along when visiting nbrs. This is very frustration, by the 5th nbr you visit, there are so many pets you cant tell which are really there and which are just "holograms"
Then you need to exit the game before you get a "clean" screan again
4. Upping a level while visiting nbrs and then when you go back to your "home" youre back on the previous level and the XP gained is gone...........really frustrating

Also.........why is it so darned expensive to unlock a breeding or nursery slot, really TL 149 gems are rediculous. Most of us will have to make due with the 1st slot that costs 10 coins to unlock, we will NEVER ever have that many gems

Forwarding this along to our engineers.

phd123
03-12-12, 03:52 PM
Forwarding this along to our engineers.

And my issues ???

pinkster73
03-12-12, 03:52 PM
And my issues ???

This whole thread will get forwarded.

kooky panda
03-12-12, 04:09 PM
You may not by synced with the servers. When you are not playing the game are you completing exiting out and using a task ****er?

1) No notifications - tried turning them on & off and uninstalling / reinstalling app.

The lack of notifications is the biggest annoyance - all other TL game notifications work fine.

And my issues ???
1.have you checked notifications in the game settings and your device settings?
2. not sure what you are referring to with the collections button? When you click it you do not get a new screen showing your journal?
3. not sure on zoom feature, mine is same as my other games.
4. the crashing- what device do you play on? its current version? Have you tried moving the game to your SD card and clearing yoru cache?

pinkster73
03-12-12, 04:16 PM
You may not by synced with the servers. When you are not playing the game are you completing exiting out and using a task ****er?

2. not sure what you are referring to with the collections button? When you click it you do not get a new screen showing your journal?
4. the crashing- what device do you play on? its current version? Have you tried moving the game to your SD card and clearing yoru cache?

When I completely exit out I don't have to use a task ****er. And it had more then enough time to sync to the server. I did lots of stuff. It leveled down one level right before my eyes while I was playing, I didn't even attempt to leave. I'm actually making backwards progress today. I was further ahead in the game yesterday then I was today.

And you reported that its not counting my goal progress?

kooky panda
03-12-12, 04:23 PM

When I completely exit out I don't have to use a task ****er. And it had more then enough time to sync to the server. I did lots of stuff. It leveled down one level right before my eyes while I was playing, I didn't even attempt to leave. I'm actually making backwards progress today. I was further ahead in the game yesterday then I was today.

And you reported that its not counting my goal progress?

I will report the goal issue.

pinkster73
03-12-12, 04:36 PM
Another thing: my avatar appears to my neighbors as a guy even though it shows to me as the blond woman.

phd123
03-12-12, 04:38 PM

Hi Kooky

1) Yes all are set to on,
2) As stated, it is greyed out whereas the other buttons on the screen are in colour. Pressing the button does not bring up the Journal - it doesnt work.
3) The zoom issue is only present on Zoo Story. The other games are set correctly.
4) Already given device and version info in my post. The Galaxy Nexus does not have an SD card, only internal memory so that is not applicable.

Thanks for now.

lylahmae
03-12-12, 09:18 PM
I just started playing this game and I cant go more than a few minutes without a force close it is not my phone farm works fine not even an out of sync today but this pet story is beyond slow and it force closes constantly is something going on

pinkster73
03-12-12, 09:27 PM
I just started playing this game and I cant go more than a few minutes without a force close it is not my phone farm works fine not even an out of sync today but this pet story is beyond slow and it force closes constantly is something going on

Yes, other people are having force closes too

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?25531-Pet-Shop-Story-now-on-Android!

acrecce
03-13-12, 05:59 AM
If you are one of the android devices that can post screen shots, please do.
What is the android device you are playing on? What is its current version?
Anyone else having these issue, please post the issues you are having and your android device and it current version.
I will go ahead and flag this over to the CMs.

I have not had the hologram issue with the pets this is new.(I am on iphone 4)
The coin issue may be the display issue that TL is working on.

I am also going to move this thread to the Pet Bugs forum.

Hi KP
I have 2 devises and play on both, both have the same issues. One is Android 2.2 (Froyo) Galaxy S, the other is a 1 week old brand spanking new Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) Galaxy S2 OS

WIll try to get a screen shot with the S2 as it has that function built in.

Great summation of issues, i experience ALL mentioned points 2-6 "Ghosting" better description of my word "hologram" LOL. Will get screenshot asap

acrecce
03-13-12, 06:04 AM

LOL, same issue here. Ive reached level 14 SIX times today already and its just after lunch hehehehe

acrecce
03-13-12, 06:24 AM
OK got some shots. Sorry screen cap didnt work, so took pics of the screens

Opens in enlarged view
http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab198/gogga_2010/TL/2012-03-13144727.jpg

Collections greyed out
http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab198/gogga_2010/TL/2012-03-13144741.jpg

Ghost/hologram pets while visiting neighbours (On Galaxy S2 - Gingerbread)
http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab198/gogga_2010/TL/IMG-20120313-WA0003.jpg

http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab198/gogga_2010/TL/IMG-20120313-WA0002.jpg

http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab198/gogga_2010/TL/IMG-20120313-WA0001.jpg

http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab198/gogga_2010/TL/IMG-20120313-WA0000.jpg

Ghost/hologram pets while visiting neighbours (On Galaxy S - Froyo)

http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab198/gogga_2010/TL/2012-03-13145735.jpg

http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab198/gogga_2010/TL/2012-03-13145424.jpg

http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab198/gogga_2010/TL/2012-03-13145555.jpg

http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab198/gogga_2010/TL/2012-03-13145520.jpg

yours2
03-13-12, 07:13 AM
hi i am having the same issue also i have level up twice i am surpose to be in level 12 but still in 10 please do something about it

pinkster73
03-13-12, 08:13 AM
I had a couple force closes in 5 minutes of playing this morning. And the lag when visiting other shops is AWFUL. The game is barely playable. I think I'll be uninstalling shortly.

jessuisbelle
03-13-12, 10:11 AM
My game does the same thing too.and my money constantly goes down

DaojinWildfire
03-13-12, 11:01 AM
Hi Kooky

1) Yes all are set to on,
2) As stated, it is greyed out whereas the other buttons on the screen are in colour. Pressing the button does not bring up the Journal - it doesnt work.
3) The zoom issue is only present on Zoo Story. The other games are set correctly.
4) Already given device and version info in my post. The Galaxy Nexus does not have an SD card, only internal memory so that is not applicable.

Thanks for now.
You need to level a bit more before you can access the Collections.

Edit: After a bit more digging, it turns out Collections are not available for PSS (Android) at this time.

Yes. But I was just coming to post that the goals aren't working properly. They aren't recognizing the sub things I have to do to complete the goal.

For example, a part of one of the goals says to buy a cat sign. I buy a cat sign. It's out in my shop looking nice and the goal thing says I have 0/1 cat signs. Duh, I'm LOOKING at it.
Most of the goals are not retroactive, which means your progress for the goals do not start tracking until you actually receive them.

pinkster73
03-13-12, 11:08 AM

Most of the goals are not retroactive, which means your progress for the goals do not start tracking until you actually receive them.

Ah ok. I'm pretty sure I bought all the kitty stuff I could afford right away. I like kittehs :)

pinkster73
03-13-12, 11:14 AM
What about the terrible lag, force closes, avatars being wrong, the weird pet overlap hologram thing, the levels going down, etc?

ButterPanda
03-13-12, 12:08 PM

When you leveled up what were you doing? and then what were you doing when it reverted back to level 7? Also when this happened did any of the coins or gems you spent go back as well? or do they stay as if u purchased?

pinkster73
03-13-12, 01:01 PM
When you leveled up what were you doing? and then what were you doing when it reverted back to level 7? Also when this happened did any of the coins or gems you spent go back as well? or do they stay as if u purchased?

I purchased a decoration when I leveled up and about a minute later it just went down a level, I was collecting from a pet. Then I leveled up again later, went to a neighbors, and when I came back I went back down a level again. It's level 7 to 8. I just kept going back and forth. I've managed to stay on level 8 today but I haven't really played.

I don't know if my coins went up and down, and I'm not positive but I believe my gem count didn't change.

phd123
03-13-12, 01:56 PM

Thanks for the confirmation re the Collections.

Can you advise whether the notifications issue is being investigated please ? Notifications work for all other TL games on my phone except this one which I think means there may be an incompatability issue with Android 4.02. Nobody else appears to be experiencing this problem but I havent seen anyone else running the higher end operating system. Thx ..

badoodie
03-13-12, 01:58 PM
"Some issues"? LOL. It feels like TL threw Android users an uncured, unseasoned bone that wasn't ready.

1. Force close happens multiple time. Most frequently when visiting neighbors.
2. Ghost animals appearing in my pet shop.
3. Lagging and choppy play. Granted this happens on all the games (grrrrr) it is especially problematic on PS.
4. Construction signs appearing in place of items that have been built and/or didn't require building. i.e. the door, cash register, pets, pile of food, pretty much everything at one time or another!
5. If this is another Zoo Story where there is no opportunity to earn gems then just tell us now. It got incredibly redundant planting, collecting coins, over and over and over and over and.....
6. If this is another Zoo Story that get absolutely ZERO UPDATES AND NEW ITEMS then just tell us now.

Do I sound jaded and cynical? Why doesn't TL focus on the Stories that are already on Android. A quick perusal of the forums shows a real need for this.

kooky panda
03-13-12, 02:03 PM
"Some issues"? LOL. It feels like TL threw Android users an uncured, unseasoned bone that wasn't ready.

