PDA

View Full Version : unobtainable goal

joannejoe12
03-10-12, 10:42 AM
Just had a goal come through which rewards with 2000 coins and 10 ex. It is buy 2 dalmations and breed 2 dalmation pups with a 12 hour time limit. Went to do this and dalmation pups take 16 hours each, so only way to do this is pay with gems and skip the whole process...what is the point of the goal??

greygull
03-10-12, 11:40 AM
Which device are you on? Can you try restarting it, see if it still stays that way? If it does, I'll flag this over for the CMs to look at.

joannejoe12
03-11-12, 04:45 AM
I have a 4th gen ipod touch, have tried the restart still the same, in fact I have noticed a few off the goals need gems to complete but I can't even buy any if I wanted too as the gems screen is always blank.

greygull
03-11-12, 01:30 PM
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?20569-Possible-Fix-for-Blank-Purchase-Screen-on-iOS-devices

This thread has several possible fixes for the blank gem screen (not only the first page, several people have suggestions).

I will flag over the time issue.

DaojinWildfire
03-12-12, 03:20 PM
Thanks for the information. I'll forward it to the team so they can check out this quest.

pinkster73
03-14-12, 07:10 AM
I started this goal last night. It's a timed goal giving you 12 hours to complete it. So I clicked on the goal, and bought the dalmation, which takes 6 (?) hours to complete the pen before I can buy a mate. Then the second part of the goal is to breed 2 babies that take 16 hours each.

Now math is not my forte but:
Pen- 6 hours
Breed puppy- 16 hours
Breed puppy- 16 hours
Equals 38 hours

And I have 12 hours to complete this goal? Well actually I have 5 hours left now to complete 32 hours of breeding. What up with this?

Ps don't tell me to restart, uninstall/reinstall

bobbyrae
03-14-12, 10:16 AM
I've given up on goals pretty much in pet story.

pinkster73
03-14-12, 10:51 AM
I've given up on goals pretty much in pet story.

Are they not fixing this messed up one? I see it was reported a while ago. Do they not notice they made a 38 hour goal with a 12 hour time limit?

pinkster73
03-14-12, 04:54 PM
Well my goal expired while I still have 4 hours left until the first of two16 hour puppies is done. Thank you to whatever genius put this goal 12 hour timed goal in.

pinkster73
03-14-12, 08:01 PM
Glad to see they're working on this. (Sarcasm)

nmishii
03-14-12, 08:17 PM
Glad to see they're working on this. (Sarcasm)

Hey, you wanted goals and you got them. I don't remember you saying you wanted them to make sense and work. :p

pinkster73
03-14-12, 09:50 PM
Hey, you wanted goals and you got them. I don't remember you saying you wanted them to make sense and work. :p

Right. I forgot to say that part. :(

mingboo
03-17-12, 02:22 AM
Well my goal expired while I still have 4 hours left until the first of two16 hour puppies is done. Thank you to whatever genius put this goal 12 hour timed goal in.

maybe that is why there is such things call the gems! a few of the goals in PSS require gems! There is one goal that required you to use 596 gems! That is right, more than $100!! The other way to get around this is to use 8 gems to skip getting and thus not getting the frog and the bulldag! Good luck!!

pinkster73
03-17-12, 11:42 AM
maybe that is why there is such things call the gems! a few of the goals in PSS require gems! There is one goal that required you to use 596 gems! That is right, more than $100!! The other way to get around this is to use 8 gems to skip getting and thus not getting the frog and the bulldag! Good luck!!

Or the other option: let it expire and move on. That's what I did. I'm not spending money on this game until they fix the issues its had since its Android release.

iekika79
03-27-12, 08:07 AM
Just had a goal come through which rewards with 2000 coins and 10 ex. It is buy 2 dalmations and breed 2 dalmation pups with a 12 hour time limit. Went to do this and dalmation pups take 16 hours each, so only way to do this is pay with gems and skip the whole process...what is the point of the goal??

I have the same issue on my MyTouch 4G, just got the game 2 days ago and hit this road block. I have two adults, breeding 1 pup with 2 hours left to spare and breed another pup leaving me with a -14 hours and no goal achieved. TL please fix this issue! Thnx!

trace35
03-27-12, 06:26 PM
This has definitely been discussed in a thread a long time ago, I think one person suggested that the goal was set before the breeding times were increased. Not sure if that's true but still, why didn't they fix it then?

pinkster73
03-27-12, 06:59 PM
This has definitely been discussed in a thread a long time ago, I think one person suggested that the goal was set before the breeding times were increased. Not sure if that's true but still, why didn't they fix it then?

Because they're busy working on a confirmation button? Naaa, that's silly.

trace35
03-27-12, 07:23 PM
Of course! It should be just about ready don't ya think?

pinkster73
03-27-12, 07:37 PM
Of course! It should be just about ready don't ya think?

It HAS to be, after all this time.