PDA

View Full Version : Losing gems over and over... is reimbursement a possibility? Prompting ideas also.

Zeejayyy
03-08-12, 05:49 AM
I'll tell you exactly how this happens.
I'll double click (for example) the grill, and attempt to cook something such as Shrimp Kebabs... Due to lag, I'll tap another time, and suddenly T-Bone steaks are made (remember this is just an example... in most situations I end up cooking something that takes 2 days instead of 1 hour).
So, I'll click on the grill again, intending to cancel that order, and cook what I initially wanted to cook, but will find that the pop up screen has appeared and already disappeared, and has registered that I've clicked "Finish this early for 5 gems".
Now I'm out 5 gems, with a meal that I never cared about in the first place. And is compensation or reimbursement even possible? Do you offer that?
Simply put, it would only be logical to have a screen pop up and PROMPT the user with a message like "Are you sure you want to spend 5 (or x amount of gems) to instantly finish this meal? (or whatever activiity)"
Doesn't that seem logical? Doesn't that seem safe? Without any prompting or restriction, you would have to know, full well, that your players and customers are going to find themselves accidentally spending money, gems, etc.
And sure! That's great for your business! But, I think remaining a respectable company would bring you more respect than being a careless one, or a less attentive one.

Thanks guys,
-Z-

kattybell
03-08-12, 05:58 AM
Sorry but Team Lava doesn't refund gems. A confirmation button has been asked for forever. :(

TheRandomDude
03-08-12, 08:56 AM
Sorry but Team Lava doesn't refund gems. A confirmation button has been asked for forever. :(

Teamlava does refund gems but no on accidental purchases... teamlava usually only refunds gems when it is a simple dissapearing... And yes the Gem confirmation button has been requested for over a year now...

kattybell
03-08-12, 09:10 AM
Teamlava does refund gems but no on accidental purchases... teamlava usually only refunds gems when it is a simple dissapearing... And yes the Gem confirmation button has been requested for over a year now...

True...

pinkster73
03-08-12, 09:37 AM
A confirmation button has been begged for since the time of the dinosaurs, since Jesus parted the red sea, since the time of the continent of Pangea, since the universe was born, since..........

kattybell
03-08-12, 09:39 AM
A confirmation button has been begged for since the time of the dinosaurs, since Jesus parted the red sea, since the time of the continent of Pangea, since the universe was born, since..........

Lol. :)

viviansmo
03-08-12, 09:40 AM
I thought Moses parted the red sea... I could be wrong.

pinkster73
03-08-12, 09:48 AM
I thought Moses parted the red sea... I could be wrong.

You could be totally right. Religion is not my forte.

xcellent
03-13-12, 01:04 PM

Short-y : since the start of the beginning.... Lol!

Pam2302
03-15-12, 07:03 AM
Thank you this keeps happening to me too spent all my gems and this is very frustrating. I play another game where they just added this feature and I love it.

Pam2302
03-15-12, 07:05 AM
Do you all buy gems?

trace35
03-16-12, 05:44 PM

really? Do u have examples of people who have had refunds? I have just had gems vanish and not only will they not refund, they won't even tell me what the gems were supposedly spent on, I have asked 3 times but they just ignore that part of my email.

TimeForACuppaTea
03-16-12, 06:04 PM
I got 15 gems back from a mistake on TL's part in one of the Farm story quests. I'd posted here numerous times about the issue and sent numerous emails to TL. Took over a month to get them back and in the end I had to ask GM and Kooky for extra help. They really don't like giving them back even when it is their fault. You have to be willing to not give up.

I even put links to the threads here where a staff member posted that it was an error on their part, so they couldn't even deny it was their fault. I did get several messages saying "sorry there isn't anything we can do" but I knew they could. I just didn't give up.

But on stuff where you've accidentally hit a button that spent gems, forget it. They love it when people do this and won't give you gems back. They hope that you will just go buy more gems to replace the once you lost and then they make money.

