PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take to get Empire State Building/Statue of Liberty?

FLUF
11-01-10, 01:21 AM
I see people with so many Tech and Office buildings, along with loads of other expensive stuff. Not to mention the highest expansion. How do they do it? I've unlocked all 11 factories, and can produce all products. I've even mastered a few (all four keys), yet it took me about a week to get to 1 mil. I usually produce Pretty Ponies or Diamond Rings, both taking two days. And recently, I've left one factory open so I can level up and master the products left (contracting, canceling, then contracting again). My plan is to save up to for the Statue of Liberty (8 mil). But I mean, that's going to take awhile, even if I rank up via that one factory. Approx. two months. And that's assuming I do what I do on a daily basis.

Now I know you can buy 400,000 coins for 100 City Cash. But for 50 CC, it's $10. So that's $20 per 100 CC. For 1.2 mil, that's $60. And assuming you start at 0 coins, which most won't, but let's just go by what you pay for, you need to buy 1.2 mil seven times for a grand total of 8.4 mil (Statue of Liberty costs 8 mil.). That's a total of $420...real money. In my case, I currently have a little over 1 mil. So I would still need to buy 1.2 mil six times. That's $360...real money. Quite insane.

It doesn't really bother me, as far as the prices go. I mean TeamLava does need to support itself, and if you have the money, awesome. But seeing people with MORE than that. Like 4 Office buildings (that's 2 mil each!), more than 2 Tech buildings, etc. ... it just makes me ask HOW? Are they actually spending close to $500 in real cash? Are they *****ing somehow (like ranking up, but on a much higher level)? Or are they just saving up as much as they can? The latter seems almost impossible, especially given the amount of time this game has been out.

Leveling up definitely gets your XP up, and therefore your level, but coin-wise, it's still quite a slow process.

Unregistered
11-01-10, 02:05 AM
It's all explained in this thread:

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?1149-1-000-000-population

Long story short, there was a ***** available to certain iPhone users when the game first came out in August that allowed some players to get money and experience very quickly. TeamLava has since fixed this bug.

That said, you should be able to make at least 500k in coins per day if you maximize your cleaning (thus getting lots of neighbors to clean your city) and focus on the most profitable contracts -- for example, Pretty Ponies only nets about 12 coins per minute, while Energy Drinks nets over 46 coins per minute. Check out Supervolcano's spreadsheet.

Also, once you've unlocked all 11 factories, using contract canceling to level up doesn't really help you earn more coins -- you can master contracts that way, but it costs you coins to do it.

FLUF
11-01-10, 03:44 AM
Ah, makes sense now, especially seeing almost the exact same thread title! Lucky, lucky people. Although TeamLava should be able to take back the stuff they were *****ed out of, especially since it can cost real money for those who want the same things.

As for the factories, what exactly is the best contract? Would that be Energy Drinks? You have a link to the spreadsheet? And while I do have coins at the moment, would it be best to cancel/renew to master products, or focus on earning more coins?

chvchv & chvchv2
11-01-10, 07:51 AM
Don't buy city cash to convert it then to coins. That's stupid!!!

Earn coins through your contracts and through cleaning.

It took me about 2 weeks to earn the 7,5 million coins for the Empire State Building with my "chvchv2" city. This city is only a 10x10 city and so it takes a little longer because I don't get that much cleaning money. I don't want to expand chvchv2. I just wanna pile up expensive buildings over there.

chvchv & chvchv2
11-01-10, 09:33 AM
Ah, makes sense now, especially seeing almost the exact same thread title! Lucky, lucky people. Although TeamLava should be able to take back the stuff they were *****ed out of, especially since it can cost real money for those who want the same things.

As for the factories, what exactly is the best contract? Would that be Energy Drinks? You have a link to the spreadsheet? And while I do have coins at the moment, would it be best to cancel/renew to master products, or focus on earning more coins?

Here are some hints:

Breakfast Cerel gives you 3200 coins per hour with a 15 minutes interval. -> Lots of work!
Energy Drinks gives you 2800 coins per hour with a 30 minutes interval. -> Still lots of work!
Digital Cameras gives you 1700 coins per hour with a 4 hour interval. -> That's what I keep running at day time.
Coffee Makers gives you 1075 coins per hour with a 12 hour interval. -> Very good for your sleeping period.

