PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Big Panda Game

kooky panda
03-04-12, 02:54 PM
Hey guys, I want to try and start up a new forum game.

Please note, there will be no prize or gems awarded to the winner, this is for fun
only.

I will need 11 players that would like to play. It could be a huge success or huge flop, only time will tell..lol

If you are interested in playing, please post here in this thread. If I get 11 players, then I will start up the game under the Game Forum.

Summary of the game:
This is based on a TV show.
It will be an elimination game. It will be called "The Big Panda" (or if someone has has a better name, let me know)

It will start with 11 players and each round will eliminate a player based on votes .

For example, Round one:

I will post a challenge. The first person to post in the thread the correct answer will then become Head of the Volcano.
The head of the volcano will then post two other players that they want to put in the
"Hot seat"
We then move to the "veto" round. I will post another challenge and the player that wins that challenge will then be able to "veto" one of the nominated hot seat players or leave the nominations the same.
If one of the hot seat players are saved, then the head of volcano will then nominate another player.

I will then announce the two "hot seat" players, but give sometime for those players to try and convince other players (by PM) why they should keep them in the game.

I then will post when the voting will start and players will have a time limit to send me their vote by PM of who they want to eliminate.(except the head of volcano)
If there is tie, then the head of volcano will break the tie and post who they want to eliminate.

I will then post the player that is eliminated and round two will start.
(the eliminated player will no longer be able to play until the end)

When we get down to the two remaining players, then all players will have a chance to send me a PM of who they want to win the game.

When playing you can use private messaging to try and forum alliances with other players to help you get further in the game, but beware that someone who you think is on your side, may be setting you up for elimination.

The key is to keep strong players (that win competions) in your alliance, but at some point, you will need to eliminate them to give you better chance of winning.
but also remember at the end all players will vote when we are down to the last two, so be careful of who you burn in the game early on .

There also will be time limits for head of volcano and the veto winners to post their choices, If they fail to post their choices in the time frame, they will eliminated on that round and the two hot seat players will be safe.

Once I get 11 players, I will start the game up with more of rules of the games.

1. pinkster73
2. queentina3
3. Rachael98
4. greygull
5. realfarmer
6. sparks 229
7. CountryCritters
8. Yanochka
9. atlantisonearth
10.EricasYummys
11.TheRandomDude

pinkster73
03-04-12, 03:10 PM
I'll play. As long as we dont start today

queentina3
03-04-12, 03:18 PM
I'll play as well. Sounds like fun Kooky. :)

kooky panda
03-04-12, 03:24 PM
I'll play. As long as we dont start today
nope I need to get 11 players first, then I will post the new game and give a date when the game will start.

Rachael98
03-04-12, 03:31 PM
Definitely! Sounds great.

Rachael98
03-04-12, 03:32 PM
Ooh, and is it *****ing to use my second ID to enter too, and then save myself using two accounts:p?

queentina3
03-04-12, 03:33 PM
I don't think so, LOL!! Kooky you make sure he doesn't *****! :p

Rachael98
03-04-12, 03:35 PM
I don't think so, LOL!! Kooky you make sure he doesn't *****! :p

Then again, the ID's a bit of a giveaway: Rachael98v2. I'm just using it temporarily for a couple of days for a Storm8 Forums contest (Rachael98 has been wiped from my device:eek:)!

kooky panda
03-04-12, 03:35 PM
Ooh, and is it *****ing to use my second ID to enter too, and then save myself using two accounts:p?

If it is not known that it is a second account I will never know.

kooky panda
03-04-12, 03:38 PM
Then again, the ID's a bit of a giveaway: Rachael98v2. I'm just using it temporarily for a couple of days for a Storm8 Forums contest (Rachael98 has been wiped from my device:eek:)!

If you still using this one when the game starts, I can edit for you. Just let me know which one you will be playing.

Rachael98
03-04-12, 04:11 PM
If it is not known that it is a second account I will never know.

Come on Kooky, you're not stupid. You would notice and ask me.

If you still using this one when the game starts, I can edit for you. Just let me know which one you will be playing.

No, I'm OK. But I can use either on the Forums anyway. It's only the games that got cleared.

greygull
03-04-12, 05:04 PM
I'll join! Sounds interesting ;)

RealFarmer1222
03-04-12, 05:10 PM
You can sign me up.
What sort of 'questions' get asked in each round?

RealFarmer1222
03-04-12, 05:14 PM
errrr...I guess that should read "challenges"....What are the "challenges"??

kooky panda
03-04-12, 05:21 PM
errrr...I guess that should read "challenges"....What are the "challenges"??
They will be forum things, like I may post a picture of someones game and pick an item out and give a hint and the first person to guess the item in the photo I am talking about wins.
Or I may post a picture of something , then also post that picture in a players post somewhere on the forum.
I will give the forum it is in and the first person to post the link and post number of where that picture is wins.

RealFarmer1222
03-04-12, 05:27 PM
Ok...count me in...you will post a time when the challenge is to begin won't you?? Certain times of the day will be bad for me. (it's nearly plowing season!)

kooky panda
03-04-12, 05:34 PM
I want to make challenges at different times so everyone will have a chance, but I can post each morning of the day the approx time when the challenge will go up for that day.