1. Force close happens multiple time. Most frequently when visiting neighbors.
2. Ghost animals appearing in my pet shop.
3. Lagging and choppy play. Granted this happens on all the games (grrrrr) it is especially problematic on PS.
4. Construction signs appearing in place of items that have been built and/or didn't require building. i.e. the door, cash register, pets, pile of food, pretty much everything at one time or another!
5. If this is another Zoo Story where there is no opportunity to earn gems then just tell us now. It got incredibly redundant planting, collecting coins, over and over and over and over and.....
6. If this is another Zoo Story that get absolutely ZERO UPDATES AND NEW ITEMS then just tell us now.

Do I sound jaded and cynical? Why doesn't TL focus on the Stories that are already on Android. A quick perusal of the forums shows a real need for this.
When the game was released on IOS, there were also numeruous issues and TL got them fixed. They are currently working on the android issues.
There is currently no option to earn gems with mastering in the game. Some gems can be earned with the goals.
Pet Shop has been getting weekly updates for the last few weeks. You can check out the pet Shop discussion forum (http://forums.teamlava.com/forumdisplay.php?83-Pet-Shop-Story-Discussion) to see some of the updates that have been added since the start of the game.

ButterPanda
03-13-12, 05:19 PM
I purchased a decoration when I leveled up and about a minute later it just went down a level, I was collecting from a pet. Then I leveled up again later, went to a neighbors, and when I came back I went back down a level again. It's level 7 to 8. I just kept going back and forth. I've managed to stay on level 8 today but I haven't really played.

I don't know if my coins went up and down, and I'm not positive but I believe my gem count didn't change.

What was the decoration you purchased and the pet you had collected from?

pinkster73
03-13-12, 05:58 PM
What was the decoration you purchased and the pet you had collected from?

Honestly I can't remember the decoration, but I have a pic of my shop. I don't have many decorations. I collected from the beagles. I'll get the pic.

pinkster73
03-13-12, 06:01 PM
http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i344/pinkster73/pet_shop_story-2012-03-13-06-51-31.png

pinkster73
03-13-12, 06:03 PM
I bought all those decorations yesterday except for the cash register.

On my husbands Android tablet he has the lag issues but no leveling down.

Bogiefurret
03-13-12, 10:51 PM
I am on android tablet Toshiba thrive my issue is forced closing when visiting neighbors. I have been able to complete goals, breed pets. But I can visit 3 or 4 neighbors then force close.

acrecce
03-14-12, 02:00 AM
Just an observation.

The lagging i think has to do with your devise and the OS you are running. I have 2 devices and on the older one with the older OS it has a lot of lag on all the TL games including PS BUT on my new phone with the new higher version OS there is no lag

The force close, ghost pets, levelling up and down multiple times a day is an issue on both

Then before was mentioned that the collections will be available when you reach higher levels...................at which level if i may ask??????????????

kooky panda
03-14-12, 04:55 AM
I am not sure what level collections open, but I will try to find out.

DaojinWildfire
03-14-12, 01:45 PM
I actually tested a bit more and it turns out that Collections are currently not available for PSS (Android).

nmishii
03-14-12, 01:49 PM
I actually tested a bit more and it turns out that Collections are currently not available for PSS (Android).

So collections are not available for iOS either, right? Because PSS for Android was announced to be at full parity with iOS:

pinkster73
03-14-12, 02:10 PM
So collections are not available for iOS either, right? Because PSS for Android was announced to be at full parity with iOS:

Right. Full parity would mean either BOTH have them or NEITHER have them.

caseylesiak
03-15-12, 01:30 AM
I have the htc rezound and every team lava game runs poorly and laggy and my phone is more then capeable of running all the games. The one I really wanted to play, pet shop story ebb lags. Please add some sypport for the htc rezound I love all these games and miss playing them I used to be able to play on my moto Droid x .

DaojinWildfire
03-15-12, 10:41 AM
There's a new version of PSS on Google Play. This should have feature parity and Collections are enabled (I checked =D)!

pinkster73
03-15-12, 10:49 AM
There's a new version of PSS on Google Play. This should have feature parity and Collections are enabled (I checked =D)!

What on earth is Google play?

queentina3
03-15-12, 11:02 AM
What on earth is Google play?

It is what took over from the old Android Market (which went through google anyways).

DiabeticFoodie
03-15-12, 09:31 PM
The only issue I'm having with this game is that I can't move the majority of my animals' pens. Or enclosures, or whatever they're called. I click the Move button, but when I click on the enclosure and drag, it won't move anywhere. Is this a bug? Anybody else having this problem? I'm using version 1.0.5.1 on an HTC EVO 4G.

pinkster73
03-15-12, 09:35 PM
The only issue I'm having with this game is that I can't move the majority of my animals' pens. Or enclosures, or whatever they're called. I click the Move button, but when I click on the enclosure and drag, it won't move anywhere. Is this a bug? Anybody else having this problem? I'm using version 1.0.5.1 on an HTC EVO 4G.

Yes, its very difficult to move things. Select something else then select what you want to move again. Seems to make it suck less. (I can't call it an improvement)

DiabeticFoodie
03-16-12, 10:23 AM
The game is now stealing coins from me and force-closing a lot. I was awarded 236 coins on a collection, and my coin total went up to reflect that, but then it immediately went down again to where I was before. Thinking about ditching this game.

pinkster73
03-16-12, 10:39 AM
Ummm excuse my ignorance, but what's a collection?

Also there's still terrible lag when visiting neighbors and force closes.

RealFarmer1222
03-16-12, 10:46 AM
It is what took over from the old Android Market (which went through google anyways).

::::trek mode on:::

We are google......You will be assimilated......

::::trek mode off:::

kooky panda
03-16-12, 10:52 AM

Ummm excuse my ignorance, but what's a collection?

Also there's still terrible lag when visiting neighbors and force closes.

You have the new update? 1.0.5.1.....Under menu you should have a collections button, when you complete a set of animals you can get a reward.

pinkster73
03-16-12, 10:58 AM
You have the new update? 1.0.5.1.....Under menu you should have a collections button, when you complete a set of animals you can get a reward.

Wow cool. When I can look at my menu page without force closing I'll check that out!

lylahmae
03-16-12, 08:47 PM
Wow cool. When I can look at my menu page without force closing I'll check that out!

Do we have a time frame on the force close issue or is it like any other android problem and it will be treated by TL like it doesn't exist? Has it been addressed is there a reason for it that I missed?

pinkster73
03-16-12, 08:50 PM
Do we have a time frame on the force close issue or is it like any other android problem and it will be treated by TL like it doesn't exist? Has it been addressed is there a reason for it that I missed?

If you missed it then I missed it too. I think nothing has been said so far.

DiabeticFoodie
03-16-12, 09:43 PM
I've noticed yet another problem with this game, and I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue today. Sometimes (it's becoming MOST times) when I click on the Collect button, both a coin and a paw pop out. When that happens, clicking on the coin only gives me 20 coins, even when the animal pen I'm clicking on is supposed to give me 200+ tokens per collection. This is EXTREMELY ANNOYING, as I am missing out on coins now! Can you please look into this as soon as possible? I'd much appreciate it.

And it's still stealing my coins from me. I was awarded 200+ coins earlier on a collection, my coin total went up to reflect this, but then it immediately went back down to where I was before. And it'll randomly subtract coins as I'm just sitting there looking at the game, not clicking on anything.

pinkster73
03-16-12, 09:46 PM
I've noticed yet another problem with this game, and I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue today. Sometimes (it's becoming MOST times) when I click on the Collect button, both a coin and a paw pop out. When that happens, clicking on the coin only gives me 20 coins, even when the animal pen I'm clicking on is supposed to give me 200+ tokens per collection. This is EXTREMELY ANNOYING, as I am missing out on coins now! Can you please look into this as soon as possible? I'd much appreciate it.

And it's still stealing my coins from me. I was awarded 200+ coins earlier on a collection, my coin total went up to reflect this, but then it immediately went back down to where I was before. And it'll randomly subtract coins as I'm just sitting there looking at the game, not clicking on anything.

I'm kind of embarrassed to admit I've never really watched my money or coin totals when collecting or earning a reward. I'll keep an eye out.

RealFarmer1222
03-17-12, 05:52 AM
I'm kind of embarrassed to admit I've never really watched my money or coin totals when collecting or earning a reward. I'll keep an eye out.

I never kept a close eye on them in Farm, either. Coins never seem to be an issue. I have noticed they go whacky sometimes in RS.

yairya99
03-17-12, 07:08 AM
In RS I sold all my food and the amount of money was the same. I liked the game the way it was before.when I logged in It added the total after I clicked ok. So you could see your money add up .because this way the only way to see what you made is to know what you had when you closed.I would like to think its just an error. But its hard to to be optimistic with the previous behavior. if they know its not working why not just put it back the way it was before. even at Max level I still know how much money I have.and after finishing pet shop goals it gave me a level and reward. And then took it away.and when I went to go and do it again it was gone. I suppose it was marked as finished. It took the Dalmatian away I bought and put me back to level 9. We like the game that's why we put up with this stuff in hope for things to get better.This April will be a year for me with Team lava .there has been a lot of time and money invested.But my patients are almost see through at this point

acrecce
03-17-12, 03:01 PM
Wow. Thanx for the collections fix. Now me & my son can get some nice rewards.

Does anybody know what issue will be adressed next?
I think the most annoying once i still experience is the levelling up and down to the same 2 levels is the pits. Then the XP and coins vanishing comes a very close 2nd.

It has seemed to me today that the ghosting of pets have improved ..... as in it doesnt happen as often as it did last week

kooky panda
03-17-12, 03:14 PM
They are still working on the other issues.

pinkster73
03-17-12, 03:54 PM
What was the collections fix? My collections button is greyed out and it does nothing if I click it. But according to the in game faq I'm supposed to be able to get info from it? I'm confused.

lylahmae
03-17-12, 05:10 PM
I am not getting any of the xp or coins that it says I am awarded when I visit neighbors......anybody else?

ariesblu
03-17-12, 05:19 PM
Playing this game is still kind of a disaster.

