PDA

View Full Version : Fix the game from shutting off constantly!!

krokan
03-04-12, 08:20 PM
Every time I try to visit another bakery my game shuts off! At first it was just once and I would turn the game back on and try again. But now I find I have to do it five or more times! How annoying is that and why is it happening?! I'm playing in an iPod touch and I have no idea why this is happening. I just wanna play my game arrghh!

333sandy
03-04-12, 08:23 PM
Soft reset your iPod, that fixed mine

krokan
03-04-12, 08:59 PM
Soft reset your iPod, that fixed mine

How do I do that?

nicoleleeysl
03-04-12, 09:03 PM
Me 2 . That's why I'm not play much right now!!! I try restart my iPad but not work!!!!!

queentina3
03-04-12, 09:17 PM
A soft reset is when you hold the home and on/off switch together for about 10-20 seconds. When the slider to power off shows up, ignore it. Once you get the Apple Logo, you can release the buttons.

kooky panda
03-04-12, 09:18 PM
restart your game or close out your game and restart it.
Make sure you are on the most current version of the game. check under menu-help. small number at the bottom.

android- 1.3.6.05
IOS- valentine game version 1.43
kindle fire 1.37

If playing on wifi try switching to 3G if you can.
If still problems, delete the game and redownload from the app store.
If on IOS, try syncing to itunes
Make sure you have the most current version for your device.

DaojinWildfire
03-05-12, 05:55 PM
Please also send us an email so we can investigate your issue and provide assistance. Thanks!

purplegem611
03-06-12, 09:05 AM
I am also having this problem on my iPad. First it was freezing so I started playing on most recent version game (valentines) still freezing, then I updated my iPad to 5.0.1 and now it's shutting down! I have tried everything to no avail. Any help would greatly be appreciated!

kooky panda
03-06-12, 09:18 AM
I am also having this problem on my iPad. First it was freezing so I started playing on most recent version game (valentines) still freezing, then I updated my iPad to 5.0.1 and now it's shutting down! I have tried everything to no avail. Any help would greatly be appreciated!
since you just updated your Ipad, delete all the bakery games from your Ipad, clear your cookies, data and history under settings-safari,
then go and redownload bakery valentine game. After your download restart your Ipad.

Also when playing your games, close out your games and do not leave them running in the background.
I always restart my iphone everynight before I go to bed, so when I play first thing in the morning all my games are fresh.

purplegem611
03-06-12, 11:39 AM
since you just updated your Ipad, delete all the bakery games from your Ipad, clear your cookies, data and history under settings-safari,
then go and redownload bakery valentine game. After your download restart your Ipad.

Also when playing your games, close out your games and do not leave them running in the background.
I always restart my iphone everynight before I go to bed, so when I play first thing in the morning all my games are fresh.

I think I did try that .... But it's worth another shot!! Thanks will keep you all posted!! Fingers crossed!! Xxxx

purplegem611
03-06-12, 11:50 AM
ugh!!!! it did not work!!! when i visit another bakery it just shuts right down! hopefully someone will figure this out! i have to keep opening my game again and again.... then finally it will be ok for a bit then wham shuts down again!!! its the 5.0.1 update on ipad... does team lava have to do something to be compatible??

purplegem611
03-06-12, 11:55 AM
Ugh!!! it didn't work.... i visit another bakery and it just immediately shuts down. I have to open Bakery over and over again... then it may work for a while then wham it shuts down again. Hopefully someone will be able to figure it out. Its the ipad udate 5.0.1!! does teamlava have to something to be compatible to that version?

kooky panda
03-06-12, 11:58 AM
Ugh!!! it didn't work.... i visit another bakery and it just immediately shuts down. I have to open Bakery over and over again... then it may work for a while then wham it shuts down again. Hopefully someone will be able to figure it out. Its the ipad udate 5.0.1!! does teamlava have to something to be compatible to that version?

You can check you wifi connection to see if that is problem.
the only other thing I can advise is to email support@teamlava.com they will need to look into your game to see if you are having a specific issue.
You may get an automatic message telling you to reports bugs on the forum, but you will get another email after that when a support agent gets to your ticket.

