PDA

View Full Version : My people are broken hearted for no reason!?

brickbyboringbrick
03-11-12, 05:43 PM
The people keep going in the fitting room then coming out broken! I tryed moving my cash registers over there, i started ordering fancyer clothes, And i even bought more fitting rooms! I also moved half of my racks close to them! I bought another casheir too! What the hell!!!:mad:

casadolce
03-11-12, 06:17 PM
Do your customers have access to mirrors?

brickbyboringbrick
03-11-12, 07:01 PM
Yes I have lots of mirrors, and they never think about them. They just come out of the changing room with broken hearts. My mom plays the game too and she has never seen this happen on her game and doesn't know what to suggest.

kooky panda
03-11-12, 07:12 PM
I checked your game and you are at 100 happiness and I have not seen any broken hearts. Are you still seeing them?
(you can delete my invite)

game name misery business right?

janibany
03-11-12, 07:17 PM
Can you post a picture?

brickbyboringbrick
03-11-12, 07:30 PM
ya.... thats me...
But i keep going down in hearts then back up :/ heres a pic
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/419092_251020694985145_100002316484116_517411_1460 808661_n.jpg

janibany
03-11-12, 07:45 PM
I sent you an invite and as Kooky, I see everybody happy. Can you take the picture when they show the broken hearts? Does it come a green bubble before it?

brickbyboringbrick
03-11-12, 07:57 PM
There's no green bubble, just the broken hearts. Here's an example, all of these people just came out of the fitting rooms. Sometimes when I look, every single shopper is heart broken. http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/420938_251033101650571_100002316484116_517435_6179 08235_n.jpg

kooky panda
03-11-12, 08:14 PM
There's no green bubble, just the broken hearts. Here's an example, all of these people just came out of the fitting rooms. Sometimes when I look, every single shopper is heart broken. http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/420938_251033101650571_100002316484116_517435_6179 08235_n.jpg

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/420938_251033101650571_100002316484116_517435_6179 08235_n.jpg

kooky panda
03-11-12, 08:16 PM
I took a picture , this may be only coming from you end. What device do you play on?
What is the version of the game you are playing?(under menu- help number at bottom of screen).
http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af320/rakinsey99/68124fa5.jpg

spuds2011
03-11-12, 08:21 PM
you dont have any mirrors only windows! maybe thats why. :P idk

brickbyboringbrick
03-11-12, 08:48 PM
I have A Android. 1.3.6 is my veision. Btw i do have mirrors and windows! Look again!!!

Lzzbby
03-11-12, 10:32 PM
When I played, I didn't get a whole lot of broken hearts but the wall mirrors wouldn't satisfy the customers, only full floor length mirrors, so bought like 7 of them and now all customers are happy, not sure if that was the solution though

prettymush
03-12-12, 04:22 AM
The reason is because this is a bug for android phones. What you can do is that you shift the tables and racks away from the edges of the shop. If put more than a certain amount at edges, the broken hearts will start to come out. Didn't you notice that you never had broken hearts until you did some shifting?

queentina3
03-12-12, 05:50 AM
It may be because you have only one cashier, since the broken hearts are when they are coming out of the dressing room, and that is when they would go to pay. If the game feels a customer has to wait too long for anything, they'll give them a broken heart and have them leave the store.

prettymush
03-13-12, 06:55 AM
It may be because you have only one cashier, since the broken hearts are when they are coming out of the dressing room, and that is when they would go to pay. If the game feels a customer has to wait too long for anything, they'll give them a broken heart and have them leave the store.

no this is not true. If you have at least 1 cashier, it is good enough. I never had more than one cashier and everything is fine. I went through exactly the same thing as the thread starter and experimented until I found the right reason, which is to shift away tables/racks from the edges of the shop (ie the boundaries)

queentina3
03-13-12, 08:27 AM
no this is not true. If you have at least 1 cashier, it is good enough. I never had more than one cashier and everything is fine. I went through exactly the same thing as the thread starter and experimented until I found the right reason, which is to shift away tables/racks from the edges of the shop (ie the boundaries)

I said "it may be because", as that HAS been the issue on some players games and once they had 2 registers, their issues went away. When I was playing on my android I never had items up against the walls and I was having the same problem, once I purchased a 2nd register, my issue disappeared. I used the wall mirrors as I didn't like having the full length mirrors scattered around my shop, so I couldn't place anything up against the wall. :)

zoroak
03-13-12, 10:15 AM
Try getting a few full length mirrors, whenever I get broken hearts, these do the trick, wall mirrors didn't work for me.