Unregistered
11-01-10, 01:02 PM
I see people with so many Tech and Office buildings, along with loads of other expensive stuff. Not to mention the highest expansion. How do they do it? I've unlocked all 11 factories, and can produce all products. I've even mastered a few (all four keys), yet it took me about a week to get to 1 mil. I usually produce Pretty Ponies or Diamond Rings, both taking two days. And recently, I've left one factory open so I can level up and master the products left (contracting, canceling, then contracting again).
Doing that you are making about half what you could, and much less by not mastering (or at least getting to level 2) quickly.
Pretty Ponies makes a net profit of 692/ hour with 6 XP/hour
Diamond rings makes a net profit of 656/hour with 8 XP/hour

One day massage chairs make 850/hour (net) with 6.5 xp/h
Gold wrist watch: 734/h 8XP/h

12 Hour Coffee Makers 1075/h 8 XP/h

2 Hour Building blocks 1150/h 18XP/h
And the 15 minutes are a lot of work, but they make you a LOT of coins and XP's (only level up with XPs) and you can run them while you are watering your neighbors. And no matter how few coins some of the other stuff is that are under about 3 hours, you make so much more coins and XPs by mastering them - and one city dollar at level two. It is very quick to get to 2nd level that it is worth doing it for every product.
ON FS if you want to increase $$$ you do a load of strawberries before every planting (5 minute crop) and you can do the same with the factories, do candy bars for 5 min or 15 min before the next thing you do. thats 150 net and 6 XP each.
You make a lot more with doing 12h twice a day, or will make more doing one day than two days, and more for the shorter hours, so it is worth taking a day or two when you know you can do the shorter hours, and it is very worth using every factory to level up to second level.
Take the time to figure out what you make with each crop (I do it net profit and by the hour, I know there is a spreadsheet by the minute, but my brain doesn't work that way) and keep track of the levels you are on to decide what crop to do next.

Unregistered
11-01-10, 01:09 PM
I forgot to mention that someone put up a very good post about how it is so much better to use your dollars to expand than anything else. I am sure that the other thing people are doing is paying to expand and using all their other money to buy buildings. Look for that post, it was one of the most useful posts on this board for me.

Supervolcano
11-01-10, 02:51 PM
It took me between 2-3 weeks to save up for Empire State Building, without spending any money or *****ing, simply by collecting stars in my city and efficiently managing my time with contracts.

But most people don't have time to clean back 300-500 people a day like I do, which is why I'm able to make so many coins from all the loyal cleaners who come to me every day.

To all of those people, I thank you bigtime!
I wouldn't be where I am in this game without you all.

Supervolcano
11-01-10, 02:59 PM
It took me between 2-3 weeks to save up for Empire State Building, without spending any money or *****ing, simply by collecting stars in my city and efficiently managing my time with contracts.

But most people don't have time to clean back 300-500 people a day like I do, which is why I'm able to make so many coins from all the loyal cleaners who come to me every day.

To all of those people, I thank you bigtime!
I wouldn't be where I am in this game without you all.
Oh, and I'm not saying I haven't spent any real money on the game, because I have.

Like the guy before me said, I spent some real money for probably half of the city expansions along with 7 magic cases, a few of the regular items which cost city cash, and instantly completing some MP3 Player & Pretty Ponies contracts.

But none of that was during the 2-3 weeks time I was saving up for the Empire State Building.

FLUF
11-01-10, 05:59 PM
But going by the same logic, Popsicles would be the best choice for coins. You get 136 per minute. That's 8160 an hour. In 12 hours, you can earn close to 100,000. Multiply that by 11 factories, that's a little over a million every half-day. But of course, that means you'd have to be collecting and renewing every minute. So I mean, provided you have the time, is that technically the best way to earn the most coins? Even cutting that in half (6 hours), you still earn a little over 500,000. Is that what most do? Even every 15 minutes is kind of nuts. I kind of experimented with two factories. I did Popsicles for both, and in between every minute I went and cleaned two or three cities. But I really didn't see that much improvement. I guess I'll try all 11.

