PDA

View Full Version : Arghh my neighbours keep sending me dreaded dragon maker parts!

ecxtasy
03-04-12, 11:49 AM
I am so annoyed with receiving these parts now instead of ordinary parts. After finding out the dragon baker doesn't do anything apart being a teeny tiny decoration in my shop which I don't think even looks that good in a bakery.

I'm having to post on all my neighbours walls not to send me the parts and after getting rid of the neighbours who sent me food after me asking them not to time and time again. I know have to deal with the neighbours who send me dragon parts cos they don't read their own walls and see I've asked them not to.

I'm now missing out on my full quota of 20 ordinary parts a day with these dragon baker rubbish.

queentina3
03-04-12, 02:05 PM
I have a few still gifting them as well. I just decline them and send them a different gift in the hopes that they'll eventually get the hint or read my wall that states I don't need anymore. :p

sourlicorice2
03-04-12, 03:56 PM
Lol Ive posted on my nbrs walls to gift me anything but dragon parts. I'm still getting a few that still do. I just declined them and tried one more time posting on their wall asking for them to send anything but that. If I still get them then cest la vie. I'll just decline them and accept the ones I want.

DAmanding
03-04-12, 04:00 PM
I saw one of my neighbors saying she would delete anyone who sent her dragon parts! lol, just decline the gift. I'm guessing people will be over it in a day or two. :D

ultrafrog
03-04-12, 04:07 PM
Neighbors don't know if you are declining gifts or not.. there is no way to tell other than asking really.

queentina3
03-04-12, 04:36 PM
Neighbors don't know if you are declining gifts or not.. there is no way to tell other than asking really.

If people took the time to ACTUALLY read walls, maybe they would know. :p

I keep my walls very clean. I delete all messages as soon as I take care of them, which is within minutes of me getting on the game. I check in to almost all my games every few hours, so my wall usually only has a few posts (except for overnights when I can have up to 20), but even so they are all within the past few hours so a really QUICK scan by a neighbor and they'll get to MY post.

They just don't bother to take the time, or the effort, to read my wall or their own. Oh well, if it continues after the next update I'll most likely delete them as a neighbor, because to be honest, I really don't want neighbors that can't take the couple of seconds to check my wall or their own.

EricasYummys
03-04-12, 04:53 PM
Maybe you have more time then your neighbors. You could send a message to the dragon offenders before you delete

ultrafrog
03-04-12, 05:04 PM
When I send gifts I send the same thing to everyone unless it happens that someone tells me they want something else before I send it out.

I don't read everyone's wall to see what they want because it would take a crazy amount of time to visit each neighbor, read their wall, scroll through the gift list to find that neighbor and then move on to the next and repeat.

Just way easier to run through neighbor list and check everyone to send the same thing.

nmishii
03-04-12, 05:07 PM

They actually can tell. When you get an old gift in your gift list with the gift back button greyed out it means the neighbor deleted the gift that day. I think this is a bug, since the message is annoying and most people would rather their neighbors not know their gift was deleted.

queentina3
03-04-12, 05:12 PM
They actually can tell. When you get an old gift in your gift list with the gift back button greyed out it means the neighbor deleted the gift that day. I think this is a bug, since the message is annoying and most people would rather their neighbors not know their gift was deleted.

Is that always the case though, because I tested that out by sending from my iPad to my Android game, and on the Android game I declined the gift, and my name never showed up on my iPad game in the news feed. I was hoping it would because I couldn't understand why this 1 user kept showing up day after day and I can't ask them as they don't speak English. :(

nmishii
03-04-12, 05:29 PM
I never went back to my neighbors and asked if they declined my gift, so I'm not 100% positive.

But I started getting parts from a neighbor who gifted me stew everyday since Day 1 so its possible.

How about if I gifted you french toast tomorrow and I'll check if you show up on my list?

nmishii
03-04-12, 05:31 PM
I never went back to my neighbors and asked if they declined my gift, so I'm not 100% positive.

But I started getting parts from a neighbor who gifted me stew everyday since Day 1 so its possible.

How about if I gifted you french toast tomorrow and I'll check if you show up on my list?

Oh, didn't mean to reply that soon. I meant to hit the Go Advanced button and put one of these at the end of the sentence: :p

queentina3
03-04-12, 05:35 PM
Yes, please do that nmishii, as I'm really curious if that is the case.

nmishii
03-04-12, 05:46 PM
Yes, please do that nmishii, as I'm really curious if that is the case.

Are you serious?

I'll also decline your gift so you can see if I show up.

queentina3
03-04-12, 05:54 PM
Yes, I'm serious. I'll gift you French Toast too. :p

nmishii
03-04-12, 06:09 PM
Okay, I just put you down for french toast tomorrow.

