PDA

View Full Version : Updated gem price for expansion

maggieyyli
03-06-12, 06:15 AM
My gem price for all new expansions was 160 since last week's rollout. I bought one with coins and today I've just bought another expansion with coins, I find my gem price of expansion is dropped to 40.

For anyone who will consider using gems for expansion, you may check if TL has decreased your gem price. I won't use gems for expansion anyway, but... well I really feel sad as I got a neighbor expanded 4 or 5 times with 120 gems each time...

laVirtualCloset
03-06-12, 07:40 AM
I too have updated expansion gem prices; however, I haven't purchased anything except gems during the last two gem sales over the weekend and during the new gem sale offering that showed up this morning.

Originally, my price was 120 gems but now it's 40.

Don't know the motivation behind it TeamLava, but again, I thank you and give you credit where its due!!

laVirtualCloset
03-06-12, 07:42 AM
My gem price for all new expansions was 160 since last week's rollout. I bought one with coins and today I've just bought another expansion with coins, I find my gem price of expansion is dropped to 40.

For anyone who will consider using gems for expansion, you may check if TL has decreased your gem price. I won't use gems for expansion anyway, but... well I really feel sad as I got a neighbor expanded 4 or 5 times with 120 gems each time...

Thanks for the post; I wouldn't have looked if you hadn't shared since I'm not in the Box buying mood at the moment and had no plans to expand anytime soon.

pinkster73
03-06-12, 08:11 AM
Someone else posted somewhere (I can't remember where) that their gem price also dropped to 40 gems.

queentina3
03-06-12, 08:15 AM
Mine haven't dropped, but I haven't expanded at all with coins or gems, since the new release. It seems like those that have expanded with coins since they were released have received lower gem prices.

Interesting that yours lowered lavirtual, since you haven't expanded at all yet. :) Lucky you with the lower prices and the chances of falling into a trap. :p

kooky panda
03-06-12, 09:11 AM
Someone else posted somewhere (I can't remember where) that their gem price also dropped to 40 gems.

It was that person that did not want hers to drop....
Mine were up yesterday, but I just checked and now mine are down to 40. DW did state that the prices may change over time.

Unfortunately, we are not able to change the prices that you currently have at this time, though we will make sure to notify the development team about your feedback regarding the prices. It is possible that changes to features or prices may occur in the game.

Please continue to send us your feedback as we are continuously making adjustments to balance the game economy so that both new and older users can enjoy the game.

bobbyrae
03-06-12, 09:37 AM
It's 40 for me in Restaurant as well. Still 120 in Bakery though and i haven't bought gems so....yay? :p

maggieyyli
03-06-12, 09:41 AM
Mine haven't dropped, but I haven't expanded at all with coins or gems, since the new release. It seems like those that have expanded with coins since they were released have received lower gem prices.

Interesting that yours lowered lavirtual, since you haven't expanded at all yet. :) Lucky you with the lower prices and the chances of falling into a trap. :p

Indeed I am not happy with the change either, trap of 40 gems is much much easier to fall. Currently i have 35 gems :(

pinkster73
03-06-12, 09:53 AM
It was that person that did not want hers to drop....
Mine were up yesterday, but I just checked and now mine are down to 40. DW did state that the prices may change over time.

Oh yes it was nmishii.

nmishii
03-06-12, 09:56 AM
Mine were 160 and 120 gems on Thursday. I did expansions on BS early on Saturday shortly after reset and by then mine were 40 gems on both RS and BS. Before I did the BS expansions. I haven't expanded in RS yet because I'm trying to figure out a better way to get temporary neighbors.

maggieyyli
03-06-12, 10:01 AM
My guess is TL deliberately set a high price once they rolled out the long-waiting expansions. If players were very eager then they couldn't wait but expanded with gems at once. And a few days later, the expansion goes on 'sales' to attract more players. Though i can understand it is a very 'common' 'commercial' 'marketing' thing, I still think it is quite 'disgraceful'.

I don't dare to tell my neighbor the price change either. Nothing will change except she must get mad. She checked with her neighbors and asked me if I knew why some were 40, 80 and she got 120. I could feel her setup. I replied mine was 160 and maybe she found out that hers wasn't the highest and she accepted the expansion offer. Now I really feel a bit guilty.

bobbyrae
03-06-12, 10:01 AM
Mine were 160 and 120 gems on Thursday. I did expansions on BS early on Saturday shortly after reset and by then mine were 40 gems on both RS and BS. Before I did the BS expansions. I haven't expanded in RS yet because I'm trying to figure out a better way to get temporary neighbors.

Invite them and pretend to be nice and then axe them as soon as you've expanded? :p

lol @ temporary neighbours.

pinkster73
03-06-12, 10:02 AM
My guess is TL deliberately set a high price once they rolled out the long-waiting expansions. If players were very eager then they couldn't wait but expanded with gems at once. And a few days later, the expansion goes on 'sales' to attract more players. Though i can understand it is a very 'common' 'commercial' 'marketing' thing, I still think it is quite 'disgraceful'.

I don't dare to tell my neighbor the price change either. Nothing will change except she must get mad. She checked with her neighbors and asked me if I knew why some were 40, 80 and she got 120. I could feel her setup. I replied mine was 160 and maybe she found out that hers wasn't the highest and she accepted the expansion offer. Now I really feel a bit guilty.

Well you better hope she doesn't read this :p

maggieyyli
03-06-12, 10:04 AM
Well, expansion have something done with neighbors? Is it only BS/RS related?

maggieyyli
03-06-12, 10:06 AM

Oh, typo... I mean upset instead of setup... what a funny typo. ;P

Purplum
03-06-12, 12:04 PM
...I haven't purchased anything except gems during the last two gem sales over the weekend and during the new gem sale offering that showed up this morning.

Totally off topic, but I want a gem sale!!!! >_<

I've been playing on this phone since Christmas and haven't gotten even one! On any story game and I play like 7 or 8 story games!

/end tantrum

Sorry about that, my jealousy for your sales got out of hand there for a second. ^-^