PDA

View Full Version : iOS Upgrade to 5.1

queentina3
03-07-12, 07:00 PM
Hey other iOS users, there is a new software update showing on my iPad 2 for 5.1, has ANYONE update their device yet, and if so, have you had any issues with the Story games?

I'm afraid to update after some of the issues others had when doing an update. LOL!!

:rolleyes:

kooky panda
03-07-12, 07:14 PM
downloading now. I will take one for the team!!

queentina3
03-07-12, 07:26 PM
You are too good to us Kooky. Thank you! :)

BTW, I need to shower now, I feel sticky. hahaha

Oy vey, that was a bad joke eh? :p

scarletlocs
03-07-12, 07:57 PM
I'm downloading now. What I have to loose. My bakery has a demon in it. Lol

sup4mo
03-07-12, 08:06 PM
Thx , uploading the update now!

sup4mo
03-07-12, 08:07 PM
Rather downloading, gggrrrr!

driftboutique
03-07-12, 08:25 PM
I updated my iPad, no troubles in any games that I can see :)

kooky panda
03-07-12, 08:25 PM
All downloaded. I played farm, Bakery and Fashion. No issues.

queentina3
03-07-12, 08:29 PM
Yay, thanks you guys! Going to download now! Yippee!!!

queentina3
03-07-12, 08:31 PM
Yikes, how long did it take you guys? It says 2 hours for me! OUCH!

FYI, for those that want to know what the update is before attempting it, this is the pop-up that came with it.

iOS 5.1

This update contains improvements and bug fixes, including:

• Japanese language support for Siri (availability may be limited during initial rollout)
• Photos can now be deleted from Photo Stream
• Camera shortcut now always visible on Lock Screen for iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod touch (4th generation)
• Camera face detection now highlights all detected faces
• Redesigned Camera app for iPad
• Genius Mixes and Genius playlists for iTunes Match subscribers
• Audio for TV shows and movies on iPad optimized to sound louder and clearer
• Podcast controls for playback speed and a 30 second rewind for iPad
• Updated AT&T network indicator
• Addresses bugs affecting battery life
• Fixes an issue that occasionally caused audio to drop for outgoing calls

redbites
03-07-12, 08:34 PM
took me 10mins to download and my ipod now seems faster

queentina3
03-07-12, 09:00 PM
It was my iTunes, I had to reboot it. :rolleyes:

It loaded fine and quickly when I disconnected from it. Now, I have to check my games. LOL

kooky panda
03-07-12, 09:25 PM
I just did the update from my device,(if you already had version 5.0 or 5.01) you do not have to connect to itunes. Just go to settings -general-software update. You do need to be on wifi.

queentina3
03-07-12, 09:37 PM
I just did the update from my device,(if you already had version 5.0 or 5.01) you do not have to connect to itunes. Just go to settings -general-software update. You do need to be on wifi.

Yeah, that is what I ended up doing and it went lickity split. I thought I had to be on iTunes but I guess that was just when I first got it and had to do that original update to 5.01. I still had to reboot my iTunes though, as it wanted to keep trying to download it even though I had already done it. LOL!!!!

RubiesGalore
03-08-12, 03:53 PM
No problems here i have an ipod 4g touch

RubiesGalore
03-08-12, 03:55 PM
Hey can anyone tell me are we ever going to get the western items for fashion story?, for the ipod 4g touch. We never recieved the items while other users have them in their shops? Thanks

bobbyrae
03-08-12, 04:29 PM
I'm one of the unfortunate ones who keep getting an error message when i try to update to 5.1.
Sigh...

kooky panda
03-08-12, 04:44 PM
I'm one of the unfortunate ones who keep getting an error message when i try to update to 5.1.
Sigh...

on itunes or your device?
If on itunes, on your computer, make sure your have all the windows system updates for your computer.
Onn device, make sure you plug in your device and you are on wifi.

bobbyrae
03-08-12, 09:26 PM
Ipad 2. Always on wifi. It's one problem among many many many that's happening for quite a number of folks with this update. I think i'll wait until it's not so buggy before attempting again. :-/

queentina3
03-09-12, 10:20 AM
Maybe it was just because I had to reboot my iTunes, or maybe it was because of the iOS update, but did anyone else get a message that iTunes also received an update? I usually keep it open all the time and just plug/unplug my iPad to the computer, so only really shut it down completely the other night, so maybe this update had been waiting on me for awhile?