Unregistered
11-01-10, 06:09 PM
I just got the Empire state building at level 40 and level skipped to 43
My city has;
Auto repair shop 400,000
Middle school 300,000
Grocery store 500,000
Empire state building 7,500,000

chvchv & chvchv2
11-01-10, 06:12 PM
But going by the same logic, Popsicles would be the best choice for coins. You get 136 per minute. That's 8160 an hour. In 12 hours, you can earn close to 100,000. Multiply that by 11 factories, that's a little over a million every half-day. But of course, that means you'd have to be collecting and renewing every minute. So I mean, provided you have the time, is that technically the best way to earn the most coins? Even cutting that in half (6 hours), you still earn a little over 500,000. Is that what most do? Even every 15 minutes is kind of nuts. I kind of experimented with two factories. I did Popsicles for both, and in between every minute I went and cleaned two or three cities. But I really didn't see that much improvement. I guess I'll try all 11.

Yeah... Popsicles give you theoretically 8160 coins per hour. This would be 2,154,240 coins per day. Pure theory!!

You would have to collect and start every minute 11 contracts. That's 15840 contracts per day. 11 contracts per minute means a new contract every 5.45 seconds. Keep this up for about 3.5 days straight and you got your Empire State building.... and a $5000 medical bill to get your fingers fixed in the ER.

:-)

Unregistered
11-01-10, 06:31 PM
I'm not even done with the day and I have made a half a mil, with only 8 factories. I don't know why it could take a week to make 1 mil. with 11 factories, unless all the coins are going out the window by canceling contracts. Just get neighbors, have 4 stars and clear often.

FLUF
11-01-10, 10:54 PM
Okay, so what's the best method then? What product(s) should I use, and about how much time do I need to devote on a daily basis?

Unregistered
11-02-10, 07:12 AM
Okay, so what's the best method then? What product(s) should I use, and about how much time do I need to devote on a daily basis?

Someone else already told you in this thread. The breakfast cereal, energy drinks, digital cameras and coffee makers are the way to go. If I'm sitting around the house, I'll run a bunch of energy drink contracts as I don't mind setting the eleven factories every 30-40 minutes. Otherwise, running the digital cameras every four hours is easy, and setting the coffee makers over night is easy as well. Really, you could do pretty well running three digital camera contracts and one coffee maker each day. That would get you well over 300k coins a day, and should take about three weeks for empire state. What I've been doing is saving coins for a month, then spending them the first of the month, which is a good exercise in patience, and allows for some good planning on what to buy when I spend it all (not to mention if lava comes out with a good update while I'm saving up, like the grocery store or whatever). I had 13million to spend yesterday, and I have 35 friends, clean when I can, and don't spend obsessive time setting contracts and cleaning and such. It seems some people clean hundreds a day and all that, but that's not realistic for most of us. I think the plan I follow and just laid out is pretty practical for most.

I'm also pretty lucky in that I don't really care for what's been in the cases, so I don't have to spend any money on the game beyond the $10 I spent to get the sports fields (I'm a sports nut). And $10 for a game I enjoy and use frequently seemed like a fair reward for lava for developing the game. I mean, sure, an ice cream shop or colonial house would be nice, but not at $5 a pop. And having to wade through the adobe houses (which I hate in real life and I think look stupid in a city with no desert options) would make me feel like I'm wasting money.

So anyway, those are my thoughts if you don't have tons of time and money to spend on the game that would allow you to rack up pretty solid totals of coins.

chvchv & chvchv2
11-02-10, 11:12 AM
I'm not even done with the day and I have made a half a mil, with only 8 factories. I don't know why it could take a week to make 1 mil. with 11 factories, unless all the coins are going out the window by canceling contracts. Just get neighbors, have 4 stars and clear often.

The Empire State Building costs 7.5 Million. Half a Million a day means that it will take 15 days to accumulate the necessary coins.

Unregistered
11-02-10, 08:08 PM
I use change bots. They are only $400 less than coffee makers, but an extra 40 xp. Usually, every twelve hours I get 150,000 which turns to be about 100,000 ( keep in mind it is expensive to start new contracts). It is really easy to get more money.

Unregistered
11-02-10, 09:44 PM
The Empire State Building costs 7.5 Million. Half a Million a day means that it will take 15 days to accumulate the necessary coins.
Yah, but on the original post they said they could not make a million in a WEEK. That's all I was talking about. I personally don't want the Statue of Liberty. It is too big and too.... gaudy. I did see one city where that was all they had in it, and that made me smile. I like that there are really high value items to work towards, but I wish they would give you a little more choice - and something that could be the centerpiece of a city - not take it over.