Need any brown chickens or brownies? jk

queentina3
03-04-12, 06:12 PM
Don't you dare send me brown chickens, but actually do send me brownies in BS so we can test that as well. I'll reciprocate in BS but in Farm you'll still get your dog bowl. :)

nmishii
03-04-12, 06:16 PM
Okay, french toast, brownies, and a dog bowl. Both ways.

And post results here.

queentina3
03-05-12, 05:42 AM
Ok results thus far:

RS - Declined the French Toast and then nmishii's wire from 2 days ago showed up greyed out in the News Feed. Nothing yet from 24 hours ago, but it may be because I have a lot in the News Feed right now, will check again later
BS - Declined the Brownies and no nmishii in the News Feed. I have very few sitting there right now, so it can't be due to space. Will check again later.

It looks to me like when we decline a gift the person will know, they just won't know what gift was declined for a few days because they system sees the current gift declining and then shows that person the past 2 days worth of gifts from that person in the news feed as also being declined, when in fact they weren't.

nmishii said that my French Toast decline hasn't showed up, but the past 2 days gifts have with greyed out buttons in her news feed. I didn't decline her last 2 gifts, only the French Toast. In BS, I declined her Brownies and only the 48 hour ago gift showed up greyed out, but not the one from 24 hours ago, and I didn't decline those gifts either.

This system is not right, as people are thinking that gifts are being declined that aren't, and the ones that are don't show up as declined for many days later.

nmishii
03-05-12, 06:07 AM
In RS, initially the gifts from the past 2 days showed up with the gift back button greyed out, one as 24 hrs ago and one as 2 days ago. Now the 2 days gift is gone and the one originally from 24 hrs ago shows up as 2 days. But the french toast still doesn't show up.

In BS, there is a gift showing up from 2 days ago with the gift back button greyed out. But the brownies aren't showing up.

I did not decline any of queentina's other gifts in the last two days, just the brownies and french toast today.

Will check back in a bit and see if the brownies and french toast show up.

This was fun. I can't remember the last time I sent someone brownies or french toast.

nmishii
03-05-12, 10:32 AM
The gift in RS with the grey gift back button disappeared. The french toast has not shown up. I had another gift with a grey gift back that also disappeared.

No change to BS, still has a gift with the grey gift back button.

queentina3
03-05-12, 11:43 AM
You never showed up in my BS news feed at all. You're gone from my RS news feed. In fact, both News Feeds have nobody lingering at the moment, but I do notice that happens sometimes and a few hours later people will pop back up again. :rolleyes:

Tomorrow will be interesting as we both should show up again, and hopefully so will the French Toast/Brownie declines.

bobbyrae
03-05-12, 11:48 AM
Well...hmmmm....anyone who sends me dragon parts get dragon parts back, really. I just gift back whatever is given to me, no matter whether I decline it or not. So maybe i should try sending them back gear or a fuse to see what happens. Sometimes it may be that people just are in a back and forth of sending back whatever was sent to them.

Something new i've noticed this week. Sometimes if I go to a neighbour their gift button is grey. But when i go to my newsfeed and accept their gift i can send them back a gift and not get the "your neighbour is maxed out" message. Not sure what that is about.

queentina3
03-05-12, 12:05 PM
Well...hmmmm....anyone who sends me dragon parts get dragon parts back, really. I just gift back whatever is given to me, no matter whether I decline it or not. So maybe i should try sending them back gear or a fuse to see what happens. Sometimes it may be that people just are in a back and forth of sending back whatever was sent to them.

Something new i've noticed this week. Sometimes if I go to a neighbour their gift button is grey. But when i go to my newsfeed and accept their gift i can send them back a gift and not get the "your neighbour is maxed out" message. Not sure what that is about.

I almost always try to gift via the news feed first if I can. My next step is if I don't have an option in the news feed but they have a request pending, is to go to their place, tip them, gift them their request, then accept their request. I actually tried to do that with you yesterday via BS but I could only answer your request, as you were already maxxed on gifts and I had nothing in the News Feed for ya. :(

ecxtasy
03-05-12, 12:10 PM
I only delete the neighbour if they send me a gift I don't want more than 5 times and I write on their wall about it, so I give them a fair chance. I understand people don't play often. Does anyone actually like the dragon baker? A neighbour of mine was building 5.

Limaxa
03-05-12, 12:14 PM
Yes...You're right.. That's stupid -_-

bobbyrae
03-05-12, 12:15 PM
I only delete the neighbour if they send me a gift I don't want more than 5 times and I write on their wall about it, so I give them a fair chance. I understand people don't play often. Does anyone actually like the dragon baker? A neighbour of mine was building 5.