EricasYummys
03-09-12, 11:08 AM
The newest iTunes is 10.6 I think it's fairly new because I have the 10.5.3 and the Mac checks for weekly updates. You should always download the newest version of iTunes because it helps more things than it lists. The latest iTunes should be downloaded before downloading anything else from it. The new download is on the Apple homepage in iTunes tab

queentina3
03-09-12, 11:12 AM
Thanks! I did download it, I just wondered if it was new or something I missed by not logging out of it lately. I guess I should probably check my settings to see if it will update me, or notify me of an update, if I hadn't logged off for awhile. Or I could just not be an idiot and log out of it every few days. LOL

:p

kooky panda
03-09-12, 11:12 AM
I did get a notice last night and downloaded the new itunes update, but I cannot remember which version it was.

EricasYummys
03-09-12, 11:24 AM
We get weekly updates from Apple on the Mac. I haven't got the update for the new 10.6 version. Of course there are others who play and may not have wanted to get off for the update, or it hasn't ben a week since last update. Apple is our homepage & thats how I saw it.

cafecolette
03-14-12, 02:22 PM
Well, I decided to do the update on my iphone. I usually go through itures on computer and have never had problem. Well, my phone froze, so I shut down and rebooted. When came back on the screen went white and started vibrating. I shut down again and turned back on, stopped vibrating, but the screen not just had different color pixels on it, then it want black and dead. Took to Apple store and they claim they never heard of this or saw before. They could not fix, opened phone up (I'm sure to see if it had water damage because they did not believe me) and saw no damage, so gave me a new phone. I resynced phone on computer and all my restaurant data disappeared. I was at a level 96 on RS and BS. Don't know what do do. If I can get back, oh well cannot start again, I guess this is it for me. Any help would be appreciated

xcellent
03-14-12, 02:27 PM
Well, I decided to do the update on my iphone. I usually go through itures on computer and have never had problem. Well, my phone froze, so I shut down and rebooted. When came back on the screen went white and started vibrating. I shut down again and turned back on, stopped vibrating, but the screen not just had different color pixels on it, then it want black and dead. Took to Apple store and they claim they never heard of this or saw before. They could not fix, opened phone up (I'm sure to see if it had water damage because they did not believe me) and saw no damage, so gave me a new phone. I resynced phone on computer and all my restaurant data disappeared. I was at a level 96 on RS and BS. Don't know what do do. If I can get back, oh well cannot start again, I guess this is it for me. Any help would be appreciated

U can download the games again... Your progress is saved in TL server.... If you're having a new phone, and dont have the UDID, Just write to TL support and give them your Storm ID and they will transfer it for you.... Or if you have any storm 8 games, you can transfer from there.....

You can ask any mods here for help on this..... ;-)

xcellent
03-14-12, 02:31 PM
I did get a notice last night and downloaded the new itunes update, but I cannot remember which version it was.

I downloaded the updates (version 5.1 -- 9B716) last week... Says bug fix, and u can now delete photo from the photo stream which u cant do before.... Once deleted from photo stream, it will also delete from all the devices that uses your apple ID.... ;-)

DAmanding
03-21-12, 07:03 PM
I downloaded the updates (version 5.1 -- 9B716) last week... Says bug fix, and u can now delete photo from the photo stream which u cant do before.... Once deleted from photo stream, it will also delete from all the devices that uses your apple ID.... ;-)

If I understand it correctly stuff on your camera roll is saved on your phone, stuff on your photo stream is in your free iCloud space which is synced to all devices using that apple ID. :)

DAmanding
03-21-12, 07:05 PM
I haven't upgraded my iphone 4s yet. It wants a full gigabyte of free space even though the update is only 189 mb. I don't have that much free space and haven't taken the time to spend hours on iTunes sorting through what music to delete. :(

piggiful
03-26-12, 02:43 PM
Been on 5.1 for a day.....no crash yet. It's been awesome. I have pretty much everything turned off. The only thing that stays on is wifi. Granted, I am probably using it less now that it drains battery much faster, but it's much more usable than before when RS and BS were crashing 4-5 times a day and FS was crashing every 5 minutes.