Fruit_Salad
11-02-10, 10:16 PM
I can make 1m in 4 days playing only 5 minutes a day and I only have 9 or so factories. Don't see what you're complaining about. Just do the 1 day contracts or whatever fits in with your available playing times. I tend to my city every evening for 5 minutes so I do the 1 day contracts. Just stick at it. It'd be pointless if Empire State was available after a week. Reality is it takes about 2 weeks to maybe a month to make 8m. Now that I think of it..I should just save up for the Empire State. It'd make me look rich lol...

FLUF
11-03-10, 12:04 AM
Someone else already told you in this thread. The breakfast cereal, energy drinks, digital cameras and coffee makers are the way to go. If I'm sitting around the house, I'll run a bunch of energy drink contracts as I don't mind setting the eleven factories every 30-40 minutes. Otherwise, running the digital cameras every four hours is easy, and setting the coffee makers over night is easy as well. Really, you could do pretty well running three digital camera contracts and one coffee maker each day. That would get you well over 300k coins a day, and should take about three weeks for empire state. What I've been doing is saving coins for a month, then spending them the first of the month, which is a good exercise in patience, and allows for some good planning on what to buy when I spend it all (not to mention if lava comes out with a good update while I'm saving up, like the grocery store or whatever). I had 13million to spend yesterday, and I have 35 friends, clean when I can, and don't spend obsessive time setting contracts and cleaning and such. It seems some people clean hundreds a day and all that, but that's not realistic for most of us. I think the plan I follow and just laid out is pretty practical for most.

I'm also pretty lucky in that I don't really care for what's been in the cases, so I don't have to spend any money on the game beyond the $10 I spent to get the sports fields (I'm a sports nut). And $10 for a game I enjoy and use frequently seemed like a fair reward for lava for developing the game. I mean, sure, an ice cream shop or colonial house would be nice, but not at $5 a pop. And having to wade through the adobe houses (which I hate in real life and I think look stupid in a city with no desert options) would make me feel like I'm wasting money.

So anyway, those are my thoughts if you don't have tons of time and money to spend on the game that would allow you to rack up pretty solid totals of coins.

Very nice. I experimented with the cereal and drinks today on all 11, and I think I prefer the drinks. Now too long, not too short, and I can actually check in almost every 30 minutes. I use my alarm clock on my cell to remind me. I noticed a definite improvement with the amount of coins I made. I do like your saving plan (if only I could do that in real life!), but as of right now, the only reason I'm saving is for good ol' Liberty. Depending on how long it takes me to get her, I might do the same for some other high-priced items like the Office Tower...or more likely, expanding to the full 24x24. I'm at 16x16 right now, so that's another 8 to go. At 40 CC, that's easily $80 in real money. Definitely not ready to invest that much at the moment. And again, if I can accumulate enough in a decent amount of time, I'll just save up the coins. At the moment, I've only spent $30 in real money. And that was over a month's time, so I think that's pretty "normal". Like you, I figure it's for a game I enjoy, so why not? Plus, I've spent way more on my PS3! I can't say I don't like what the cases have to offer, especially the Magic Case. I had seen Saint Basil's in someone else's city when I first started, and I wanted it! Luckily, on my first $5, I got it. I left it at that until the Halloween Case came out. But I still held off on that case until the actual day (this past Sunday). After asking friends and thinking to myself that it was only for a limited time (we'll see how that pans out), I went for it. Got another 2nd class item...Monster Attack. $10 well spent IMO. Then I decided I wanted the Eiffel Tower. Hadn't really seen that many in other cities, so I spent another $15 ($10 for 50 CC, $5 for another 24 CC). Bought the tower. Then...the Amusement Case. Wasn't too attracted to it (my least liked case), but I was hoping I'd get the Roller Coaster (fat chance, I know!). Ended up with a Merry-Go-Round, lol. So that's where I stopped. Mind you, this was in the last month...just a little extra cash. And I mean, I see some cities where you can see they've spent well over $150. Insane, even if it's a game I like! lol

As for Liberty and Empire...I like them. I choose Liberty over Empire though simply because Empire almost looks like another building. Not to mention it can get cleaned! And I mean, at 7.5 mil, what's another half? After I get Liberty, my last goal will be to expand all the way. The Office Tower and NY-style condos are nice, but I can pass. Plus, I'm one of those realistic-city liking guys. But thanks so much for the insight...has and will continue to come in handy.