etotheg
03-13-12, 11:54 AM
You may want to try rotating your cashier at the top of the shop towards the shop instead of towards the door - away from the wall. I had the same issue you?re having when I put a changing room too close to the cashier ? the shoppers would go in the changing room and come out with broken hearts. Once I moved the changing room away from the cashier, it fixed the issue. However I just noticed you have two cashiers, so I dunno if that will work or not. Worth a try.

lilbules
03-13-12, 07:36 PM
I'm having the same problem! I've tried moving my stuff away from the edges, having multiple cashiers, and adding mirrors. None of it works! People go into the dressing rooms and come out with broken hearts. My happiness rating doesn't seem to go down, but I don't think I'm getting coins from these people either. I have android v1.3.7.03

queentina3
03-13-12, 07:55 PM
lilbules, can you post a picture so we can see what your place looks like? It could be the littlest thing that isn't noticeable to you as you're so used to your place. LOL

lilbules
03-13-12, 08:16 PM
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa208/troublegabby/fashion_story-2012-03-13-09-03-38.png
And like I said, I've tried moving things around. I moved the tables away from the bottom edge and the dressing rooms away from the wall but it didn't make a difference so I moved them back.

lilbules
03-13-12, 08:17 PM
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa208/troublegabby/fashion_story-2012-03-13-09-03-38.png
Oops never posted a picture on here before lol

brickbyboringbrick
03-13-12, 08:23 PM
lilbules-
What level are you on? If your over level 17 then you might want to exspand. Ur shops a bit small. If not then i dont know.

everyone-
Im going to try to buy more full mirors and see if that works. Mabey ill try moving my second chashier around then see if that works. :)

lilbules
03-13-12, 08:26 PM
I'm only a level 13. I'm trying to save up coins to expand.

queentina3
03-13-12, 08:27 PM
I'm only a level 13. I'm trying to save up coins to expand.

Between the dressing room and the mirror you have a table/mirror, move that some place else and see if it helps. I'm wondering if maybe there isn't a clear enough path from your dressing room to your cashier that may be causing the issue. Also, you may want to move your cashier away from the door another spot, as that could also be the issue. Try those things and see if the hearts turn pink again.

brickbyboringbrick
03-13-12, 08:31 PM
i just put mirors (5) and now they alll are happy!! Thx guys :D

lilbules
03-13-12, 08:34 PM
Between the dressing room and the mirror you have a table/mirror, move that some place else and see if it helps. I'm wondering if maybe there isn't a clear enough path from your dressing room to your cashier that may be causing the issue. Also, you may want to move your cashier away from the door another spot, as that could also be the issue. Try those things and see if the hearts turn pink again.
Still didn't work :( But thanks for trying to help

queentina3
03-13-12, 08:35 PM

Did they ever have a green bubble above their heads before they went broken hearted? Normally you would have a bubble showing a "clock" if they have issues getting to a cashier, "dressing room" if you need more of them, "mirror" if you need more of them. For the "clock" it usually only shows BEFORE they go into a dressing room and it could be because they can't get to stock or the cashier.

Because you needed more mirrors, I'm just curious if they had the green bubble showing you that or maybe there is a glitch and the green bubbles aren't showing up anymore.

lilbules
03-13-12, 08:36 PM

What kind of mirrors? The long ones?

kooky panda
03-13-12, 08:38 PM
Still didn't work :( But thanks for trying to help
try spliting up your dressing rooms move a couple to the other side of the store.

lilbules
03-13-12, 09:20 PM
I've tried absolutely everything mentioned plus other little changes I thought of myself! So frustrating

7zara
03-13-12, 09:45 PM
...i might be wrong, i think u only have a small "entrance" to all your 5 dressing rooms might be the problem...

lilbules
03-13-12, 10:16 PM
...i might be wrong, i think u only have a small "entrance" to all your 5 dressing rooms might be the problem...
I separated the dressing rooms to two locations and allowed multiple entrances to one and a large entrance to the other. Good idea though. I also rearranged to a layout similar to the one I had before the problem started.
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa208/troublegabby/fashion_story-2012-03-13-11-11-59.png

7zara
03-13-12, 10:37 PM
... i just gone to your shop, this is tricky layout seemed ok, anyway from my experience there only need to be ONE simple problem and will cause alot of broken heart... if u don't mind, can u pls keep the rest, but move the table beside the door away, and move the two small table mirrors to join with the green/blue tables...

zoroak
03-14-12, 12:46 AM
You might want to try moving the floor mirrors closer to the tables of shoes and accessories and all the changing rooms nearer to racks of clothes. Observe the customers, sometimes they have a bubble above their heads and a green floor mirror appears when they are looking at items on tables and then they go try the item in front of the mirror before a heart appears and they're happy to purchase item. If no mirror is available, they won't go in front of it, and the broken heart appears. Same applies for changing rooms, only this time the green changing room appears in the bubble and they try clothes in the changing room etc... See whether it's the mirror or changing room in the bubble that appears before customer has a broken heart and then either move these closer to your racks/tables or buy 1 or 2 more mirrors or changing rooms. In the catalogues, there is on average more table items than rack ones and if you have lots of these table items, you'll need more mirrors than changing rooms.

