PDA

View Full Version : Unreasonable times for the amount of dishes!

markersable
03-04-12, 11:04 AM
has anyone realized, not just in restaurant story but in bakery story, the times for the amount of dishes is just crazy!!! For example the apple pies in restaurant story make only 1245 dishes for 2 whole days, while the BBQ chicken makes over 4100 dishes in just 16 hours! Anyone else agree?

pops1972
03-04-12, 11:15 AM
Yeah. It bugs me. It requires so much planning to be able to level up, use the constructables and still make good money and still have food but not too much. It makes my brain hurt. Sometimes it seems that I'm only making enough coins to cook.

3squares
03-04-12, 01:52 PM
But one batch of Apple Pie will make you 10,000 coins. Each plate sells for 8 coins.

It's the newer recipes which bug me: they all sell for 4 coins per plate, but quantities yield per recipe is lower than older recipes.

See some of the spreadsheets (linked on this forum) or threads by fecsuper on how to maximize your coin generation.

RealFarmer1222
03-04-12, 04:54 PM
. It makes my brain hurt. .

Makes my brain hurt a little too, but it's a good kind of hurt.

fecsuper
03-04-12, 07:03 PM
Hello, someone ask my opinion about this thread. So here it is.

RS is a game, is a very interesting strategy modern play, that resemble to much to reality. But this does not means that everything in RS is logical.
For example.
I like to cook and you never spend 2 days cooking a stew. maximum you time could be 3 or 4 hours.
So all the recipes are Real, but the timings are Not.

Told this, the number of plates is also just DATA. no logical is required.

16 hr, BBQ chicken , 4100 plates, +2 , $8100 sale price, and 157 XP
46 hr, Apples Pie , 1150 plates, +8 , $10000 sale price, and 230 XP

BBQ chicken is good for making a lot of plates, but Not to do a lot of money, because if your system consume 45000 plates a day you will ear only $90,000 per day using a T design.
Apples Pies, is perfect for making money, with 45000 plates per day, you get $360,000 per day.

BBQ chicken, has a rate of plates/hr of 256, so is very good to maintain a good Stock of food on your counters.
Apples Pies, Don't, at just 27 plates/hr, you will lower your STOCK food pile for sure.

So this is a strategy game, you must cook what you need.

A) If you need increase your CASH, you need to cook +4,+5,+8 $/plate dishes, but you have to be careful balancing STOCK in your counters, Coins per plate (+1..+8)
Remember system eats 45000 daily on a efficient restaurant (like T design).

B) If you need to speed up Leveling, then you must go for XP/hr, which usually means cook the most you can short timing recipes. You need to TIP a lot, and you need to buy a lot of decorations (because you ear XPs buyiong decoration)

C) If you want to Earn a lot of GEMS, then you must check which recipes needs less time for masterizing (level 2 and 4, the ones that give gems), and look the minimal total times of each recipe, and cook only those. To do this you have to know how many times you need to cook a recipe times the time the recipe divided in the number of appliances you have available to cook such recipe.

As you see, there are a lot of different strategies, NONE of them require you to CLOSE your door.

queentina3
03-04-12, 09:01 PM
Thanks fecsuper, your analysis is always a pleasure to read. I guess attempting to stockpile apple pie will never happen, well unless you have 40 + appliances and even then, you may get a day out of your stock and it takes 2 days to make. LOL

RealFarmer1222
03-04-12, 09:24 PM
So this is a strategy game,

Maybe, on a basic level, but the game is no Advanced Third Reich.

I don't do much straterization. I just try to keep my serving tables as full as possible and keep my ovens/stoves cooking with about half the dishes ready in 1-4 hours and the rest ready for the next day.

ultrafrog
03-04-12, 10:40 PM
There isn't much deep strategy here.

To me it seems like there was too much uproar over reducing the servings on existing recipes so TL has basically from that point forward just release new recipes with reduced serving sizes compared to old recipes. If you want to stockpile servings, it's more efficient to go back to old recipes.