I built three out of sheer boredom and because i had the parts in my inventory :p i might build three more:rolleyes: Maybe his week they might give us the giant dragon baker for construction as well? :cool:

Queentina,i didn't accept my gifts till late yesterday so i was "maxed" out all day apparently...this gifting thing is so strange. Whoever designed it should be strung up and tickled until they pee themselves! :mad:

nmishii
03-05-12, 01:40 PM
The gift in RS with the grey gift back button disappeared. The french toast has not shown up. I had another gift with a grey gift back that also disappeared.

No change to BS, still has a gift with the grey gift back button.

Now I have no gifts in RS or BS with a grey gift back button. Brownies and french toast never showed up.

In Farm I have an entry for a nbr who declined my dog bowl. Two entries, 4 hrs ago and 22 hrs ago. So Farm appears to be recognizing gifts declined today.

Queentina, tomorrow can you send me a brown chicken? I'll still send you a dog bowl.

pastrychef17
03-05-12, 01:45 PM
I built three out of sheer boredom and because i had the parts in my inventory :p i might build three more:rolleyes: Maybe his week they might give us the giant dragon baker for construction as well? :cool:
:

LOL, I wondered why I got a dragon part request from you. I thought "she's building more??" I really hope TL thought ahead and does plan some other kind of use for the specialized parts. If you're going to introduce new parts to the game, at least make it for something that people would want multiples of, like chairs, tables and dividers, so there's an incentive to collect more of those parts rather than "OMG, I wish people would stop gifting dragon parts!" and multiple posts on walls saying "Please gift anything except dragon parts". I built one dragon baker because I could but have no desire to build more. It doesn't go with my bakery and I'm only keeping it out because I have the room and don't have time to redesign.

queentina3
03-05-12, 01:57 PM
Now I have no gifts in RS or BS with a grey gift back button. Brownies and french toast never showed up.

In Farm I have an entry for a nbr who declined my dog bowl. Two entries, 4 hrs ago and 22 hrs ago. So Farm appears to be recognizing gifts declined today.

Queentina, tomorrow can you send me a brown chicken? I'll still send you a dog bowl.

Sure, send me one as well and I'll just declne it. Most of my neighbors are sending me dog bowls now and I usually am maxxed out at 20 by 9a anyways, so I don't have to worry that I won't meet my personal quota by getting a chicken from you now. :p

b3ar67
03-05-12, 07:32 PM

Yes, there are those of us who like the dragon baker and wish you could send us all the parts you don't want. ;)

queentina3
03-05-12, 08:19 PM

Queentina,i didn't accept my gifts till late yesterday so i was "maxed" out all day apparently...this gifting thing is so strange. Whoever designed it should be strung up and tickled until they pee themselves! :mad:

Ok, now this is interesting. You declined the screw I sent you in RS a little while ago because you needed paint, I got that request at the same time I got you showing up in my news feed with the screw. I was able to answer your request and re-gift you with paint. Hmmmmmm........I shouldn't have been able to gift you again, even if you declined my gift, as the system should've seen I already gifted you. Unless of course the screw that showed up in the news feed wasn't TODAY'S gift, and I forgot to check the time stamp! Darn it! Grrrrr

Sorry, typing while thinking this out. :p

Did you decline a gift to me within the last hour? I don't care if you did, as I don't know what people need if they don't have it posted on their wall or I have a request before going there to tip them, I'm just curious if it was the screw that showed up in my news feed AND if I had gifted you today. There were some neighbors that were full when I went to gift them, and I don't recall if you were one of them again today or not. If I had gifted you and that was what you declined, why did the system let me gift you again? If you didn't decline a gift from me, then maybe because you sent me a request and HAD declined a gift from me in the last 2 days that is what prompted you to show up in my news feed.

Ugh, this system is too confusing, TL needs to fix this! grrrr

queentina3
03-06-12, 08:11 AM
Ok, nmishii will post her findings when she has the chance, but here are mine.

She never showed up with a past entry in my news feed today. I accepted her gifts in both RS/BS and after that she still didn't show up. Now, I wonder if I had declined her gifts, would my French Toast in RS showed up? Will have to test that next.

Yesterday, even after I declined her Brownies, she had never showed up in my news feed like she had in RS (but then disappeared), and today she never showed up again. I also accepted her gift today, whereas yesterday I had declined it, so maybe if I had declined it she would have showed up? Considering she hadn't yesterday, I'm starting to wonder if she ever would.