DiabeticFoodie
03-17-12, 05:35 PM
Hoping they soon fix the issue I mentioned with a coin and a paw popping out of the Collect button, and thus awarding me only 20 coins per animal. Really annoying when you're supposed to be getting 200-400 coins per pen.

I haven't had an issue with the Collections tab or the ghost animals. I hadn't had an issue with the leveling down, either, until about ten minutes ago. I went from Level 11 to Level 12, then went to a neighbor's store. When I came back to my store, I was on Level 11 again, with only a handful of coins remaining to get to Level 12, just like when I'd started the game that time around. But it didn't take me long to get that level back. Hopefully it won't disappear again when I start the game next time.

I'm glad to hear the techies are working on things. Please keep us updated.

pinkster73
03-17-12, 05:36 PM
Ok I did the update and now I have collections.

However, I can't visit anyone in the community or my neighbors who are high level or have big shops. It force closes every time. It sucks to have neighbors that I can't visit. It is seriously hindering the game. I have a pet shop but no community around me.

lylahmae
03-17-12, 06:16 PM
Playing this game is still kind of a disaster.

Amen! Why all the force closes????

DiabeticFoodie
03-17-12, 06:22 PM

However, I can't visit anyone in the community or my neighbors who are high level or have big shops. It force closes every time. It sucks to have neighbors that I can't visit. It is seriously hindering the game. I have a pet shop but no community around me.

Yeah, this causes a big issue when playing with all your neighbor's animals. I notice I can go to anywhere between one and five people's pet stores before the game force-closes. RS and BS do it, too, but I never get a Force Close message; the game just abruptly stops and goes to my phone's main menu when it feels I've visited enough of my neighbor's restaurants/bakeries for that time.

pinkster73
03-17-12, 06:38 PM
Ok I did pay attention to my coins during collecting. MY GOLDFISH GAVE ME 20 (THAT'S RIGHT TWENTY) COINS INSTEAD OF 200. No wonder I can't afford anything! It gave me 200 coins a few days ago. I'm mad now. 20 coins for 1 day? Are you kidding me? My other stuff gives me more then that EVERY 5 MINUTES. FIX THIS NOW. What a gong show. I'm not happy.

DiabeticFoodie
03-17-12, 06:54 PM
Pinkster - When you tapped the Collect button, did both a coin AND a paw pop out simultaneously? Because that's what's been happening to me lately and, yes, it results in my getting only 20 coins instead of, say, the 466 I should be getting from the garter snakes. When only a coin pops out when you hit the Collect button, it gives you the correct coinage. But there's no telling when it's going to muck up and distribute the coin/paw combo or just the coin. I have put off hitting the Collect button on the goldfish and garter snakes lately, for this reason, in hoping they'll fix the problem soon. It seems to favor screwing me over on the high-coin pets, but working just fine on the low-coin pets. Figures.

pinkster73
03-17-12, 07:06 PM
Pinkster - When you tapped the Collect button, did both a coin AND a paw pop out simultaneously? Because that's what's been happening to me lately and, yes, it results in my getting only 20 coins instead of, say, the 466 I should be getting from the garter snakes. When only a coin pops out when you hit the Collect button, it gives you the correct coinage. But there's no telling when it's going to muck up and distribute the coin/paw combo or just the coin. I have put off hitting the Collect button on the goldfish and garter snakes lately, for this reason, in hoping they'll fix the problem soon. It seems to favor screwing me over on the high-coin pets, but working just fine on the low-coin pets. Figures.

Yes every time I collect a coin and a paw print comes out. You're suggesting I don't tap them and just let them go automatically and it may help?

And it seems to affect the high coin collects more then the short term lower ones.

I can't afford to expand, to buy decorations, to buy certain pets, and I'm getting shorted in my coins BIG TIME :(

DiabeticFoodie
03-17-12, 07:15 PM
I got the impression that there are no automatic collections. Is that not right? Don't you actually have to tap on the Collect button in order to get any coins, which is what might prompt you to play the game more often? So, no, I'm not suggestion anything in the way of automatic collection, because I'm not sure there is such a thing. But, yeah, it does affect the high-coin pets more than the low-coin pets, which almost makes me think this was done on purpose. I mean, why would it randomly affect the high-coin pets more than the low-coin ones? Then again, why would TL do this on purpose? They probably wouldn't, so I'm just full of smoke there.

kooky panda
03-17-12, 07:17 PM

Are you only seeing the force closing are the large shops?

Hoping they soon fix the issue I mentioned with a coin and a paw popping out of the Collect button, and thus awarding me only 20 coins per animal. Really annoying when you're supposed to be getting 200-400 coins per pen.

I haven't had an issue with the Collections tab or the ghost animals. I hadn't had an issue with the leveling down, either, until about ten minutes ago. I went from Level 11 to Level 12, then went to a neighbor's store. When I came back to my store, I was on Level 11 again, with only a handful of coins remaining to get to Level 12, just like when I'd started the game that time around. But it didn't take me long to get that level back. Hopefully it won't disappear again when I start the game next time.

I'm glad to hear the techies are working on things. Please keep us updated.

Where are you getting the cost per animal when you collect?( 200-400 per pen)

pinkster73
03-17-12, 07:34 PM

I got the cost from the spreadsheet in the sticky in pet discussion. And yesterday I got 200 coins from my goldfish and only 20 today. 20 coins for 22 hours. Some others give 20 coins every 5 minutes. Something isn't right.

No I get the force closes randomly at lower level shops that are smaller, and almost 100% of the time at big, high level ones.

DiabeticFoodie
03-17-12, 07:38 PM

I'm not quite sure what you mean. When I click on my garter snake habitat and then click Upgrade, it shows me how many coins I'm earning currently, versus how many coins I will earn if I upgrade. Is that what you mean?

ButterPanda
03-17-12, 07:41 PM

What pet or pets are you collecting from that this is happening with?

kooky panda
03-17-12, 08:08 PM
I got the cost from the spreadsheet in the sticky in pet discussion. And yesterday I got 200 coins from my goldfish and only 20 today. 20 coins for 22 hours. Some others give 20 coins every 5 minutes. Something isn't right.

BP: goldfish

DiabeticFoodie
03-17-12, 08:20 PM
All of them. I've got short-haired cats, birmans, garter snakes, goldfish, Afghan hounds, beagles, German shepherds, chihuahuas, golden retrievers, and hamsters.

Here's a photo. The only problem with this photo is that I notice when I turn the camera function on, all the Collect and Feed buttons disappear. But I assure you that the Feed button was still present above the chihuahuas. It was there before I took the pic, and it was there after. I wish the picture showed it accurately.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/60257479@N07/6845568470/in/photostream

DiabeticFoodie
03-17-12, 08:21 PM
My picture didn't post. What am I doing wrong?

DiabeticFoodie
03-17-12, 08:22 PM
Trying again...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/60257479@N07/6845568470/

DiabeticFoodie
03-17-12, 08:23 PM
Okay, I give up. Was trying to post a flickr photo. Here's the link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/60257479@N07/6845568470/

pinkster73
03-17-12, 08:26 PM
[QUOTE=DiabeticFoodie;261366]Trying again...

Here you go DiabeticFoodie:

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i344/pinkster73/6845568470_fc1291941d.jpg

DiabeticFoodie
03-17-12, 08:36 PM
How on Earth did you do that?! I put the URL in the Insert Image box, but, well, I don't get it. Thank you, by the way!

pinkster73
03-17-12, 08:38 PM
How on Earth did you do that?! I put the URL in the Insert Image box, but, well, I don't get it. Thank you, by the way!

Try just posting the url where you type. Don't use the box. I use mobile Photobucket

pinkster73
03-17-12, 10:12 PM
Ok I just did a round of collections. When I hit collect then feed, a coin and a paw print pop up. About 5 seconds after I hit collect, if I don't touch the coin or paw print, the coins that the animals give get added to my coins. Then I touch the coin and paw print and I get an experience point and 20 coins. All my animals seemed to have worked like they should except the goldfish. No money added to my total, just the 20 from touching the coin.

DiabeticFoodie
03-18-12, 02:08 AM
Ok I just did a round of collections. When I hit collect then feed, a coin and a paw print pop up. About 5 seconds after I hit collect, if I don't touch the coin or paw print, the coins that the animals give get added to my coins. Then I touch the coin and paw print and I get an experience point and 20 coins. All my animals seemed to have worked like they should except the goldfish. No money added to my total, just the 20 from touching the coin.

Wait, what?? In one sentence you said if you touch both the Collect and the Feed buttons and wait five minutes, you get the full coin amount you're supposed to. But then you said, "No money added, just 20 from touching the coin." Is that an extra 20 you're getting, or 20 total?

When I click Collect, a coin and a paw pop out. Then when I hit Feed, another paw pops out. I haven't waited five minutes to touch the coin or the paw, but I guess I could try that. Couldn't hurt. I don't get the full Experience values, either. Some of my pets are supposed to give for or five Experience points, but I only get one per paw.

DiabeticFoodie
03-18-12, 02:44 AM

I did what you said, and it worked! Yaaaaaay!

pinkster73
03-18-12, 10:51 AM
I did what you said, and it worked! Yaaaaaay!

Yay!!!! I'll find out today if it works for the goldfish too.

Bogiefurret
03-18-12, 05:08 PM
I am playing on a thrive tablet android Version 3.2.1 honeycomb. My pet story version is 1.0.5.1. My problem is forced closing. When I visit neighbors it force closes every 3 or 4 vists. When writing on my message wall it closes . Please this is driving me nuts.

pinkster73
03-18-12, 05:42 PM
I still can't visit people or travel the community without force closing. So my pet store is quite isolated.