I can make 1m in 4 days playing only 5 minutes a day and I only have 9 or so factories. Don't see what you're complaining about. Just do the 1 day contracts or whatever fits in with your available playing times. I tend to my city every evening for 5 minutes so I do the 1 day contracts. Just stick at it. It'd be pointless if Empire State was available after a week. Reality is it takes about 2 weeks to maybe a month to make 8m. Now that I think of it..I should just save up for the Empire State. It'd make me look rich lol...

Yeah, I have an idea how to earn that much in 4 days, probably even more. But that would take over a month. If you can accomplish the same thing in half the time, I'd say that's the best way!

Fruit_Salad
11-04-10, 12:51 PM
Yeah, I have an idea how to earn that much in 4 days, probably even more. But that would take over a month. If you can accomplish the same thing in half the time, I'd say that's the best way!

It'll only actually take 2 weeks. I think I have 400 mobile homes sitting around so that can also speed stuff up.

Mike
11-10-10, 05:14 PM
I'm a level 32 and I use Massage Chairs. I normally start the contract at about 7:10 (Right after when I wake up) and I wield in 100K per day. I have 5 factories, 4 for profit, and 1 to pay for contract expenses. I'd like to get more factories but don't have the room. It's a slow process to get money but it still works. If anyone knows how I can get more money please let me know. When I set up 12 hour contracts, I start one at 7:10am, get the money from in at 7:10pm and then set up the same contracts.

Unregistered
11-10-10, 07:49 PM
I'm a level 32 and I use Massage Chairs. I normally start the contract at about 7:10 (Right after when I wake up) and I wield in 100K per day. I have 5 factories, 4 for profit, and 1 to pay for contract expenses. I'd like to get more factories but don't have the room. It's a slow process to get money but it still works. If anyone knows how I can get more money please let me know. When I set up 12 hour contracts, I start one at 7:10am, get the money from in at 7:10pm and then set up the same contracts.

Just my opinion here but I think canceling contracts for XP is for the birds. It certainly is if you want to make money and that is where I think the original poster went wrong. Canceling contracts to get XP costs a whole bunch of money. If you are earning and not spending real dollars on expansions, then you want money. If you are purchasing buildings to get XP then you are moving up in levels.

I am level 38, I have lots of trees, no more than about 10 each of the free gifting items (and I get a lot of compliments on my city, it is not a pile of stuff.) and I have three more expansions ahead and I have 10 factories, and think the room devoted to them is worth it, no matter how ugly they are next to my beautiful city :). In fact if I ever get the empire state building I'm going to toss it in with my factories until they give us something more West Coast. Like the TransAmerica building.
Today I've made more than 500K. I've done that with doing:
While tending my neighbors, 30 minute energy drinks at a net profit of 2800b per hour/ per fact
During the day, 4 hour digital cameras at a net profit of 1700 per hour/ per fact.
Over night, 12 hour coffee makers at a net profit of 1075 per hour, but I just got change bots that make slightly less per hour (1050) but more XP - 141 total compared to 101 for coffee mkrs.

You are running 4 factories, I am running 10. You make 850. per hour on massage chairs for a total of 81600 (that is net profit, not total money at end of contract). Then you lose what-ever you lose canceling contracts.

I only cancel if I make a mistake.
Lets say I do an hour of energy drinks in the AM. Net profit 28000.......................XP....460
Then I do 3 digital camera............................................ .....204000.............................1770
Then I go to bed with coffee makers...................................129000... .........................10100
Total............................................. ...................................361000......... ..................12330

Add 100 neighbors who hypothetically all cmc this day (!!) 100000
Total............................................. ...................................461000.

And I probably went up one level today, or I bought something and surely did.
I didn't cancel any contracts so I have kept all the money I've earned, and I've only accepted red roof as gifts, so I sold them at $650 each.

