PDA

View Full Version : Sloth sloth sloth!!

garyrox
03-11-12, 04:57 AM
I wanted so much to crossbreed a slow loris and people said it wasn't very expensive to breed one. Well, then I got to the level to unlock the sloth to be able to buy it to crossbreed it and it is 365,500 coins! Is that for real? Why in the world would it be 50 times the cost of most other animals?

Ylesiya
03-11-12, 07:53 AM
Oh you haven't seen the Jack Rabbit still? :) It is even more expensive - 394,000 if I'm not mistaken. But it makes a game more interesting to reach that. It is not impossible at all, just takes few days.

cupcakes4cece
03-11-12, 09:47 PM
I got one sloth so far. It set me back to pretty much zero coins, so it will be sitting there all by itself for the next few months. Haha.

cakeandpie
03-12-12, 07:40 AM
I know, the price is ridiculous. I think it would take me at least a week, probably longer, to get it, and I'm on level 40 with a maxed out zoo! I haven't even tried to get it yet. With TL coming out with reasonably-priced animals each week, my zoo's filling up without a sloth. Soon I won't have any more room for animals, so what's the point in saving for a sloth? By the time I get enough money, my zoo will be full.

Ylesiya
03-12-12, 08:13 AM
Guys, I don't get what's the problem actually. It is not a big deal to save for sloth and jack rabbit and jackalope as well, which I already did with no problem, without using gems, etc. Yes, it takes a bit of time (few days actually) but that's done to keep the game going, to have a goal to reach. Everyone would be very bored if all the animals costed 1,000 coins with breeding time 1 hour. And the price of the sloth and other is not so high comparing, say, to Farm Story's castle, vineyard, etc, which take much more time to save for.

cupcakes4cece
03-12-12, 06:58 PM
I don't mind that they cost that much. At least it's coins and not gems!

fuzzywoozy
03-13-12, 04:05 AM
I don't mind that they cost that much. At least it's coins and not gems!

Well said 

rionkimchi
03-13-12, 04:16 PM
I have finished breeding all four SLOTHS, and upgraded the habitat once. The sloths cost ~365,000 each, and the first upgrade costs about the same, and awards you with an extra ~750 in gold at each collection. Since sloths reset every 7 hours you can collect 3 times a day if you "stay on it". That's 2250 per day, so it would take 365000/2250 = 162 days or nearly 6 months to earn back the cost of the upgrade.

Dragon_cdk
03-15-12, 07:21 AM
I have finished breeding all four SLOTHS, and upgraded the habitat once. The sloths cost ~365,000 each, and the first upgrade costs about the same, and awards you with an extra ~750 in gold at each collection. Since sloths reset every 7 hours you can collect 3 times a day if you "stay on it". That's 2250 per day, so it would take 365000/2250 = 162 days or nearly 6 months to earn back the cost of the upgrade.

Yeah, you don't have a good return on any of the upgrades, but I'm saving the pricey ones until I'm done with the big animals. Still need one more baby sloth (7 days!), 2 baby jackrabbits, and 2 baby jackalopes. Then I can make the habitats so big you can't see the paths. :)

rionkimchi
03-16-12, 10:36 AM
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. The second upgrade costs double, like normal, so ~730,000 or so. You should get one heck of a boost in gold earning for that - - but you don't - - you just get another 750 or so.

I'm finishing J-Rabbits now, then J-Lopes, then I'll have all the most expensive done. After that I need to do the mtn goats and gharial (not expensive but 5 or 4 {x 2} frickin days in the breeder, respectively). Then I'm down to 3 days or less breeding and relatively low coin amounts. Then I'll think about more upgrades. I'm also trying to breed, first, the animals that return more gold. For example I need to breed the cobras as they rank very high. If you haven't already bred the gray wolf or harpy eagle, they also rank pretty high in gold-earning and only take 18 hrs or 10 hrs, respectively.

The habitats, especially upgraded, block the view of each other as well as the animals within. Does not make for an attractive looking zoo at all. Has anyone else noticed tarantulas and elephants are about the same size ?!?! Would be more realistic if it were at least partially "to scale".

P.S. there are at least two zoos called "DRAGON DEN"

joyzjewlz1221
06-25-13, 04:18 PM
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. The second upgrade costs double, like normal, so ~730,000 or so. You should get one heck of a boost in gold earning for that - - but you don't - - you just get another 750 or so.

I'm finishing J-Rabbits now, then J-Lopes, then I'll have all the most expensive done. After that I need to do the mtn goats and gharial (not expensive but 5 or 4 {x 2} frickin days in the breeder, respectively). Then I'm down to 3 days or less breeding and relatively low coin amounts. Then I'll think about more upgrades. I'm also trying to breed, first, the animals that return more gold. For example I need to breed the cobras as they rank very high. If you haven't already bred the gray wolf or harpy eagle, they also rank pretty high in gold-earning and only take 18 hrs or 10 hrs, respectively.

The habitats, especially upgraded, block the view of each other as well as the animals within. Does not make for an attractive looking zoo at all. Has anyone else noticed tarantulas and elephants are about the same size ?!?! Would be more realistic if it were at least partially "to scale".

P.S. there are at least two zoos called "DRAGON DEN"

I like to upgrade completely too but I hate it that the fully completed habitats block the views of other animals, decorations & attractions. Plus, you do not get that much of a bump in an animals payout to make upgrading worth it all!

lmhowe50
07-01-13, 10:00 AM
I expanded my zoo thinking had more expansions to come,filled up zoo ,then no more expansions. So I had to take out lots of money making buidings because I was saving 2 slots for sloth ,slow loris . Now it is taking ages to save coins for both, plus the million + to expand .I am not going to breed animals to put into storage but the sloth,slow loris and spider where my goals. Guess will be my Xmas present