PDA

View Full Version : Neighbor goal requests grrrr

minizozo
03-09-12, 01:27 PM
Why do I have so many neighbors that never visit, but always find the time to request things for goals? I always approved the requests, but I don't I think I will anymore. What are your thoughts on this?

driftboutique
03-09-12, 01:32 PM
If they are accepting your requests, why would you decline theirs? Visiting takes a lot of time, while sending and accepting requests is a quick thing.

If you're not satisfied with someone as a neighbor, by all means delete them -- but declining their goal requests seems kind of harsh to me. Just my two cents.

moda999
03-10-12, 05:25 PM
Always tricky and as per other threads in bs and rs just find nbrs who play in the same way u do. That way u can play and enjoy it without stressing or fuming.

zoom27
03-11-12, 12:54 AM
I only keep neighbors that are daily tippers. I have about 100 neghbors that I also tip daily. Just delete the ones that doesnt visit. You can always find new neighbors. For me, Im really thankful to have such a great neighbors ��

ScrapElegance
03-11-12, 11:43 AM
Why do I have so many neighbors that never visit, but always find the time to request things for goals? I always approved the requests, but I don't I think I will anymore. What are your thoughts on this?

I know what you mean!! I'm in the process of trying to complete the V-Day goals and people are doing the same thing and are really slow about replying. I was accepting all goals, no matter what, but now I'm hestitating on some of my neighbors. I wish there was a way to find out who really responds to the goals. I usually split my request up between all my neighbors, just in case I have more to ask of.

lollyloo123
03-11-12, 11:55 AM
yeah i know what you mean, so frustrating. someone had the cheek to say she was just adding me to help her with her goals, and that shed delete me afterwards! huff no way like lol.

I've posted on my wall that if people arent daily tippers, and fall below 3 stars, Ill delete them. I have over 100 neighbours and i just dont wanna spend all day tipping when you dont get it back - free loaders lol :P

ScrapElegance
03-11-12, 01:59 PM
yeah i know what you mean, so frustrating. someone had the cheek to say she was just adding me to help her with her goals, and that shed delete me afterwards! huff no way like lol.

I've posted on my wall that if people arent daily tippers, and fall below 3 stars, Ill delete them. I have over 100 neighbours and i just dont wanna spend all day tipping when you dont get it back - free loaders lol :P

Good points!! I gona start making some changes!! thanks for the tips

ScrapElegance
03-11-12, 02:06 PM
I'm a 4 star. I like, tip and gift daily (but to those who do the same for me, which is alot of my neighbors) I have 109 neighbors on FS and needed 15 responses, 5 has been filled!! I'm making some changes!!

lollyloo123
03-11-12, 04:04 PM
urgh tell ya, theres some really selfish people on the game - just annoys me sometimes lol :P

minizozo
03-12-12, 09:54 AM
Thank You everyone for your opinions. It does take time to gift everyone, but that is what I do and if I can not do that, I delete my neighbors I never see. Right now, I will keep accepting requests since the Valentine goals are going to go away, and after this, I will make changes. I have never declined a request, but I only think it is fair to tip the person you are requesting from. If someone can't do that, they should play with a smaller number of neighbors. I have lots of great neighbors and hate deleting neighbors because I know some are very busy moms and students, but at the same time, I agree, we need to choose neighbors that play the same way we do. Thanks ladies.

lollyloo123
03-12-12, 11:01 AM
I'm a student but still find the time lol, i know everyone has their own different ammounts of spare times - just saying its not fair to free load by adding people just to use them for getting to your goals quicker :/ tipped all my neighbours for today lol

laVirtualCloset
03-12-12, 12:42 PM
When I started the game; I didn't think about it much. I pretty much accepted neighbor requests as they came in. Over time I began to realize the type of player experience I wanted and how time consuming (literally 3+ hours per day) to like and post on each neighbors’ wall with close to 200 neighbors. I also realized that I wasn't getting the same level of play that I was giving. So I narrowed my list down considerably and periodically monitor my neighbor situation. I look at neighboring as a partnership where both have a role. I appreciate the gifts but the action takes very little time to give and you max out so quickly if you have a lot of neighbors. I live in Cali and I am maxed by 4:00 am each morning; I have a lot of neighbors that would like to gift but based upon where they are in the world, they are "too late". I appreciate both actions but if I have to downsize, the last person it would ever be is the one I have regular communication with. I know some focus on the star rating 3 or 4 but I base my decisions, if necessary, on the level of play a neighbor has with me. Also, I have a few "courters", people who know that I'm not accepting new neighbors but regularly visit and tip. I'm more likely to accept their neighbor request in the future as long as I don't go over my absolute max neighbor count.
I understand we all play the game a little differently but judging by the # of neighbor request I receive on a daily basis, I'm sure there are enough players to match everyone's style of play. It's not intended to be harsh but with limited time and a desire to enjoy the game as I choose, it is possible that a neighbor who doesn't regularly visit and post (or communicate their extended absence) will eventually be deleted. By the same token, I harbor no ill will if a neighbor decides to “un-neighbor” me if I don’t fit their style of play.
There is one instance where I don’t post: I usually play “Weekend Santa" on Sat and/or Sun. After tipping and posting my neighbors, I'll spend any other game time on the Community Wall in search of lower level players (usually Level 12 and lower) and tip items in there shop because I know they can use the coins. However, no posting, because to visit as many as possible in the time I have allotted and I don't want to encourage neighbor request.

laVirtualCloset
03-12-12, 12:43 PM
Sorry, I don't know what happened to my paragraphs

laVirtualCloset
03-12-12, 12:43 PM
When I started the game; I didn't think about it much. I pretty much accepted neighbor requests as they came in. Over time I began to realize the type of player experience I wanted and how time consuming (literally 3+ hours per day) to like and post on each neighbors’ wall with close to 200 neighbors. I also realized that I wasn't getting the same level of play that I was giving. So I narrowed my list down considerably and periodically monitor my neighbor situation. I look at neighboring as a partnership where both have a role. I appreciate the gifts but the action takes very little time to give and you max out so quickly if you have a lot of neighbors. I live in Cali and I am maxed by 4:00 am each morning; I have a lot of neighbors that would like to gift but based upon where they are in the world, they are "too late". I appreciate both actions but if I have to downsize, the last person it would ever be is the one I have regular communication with. I know some focus on the star rating 3 or 4 but I base my decisions, if necessary, on the level of play a neighbor has with me. Also, I have a few "courters", people who know that I'm not accepting new neighbors but regularly visit and tip. I'm more likely to accept their neighbor request in the future as long as I don't go over my absolute max neighbor count.

I understand we all play the game a little differently but judging by the # of neighbor request I receive on a daily basis, I'm sure there are enough players to match everyone's style of play. It's not intended to be harsh but with limited time and a desire to enjoy the game as I choose, it is possible that a neighbor who doesn't regularly visit and post (or communicate their extended absence) will eventually be deleted. By the same token, I harbor no ill will if a neighbor decides to “un-neighbor” me if I don’t fit their style of play.

There is one instance where I don’t post: I usually play “Weekend Santa" on Sat and/or Sun. After tipping and posting my neighbors, I'll spend any other game time on the Community Wall in search of lower level players (usually Level 12 and lower) and tip items in there shop because I know they can use the coins. However, no posting, because to visit as many as possible in the time I have allotted and I don't want to encourage neighbor request.