RealFarmer1222
03-04-12, 06:18 PM
sounds reasonable

sparks229
03-04-12, 10:49 PM
I'll play. Sounds fun. Don't know if I actually understand what you're saying but it sounds fun

CountryCritters
03-05-12, 02:43 PM
This sounds like it is right up my alley!
I would love to be one of the TWELVE!!🎤🎺🎷🎸🌟✨🌟✨🌟✨

CountryCritters
03-05-12, 02:44 PM
Oops, ELEVEN!! sorry

yanochka
03-05-12, 03:22 PM
Sign me up :D

atlantisonearth
03-05-12, 03:39 PM
I am willing to participate!

EricasYummys
03-06-12, 11:31 PM
I'll participate

TheRandomDude
03-07-12, 08:58 AM
If the "sign-ups" aren't full... Put me in

kooky panda
03-07-12, 09:01 AM
Okay guys we have our 11 players. I will be setting up the new game today sometime, and I will post a link here for the game!!

Big Panda Players

1. pinkster73
2. queentina3
3. Rachael98
4. greygull
5. realfarmer
6. sparks 229
7. CountryCritters
8. Yanochka
9. atlantisonearth
10.EricasYummys
11.TheRandomDude

queentina3
03-07-12, 10:30 AM
FYI, I won't be able to participate until after about 830p eastern time as I have my class tonight. So hopefully whatever you do Kooky won't get me booted right at the beginning of the game, even though I think pinkster may have it out for me. :p

She dared to send me a CHICKEN for a gift. pfft. Then I couldn't water or gift her. She's evil I tell you, E.V.I.L. hehehe

pinkster73
03-07-12, 10:37 AM
Tee hee, not just a chicken, a brown chicken :p

RealFarmer1222
03-07-12, 10:39 AM
It might get dry enough to plow tommorrow, so I'll be sketchy in the morning (supposed to rain in afternoon)

queentina3
03-07-12, 10:46 AM
Tee hee, not just a chicken, a brown chicken :p

I know a bit OT, but did I show up in your news feed after I declined him? :p

pinkster73
03-07-12, 11:04 AM
I know a bit OT, but did I show up in your news feed after I declined him? :p

Nope. There's nothing in my news feed.

kooky panda
03-07-12, 11:13 AM
New game has been posted :
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?25443-Big-Panda-Game&p=252709&viewfull=1#post252709

First challenge question will be posted tomorrow(Thursday) afternoon.

kooky panda
03-20-12, 06:30 PM
Hey guys, while we are waiting to find out the winner of the game, I thought I would post some thoughts that I had for the next game
(will not be for a few weeks...lol)
Feel free to add any thoughts you may have.

The time zone issue is one of the biggest problems. I was thinking the next time to still have power of veto round, with a challenge but for the head of volcano round, I could use pinksters hat and randomly draw a name out to be head of volcano.

This would give everyone a equal chance of being head of volcano.

Then with the golden power of veto- maybe give every player one of these at the start of the game. Then a player could use their golden power of veto once in the game to come in after the head of volcano is announced, and they could steal the power away from that player and they would be the head of volcano. They would have to post and use it before the head of volcano that was randomly chosen posted the two hot seat players.

pinkster73
03-20-12, 06:31 PM
That sounds good to me. And I'll lend you my hat no problem.

RealFarmer1222
03-20-12, 07:28 PM
I think those are good suggestions, kooky.

I'd suggest that if you do those survey-type challenges and no one has the correct answer, then the one closest should win, rather the one who posted first. That should eliminate the time pressure. In the case of ties, you could either have a special challenge between the two, or go "Price is Right" (closest with out going over).

Random head of volcano is fine, but in this case (lest bigbux is lurking...LOL), I don't think anyone should be able to win it more than twice.

queentina3
03-20-12, 08:47 PM
That sounds like a good idea, but I'll probably bow out just for the fact that I KNOW I have 2 projects coming up for my class plus I'll have my final. I also know that the book fair should be coming to my youngest's school again soon, and I have to work that all day, every day, as a slave's job is never done. :p

I don't want to have to worry about being logged in and refreshing every 2 seconds wondering when Kooky is going to post a challenge. hahahahahaha

RealFarmer1222
03-20-12, 08:52 PM
I don't want to have to worry about being logged in and refreshing every 2 seconds wondering when Kooky is going to post a challenge. hahahahahaha

THAT was a pain, wasn't it...LOL

Sorry I couldn't vote for you in the last round, queenie, but hey, you kicked me off. And pinkster had already made me a trophy!

queentina3
03-20-12, 08:53 PM
I pretty much kicked everyone off but myself and Pinkster. :p

pinkster73
03-21-12, 10:00 AM
I pretty much kicked everyone off but myself and Pinkster. :p

And I'm happy about that!

yanochka
03-21-12, 11:51 AM
I like ideas mentioned above. Thanks KP for a great game - I had a lot of fun!!!!!!!!!!!!