My theory posted above worked for my goldfish today. With my way I collected 200 coins from the goldfish, then the additional 20 coins. It still needs fixed though so we can tap whatever in any order without waiting and still get the proper amount of coins.

acrecce
03-19-12, 01:19 AM
Oh man Murphy must be lovin me big time today. Want to test the "dont tap on the coin when a coin and paw pops out simultaneously" and guess what............ever since i read the possible fix, just coins pop out Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Now the other issue which is seriously ticking me off and frustrating the whatever outta me is the levelling up and down multiple times a day.
PLEASE SORT THIS OUT

Yesterday i was visiting nbrs and levelled up to level 19. woot woot - N O T
When i returned to my home and went to see new messages and came back, TL stole 125 XP and i was back at level 18.

This happened 7 times in total, no real way to see what went wrong. I tried NOT visiting nbrs for a bit after levelling up, getting some extra XP through collections, NOT checking messages, NOT exiting the game

NOTHING works.

Once the main screen is changed in any way the XP decreases and i level down again, even if the screen is cut due to inactivity. In total an amount of approx 600-800 XP was stolen from me. And i counted them when levelling up and down and up and down.

If i was for example on 10 000 XP and visited 1 nbr and got 30C and 30XP i went back to my home and had 10 030XP, and for example then levelled up, then after levelling up and visited again or whatever, the total reverted to the begin total each time and by the 7th level up i had no more nbrs left to visit to gain more XP. Thus it takes away your XP but doesnt give you the chance to revisit the nbrs to regain the "lost" XP

acrecce
03-19-12, 01:22 AM
Oh one more thing..........its NOT just a level 18-19 thing
It happens every time i level up. I just didnt know the game well enough in the beginning to check the actual XP amounts and wasnt irked enough till now.
With all the XP i have "lost" i couldve been level 20 something by now

acrecce
03-19-12, 01:37 AM
Just tried the coin and paw popping out remedy.....................it didnt work, got 20C no matter how long i waited. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Also tried on the Hamsters, Flemmish rabbits and snake, got 20 coins for each, seriously stealing my hard awaited money

DiabeticFoodie
03-19-12, 06:21 AM
I have gone between Level 12 and 13 three times now in the last several hours. Yeah, it's annoying. I wish they'd sort out this **** finally.

DiabeticFoodie
03-19-12, 06:22 AM
I've thought about taking pics of the leveling up and down, but without time stamps on the pics I doubt it would do any good.

pinkster73
03-19-12, 07:05 AM
It would nice if I could visit neighbors, or check out other shops from the community. :(

acrecce
03-19-12, 07:08 AM
It would nice if I could visit neighbors, or check out other shops from the community.

Sorry if youve already said why..............but why cant you (Think i may have missed it if you did mention)

It just annoys me to visit nbrs, besides my XP dropping instead of increasing, the force closing ticks me off

acrecce
03-19-12, 07:09 AM
I've thought about taking pics of the leveling up and down, but without time stamps on the pics I doubt it would do any good.

Im gonna try next time im due for a level up..........if TL doesnt believe the pics themselves, they can always check the metadata to see in which order they were taken

pinkster73
03-19-12, 07:13 AM
Sorry if youve already said why..............but why cant you (Think i may have missed it if you did mention)

It just annoys me to visit nbrs, besides my XP dropping instead of increasing, the force closing ticks me off

Because of the terrible lag and force closes. And I also have a case of the mysterious level up level down disease.

acrecce
03-19-12, 07:28 AM
Because of the terrible lag and force closes. And I also have a case of the mysterious level up level down disease

Ahhhhhhhhhh OK gotcha,

Ive reverted to being a terrible terrible nbr visiting wise. I just gift daily...............till TL sorts this out. There really is many other things i can chase my blood pressure up with, this aint one of them

pinkster73
03-19-12, 07:34 AM
Ahhhhhhhhhh OK gotcha,

Ive reverted to being a terrible terrible nbr visiting wise. I just gift daily...............till TL sorts this out. There really is many other things i can chase my blood pressure up with, this aint one of them

I know! I hate being a terrible neighbor. I'm a good neighbor on farm. For my pet neighbors I have a few from the forum that know I'm not doing visits, then a few random people who are now knowing I don't visit.

Ps people reading this please don't add me, it wasn't a plea for neighbors :)

acrecce
03-19-12, 08:07 AM
OK everybody who has leveling up/down or XP going missing issues...............i just (seriously bout 10 mins ago) noticed my coins are disappearing as well
When i hit collect and finish up throughout the shop my total is lets say 20 231........then if you just stay on the home page for about 5 seconds the total drops (At this point it seems to deduct the last collection you made) Not sure but still checking

What else can g wrong?

Now i have issues with the following (TL take note)

1. XP not staying the same thus making us level UP and down and UP and down between the same levels numerous times. At every level up/down cycle
(Im on level 19 now ...........immagine what couldve been) :rolleyes:
2. Coin totals decreasing once collecting has finished :mad:
3. When a coin and paw pops out simultaneously, you get a flat rate of 20 coins. No matter what, and it seems to affect the BIG earners more often :mad::mad:

mrees2136
03-20-12, 07:33 PM
I have had SO many issues since starting the game! So I just uninstalled it and reinstalled it. Anything I download is done within a minute or so. It took roughly about 30 minutes! But I opened it back up and after waiting a few minutes I saw all of my collections for the first time!! I could never see what animals I needed to complete a collection. Then I went to the market to see how much a few of them cost and "force close"!! This is very frustrating!! I don't keep track of my coins very well so I don't know if they are going down. I do know that I have leveled up more than once and while still playing it tells me I leveled up again to the level it just said I got too moments before. I can't see half the stuff. I have play pens that look empty 90% of the time. I can't see what I just unlocked when I level up. Everything is just empty boxes. It force closes all the time. Mine is really zoomed in too. Takes forever to load to the point that you can unzoom it. This game is SO frustrating. I want to play it because RS and BS don't have goals and such so after you reach 96 its pretty boring as you wait (way longer than a week) for food updates so that you have something to do when using an Android. But its driving me insane. I have had my pets "follow" me to neighbors but it force closes so often that I just don't visit them anymore. Also it tells me I received whatever from my neighbors and to collect the bonus now, how are we supposed to "collect"? There is nothing different. And I try to click on the animals but nothing happens. I have an Android incredible. I have no idea what the version is.

pinkster73
03-20-12, 07:57 PM
I still can't visit anyone without force closing............

And my money goes up and down still.........

Is it getting fixed? Bueller?

mrees2136
03-20-12, 08:02 PM
I just paid attention to my coins. Went from $8210 to $7626 without closing the game. I've spent over $40 in real money on gems for the impossible to do without them goals in the 2 weeks that I've been playing!! Pretty sure I'm done with this game.

pinkster73
03-20-12, 08:05 PM
I just paid attention to my coins. Went from $8210 to $7626 without closing the game. I've spent over $40 in real money on gems for the impossible to do without them goals in the 2 weeks that I've been playing!! Pretty sure I'm done with this game.

It sucks to go do a round of collections and you end up with less money then when you started.

Bogiefurret
03-21-12, 01:19 AM
Force closing is driving me nuts. Just gifting my 20 neighbors I had 3 forced closing. I will have to track my coins. It is impossible to keep. A 4 star rating.

lylahmae
03-21-12, 08:07 PM
Money disappears, levels go backward, the coins/xp you are awarded IF you can visit a neighbor NEVER show up, almost every goal requires gems that there is NO WAY to earn (even if you could they would probably disappear), and if all that isn't enough.......FORCE CLOSE!!!!!!!

PS I uninstalled reinstalled moved to sd card closed all other apps restarted my phone (my fully updated phone that is) and no change!

THE FORCE CLOSING IS NOT MY FAULT!

Ok now I feel better...like flipping a table:)

pinkster73
03-21-12, 08:35 PM
http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i344/pinkster73/PicsArt_1332387183851.png

kooky panda
03-21-12, 08:36 PM
http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i344/pinkster73/PicsArt_1332387183851.png

feel better now??? lol

pinkster73
03-21-12, 08:37 PM
feel better now??? lol

It helped yes, thanks :)

DiabeticFoodie
03-22-12, 06:20 PM
I have had SO many issues since starting the game! So I just uninstalled it and reinstalled it. Anything I download is done within a minute or so. It took roughly about 30 minutes! But I opened it back up and after waiting a few minutes I saw all of my collections for the first time!! I could never see what animals I needed to complete a collection. Then I went to the market to see how much a few of them cost and "force close"!! This is very frustrating!! I don't keep track of my coins very well so I don't know if they are going down. I do know that I have leveled up more than once and while still playing it tells me I leveled up again to the level it just said I got too moments before. I can't see half the stuff. I have play pens that look empty 90% of the time. I can't see what I just unlocked when I level up. Everything is just empty boxes. It force closes all the time. Mine is really zoomed in too. Takes forever to load to the point that you can unzoom it. This game is SO frustrating. I want to play it because RS and BS don't have goals and such so after you reach 96 its pretty boring as you wait (way longer than a week) for food updates so that you have something to do when using an Android. But its driving me insane. I have had my pets "follow" me to neighbors but it force closes so often that I just don't visit them anymore. Also it tells me I received whatever from my neighbors and to collect the bonus now, how are we supposed to "collect"? There is nothing different. And I try to click on the animals but nothing happens. I have an Android incredible. I have no idea what the version is.

I also don't understand how I'm supposed to collect the points from when people play with my pets. I see no way to do this, yet one of my neighbors wrote on my wall the other day that I was full. I've gotten bored with this game and, like the rest of you, have resorted to only gifting my neighbors instead of visiting since the force-close issue is so rampant. I've pretty much stopped playing PSS altogether. I'll go in MAYBE once per day to collect or take a baby out of the nursery, but that's about it.