Superyalda
03-06-12, 12:46 PM
I've had the same problem recently. Terrible lags, loading window, try again window, long loads, even restaurants are loading slowly (the furnishings and decor load one at a time) I've been playing the same device and Internet since I started but lately the connections are terrible.

Of course I reset, delete, reinstall, all that ... Seems to help a little, but not sure since sometimes the games work ok, other times it's impossible (like today)

Will see if I can video it and send to support.

It really is awful though. If I wasn't an ol' timer I'd probably quit.

purplegem611
03-06-12, 01:15 PM
You can check you wifi connection to see if that is problem.
the only other thing I can advise is to email support@teamlava.com they will need to look into your game to see if you are having a specific issue.
You may get an automatic message telling you to reports bugs on the forum, but you will get another email after that when a support agent gets to your ticket.

thank you for all your help. I have emailed support. will post back if anything comes up!!

kooky panda
03-06-12, 01:37 PM
thank you for all your help. I have emailed support. will post back if anything comes up!!
Yes please let me know, (do not post a copy of any emails you get from support) just give me a summary.

purplegem611
03-06-12, 02:11 PM
Yes please let me know, (do not post a copy of any emails you get from support) just give me a summary.

Will do!!

purplegem611
03-06-12, 07:40 PM
Will do!!

I heard back and they say....They will forward my email to the egineering team for investigation.
And that engineering is not always able to reply individually to user emails.

kooky panda
03-06-12, 08:20 PM
I heard back and they say....They will forward my email to the egineering team for investigation.
And that engineering is not always able to reply individually to user emails.

That means that support is unable to find the issue, but TL will still be working on it. I am stumped too, you have done everything so I am just not sure why you are still having issues.

purplegem611
03-07-12, 09:32 AM
The only other thing I am going to do is call my Internet service fits and see if they need to up my modem settings??
But thanks for everything. Will keep u posted!

queentina3
03-07-12, 10:12 AM
purplegem, I had to shut off notifications on my BS in order for it not too boot me from the game, have you tried that yet?

purplegem611
03-07-12, 10:50 AM
The only other thing I am going to do is call my Internet service fits and see if they need to up my modem settings??
But thanks for everything. Will keep u posted!

Well it wasn't wifi! Looks like iPad update is compatible with bakery story app

purplegem611
03-07-12, 10:50 AM
Well it wasn't wifi! Looks like iPad update is compatible with bakery story app

Bakery not compatible

queentina3
03-07-12, 11:08 AM
purplegem, I have an iPad 2 with iOS 5.0.01 and as soon as I shut off my notifications (under settings), I wasn't getting booted from the game as often when I visited other shops. If I try to visit everyone at once (I have about 70 neighbors), then I may get the boot once or twice, but can always get back in again.

Have you tried shutting off your notifications in BS to see if that solves your problem, at least until TL can look into why we get booted when they are on? I also have a TT in with engineering and it has been there for a few weeks now, not sure I'll ever hear back from support on the issue. LOL

purplegem611
03-07-12, 02:58 PM
purplegem, I have an iPad 2 with iOS 5.0.01 and as soon as I shut off my notifications (under settings), I wasn't getting booted from the game as often when I visited other shops. If I try to visit everyone at once (I have about 70 neighbors), then I may get the boot once or twice, but can always get back in again.

Have you tried shutting off your notifications in BS to see if that solves your problem, at least until TL can look into why we get booted when they are on? I also have a TT in with engineering and it has been there for a few weeks now, not sure I'll ever hear back from support on the issue. LOL

Going to try that now!! I'll try anything including standing on my head at thisoint!! LoL

DAmanding
03-07-12, 03:23 PM
I'm on an iphone4s ios version 5.0.1, running Valentines version 1.4.3 and BS has been crashing randomly over the past several days for me too. Not necessarily dependent on visiting neighbors. It's just as likely to happen while cooking or getting tips off my tables. I do force close my program at least once every 24 hours and I've even hard reset my phone a couple of times over the last few days. It doesn't crash too often, maybe once or twice a day for me so I haven't really given it much thought.

purplegem611
03-07-12, 04:43 PM
I'm on an iphone4s ios version 5.0.1, running Valentines version 1.4.3 and BS has been crashing randomly over the past several days for me too. Not necessarily dependent on visiting neighbors. It's just as likely to happen while cooking or getting tips off my tables. I do force close my program at least once every 24 hours and I've even hard reset my phone a couple of times over the last few days. It doesn't crash too often, maybe once or twice a day for me so I haven't really given it much thought.

