PDA

View Full Version : Questions from a new user

lanada
03-07-12, 07:58 AM
Hi, I have tried to locate answer to these questions from the FAQ (which is too brief). If anyone knows where I can find these answers or can provide them would be much appreciated.

1. Why do you have to go to neighbors and tap on their pets and play with them? What do you get for this? What does the neighbor get?

2. Gifting - oh boy I don't know about you but this whole thing is confusing to me. For example, people are asking me for permits when I go to visit them and click gift in the right corner, i don't get permit as an option. If I click "accept" from the materials requests, I feel like the gift isn't sent.

3. If someone sends you a gift and you don't need it currently is their any disadvantage to storing it?

4. I wanted to expand, so I sent a request for permits. I came back a few hours later and I noticed I had received all the permits from friends but shouldn't I have received a message in my news area?

5. If someone asks you for five star review what does that mean? This is in my materials request, should just hit "accept" or do I have to go to their pet shop and send them a gift?

Thanks, if you know any information please let me know!

kattybell
03-07-12, 08:32 AM
1. By tapping on their pets you get your star (paw) rating up, the more chance you have of showing up on the community tab in social. The neighbor gets extra exp when collecting their pets.

2. By clicking accept on the request they get that permit (or what their requesting). You cannot gift permits.

3. No, you can save that gift for when you do need it or decline it if you don't want it.

4. No you won't receive a message in news area if they accepted or not.

5. By clicking accept on their requests that item is sent to them. You can accept from your news section. You don't have to visit them.

lanada
03-07-12, 08:57 AM
Thanks for your answers, this is really great information and solves some mysteries for me. It really helps me understand how to handle gifts. I wish the gifts area was organized differently, it confuses me sometimes who I have sent gifts to our not.

I had a few more questions :)

6) if someone sends you a request for a permit and you accept it you can still send them a gift later? It makes sense based on your answer because permits are not pets. (same things for nursery volunteers, love, etc)
7) In the messages, why does pending gifts show up again? It seems like gifts show up each day, disappear and then show up again?

kattybell
03-07-12, 09:00 AM
6. Yes you can send them a gift every day.

7. I'm not sure about pending gifts. Are they showing you haven't gifted that person? Or that you can use your gift?

lanada
03-08-12, 09:27 AM
Kattybell, Thanks so much for your help, I appreciate it!

kattybell
03-08-12, 09:28 AM
Kattybell, Thanks so much for your help, I appreciate it!

You're welcome. :)

Kristy_S
04-09-12, 06:00 PM
I have some.questions too. How many gifts can a person receive a day? I seem to get gifts first thing in the morning but no more throughout the day yet I get material requests all day long. Sometimes I get a message that my neighbors are full. I try later and at times I can send the gift. If anyone could shed some light on this I would greatly appreciate it!

Kristy_S
04-09-12, 06:19 PM
Please disregard. I found my answers in an older post. Sorry!!

girlpower999
04-14-12, 06:32 AM
1. You get 20 coins when someone plays with yours. You also get bonuses for visiting your neighbors shop.
2. Permits aren't something that you can choose to send someone-they have to request it. Don't worry, it sends when you hit accept.
3. No disadvantage to storing it, you will probably need it later.
4. No, it automatically goes to where you need it. It's some special thing about permits.
5. A five star review is something they need for a goal. It's just a gift, you don't have to do anything.

BCSunshine
04-15-12, 10:18 AM
One disadvantage I found by storing gifts is that when I accepted gifts I didn't need at the time, I used up my daily limit, then I was unable to receive the items I currently needed. Although, I do admit, I feel guilty if I hit ignore on a gift somebody sent me.

bss18974
04-15-12, 04:26 PM
The only day that gifts really matter is Thursday. This is the day that new animals are usually released. I would just not process the gifts until the animals are released and then either accept the ones you need, or reject them as needed. Other days you already know what you need and can accept them if you don't want them (ex-already have 50 of them) or leave them til later.

Superyalda
04-18-12, 04:04 AM
Is there any benefit to having customers walking around?

mingboo
04-18-12, 04:46 AM
Is there any benefit to having customers walking around?

no benefits at all!! the customers are just for show!!

mingboo
04-18-12, 04:52 AM
I have some.questions too. How many gifts can a person receive a day? I seem to get gifts first thing in the morning but no more throughout the day yet I get material requests all day long. Sometimes I get a message that my neighbors are full. I try later and at times I can send the gift. If anyone could shed some light on this I would greatly appreciate it!

follow this thread for your answer:
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?26502-Pending-gifts-limit&highlight=gift
in short, you can accept 20 gifts a day and accept 20 material requests a day.