Nahiyana
03-23-12, 01:37 AM
For me this has gotten to the point where I am afraid to play this game.
I have the bugs mentioned earlier in this thread: XP and levels bouncing up and down, getting both a paw and a coin on the first tap at collecting which only gives 20 coins.
I don't seem to have the ghosting animals when visiting neighbors, however I have something worse.
As soon as I visit my neighbors my phone starts overheating! Literally to the point where the screen gets too hot to touch.
I can mess around in my own pet site for an hour and my phone is hardly warm, and then I go visit people and my phone thinks it's an oven.
It also force closes after a couple of neighbors, I have no idea of that is the same issue other people are having or if it's due to the overheating.
I can play any other game just fine without the phone going warm, in fact when it overheats due to pet shop and I switch to bakery for instance it actually cools down again.
So well, rather scary stuff.
My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S2, not rooted our anything like that, and with no overheating problems anywhere else.

Nahiyana
03-23-12, 02:10 AM
So between my last post and this one I tried restarting my device and reinstalling the game, but the overheating still persists.
I would also like to add it doesn't matter wether the phone is hooked up to the charger and charging or not, it overheats in both cases.
I also do not have other things running in the background except for normal Android stuff.
(and possibly restaurant + bakery + nightclub if that does things in the background)
I can't move the game to an external SD card as it has none, so can't try that.

Rachael98
03-23-12, 02:20 AM
So between my last post and this one I tried restarting my device and reinstalling the game, but the overheating still persists.
I would also like to add it doesn't matter wether the phone is hooked up to the charger and charging or not, it overheats in both cases.
I also do not have other things running in the background except for normal Android stuff.
(and possibly restaurant + bakery + nightclub if that does things in the background)

If it overheats too much - at least in the UK - that's the phone developer's fault and they're in trouble.

Nahiyana
03-23-12, 02:31 AM
If it overheats too much - at least in the UK - that's the phone developer's fault and they're in trouble.
Except that it doesn't do it with anything else. Only goes slightly warm when I start multiple apps plus a YouTube video for half an hour at least, yet when I start pet shop story and visit neighbors it gets really really hot within minutes!

kooky panda
03-23-12, 04:49 AM

Check your version for your device to see if you have the most current version. I think you need to be at least 2.2 to be able to move your games to SD card.
I do not think the game has anything to do with your device overheating.

Nahiyana
03-23-12, 05:06 AM
Check your version for your device to see if you have the most current version. I think you need to be at least 2.2 to be able to move your games to SD card.

I love the game, so I really was hoping it wasn't that. But I did more testing and googling and the place where it heats up the most is just left of the camera and that is where the CPU is located. It seems the CPU usage of this game is fine normally, but it shoots up to twice as much when visiting neighbors as opposed to just being in my own shop. That seems to be too much to handle for my phone. And as I said, even opening multiple apps plus a video doesn't recreate the heat so I'm having a hard time believing my phone is the sole culprit. I'm not nearly geeky enough to be able to find the cause or a solution though. Just wish I could play!

Nahiyana
03-23-12, 05:10 AM
Oh and I forgot to say the version is 2.3.5 not that it really matters so much as I don't own one if those external SD cards. And when I check for updates for my phone it doesn't find any.

bbieprnc
03-23-12, 06:09 AM
I am having the same issues as the first post - all of his numbers. I also have pets and trees disappear and reappear, which was mentioned in other posts and other threads. I have Motorolla Droid 2.

kooky panda
03-30-12, 02:20 PM
Hey guys there is new update for android( version 1.0.5.2). Hopefully some issues have been addressed.

trace35
03-30-12, 03:19 PM

Most of us ave had this trouble at some stage. If u achieve a goal before it appears it doesn't register it! Lol! U might have to purchase another sign sorry! Annoying I know.

ariesblu
03-30-12, 03:24 PM
Most of us ave had this trouble at some stage. If u achieve a goal before it appears it doesn't register it! Lol! U might have to purchase another sign sorry! Annoying I know.

That is a little ridiculous to have to do that. :(

pinkster73
03-30-12, 03:28 PM
The update seems to have fixed everything except the lag. No force closing.

DaojinWildfire
03-30-12, 03:58 PM
The new version fixes various game crash and force close issues. I recommend updating to the latest version if you have not do so already.

pinkster73
03-30-12, 04:36 PM
Update = thumbs up

stagebeauty
04-02-12, 06:45 AM
That is a little ridiculous to have to do that. :(

I agree! Especially since they made you buy that sign for an earlier goal.

I'm having the exact same problem, and I can assure you, I did the following steps:

1. My goal showed:

Cat Matters (Step One)

Cat Sign (green check from already having in store)
Scratching Post - 0/1

2. Purchase Scratching Post

Cat Sign (green check)
Scratching Post (green check

3. NOTHING HAPPENS

4. Sell Cat Sign & Scratching Post

Cat Sign 0/1
Scratching Post 0/1

5. Purchase both again

Cat Sign 1/1
Scratching Post 1/1

6. NOTHING HAPPENS

So I can assure you that - at least for this user - purchasing the sign again did nothing.

stagebeauty
04-02-12, 05:19 PM
I agree! Especially since they made you buy that sign for an earlier goal.

I'm having the exact same problem, and I can assure you, I did the following steps:

1. My goal showed:

Cat Matters (Step One)

Cat Sign (green check from already having in store)
Scratching Post - 0/1

2. Purchase Scratching Post

Cat Sign (green check)
Scratching Post (green check

3. NOTHING HAPPENS

4. Sell Cat Sign & Scratching Post

Cat Sign 0/1
Scratching Post 0/1

5. Purchase both again

Cat Sign 1/1
Scratching Post 1/1

6. NOTHING HAPPENS

So I can assure you that - at least for this user - purchasing the sign again did nothing.

Wish I could edit my post... :) I have now found there's a 3rd goal for this.

There should be a scroll bar to make it more obvious.

creecherness
04-03-12, 05:25 PM

Not that you'd be able to do anything about it, but I also have the Samsung Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch) and this game does in fact cause the phone to overheat, to the point where the screen is hot to the touch. And it is just this game, as far as I can tell.

Sorry, just thought I'd give Nahiyana some much needed validation.

stagebeauty
04-04-12, 09:09 AM
I have the most recent version and am still having the 20 coin bug. It seems like this happens to pets that have been played with, 1 paw + 20 coins collect, then 1 paw when fed.

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't feel like an extra paw makes up for losing 300+ coins on animals that you can only collect from 1-2 times a day.

pinkster73
04-04-12, 09:28 AM
Today I reached level 19 so I could get the siamese cat. 3 TIMES!!! Applause and the picture of the siamese cat all three times. And now at the time of posting this I'M ON LEVEL 18!!!!! NO SIAMESE CAT AHHHHH!!!!!

stagebeauty
04-04-12, 09:34 AM
Today I reached level 19 so I could get the siamese cat. 3 TIMES!!! Applause and the picture of the siamese cat all three times. And now at the time of posting this I'M ON LEVEL 18!!!!! NO SIAMESE CAT AHHHHH!!!!!

I read in another thread that experience gained from visiting neighbors isn't saving sometimes. I've gotten around it by exiting the game while at the neighbors and re-entering about 5 minutes later, or continuing to visit neighbors for another 3-4 minutes after my level announcement, instead of going right back and buying my new pet.

pinkster73
04-04-12, 09:52 AM
I read in another thread that experience gained from visiting neighbors isn't saving sometimes. I've gotten around it by exiting the game while at the neighbors and re-entering about 5 minutes later, or continuing to visit neighbors for another 3-4 minutes after my level announcement, instead of going right back and buying my new pet.

Ok good suggestion. But we shouldn't have to do that.

hexybeverly
04-07-12, 05:46 AM
I have the most recent version and am still having the 20 coin bug. It seems like this happens to pets that have been played with, 1 paw + 20 coins collect, then 1 paw when fed.

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't feel like an extra paw makes up for losing 300+ coins on animals that you can only collect from 1-2 times a day.

I have this issue too, I like this game a lot but with this bug, it actually eats a BIG chunk of my income and thus I'm finding it hard to play. Kindly fix this soon!

Booksavvy
04-07-12, 08:02 AM
The issue seemed to have resolved until today. Once again, when vusiting neighbors I'm not getting the +20/30 coins-+20/30 paws pop up. I've reached level 30 4 times today o.0 I'm not getting the Daily Log In Bonus. My coins/exp from collecting aren't saving, but the timer is resetting for accumulation. My nursery timer isn't progressing (I've had 19 more hours since last night).
I have 2 shops, booksavvy on Atrix and BookSavvy1 on Droid Razr Maxx. The aforementioned issues were from the Razr, the Atrix is experiencing SOME, but not all of the issues. I've logged out and everything started back where it was when I first logged in this morning; none of my gains saved, but my animals were all reset.

Booksavvy
04-07-12, 08:07 AM
Tried this and the game "Force Closed"

pinkster73
04-07-12, 09:20 AM
I don't visit neighbors or touch any coins or paw prints. It sucks.

adorablechic
04-08-12, 04:22 PM
when i visit neighbors i get like 20 or 30xp, but never takes it.

kooky panda
04-08-12, 06:32 PM
when i visit neighbors i get like 20 or 30xp, but never takes it.

this is a design glitch where an extra 0 is added on the screen, but you should only be getting 2-3 xps for nbrs that you visit.

stagebeauty
04-09-12, 01:23 PM
this is a design glitch where an extra 0 is added on the screen, but you should only be getting 2-3 xps for nbrs that you visit.

Thanks for the update. Do you have an update on the Collect = 20 coins + 1 paw / Feed = 1 paw issue?

kooky panda
04-09-12, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the update. Do you have an update on the Collect = 20 coins + 1 paw / Feed = 1 paw issue?

Is this where you are not getting the proper coins when collecting from animals? If so I thought this was fixed in the lastest update from android market.

Here is what member said worked.

stagebeauty
04-09-12, 03:12 PM
Is this where you are not getting the proper coins when collecting from animals? If so I thought this was fixed in the lastest update from android market.