DAmading everything was fine till I updated, seems a little bit better today, I did shut off push notifications but it still shut down a couple of times. Only happening with bakery story app but no others. So my conclusion is its something to do with them. If I get any answers or find something that works will post!

queentina3
03-07-12, 07:09 PM
FYI, I got a system update for my iPad 2 to iOS version 5.1, did you get it purplegems?

purplegem611
03-07-12, 08:22 PM
FYI, I got a system update for my iPad 2 to iOS version 5.1, did you get it purplegems?

The update I did was 5.0.1... That's when my problems started!

purplegem611
03-07-12, 08:24 PM
So far it's been about 4-5 hours and it hasn't shut down!! Yay! I did turn off the push notifications, it shut down once right after I did but hasn't since!! Hopefully I haven't spoken to soon! ������

queentina3
03-07-12, 08:26 PM
So far it's been about 4-5 hours and it hasn't shut down!! Yay! I did turn off the push notifications, it shut down once right after I did but hasn't since!! Hopefully I haven't spoken to soon! ������

LOL, let's hope so. I got the notification about 5.1 after I synched with iTunes when I got home from my night class, and I synched earlier and it wasn't there, so there has been another update. Are you going to attempt it? :p

kooky panda
03-07-12, 09:41 PM
LOL, let's hope so. I got the notification about 5.1 after I synched with iTunes when I got home from my night class, and I synched earlier and it wasn't there, so there has been another update. Are you going to attempt it? :p

turn back on your notifications and see if the new update helps with this issue.

kooky panda
03-07-12, 09:41 PM
fingers crossed for you...

queentina3
03-07-12, 09:47 PM
turn back on your notifications and see if the new update helps with this issue.

Done, and when I do my round of tipping tomorrow I'll let you know if I get the boot while doing so. :)

purplegem611
03-08-12, 01:33 PM
Well looks like maybe the shutting push notifications off in bakery story did solve my problem! It still shuts down once in a while, but found one specific bakery doesn't shut down when I visit so I go into that bakery first then proceed to visit others from there when it does happen. A little of but it works!

purplegem611
03-08-12, 01:38 PM
Done, and when I do my round of tipping tomorrow I'll let you know if I get the boot while doing so. :)

Just saw the other post about the 5.1!!! Don't know if I should attempt it, this was very traumatic for me!! LoL keep us posted queetina!

queentina3
03-08-12, 01:41 PM
I didn't get a shut down once and I was able to go to all my neighbors and a few community members that had posted on my wall. This is WITH the notifications turned back on, so it's looking good. I will monitor it over the next few days just to be sure though.

kooky panda
03-08-12, 02:46 PM
I didn't get a shut down once and I was able to go to all my neighbors and a few community members that had posted on my wall. This is WITH the notifications turned back on, so it's looking good. I will monitor it over the next few days just to be sure though.

YEAHHHHHHH
http://th510.photobucket.com/albums/s347/myDancer_09/Dance/th_Cowgirl.gif (http://media.photobucket.com/image/happy%20dance%20gif/myDancer_09/Dance/Cowgirl.gif?o=60)

purplegem611
03-09-12, 06:55 AM
YEAHHHHHHH
http://th510.photobucket.com/albums/s347/myDancer_09/Dance/th_Cowgirl.gif (http://media.photobucket.com/image/happy%20dance%20gif/myDancer_09/Dance/Cowgirl.gif?o=60)

Oh awesome!! Maybe it has some fixes!! Maybe I'll give it a shot!!