In Farm, I declined her gift and again she never showed up. I'm thinking that I'll send her another brown chicken tomorrow and have her decline it to see if she'll show up. If she doesn't, then I have no idea why others may be showing up and I'm too CHICKEN to ask them if they're declining my fantastic gift of the dog bowl. :p hahaha

nmishii
03-06-12, 08:32 AM
queentina didn't show up in my RS or BS news feed for yesterday's brownies or french toast. I accepted both her gifts today.

I got into Farm 24 minutes after queentina sent me a brown chicken and I declined it. An entry for a dog bowl from two days ago showed up. I checked again about 1/2 hr ago and that entry is gone now.

Yesterday I had two entries for a nbr and today I have one entry for a different neighbor who apparently declined by dog bowl gifts. Maybe they wanted brown chickens? :p Both entries for the first nbr eventually disappeared and I'm assuming the one today will eventually disappear also.

pinkster73
03-06-12, 08:34 AM
Can someone do a summary of this experiment? Declining gifts study for dummies?

bobbyrae
03-06-12, 09:08 AM
Ok, now this is interesting. You declined the screw I sent you in RS a little while ago because you needed paint, I got that request at the same time I got you showing up in my news feed with the screw. I was able to answer your request and re-gift you with paint. Hmmmmmm........I shouldn't have been able to gift you again, even if you declined my gift, as the system should've seen I already gifted you. Unless of course the screw that showed up in the news feed wasn't TODAY'S gift, and I forgot to check the time stamp! Darn it! Grrrrr

Sorry, typing while thinking this out. :p

Did you decline a gift to me within the last hour? I don't care if you did, as I don't know what people need if they don't have it posted on their wall or I have a request before going there to tip them, I'm just curious if it was the screw that showed up in my news feed AND if I had gifted you today. There were some neighbors that were full when I went to gift them, and I don't recall if you were one of them again today or not. If I had gifted you and that was what you declined, why did the system let me gift you again? If you didn't decline a gift from me, then maybe because you sent me a request and HAD declined a gift from me in the last 2 days that is what prompted you to show up in my news feed.

Ugh, this system is too confusing, TL needs to fix this! grrrr

I don't decline screws ever!!!! Are you mad?! I can never get enough of them. Decline screws! Whoever heard of such a thing! I am horrified at the very prospect of that. smh...craziness. Absolute madness to even think such a thing!

I actually accept pretty much everything in Restaurant, except french toast and such. I even accept stew and chicken! (I know, I know! The horror of doing THAT!lol). I think I was building an easy oven so sent a request for paint to you. Thanks for responding :p

I did decline your bricks in farm today though.

I'll throw a wrench into all of this theorising and just say this. I have a secondary bakery that I use mainly for sending my main game parts. My main bakery is the only neighbour I have in my secondary game. Obviously I never reject any of the gifts sent from my secondary bakery. I also send my secondary bakery gifts as well and I always accept them there as well. So anyway. This morning I notice that in my newsfeed I'm seeing the "use gift/send back gift" button for gifts I received including those from 5 days ago on my secondary bakery which gifts I had already accepted...5 days ago... :confused:

bobbyrae
03-06-12, 09:15 AM
Oh wait...:rolleyes:so you guys are actually thinking that it's gifts that are being accepted that get back on the newsfeed? hmmm....oh. well then...whatever for though?!:confused:

I'll let you know if that brick appears tomorrow in my newsfeed Tina.

queentina3
03-06-12, 09:20 AM

We're still trying to figure it out. LMAO!!!!!

bobbyrae, I think I'm going to be doing mass gifting of screws/paint in both RS/BS for the next few days, so I'll try to remember to send you screws in both. I have a ton of schoolwork and really don't have time this week to check individual walls this week, so you should be able to stock up. LOL

This whole news feed thing is getting weirder by the minute. I also have a secondary RS/BS for gifting purposes and have never declined and I even showed up the other day in it, so I have no clue what the reasons are for people to be showing up now.

I truly believe TL needs to look into the coding to find out why this is happening and what it means, and possibly find a way to SHUT IT OFF, as I'm getting sick of having to go through all those people to get to requests if I haven't been able to tip/gift them yet that day. I try to get all my "accepts/declines" and requests done when I wake up and then move onto the next game. Later on, when I have time, I go back to the games and start tipping/gifting and they eventually go away, but to have to get by them first thing in the morning has got to end, really. :rolleyes:

queentina3
03-06-12, 09:23 AM
Oh wait...:rolleyes:so you guys are actually thinking that it's gifts that are being accepted that get back on the newsfeed? hmmm....oh. well then...whatever for though?!:confused:

I'll let you know if that brick appears tomorrow in my newsfeed Tina.