Here is what member said worked.

What the member said didn't sound like TL had fixed it, more like a work-around.

Sometimes it works if I don't touch anything, but I don't think it's *fixed* if by touching what pops out keeps the correct total from adding to my money.

I'm not 100% sure, but this seems to be tied to pets that have been played with. If the pet has been played with, I get this bug. If not, I don't.

And sometimes even if I let it sit and let the game auto-collect the items that have popped out, I can watch the total go up, then back down without touching a thing. I'm playing on a Kindle Fire, but I'm playing the latest Android update (not the latest Kindle update) through side-loading.

pinkster73
04-09-12, 03:54 PM
Correct, it was a work around, not a fix.

pinkster73
04-09-12, 03:56 PM
And note that "the member" also stated that high paying animals like the goldfish don't pay properly even with the work around.

greygull
04-12-12, 12:23 PM
There's a new Google Play update today. I don't know what it's fixed, but hopefully lots. Says "Major Stability Improvements!".

phd123
04-13-12, 04:35 PM
From this morning - I do not have any of the exterior decoration graphics in both Pet Shop & Zoo Story 2. for example the Trees in Pet Shop & Entrance Way in Zoo Story 2. The games work as usual though.

Phone : Samsung Galaxy Nexus running Android 4.04 (ICS).
Ive tried force closing the game, uninstalling / reinstalling to no avail. The phone does not have an SD card slot built in should anyone suggest moving to SD.

I guess this is something at TL's end that needs fixing.

Thanks

pinkster73
04-13-12, 04:42 PM
Neither do I. Uuuugly

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i344/pinkster73/pet_shop-2012-04-13-05-39-51.png

kooky panda
04-13-12, 04:55 PM
From this morning - I do not have any of the exterior decoration graphics in both Pet Shop & Zoo Story 2. for example the Trees in Pet Shop & Entrance Way in Zoo Story 2. The games work as usual though.

Phone : Samsung Galaxy Nexus running Android 4.04 (ICS).
Ive tried force closing the game, uninstalling / reinstalling to no avail. The phone does not have an SD card slot built in should anyone suggest moving to SD.

I guess this is something at TL's end that needs fixing.

Thanks

Did this happen when you downloaded the most recent update?

phd123
04-13-12, 05:20 PM
Did this happen when you downloaded the most recent update?

I dont think so. There wasnt an update for Zoo Story 2 so I'm thinking its not related to updates.

pinkster73
04-13-12, 05:39 PM
Are you reporting my ugly neighborhood?

kooky panda
04-13-12, 07:02 PM
yes I did report the ugly neighborhoods. Has it been bare every since you first downloaded the game?

pinkster73
04-13-12, 07:13 PM
No I've always had the nice surrounding neighborhood. This is brand new.

kooky panda
04-14-12, 08:05 AM
okay guys this is not a bug. The background scene and various animations have been disabled from lower end devices to improve gameplay performance.

phd123
04-14-12, 08:21 AM
okay guys this is not a bug. The background scene and various animations have been disabled from lower end devices to improve gameplay performance.

Well that is rubbish to start with. I have the highest spec'd Android phone on the market currently - (Samsung Galaxy Nexus) so TL saying it is a lower end device is laughable.

phd123
04-14-12, 02:15 PM
So please can you raise this again and ask for a sensible answer ??

pinkster73
04-14-12, 02:32 PM
Excuse me? Lower end device? Think again. Donkeys.

pinkster73
04-14-12, 02:33 PM
By the way, making my neighborhood ugly didn't "improve the gameplay" whatsoever.

cayln666
04-16-12, 06:08 AM
hi all
i have the latest pet shop story, but i'm still experiencing the following problems:
1. coin + paw only gives 20 coins when collecting.low.
this results in one of the 2 results be
2. total coins increase by some amount, then suddenly reverts back to the original number before collection, essentially losing the collection.
3. similar to point 2, but the total reverts to a number between 1 - 5 coins higher than the original amount before collection. - gain 1 - 5 coins as opposed to amount expected.
4. Visiting neighbours still does not save your 20/30 exp/coins. - kooky, i know you said this was a graphic issue with an extra zero added, but fact is, the other games do give you +20/30 exp/coins, and i dont know about the rest of the population, but 2/3 exp/coins isnt worth visiting your mates for.
5. gems disappearing. i've PMed butter panda, kooky panda and sent the same mail to teamlava support, and the only response i have had so far is from kooky - thanks dude. could TL ppl please have a look at my ticket (#322649)
6. the total number of coins increases correctly, but when collecting the feeding paw, drops by 1 coin.

1.device: SGS2, OS 2.3.6 darky rom mod
2. petshop story V1.0.5.3

any feedback is appreciated

cayln666
04-16-12, 06:12 AM
EDIT: i dont where where ".low." came from, pls ignore that text.

DiabeticFoodie
04-16-12, 08:03 AM
Sooooo, what I'm getting from this is that I shouldn't bother updating to the latest version of PSS. I'm still on 1.0.5.3.

And, what's your definition of "lower-end phones", kooky panda? I'm kind of assuming you mean to say, "All Androids," which honestly makes me feel like an African American before the Civil Rights Act of '64, or like a red-headed step child. My HTC EVO 4G may cost a couple hundred less than an iPhone, but that doesn't make it "lower-end".

I realize iPhone has one OS platform, while Android has several, but there's bound to be some techie(s) out there who can successfully program for all Android platforms.

kooky panda
04-16-12, 08:12 AM
hi all
i have the latest pet shop story, but i'm still experiencing the following problems:
2. total coins increase by some amount, then suddenly reverts back to the original number before collection, essentially losing the collection.
3. similar to point 2, but the total reverts to a number between 1 - 5 coins higher than the original amount before collection. - gain 1 - 5 coins as opposed to amount expected.
4. Visiting neighbours still does not save your 20/30 exp/coins. - kooky, i know you said this was a graphic issue with an extra zero added, but fact is, the other games do give you +20/30 exp/coins, and i dont know about the rest of the population, but 2/3 exp/coins isnt worth visiting your mates for.
5. gems disappearing. i've PMed butter panda, kooky panda and sent the same mail to teamlava support, and the only response i have had so far is from kooky - thanks dude. could TL ppl please have a look at my ticket (#322649)
6. the total number of coins increases correctly, but when collecting the feeding paw, drops by 1 coin.

I will check to see where they are on some of these issues.
As for the
XP when visting nbr,.on all my other games, I only get 1,2 or 3 xps as a bonus . I will received 20-30 coins but the xps are in the single digits.

pinkster73
04-16-12, 08:13 AM
Sooooo, what I'm getting from this is that I shouldn't bother updating to the latest version of PSS. I'm still on 1.0.5.3.

And, what's your definition of "lower-end phones", kooky panda? I'm kind of assuming you mean to say, "All Androids," which honestly makes me feel like an African American before the Civil Rights Act of '64, or like a red-headed step child. My HTC EVO 4G may cost a couple hundred less than an iPhone, but that doesn't make it "lower-end".

I realize iPhone has one OS platform, while Android has several, but there's bound to be some techie(s) out there who can successfully program for all Android platforms.

Correct. The latest update fixed nothing. All it did was take away the pretty neighborhood and make it an ugly solid green. It looks dumb. It did not improve game play. Just made it look cheap. But I guess our lower end devices can't handle having a surrounding neighborhood.

Ps it was not kooky who said we have lower end devices, she's the messenger.

wcorissa
04-16-12, 05:36 PM
Ugh! I am having all these issues!!! I just leveled up from visiting neighbors, and it set me back then wouldn't give me experience from visiting neighbors again. Not only this but the coins are disappearing. Samsung Mesmerize/Fascinate from 2011. US Cellular is carrier. I have actually been stupid enough to put money into this game just for it to be glitchy... I'm sick of it setting back my progress. Wouldn't be nearly as mad if I hadn't put money into it, but guess that's what I get.

kooky panda
04-18-12, 05:33 PM
okay guys on android and kindle fire. for the bug coin losses. I have been playing a little on my kindle fire and I am not see coin losses.
I know most of you cannot take pictures, but can you provide numbers?
Total coins when you exit out of your game at night.
Total bonus coins you get in the morning.
Then we you exit that screen total coins.
then exit out of your game and come in and provide your total coins.

I can then send these numbers over.

pinkster73
04-19-12, 09:12 AM
My coins are working now. Even if I tap the coin and paw print that pops out.

I do not get a daily bonus daily, its more like weekly. I don't even get the pop up.

I would like my neighborhood back. It's ugly now with stupid solid green.

kooky panda
04-19-12, 10:28 AM
Hey guys. I started pet on my kindle fire to test for loss coins. For two days, I seem to be getting the daily bonus money added when I open it in the morning, because I write down my coin total at night right before I shut down the game for the night, and
in the morning when I open I have more money added, but I have not gotten the daily pop up screen for two days.

Can you test tonight and check your coin total , then see if in the morning, even though you do not get the pop up for daily coins, if you have more coins than you had when you shut down the game?

pinkster73
04-19-12, 10:29 AM
Hey guys. I started pet on my kindle fire to test for loss coins. For two days, I seem to be getting the daily bonus money added when I open it in the morning, because I write down my coin total at night right before I shut down the game for the night, and
in the morning when I open I have more money added, but I have not gotten the daily pop up screen for two days.

Can you test tonight and check your coin total , then see if in the morning, even though you do not get the pop up for daily coins, if you have more coins than you had when you shut down the game?

Homework? Sigh, I guess :p

BlueberryFaerie
04-20-12, 01:04 PM
okay guys on android and kindle fire. for the bug coin losses. I have been playing a little on my kindle fire and I am not see coin losses.
I know most of you cannot take pictures, but can you provide numbers?
Total coins when you exit out of your game at night.
Total bonus coins you get in the morning.
Then we you exit that screen total coins.
then exit out of your game and come in and provide your total coins.

