PDA

View Full Version : FSContests - Contest suggestions wanted!

fashionstoryfan321
03-06-12, 02:29 PM
Over at FSContests we have recently received a lot of player feedback. People want new, fresh contest ideas that have not been held by anyone before. We are now asking all players out there to post suggestions below as a reply to this thread.

Thank you.

Rachael98
03-06-12, 02:59 PM
Cross-Community, like Sehana suggested a while back.

GroupMagma
03-06-12, 03:22 PM
Please note that if you want to hold player contests here, you can do so and ask suggestions for them (the Contests subforum would also be a good place to post suggestions of this matter). Just as long as the contests are hosted here :p

dalula
03-06-12, 03:37 PM
a "like" contest? see who gets the most likes? just a suggestion

dalula
03-06-12, 03:38 PM
a "like" contest? see who gets the most likes? just a suggestion

sorry, "gives" the most likes. typo. :p and its just an idea.

Rachael98
03-06-12, 03:47 PM
Please note that if you want to hold player contests here, you can do so and ask suggestions for them (the Contests subforum would also be a good place to post suggestions of this matter). Just as long as the contests are hosted here :p

Two things:

1) Only special people like you, Daojin and BP can post threads in the Contests subforum.
2) Cross-Community would be hosted here if anyone did it, but would also be hosted elsewhere too. Hence "cross-community" - if my forums took part in that, I'm sure it could be negotiated? That stands true, I think, in that the FSContest contests are also hosted at the FSContests blog, and advertised by the FB TL Fan Page.

janibany
03-06-12, 05:07 PM
The nicest bridal section can be a theme :)

Ic3e
03-07-12, 04:38 AM

No. I don't have enough bridal stuff and besides I just remodeled and made my store look like changing seasons.

(On the right is Spring, the middle is Summer, and the left is Autumn/Winter)

Ic3e
03-07-12, 06:02 AM
I thought of one! The most expensive looks.

There are two versions to this contest: Gems and Coins.

The gem version is where people dress up their avatar with gem items and say how much their outfit costed in total.

The coin version is where people dress up in their coin items and say how much their outfit costed them.

kattybell
03-07-12, 06:20 AM

The gem version is where people dress up their avatar with gem items and say how much their outfit costed in total.

The coin version is where people dress up in their coin items and say how much their outfit costed them.

That's a good suggestion. :)

maggieyyli
03-07-12, 09:39 AM

well, it doesn't persuade me. I am sure many people already owns all coin items (remember the complains on the adding closet item goal?). We have multi winners or the winner is 'first come first serve' based? for gem items, some items are priceless. They come as gift when you purchase a number of gems... it doesn't work either.

In real life, fashion sense to me isn't rated by price (though nice clothes are usually really expensive). Mix and match is more important.

Up to this point, I am suddenly inspired. How about having the most look? Can't imagine the lemon couture with blue jeans + red slippers... ;) just like the golden raspberry award for film...

maggieyyli
03-07-12, 09:43 AM

Agree. Regarding to the given decorations, seems wintery/springy/flowery/pinky/cute can also be some themes.

Ic3e
03-07-12, 03:06 PM
well, it doesn't persuade me. I am sure many people already owns all coin items (remember the complains on the adding closet item goal?). We have multi winners or the winner is 'first come first serve' based? for gem items, some items are priceless. They come as gift when you purchase a number of gems... it doesn't work either.

In real life, fashion sense to me isn't rated by price (though nice clothes are usually really expensive). Mix and match is more important.

Up to this point, I am suddenly inspired. How about having the most crappy look? Can't imagine the lemon couture with blue jeans + red slippers... ;) just like the golden raspberry award for film...

The most look is a nice idea. I like that idea.

janibany
03-07-12, 03:10 PM
What? Why was my message deleted?! I am very sure it wasn't inapropiate or against any rule!

hushkat
03-07-12, 06:28 PM
The most crappiest look is a nice idea. I like that idea.

Oh yeah ! Especially with April Fools Day coming up in three weeks!

Ic3e
03-08-12, 12:28 AM
Oh yeah ! Especially with April Fools Day coming up in three weeks!

Maybe we should start the contest right now! I'm already getting my ugliest look on :)

fashionstoryfan321
03-08-12, 10:39 AM
Wow, there are so many suggestions.. I like the ideas guys! Keep posting more!

fashionstoryfan321
03-08-12, 03:46 PM
Cross-Community, like Sehana suggested a while back.

Could you please elaborate on what you mean by 'Cross-Community'?

Rachael98
03-10-12, 01:47 AM
Could you please elaborate on what you mean by 'Cross-Community'?

Relevant post (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?23765-Cross-community-contests)

As in, having it spread on this community, and the fan pages?

lollyloo123
03-11-12, 04:18 PM

Ive got a good bridal section in my store :) you dont need bridal themed stuff - white things with bits of gold :)