I don't even recall sending you a brick. LOL I could've sworn I sent you a dog bowl as you wrote on your wall that you would gift back what you got, and I only want dog bowls in farm right now. Oh well.

No, we thought declined gifts were what was showing up in the News Feed, now I don't know what is. Maybe it is the accepted gifts. I'm about to give up though, I'm getting frustrated trying to figure TLs coding out. LOL

bobbyrae
03-06-12, 09:23 AM
I truly believe TL needs to look into the coding to find out why this is happening and what it means,

I honestly think it's all set to random. Just to keep us occupied trying to figure it all out. Look how long it has kept our hands full trying to figure it out instead of complaining about how high the price of gems are and what not.:rolleyes:

pinkster73
03-06-12, 10:00 AM
Or maybe they want us to lose it and stab ourselves in the eye with a fork.

pastrychef17
03-06-12, 10:03 AM
bobbyrae, I think that was my brick gift you declined because I need bricks, lol. Feel free to keep declining because I need to keep sending bricks, concrete and other parts for the silo, well and pond I'm trying to build. Or if you remember to send me materials, I can gift you something you actually want :).

I'm also confused by the whole newsfeed thing but in RS/BS, I usually just gift back what I'm sent, regardless of whether I accepted the gift or not then I send a random part to everyone else with an active gift button who didn't post a specific request on my wall. We haven't had anything interesting to build in Bakery or RS lately so I've just been accepting random parts, trying to get all my inventory to approximately the same levels so I'm ready with whatever the next one-hit wonder appliance needs when it's released.

bobbyrae
03-06-12, 10:06 AM
bobbyrae, I think that was my brick gift you declined because I need bricks, lol. Feel free to keep declining because I need to keep sending bricks, concrete and other parts for the silo, well and pond I'm trying to build. Or if you remember to send me materials, I can gift you something you actually want :).

I'm also confused by the whole newsfeed thing but in RS/BS, I usually just gift back what I'm sent, regardless of whether I accepted the gift or not then I send a random part to everyone else with an active gift button who didn't post a specific request on my wall. We haven't had anything interesting to build in Bakery or RS lately so I've just been accepting random parts, trying to get all my inventory to approximately the same levels so I'm ready with whatever the next one-hit wonder appliance needs when it's released.

Ooooooooohhhhhhhh!! ooops! I think I sent you a dog bowl, because I thought you were queentina who insists she only wants bowls...oh dear. It's queentina's fault. She changed her name to applesomething so she confused me. Blame her :p

I'll just send you whatever you send me. So don't worry about it. :)

nmishii
03-06-12, 10:16 AM
Ok, nmishii will post her findings when she has the chance, but here are mine.

She never showed up with a past entry in my news feed today. I accepted her gifts in both RS/BS and after that she still didn't show up. Now, I wonder if I had declined her gifts, would my French Toast in RS showed up? Will have to test that next.

Yesterday, even after I declined her Brownies, she had never showed up in my news feed like she had in RS (but then disappeared), and today she never showed up again. I also accepted her gift today, whereas yesterday I had declined it, so maybe if I had declined it she would have showed up? Considering she hadn't yesterday, I'm starting to wonder if she ever would.

In Farm, I declined her gift and again she never showed up. I'm thinking that I'll send her another brown chicken tomorrow and have her decline it to see if she'll show up. If she doesn't, then I have no idea why others may be showing up and I'm too CHICKEN to ask them if they're declining my fantastic gift of the dog bowl. :p hahaha

How about white chickens tomorrow, so if one shows up in the news feed we know which day its for. I guess the time stamp should work, but Farm has plenty of gifts to choose from.

sourlicorice2
03-06-12, 11:02 AM

Lol I was just thinking the same thing before I got to this thread that I needed a version for dummies. I'm sooo confused lol :p

quentinsmommy
03-06-12, 11:11 AM
What I'm doing is building up dragons with all the extra parts in my inventory, so eventually I won't have any more dragon parts in it and can start declining them.

queentina3
03-06-12, 11:31 AM
How about white chickens tomorrow, so if one shows up in the news feed we know which day its for. I guess the time stamp should work, but Farm has plenty of gifts to choose from.

Sounds good, lets do that. :p

Ooooooooohhhhhhhh!! ooops! I think I sent you a dog bowl, because I thought you were queentina who insists she only wants bowls...oh dear. It's queentina's fault. She changed her name to applesomething so she confused me. Blame her :p

I'll just send you whatever you send me. So don't worry about it. :)

Actually you can blame my 9, almost 10 year old, it was his "mom, you're so lame for having your name as your shop name" comment that started the whole thing. You'd get a laugh out of the 20 minute debate we had on the pros/cons of me changing it, in the end his puppy dog eyes won me over, and alas the name got changed. So blame him and his uncanny ability to win arguments and use his eyes as a deadly "I get what I want" weapon. :p

pastrychef17
03-06-12, 11:44 AM
What I'm doing is building up dragons with all the extra parts in my inventory, so eventually I won't have any more dragon parts in it and can start declining them.