I can then send these numbers over.

Until I checked this thread I thought I was crazy thinking I kept losing coins and XP. I have still been seeing my coins disappear, but it took me a while to be able to screen cap it. I have a Samsung captivate glide (and why they chose screen cap to be pressing the home and power button at the same time I don't know - half the time I ended up locking my screen before getting the pictures). Anyway, these screen caps only show the loss of one coin but I have had it happen with more coins. This happened twice just when I was taking screen caps, but I'm only including one set of images. I also am having the neighbor XP problem. I know you said that it was a graphic mistake and it should only be 2 or 3 XP but it actually gives me 20 and shows as 20 until I close and restart the game and I lose the entire 20 XP thus resulting in no benefit for visiting neighbors.I screen capped that too if you need it.

I hope the images attach right.

pinkster73
04-24-12, 09:52 PM
I just did a round of collections from my pets and watched my coin count go up, then back down. Without touching anything or visiting anyone. I lost about half my money. I can't take screenshots of it because Android screenshots don't photograph the coins or gems etc, and because it happened too fast. Something is very wrong.

DiabeticFoodie
04-25-12, 09:56 AM
I uninstalled the game from my phone. Problems solved.

pinkster73
04-25-12, 09:57 AM
I uninstalled the game from my phone. Problems solved.

That would fix it ha ha

DaojinWildfire
04-25-12, 02:08 PM
I just did a round of collections from my pets and watched my coin count go up, then back down. Without touching anything or visiting anyone. I lost about half my money. I can't take screenshots of it because Android screenshots don't photograph the coins or gems etc, and because it happened too fast. Something is very wrong.
Can you confirm that my summary of your issue is correct?

1. You logged into the game, received Coins Earned From Last Visit, Daily Bonus, no issues.
2. Collect and nurture pets, gained coins, no issues.
3. Still on your screen, did nothing (no visit, gifting, etc), issue with missing coins.

pinkster73
04-25-12, 02:10 PM
Can you confirm that my summary of your issue is correct?

1. You logged into the game, received Coins Earned From Last Visit, Daily Bonus, no issues.
2. Collect and nurture pets, gained coins, no issues.
3. Still on your screen, did nothing (no visit, gifting, etc), issue with missing coins.

Right. I watched my coin count dropping.

greygull
04-25-12, 06:14 PM
There was an update in Google Play today to 1.0.5.4

pinkster73
04-25-12, 06:39 PM
I did the update. When I collect and feed my animals it goes faster. I'll keep an eye on my coins.

One thing I'm very sad about: I still have no surrounding neighborhood. Is it gone forever?

pinkster73
04-25-12, 06:42 PM
On the Android tablet which is operating on froyo there's a neighborhood. I'm gingerbread which is higher. ???

Also on the tablet since the update there's no force closes.

lylahmae
04-25-12, 07:12 PM
My neighborhood is gone too..... so did they get rid of the creepy people I don't have problems in my store since I blocked my door to stop them but if I visit neighbors I have all kinds of f/c issues.

pinkster73
04-25-12, 07:48 PM
My neighborhood is gone too..... so did they get rid of the creepy people I don't have problems in my store since I blocked my door to stop them but if I visit neighbors I have all kinds of f/c issues.

My creepy people can walk through whatever I block the door with.

lylahmae
04-25-12, 08:28 PM
My creepy people can walk through whatever I block the door with.

Oh that sucks! I really think they are my whole problem with the game.

rocgirl19
05-05-12, 04:26 PM
I am using a Samsung Galaxy S. I am also having the issue where i level up while visiting neigbors, but when i go back home Im at the previous level.. Very frustrating!!!! I have 100 nbrs and it takes a while to visit and play with all of them and to go back and find out your experience level is just where you started out from!! Annoying!!

pinkster73
05-05-12, 08:05 PM
Coin count still magically drops before my eyes. Still. And yes, still.

lylahmae
05-05-12, 08:07 PM
Coin count still magically drops before my eyes. Still. And yes, still.

Yes it does...still.

Bemco
05-17-12, 09:22 PM
Having android issues too. Sprint optimus s. My babies are stuck in nursery and I cant put them in their pens. Also most pets are ghosts. Cant see them in my shop or when I visit.

HydraGangrel
05-21-12, 09:01 PM
I am using a Samsung Galaxy S2. And I'm having all these problems (ghosting less, money rarely), mostly the issue with the "visiting bonus" that we're supposed to get for visiting neighbors, but it says "out of sync" and removes all I was given. frustrating. Its like wasting effort on something you're being told you're getting, when you don't get anything at all.

Morcash927
05-27-12, 05:53 AM
Hi, I am using an iPad2 with wifi on android gingerbread. My only problem seems to be I cannot send/return gifts to nghbrs. It has been a diminishing problem/issue: When this problem started, I could gift anyone that I hadnt gifted within the last 24? hrs. There seemed to be no limit. Then it froze, and I quit game to give it a day to reset. Then next day abt 10 friends were gifted, so I thought an update was done that I didnt know abt. Needless to say I was learning abt my iPad & how the push notifications work, etc...and still am learning abt that. Anyway, every day I can gift abt 4 nghbrs now & it freezes gifts. I click the gift icon image & nothing happens. I get a lot of gifts, and I like to gift back immediately so. If this is a game change or a glitch with the push notices I'd like to know how we can fix. I play the pet story and farm story games now.

Morcash927
05-27-12, 09:25 AM
Wow!!! In seconds after posting, I could see a change! Thank you teamlava!!!!

radtech123
05-27-12, 10:40 AM
I am using a Kindle Fire, and watching my coins decrease after I collect from my pets. I see that this is an ongoing problem, but is this going to be fixed? I uninstalled then reinstalled the game and it is still happening. And I'm not losing just a few coins. I'm losing a hundred or more at a time.

radtech123
05-27-12, 10:57 AM
I just realized that I'm losing coins in zoo story 2 as well.

Morcash927
05-27-12, 03:12 PM
Well, its back to its non gifting nghbrs tricks again. Is there anything I can do on my end? Please help me again. Thank you.

sagriffin
06-11-12, 12:41 PM
I am having the same issue. I know this post was April - but I cannot find answer. i Just collected my Horned Toad - and all i got wa 20 coins and a paw print. then pressed Nurture and got more paw prints. VERY upsetting.

sagriffin
06-11-12, 12:42 PM
hi all

SAME ISSUE - Please help!

sdzzap
06-27-12, 04:07 AM
I have to level up 3 to 6 times each level just for it to stick. for example I work hard to get enough XP to level up and leave happy, Then when I come back I am all the way back to were I started on XP and I can not earn the xp agian as I can not visit my neighbors I have already visited. I know the game is in sync because I have placed new pets out when I have leveled up and the pets i placed are still there. but all xp earned is gone. This pretty much makes it hard to keep playing because its very hard to get anywhere.

sdzzap
06-27-12, 04:18 AM
number 4 is my issue but its not when I go back home its when I leave the game. I can level up but when i leave then come back it is back to where I was b4. and all the neighbors i already visited are spent for the day (i can't go back and re-earn my xp/coins) the game is in sync as I can place new animals b4 i leave and when I come back the animals are still there but my XP and my level is all back down (GONE).

Stiggykitty
07-02-12, 10:38 AM
Does any of you get the daily bonus on android? I was getting them on iOS but now I'm not on the android at all.

pinkster73
07-02-12, 11:08 AM
So my brand new Samsung Galaxy Nexus is still too "low end" to have a surrounding neighborhood. Can someone clarify for me which androids aren't "low end devices"?

pinkster73
07-02-12, 11:09 AM
Does any of you get the daily bonus on android? I was getting them on iOS but now I'm not on the android at all.

I get a daily bonus.

lylahmae
07-02-12, 06:47 PM

Sporadically I get the bonus but not always...not even 50% and it just started like a month ago.

froghoppers
07-03-12, 01:38 PM
I have an HTC Inspire 4G. RS closes about three times a day. I get a blacl screen when RS is loading. Occasionally, a restaurant does not load. There are never goals. Runs very different from IPhone.

teresaviolet
07-05-12, 10:47 PM
I have an andriod with version 1.0.5.6 and everything works fine except my notifications. I get them but they are super random and sometimes for nothing. Example is i got a notif. For a neighbor request and nothing was there. Also when i go to my goals and click to request things ( treats yarn love) it sends the request and i never get it. I know this because my friend and i play and are neighbors and i sent my request to her and accepted it myseld off her phone and never recieved it. Also why do we have st patty goals in the middle of summer?

kupkakes444
07-07-12, 11:25 AM
when playing bakery story my coins disappear right in front of my eyes. i can earn 76,000 coins during the night and then push ok and it drops to 900 for NO reason. i can not even buy food to cook. VERY FRUSTRATING!!

pinkster73
07-07-12, 12:04 PM
when playing bakery story my coins disappear right in front of my eyes. i can earn 76,000 coins during the night and then push ok and it drops to 900 for NO reason. i can not even buy food to cook. VERY FRUSTRATING!!

Valid complaint, but there's no cooking in pet shop story.

metz15
08-16-12, 10:47 AM
Hi all,

I completed the goals awhile back and the goals icon went away. I believe there were new goals added, but the goals icon is missing. Does anyone know how to access the goals? or make the icon reappear?

I just installed the latest version of Pet Shop 1.0.5.6

metz15
08-16-12, 03:08 PM
Sorry for the additional post. I wanted to clarify on the disappearing goals icon issue.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, as well as, upgrading to 1.0.5.6, but this did not fix the problem. I've cleared the cache and data, but this also didn't fix the issue. The goals icon probably went away about 2 months agi, once all the goals at that time were completed. Now I see new pets with the "Unlocked by Goal" tag, but I can't find any way to access the "new" goals. Does any one else have this issue?