Trace35 send GroupMagma a PM and see if he can look into it for you to find out where your gems went.

pinkster73
03-16-12, 06:29 PM
really? Do u have examples of people who have had refunds? I have just had gems vanish and not only will they not refund, they won't even tell me what the gems were supposedly spent on, I have asked 3 times but they just ignore that part of my email.

They have answered where your gems went. Even I now know where your gems went. DaojinWildfire has checked and answered you personally. Again, here it is:

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?24818-What-is-quest-19&p=246300&viewfull=1#post246300

trace35
03-16-12, 06:52 PM
They have answered where your gems went. Even I now know where your gems went. DaojinWildfire has checked and answered you personally. Again, here it is:

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?24818-What-is-quest-19&p=246300&viewfull=1#post246300
Thanx pj keyed but that thread is from a previous issue weeks ago. This is another incident that happened a couple of days ago. They have certainly NOT told me where the gems went this time which is what makes me even more disappointed. In future get your facts straight before sharing your 'helpful information'

pinkster73
03-16-12, 06:58 PM
Thanx pj keyed but that thread is from a previous issue weeks ago. This is another incident that happened a couple of days ago. They have certainly NOT told me where the gems went this time which is what makes me even more disappointed. In future get your facts straight before sharing your 'helpful information'

Who's pj keyed? :p
Anyway here's some more helpful information kooky posted for you:

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?25857-Re-previous-thread-on-stolen-gems

nmishii
03-16-12, 07:02 PM

People on the forum read a lot of the threads and are very helpful. When they see rude comments made in response to someone trying to help its very likely that most of them will not try to help that person in the future.

trace35
03-16-12, 07:09 PM
People on the forum read a lot of the threads and are very helpful. When they see rude comments made in response to someone trying to help its very likely that most of them will not try to help that person in the future.

I'm sorry but the ,even I know where your gems went' comment was a bit sarcastic and was implying I should leave it alone. You guys help out a lot and I definitely appreciate it but I would like the same courtisy please.

pinkster73
03-16-12, 07:12 PM
I'm sorry but the ,even I know where your gems went' comment was a bit sarcastic and was implying I should leave it alone. You guys help out a lot and I definitely appreciate it but I would like the same courtisy please.

Ok I apologize. I must admit I was a bit irritated at the duplicate threads you've started for the same issue. Again, my apologies, I was trying to help.

queentina3
03-16-12, 07:18 PM

If the incident only happened a couple of days ago that is why you haven't heard back yet. Here is how the standard support system works.

1.) player emails support@teamlava.com
2.) Team Lava sends multiple automated responses, sometimes having nothing to do with your situation but depending on the wording of your email, triggered that automated response.
3.) 3-5 days later you'll get an email from an actual support agent asking for information you've most likely included in the original email to them, however, you have to respond to that email with the information they've requested otherwise you'll never get another response.
4.) The next day (if not a Friday), you'll most likely get a response from support again updating you on their findings, and sometimes you'll just get an email stating your issue has been updated. If your issue has been updated, you need to go to the website and look up your ticket to see what action had been taken, if any.
5.) If everything worked out fine, you're done. If not, you'll have to respond to that last email again asking them to look into your issue.

I've played email tag with support enough now to know that this is the most basic steps that happen, maybe others had different steps, but out of my issues these have been mine. I wish you good luck on getting this latest issue resolved.

Just make sure you always respond to THEIR responses, don't send a brand new email otherwise a new ticket is created and you'll be stuck in ticket limbo for quite a while. :)

trace35
03-16-12, 07:30 PM
Sorry pinkster. (previous name was a spell check error sorry) it seems you aren't the only one who was confused. I should have made it clear that this was the second time it had happened and the first time I did find out what happened. That is why I'm suspicious why they won't give me that info this time.

trace35
03-16-12, 07:32 PM
Thanx everyone. Although it only happened a couple of days ago I have already received a 'we won't discuss this again' email. Hopefully they just give me an explanation and then I might go awayLol!