That's probably the smart thing to do to get rid of them. On the first day, I accepted 10 dragon teeth and 10 dragon scales before we knew what they were for. I now have 3 dragon teeth lingering in my inventory and the only way to get rid of them is to build another one with just enough parts to complete it. But I'm going to let them linger there to annoy myself for jumping the *** on accepting those parts :).

And to add further info (or confusion) to the news feed gift thing, bobbyrae is now lingering in my news feed with an inactive gift button so I can tell she declined the bricks I sent her this morning.

bobbyrae
03-06-12, 12:11 PM
I now have 3 dragon teeth lingering in my inventory and the only way to get rid of them is to build another one with just enough parts to complete it.

By now you've figured out that this is what is happening to me. And to make it worse I build and send out requests and don't get the requested item so send out a few more requests then build the silly dragon and then...and then....and then!!! the previous day's requests come in and so I have 6 teeth and 5 scales and then...arrrrrrrrggh!!!! :rolleyes: I now have 4 dragons. lol.

bobbyrae is now lingering in my news feed with an inactive gift button so I can tell she declined the bricks I sent her this morning. Oh....so is this how we know that someone declines the gift? But as I said, in my secondary game, my main bakery (Pink Nest) keeps showing up for gifts I accepted up to 5 days before? :confused:

bobbyrae
03-06-12, 12:13 PM
confusion indeed! I say, let's call the whole thing off! lol. This is crazy. I wonder if maybe the TL team keeps shifting it up on us everytime we think we have it figured out? As soon as we post something they just rewrite the code and flip it just to drive us all bloody mad?!:eek:

:cool:

pinkster73
03-06-12, 12:15 PM
I'll just wait for the 3 sentence summary for dummies.

ecxtasy
03-06-12, 12:40 PM
Pinkster your too funny.

If they have a big dragon next weeks update I still don't want any dragon parts. Will definitely want if he makes marshmallows though.

queentina3
03-06-12, 01:11 PM

News Feed
Is
Broken

:p

bobbyrae
03-06-12, 01:13 PM
News Feed
Is
Broken

:p

Send parts.

pastrychef17
03-06-12, 01:24 PM
Send parts.

And don't gift brownies.

nmishii
03-06-12, 01:25 PM

If you decline a gift your neighbor will know because a previous gift or two will show on hist/her news feed with the gift back button greyed out.

The entry(s) with the gift back button greyed out will eventually disappear, and not stay on forever lilke they used to.

TeamLava still needs to fix the gifting system and bobbyrae should not have been using a second device.

pastrychef17
03-06-12, 01:28 PM
Maybe the real question is does anyone really mind if their neighbor declines their gift and you find out about it? I don't. I'd be sorry if I sent them the wrong part but I know I've also declined parts that I needed/wanted just to leave my 20-gift limit still free to give other neighbors a chance to give gifts, not because my neighbor didn't send the part I wanted.

queentina3
03-06-12, 01:31 PM
Maybe the real question is does anyone really mind if their neighbor declines their gift and you find out about it? I don't. I'd be sorry if I sent them the wrong part but I know I've also declined parts that I needed/wanted just to leave my 20-gift limit still free to give other neighbors a chance to give gifts, not because my neighbor didn't send the part I wanted.

No I don't mind if they decline a gift of mine, but I don't want them clogging up my news feed because they did decline a gift. In the AM I'm rushing to get things off appliances, accept/decline gifts, and handle requests and then I later go back to tip/gift everyone, so to have these nuisances clogging up my news feed when I need to get to the requests is just maddening.

That and I really wanted to know why this started happening and get it removed, as like I said, I hate having them there until I can gift/tip them that day. :(

driftboutique
03-06-12, 01:34 PM
Huh. If I've gifted back all of my neighbors, I usually only have two or three items stuck in my news feed. It's not something I ever even thought about until I saw it here. I assume you guys have way more than that which is what makes it an issue?

queentina3
03-06-12, 04:09 PM
Huh. If I've gifted back all of my neighbors, I usually only have two or three items stuck in my news feed. It's not something I ever even thought about until I saw it here. I assume you guys have way more than that which is what makes it an issue?

I only end up with 1 or 2 as well, AFTER I've regifted everyone that was in my news feed with a 1 or 2 day old message, and/or gifted/tipped all my neighbors. That isn't the issue, the issue is that they HANG there until I get the chance to do that and I have to weed through them to get to the requests, which is a pain in the...........................LOL!!