FLUF
11-10-10, 09:24 PM
I don't know about for the birds. I mean, if you do have the coins, why not? It's not really *****ing since it's costing you something. And yes, I did go wrong by doing that at first, but as of now, I've earned the 2nd key on everything, so I've made as much CC as I can via the factories, and pretty much the game itself (aside from bonus giveaways from downloading other games like ES and RS). Was pretty much my goal, as far as CC goes. And there's only a few items left which need 1 more key to get mastered. All in all, it's pretty good. It's left me at level 60, almost 61. I don't plan on leveling up anymore, as my main goal is still to get Liberty. But if it happens, it happens. Plus, there's only 15 levels to go, so it's not like I'm far behind. Although I know it takes quite a bit of XP to reach the end. Currently, I'm at a little over 5.2 million. And that's been with the plan I started after this thread...pretty much just Energy Drinks throughout the day, Coffee Makers while I sleep, and daily cleaning. I think I could've actually had more at this point, but I've been busy with other things, so I haven't had the time to devote as much as I'd like to. Regardless, my goal is Liberty. After that, I may save up to expand to the fullest (still at 16x16), which will cost a whopping 8,150,000. So I'd pretty much have to save up to the same amount again. Still though, would be worth it. And I could even cut that down a bit by paying for some CC...although that's unlikely because I'm more tempted by the cases...Magic to be exact. But anyway, what you made today is pretty impressive. Overall, I think I've been making about 300k daily, give or take. But of course, the potential for more is always there, depending on how much time I can devote. I, too get lots of compliments on my city. As I said before, I'm a realistic-liking person, and so my city is based on how I think an actual city should be (houses separate from businesses, roads actually connecting to buildings, etc.). Heck, I've seen so many cities where they've just piled Libraries and MJ's...obviously gifts. Yeah, they got the big grin going, but the city sure looks horrible. I have the big grin, but I also have a good looking city. And speaking of other cities, I came across an interesting one today. Apparently the person was "done", and accomplished what they wanted to...at least that's the vibe I got. They literally had one Statue of Liberty, one Empire State Building, and one American flag...all surrounded by a nice river. A few trees and the rest grass. It didn't look too bad, but if I'm working that hard for the stuff (assuming no ***** was used), I'm going to display it proudly with a nice city/setting.

Unregistered
11-10-10, 10:28 PM
I don't know about for the birds. I mean, if you do have the coins, why not? .

That's cool. So how do I go about seeing your city?

chvchv & chvchv2
11-12-10, 10:00 AM
I don't know about for the birds. I mean, if you do have the coins, why not? It's not really *****ing since it's costing you something. And yes, I did go wrong by doing that at first, but as of now, I've earned the 2nd key on everything, so I've made as much CC as I can via the factories, and pretty much the game itself (aside from bonus giveaways from downloading other games like ES and RS). Was pretty much my goal, as far as CC goes. And there's only a few items left which need 1 more key to get mastered. All in all, it's pretty good. It's left me at level 60, almost 61. I don't plan on leveling up anymore, as my main goal is still to get Liberty. But if it happens, it happens. Plus, there's only 15 levels to go, so it's not like I'm far behind. Although I know it takes quite a bit of XP to reach the end. Currently, I'm at a little over 5.2 million. And that's been with the plan I started after this thread...pretty much just Energy Drinks throughout the day, Coffee Makers while I sleep, and daily cleaning. I think I could've actually had more at this point, but I've been busy with other things, so I haven't had the time to devote as much as I'd like to. Regardless, my goal is Liberty. After that, I may save up to expand to the fullest (still at 16x16), which will cost a whopping 8,150,000. So I'd pretty much have to save up to the same amount again. Still though, would be worth it. And I could even cut that down a bit by paying for some CC...although that's unlikely because I'm more tempted by the cases...Magic to be exact. But anyway, what you made today is pretty impressive. Overall, I think I've been making about 300k daily, give or take. But of course, the potential for more is always there, depending on how much time I can devote. I, too get lots of compliments on my city. As I said before, I'm a realistic-liking person, and so my city is based on how I think an actual city should be (houses separate from businesses, roads actually connecting to buildings, etc.). Heck, I've seen so many cities where they've just piled Libraries and MJ's...obviously gifts. Yeah, they got the big grin going, but the city sure looks horrible. I have the big grin, but I also have a good looking city. And speaking of other cities, I came across an interesting one today. Apparently the person was "done", and accomplished what they wanted to...at least that's the vibe I got. They literally had one Statue of Liberty, one Empire State Building, and one American flag...all surrounded by a nice river. A few trees and the rest grass. It didn't look too bad, but if I'm working that hard for the stuff (assuming no ***** was used), I'm going to display it proudly with a nice city/setting.

ihopeyouwillneverwriteabookbecauseitispracticallyi mpossibetoreadyourtextwithsuchahorriblelayoutwitho utgettinginsane.