7zara
03-14-12, 12:56 AM
@zoroak, the broken hearts appear after looking into mirror and coming out of changing room...

anyway maybe adding mirrors might help but don't need full length one, wall mirrors work as fine:)

zoroak
03-14-12, 02:10 AM
In my boutique, all broken hearts appear before looking at a mirror or going into a changing room! Never after. Can anyone else confirm this?

zoroak
03-14-12, 02:16 AM
Well, before is not the right word, if there's broken hearts, they never visit a changing room or look in the mirror.

Ic3e
03-14-12, 02:20 AM
NO ONE NOTICES IT?! She doesn't have a cash register! Upon looking at the picture I noticed that there was no cash register availbable!

zoroak
03-14-12, 02:22 AM
@ Ic3e, right corner, green table cashier

Ic3e
03-14-12, 02:23 AM
NO ONE NOTICES IT?! She doesn't have a cash register! Upon looking at the picture I noticed that there was no cash register availbable!

Oh wait....nevermind.....I AM SO DUMB Oxe

Ic3e
03-14-12, 02:24 AM
Try moving all your counters nearer to mirrors and dressing rooms to racks

Ic3e
03-14-12, 02:36 AM
And my personal tip would be that you should use just wall mirrors. They're inexpensive and very efficient just take a look at my boutique.

My old look:
http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z407/Cameraz/5c544b99.jpg

This is a bad example but it's still very efficient.

My newest renovation:
http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z407/Cameraz/cc857162.jpg

Try having your dressing rooms in a bundle instead of seperated.

zoroak
03-14-12, 03:02 AM
Lilbules, I've run an experiment on my test account. Distance from racks and tables to mirrors or changing rooms matters, if the customers have to twist and turn to navigate to any available mirror or changing room, takes more time for items to be tried before they buy them so that takes up time when the mirrors/changing rooms are "occupied" (it doesn't matter if it looks as if the mirrors/rooms are vacant, if a customer is walking towards it, it's occupied). On my test account, shop is empty except for 1 table of shoes, 1 mirror, 1 cashier and 1 changing room (game pop up to say I need at least 1 changing room, so can't store this, no customer uses it in this set up). When the mirror is next to the table of shoes, no customer is ever broken hearted even when I let the game run for 5 mins. When the mirror is moved to the far corner of the shop, after 1-2 mins, I start getting broken hearts and customers leaving without going to the mirror or cashier.

Before buying more rooms or mirrors, try moving existing ones closer or providing a shorter path to navigate to them (gap between racks/tables for customers to walk through). Hope this helps.

7zara
03-14-12, 06:45 AM
@zoroak, i agree with the experimental test, good analysis : )... alternatively try to buy more changing rooms and mirrors : )

lilbules
03-14-12, 07:41 AM
Ic3e and zoroak, you were totally right! I put my racks by the dressing rooms and tables by the mirrors and now everyone is happy. Thank you everyone for helping me figure it out!

queentina3
03-14-12, 09:00 AM
Ic3e and zoroak, you were totally right! I put my racks by the dressing rooms and tables by the mirrors and now everyone is happy. Thank you everyone for helping me figure it out!

I'm so glad you've got happy hearts again. We'll all have to remember this for the next time someone has an issue and have them try that as well.

zoroak
03-14-12, 10:27 AM
Glad it helped. Btw, as long as you interspersed your racks and tables in a section, you can also have changing rooms mingled with mirrors in the same section, you don't have to split into blocks of racks and changing rooms or tables and mirrors.

wordatme
03-14-12, 07:21 PM
I'm having the same issue. They come out the changing room broken hearted and march out. Same after they check the mirrors.

lilbules
03-14-12, 11:49 PM
I'm having the same issue. They come out the changing room broken hearted and march out. Same after they check the mirrors.
Are your clothes racks by the changing rooms and the tables by the mirrors? And can the customers easily get from one to the other? Mine weren't and that was my problem.