Thanks in advance for any help.

kslh
09-25-12, 12:17 PM
I play on kindle fire. I was just playing in my pet shop and hit $200,000 15 seconds later I was at $194,000. Did not purchase anything. Also my progress bar is not advancing as I collect xp's. I have been on level 50 for almost 3 weeks. When my husband goes in my shop on his IPod it shows my progress is halfway through level.

cheyaw
10-10-12, 12:10 PM
I keep losing coins! I usually like to collect first thing in the morning because there are so many habitats to collect from. At one point I lost 9,000 coins. I wasn't finished collecting so I watched more carefully. I would collect from several and then just watch the coins. Every single time it would take some away. I'll bet I lost over 12,000 coins just collecting the first batch of the day! :<

m2cute4jerks
10-12-12, 12:53 PM
OK so I HAD tasks to unlock the Halloween pets and now they disappeared! I am getting so ticked at all these issues for TL games, I spent $$$ on gems and can not play RS and BS and now this !! How do I get my $$$$ back for all gems purchased EVER and close these games for good? I am sick of the same answer to everything................UGH

kooky panda
10-12-12, 01:16 PM
OK so I HAD tasks to unlock the Halloween pets and now they disappeared! I am getting so ticked at all these issues for TL games, I spent $$$ on gems and can not play RS and BS and now this !! How do I get my $$$$ back for all gems purchased EVER and close these games for good? I am sick of the same answer to everything................UGH
This has been reported.

Current thread
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?37528-Pet-Shop-Goals-and-Collections-are-Missing

solstyce1234
10-13-12, 08:20 AM
have an Android phone; a Droid 3; so I have no UDID. I tried to do it with the IMEI but it tells me there isn't enough numbers.
I hope you can do a restore; I have spent hundreds on my farm. If you cannot, then there needs to be a disclaimer that the profile for Android phones is only good for the one device; I never would have spent this kind of $$$$ had I known I could not take it with me! And I will be truly VERY angry and loud if I lose hundreds of dollars on this.

maitai1976
11-02-12, 11:15 PM
Sorry for the additional post. I wanted to clarify on the disappearing goals icon issue.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, as well as, upgrading to 1.0.5.6, but this did not fix the problem. I've cleared the cache and data, but this also didn't fix the issue. The goals icon probably went away about 2 months agi, once all the goals at that time were completed. Now I see new pets with the "Unlocked by Goal" tag, but I can't find any way to access the "new" goals. Does any one else have this issue?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I noticed same thing. I see only the goal for Siamese family/Ocicat breed goal. Nothing else. But goal specific animals in market.
Is this a bug?

CarrieMel
11-05-12, 05:29 PM
idk if this has been said or not I went thru the first 4 pages of this thread and when I saw there's 21 omg. there's no way I can read all that. I don't have time I'm sorry! gimme an E for effort at least I tried to help myself before I bugged you

First issue. When going to visit a neighbours shop I get finished playing and then the game keeps opening these popup windows that tell me if I get just one more family blah blah blah I can get a new friend for a collection or something. all of this started when the game switched from Halloween to Thanksgiving. it was working fine until then.

My other issue is when I am finished w a neighbours shop it says I've completed goals that I know I've not done. the popup window opens like I have though same as the other one I mentioned. Also like the collection issue this too is happening after every single visit to somebody in the community.

the game also sends a third type of popup window after each visit that tells me my game is out of sync w the servers.

iv uninstalled and reinstalled all the story games, cleared cache, cleared history, uninstalled and reinstalled flash, turned the phone off, removed the battery, replaced the battery, bought a brand new router, had our DSL tested, taken my phone back to the store since its brand new and still under warranty.... and they found nothing wrong w it. I could copy all this into the 5 other story games I play if you would like but I'm out of options as to what to do next

MizCricket
11-06-12, 08:55 PM
I have the same problem above when visiting other shops. I keep getting popups saying I've completed a collection or need one more family to complete one. It happens on my phone and tablet. Both are android devices.

royalmissk
11-07-12, 08:27 AM
Same issues as CarrieMel on all three accounts. I'm also on the Halloween version. I have an HTC Evo 4G (Ice Cream Sandwich; latest update), and the lags on ALL Team Lava games are super crazy. For example, I spent all of my gems purchasing 1800 coins because the pop-up appeared two seconds later in the spot that I had pressed for another task. I made that much in the next half hour. Hah.
Also, I would unknowingly spend gems to complete BS appliances that require building and let it sit there, return after a couple of hours, and complete the said appliance thinking my great neighbors had sent me those parts as they always do. Pretty embarassing, as I sent a request to TL to return my "disappeared" gems, but was informed of my accidental purchases.
I found out that PSS has become the worst with lags in the last few days. Wasn't as bad when I was at a low level. Also, the force-close issue is terrible - it sometimes force-closes twice in a row, just after the game loads. It gets slower and slower as I visit more neighbors.

I've seen loads of HTC device user's posts that date back to a couple of years ago about the foul-language-inducing lag on TL games. Why hasn't this been address yet?
And it's really strange because sometimes the lag disappears in specific situations, which indicates that there is some way that the game can run without any lag on my device. A simple example is when I press the back button to exit the game in BS, and the main screen greys behind the pop-up that asks whether I'm sure I want to exit, the customers all of a sudden speed up to move at normal speed.

Sorry if I seem to have spoken more about BS than PSS, but really, the issues all overlap for many of the TL games.

PeruvianHelloKittyGirl
05-18-13, 02:47 AM
Samsung Droid Charge
version 1.0.6.1.

Since last month this game has been nearly unplayable. I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice.

the game is loading zoomed in near the front door and its impossible to zoom out because the game will force close. I can only collect on maybe 4 animals before the games closes. When I come back to the game it didn't recognize that I collected on those animals. I have purchased animals for the nursery and when I come back to the game they are not in the nursery but I lost the coins. I can't stay in the game long enough to collect babies in the nursery, I had to spend gems trying to get one boxer. I try to move in one direction and the screen moves the opposite way. my game no longer sends me notifications even though the feature is turned on. I can't collect gifts because the games lags. Basically the game force closes before I can do anything. this has been going on for weeks.

si03f
05-19-13, 02:08 PM
Storm8 ID- SI03F
Pet Shop Name- Paws and Claws
Pet Shop Version- 1.0.6.1
Model- TOSHIBA AT105
Android Version- 4.0.4

Since the last update I have become increasingly frustrated and annoyed with Pet Shop Story and am struggling to continue playing. There were a number of things wrong with this game before the update like a border collie costing 149 gems, needing the border collie to complete the collection in order to get a tree frog, and needing a tree frog to crossbreed a bull frog, and needing a bullfrog to complete a goal etc. But that's not what's important right now. Since the last update it has been IMPOSSIBLE for me to visit my neighbors! Every time I visit a neighbor, I immediately get a pop up that I completed the collection that has the bookshelf w/ a hampster in a car on top of it or w/e it is & then tells me to collect my reward, then tells me my shop is out of sync w/ the server, then a black box appears somewhere on the screen, then the screen starts flashing rapidly and then will eventually close the game all together. Needless to say my rating has been destroyed as a result & who knows how many neighbors I've lost because of this. The same black box & flashing happens literally every time I try collecting/feeding my pets. I can usually get through 3 or 4 pets before it happens but it takes me 20 min just to collect/feed my pet shop when it should only take 5. I check for a new update everyday hoping this will be fixed but its been wks & still nothing. I don't know how much longer I will want to play a game that is more frustrating than it is fun. Kind of defeats the whole purpose of playing a "game."

sweetheart0200
06-13-13, 06:46 PM
I also have problems 3), 4), and 6) on my Android Droid 4 vs. 4.1.2. However, mine force-closes after feeding anywhere from 5-9 animals. EVERY time I move to a different part of the screen, it closes. And I can't zoom out to the max because that makes the game force-close also. Has been happening for weeks - before Father's Day edition came out. I have also reinstalled other versions, such as Easter and regular, but they both do the same also.

sweetheart0200
06-13-13, 06:48 PM

6) Very laggy on highest spec Android phone.

I also have problems 3), 4), and 6) on my Android Droid 4 vs. 4.1.2. However, mine force-closes after feeding anywhere from 5-9 animals. EVERY time I move to a different part of the screen, it closes. And I can't zoom out to the max because that makes the game force-close also. Has been happening for weeks - before Father's Day edition came out. I have also reinstalled other versions, such as Easter and regular, but they both do the same also.

mityaj
07-26-13, 04:26 PM
Samsung Galaxy Tab II 10.1. Constant reboot or crash as I try visit other shops, particularly when trying to write on the wall. In the middle of writing keyboard disappears and the app crashes. Many crashes with other TL games as well. Something wrong with memory management I suspect.

CrystalDavid852
08-02-13, 05:30 AM
Im on android and I keep having similar problems
1) every time I visit a neighbour I get told that I have completed two collections and one of the tasks
2) my money decreased- I had like $154, 000 silver and then I went to like $135, 000
3) I level up a d then when I go back to my shop having visited a neighbour I also go back to a lower level!

All this is really annoying because my 'server' has to keep refreshing or something and I loose a lit of money and xp! PLEASE HELP!

CrystalDavid852
08-02-13, 05:33 AM
I have a Samsung galaxy note 1.0 or something- its a tablet:mad:

nikita1422
08-18-13, 05:18 AM
i cant make new neighbours, when i write their names to add them it wont send the request :(
if somone can help me, add me pls i am nikita1422

beaglefamily
07-30-14, 03:51 PM
I just sold like 7,000 worth of inventory from my pet shop story storage because every time a new pet come out the price gets high and higher the newest pet the football dog is almost 3000 coins I delete the game off of my android tablet and re started the tablet and re installed the game still only shows I have 117.00 anyone else having issues with this

sohopixie
08-17-14, 05:57 PM
**oops**