I pretty much gift/tip in all 7 games I play daily and combined have about 400 neighbors, so it takes me awhile as it is. There may be a day or two that I can't do that because of time constraints, and these hanger-arounders (lol) get in my way. :p

nmishii
03-06-12, 04:41 PM

I only get 1-3 entries. I was pretty sure they were declined gifts, but wanted to know more about what was causing it.

Its the long list of entries with the gift back button lit that show up at midnight to let me know that I can gift back neighbors that annoys me.

driftboutique
03-06-12, 04:47 PM
Ahhhh. I see. It just doesn't bother me, I guess. If I don't have time to gift, I just scroll to the bottom and work up through all my current requests. Saves the trouble of figuring out where gifts end and requests begin. I'm sure there are things that drive me crazy that you guys don't even notice... to each his own :)

bobbyrae
03-06-12, 05:01 PM
If you decline a gift your neighbor will know because a previous gift or two will show on hist/her news feed with the gift back button greyed out.

But the gifts i have received from my secondary device from up to 5 days back keep coming onto the newsfeed of my secondary device even though i have accepted them. And they come back both with the greyed out gift back button and the gift back button highlighted. Remember that for my bakery on my secondary device my bakery on my main device is its only neighbour.

nmishii
03-06-12, 05:08 PM
But the gifts i have received from my secondary device from up to 5 days back keep coming onto the newsfeed of my secondary device even though i have accepted them. And they come back both with the greyed out gift back button and the gift back button highlighted. Remember that for my bakery on my secondary device my bakery on my main device is its only neighbour.

Yeah, I don't know how to explain that.

pinkster73
03-06-12, 05:11 PM
So did you guys figure out why I have lingering gifts stuck in my news feed for days with both buttons greyed out?

nmishii
03-06-12, 05:16 PM
So did you guys figure out why I have lingering gifts stuck in my news feed for days with both buttons greyed out?

If the Use Gift button is greyed out, then there are none of those gifts in your inventory. They were probably sold off dog bowls.

If the gift back button is greyed out, its likely the person declined your gift, but that might not be the case.

Do the gifts eventually go away after a few hours or are they there all day? Because when the gifts are declined they appear to fall off the list after a few hours.

It could be that if they are there for a few hours they were declined and if they're there all day its some sort of problem with the TL code.

bobbyrae
03-06-12, 05:24 PM
The missing Work Gloves was a bug and has been fixed. It's best to report anything that's not working correctly, so we can check for any bugs or more information. Thanks for letting us know about the Work Gloves!

DaojinWildfire (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?25177-What-are-the-dragon-tooth-scale-for&p=250748#post250748), we've been reporting this issue for a while now...is it at all possible for us to please have a response from the Development Team, or anyone really, who can tell us why this is happening?

queentina3
03-06-12, 05:27 PM
I notice they go away once I've gifted that person again, so if someone has someone lingering, it is either because they haven't gifted that person again or it's because the person they tried to gift was full. At least that is how I'm seeing it, but then again, I could be totally wrong and TL is just messing with my mind. I have a migraine. :(

pinkster73
03-06-12, 05:42 PM
If the Use Gift button is greyed out, then there are none of those gifts in your inventory. They were probably sold off dog bowls.

If the gift back button is greyed out, its likely the person declined your gift, but that might not be the case.

Do the gifts eventually go away after a few hours or are they there all day? Because when the gifts are declined they appear to fall off the list after a few hours.

It could be that if they are there for a few hours they were declined and if they're there all day its some sort of problem with the TL code.

It usually stays for a couple days. And it always has 2 from one person. Like 2 gifts from pickles with both buttons greyed out and 2 from Nancy with both buttons greyed out.

nmishii
03-06-12, 05:43 PM
I notice they go away once I've gifted that person again, so if someone has someone lingering, it is either because they haven't gifted that person again or it's because the person they tried to gift was full. At least that is how I'm seeing it, but then again, I could be totally wrong and TL is just messing with my mind. I have a migraine. :(

This is how it is for those with the gift back button lit. They really should only display yesterday's gift and not 2+ days worth of gifts.

Its when the gift back button is greyed out that doesn't make sense. I think there should be no gifts with the gift back button greyed in the pending gift list.

pinkster73
03-06-12, 05:45 PM
I think that someone who actually plays the games should design and code the gifting system.

queentina3
03-06-12, 05:54 PM
It usually stays for a couple days. And it always has 2 from one person. Like 2 gifts from pickles with both buttons greyed out and 2 from Nancy with both buttons greyed out.