Unregistered
11-12-10, 03:38 PM
LOL! Come on now, separate paragraphs are for the weak!

chvchv & chvchv2
11-12-10, 04:42 PM
LOL! Come on now, separate paragraphs are for the weak!

So, you are one of those who writes the fine-print in real-life contracts? :-)

Here is a good article about fine print artists:

http://www.gembapantarei.com/2010/05/the_fine_print_about_lean_transformations_1.html

Unregistered
11-12-10, 04:55 PM
Only when it's necessary :)

Unregistered
11-12-10, 08:48 PM
I never *****ed on city story, I have one of every building that you could buy with coins, except for the statue of liberty. It takes me about 3 days to save up one mil coins. I get up about 7 every morning, collect my 12 hr 18,000 coin contracts, then set them on 4 hour coffee makers and earn about 10,000 with 11 factories, every four hours. Then between 7-8 pm that night, set the contracts for 12 hrs and start all over. I have to work all day long and don't have time to clean all 99 of my neighbors, so I only clean the ones with 4 stars (who I know will clean me back) throughout the day. And of course I clean everyone back who cleans me first. It took me about a month to get the Empire State Building. The only city cash I used was to open the cases. And there is a contract you could finish early and only use $4 city cash to earn about 40,000 coins, instead of paying $10 to buy it. Patience and 12 hr and 4 hr contracts will get you your big buildings my friend.

FLUF
11-21-10, 03:56 PM
Alright guys, after almost 3 weeks, I will finally be getting my Statue of Liberty! Now, I definitely could've had it in less time, probably a week less. But I had things come up, and I couldn't attend to my city on certain days. That definitely added some time, but nonetheless, I've almost reached my goal. A few more contracts, and I'll hit my 8 today.

Special thanks to chvchv and the unregistered person who mentioned the best things to contract.

http://img816.imageshack.us/img816/1443/cs1n.png

FLUF
11-21-10, 03:57 PM
Oh, and I've been so tempted to buy the Empire State Building, but no way!

FLUF
11-22-10, 01:19 AM
The day has come! It feels so awesome!

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/237/59967121.png

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/6724/26910209.jpg

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/8433/39515072.png

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/4643/77776967.jpg

Now just so everyone knows, that's not where I'm keeping her. I just took pics right when I bought her to post on here. I'll be heavily editing my city to include only the things I want. I might not even include the factories!

It's possible guys, definitely. Just takes time and dedication...and of course, the right contracts!

Unregistered
11-22-10, 04:56 AM
How my city will look from now on:

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/336/36046210.jpg

Unregistered
11-23-10, 01:59 PM
*cue crickets*

Unregistered
11-23-10, 02:00 PM
Btw, 2 Big Bens in one city?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOL OLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL OLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOL OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL OLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLL OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOL OLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOL OLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOL OLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOL OLOLOLOLOLOLv

chvchv & chvchv2
11-23-10, 02:12 PM
*cue crickets*

cumon.... give him a break! He is proud of all the purchased buildings. This city was really expensive. (I wouldn't have spend the money.)

But it's still funny to see the horrible proportions. The Eiffel Towers (1063') is in reality much bigger than the Big Ben (316'), which is about the same size as the Statue of Liberty (305'). But, oh well... it's an american game and so the Statue of Liberty must be the biggest item...

Unregistered
11-23-10, 03:39 PM
It took me around three weeks to get the Statue of Liberty ! :)

FLUF
11-23-10, 04:13 PM
lol, I don't care, really. I just thought I'd update the thread seeing as I started it with a goal!

In total, I've spent about $60. The rest I either saved up or won. Not bad. And yes, two Big Bens. I couldn't force myself to sell it, and it won't do much good in the inventory.

I'm proud because it took awhile to save!