Funny, the one I have lingering in Farm is from pickles as well. LOL

pinkster73
03-06-12, 06:41 PM
Funny, the one I have lingering in Farm is from pickles as well. LOL

I'm on day 2 of 2 gifts from pickles with both buttons greyed out. Hmmm, maybe its pickles?

greygull
03-06-12, 07:58 PM
Is this still occurring for everyone? If it is, which device?

On both my devices it now seems to be gone.

Edit: I meant after you have gifted everyone for the day, not right when you log in in the morning.

pinkster73
03-06-12, 08:39 PM
Yes, still happening. I'm on iPhone.

pinkster73
03-06-12, 08:39 PM
Ha ha I made myself laugh. I'm Android in case anyone forgot.

nmishii
03-06-12, 08:43 PM
It still happens to me. But the entries with the gift back greyed out disappear after a few hours and appears to be for declined gifts. The entries used to be in the list all day until recently. Android also.

queentina3
03-07-12, 10:43 AM
Is this still occurring for everyone? If it is, which device?

On both my devices it now seems to be gone.

Edit: I meant after you have gifted everyone for the day, not right when you log in in the morning.

Yes, even after I gift everyone some people show back up again. I'm on iPad 2, and all the correct downloads for the games and iOS version.

However, I don't like how they are there when we first get into the game either, and don't understand why TL did this and what reason those people are there in the first place. Is there anyway we can find out the WHY?

On a side note, nmishii didn't show up in my news feed for Farm today and I declined her gift again today. She also declined my gift and I didn't show up in hers either. That is 2 days in a row that we both sent brown/white chickens and both declined and neither showed up in the others news feeds.

So, maybe it's accepted gifts after all that are making these people show up, but it would be nice to know for sure from TL. When I had accepted gifts between my iPad/Android games I never showed up in either of those news feeds, so........:confused:

dria_91
03-07-12, 09:01 PM
I honestly think deleting someone because they sent you the wrong gift is kinda harsh. Just decline the darn gift and get over it! That's what I do, and it opens slots for you to be able to receive more gifts. I put posts on people's walls to send parts and not food for like a week, and i would still receive food. I just declined the food and went on my happy way....Simple

DaojinWildfire
03-09-12, 03:52 PM
Please provide us with screenshots of the message logs so we can review the issue. Are the message logs thats are reappearing in the feed dated the same day or at least 1 day old?

pinkster73
03-09-12, 04:24 PM
Please provide us with screenshots of the message logs so we can review the issue. Are the message logs thats are reappearing in the feed dated the same day or at least 1 day old?

I can't take screenshots of menu stuff.

queentina3
03-09-12, 04:35 PM

Some are the same day, some are 1 day, some are 2 day, and some according the a few posters are from 5-7 days past. I'll take some screenshots over the next few days in my games and PM them to you, as I don't feel very comfortable posting users BS/RS/Farm names in the public thread. I hope that's ok. :)

greygull
03-09-12, 06:55 PM
One thing to maybe try as well - using two people, have one person accept, and the other decline. Example - queentina accept everything nmishii sends you, and nmishii decline everything queentina sends you.

TheRandomDude
03-09-12, 07:07 PM
I can't take screenshots of menu stuff.

If ur using an iOS device u can press the sleep button and the home button at the same time and ur ipod will take a picture of what currently is on the screen. Hope this helps!

queentina3
03-09-12, 07:10 PM
If ur using an iOS device u can press the sleep button and the home button at the same time and ur ipod will take a picture of what currently is on the screen. Hope this helps!

pinkster is android, and not all android devices allow you to take screenshots.

One thing to maybe try as well - using two people, have one person accept, and the other decline. Example - queentina accept everything nmishii sends you, and nmishii decline everything queentina sends you.

I can do that. What do you think nmishii, want to give that a whirl for the next 2 days?

pinkster73
03-09-12, 07:23 PM

Omg you didn't know I'm Android? You must be new :p. I'm one of the biggest whiners oh I mean advocates for Android/ios parity!

lvu5194
03-09-12, 10:54 PM
When I send gifts I send the same thing to everyone unless it happens that someone tells me they want something else before I send it out.

I don't read everyone's wall to see what they want because it would take a crazy amount of time to visit each neighbor, read their wall, scroll through the gift list to find that neighbor and then move on to the next and repeat.

Just way easier to run through neighbor list and check everyone to send the same thing.

Yes. I agree with you. I dont have time everyday to check and remember what everyones game. I gift everyone the same thing because I gift everyone at once. Why are people taking this so seriously. Its just a game. People gwt mad at others for gifting? Seriously? If someone need parts, just neighbor request it and im happy to accept.