PDA

View Full Version : Makeup Counter- worked fine at first but now is failing to give me the makeup

meggieprice
03-03-12, 10:13 PM
I bought my makeup counter in recent weeks and at first did not see the issue I had seen reported with the ordered makeup disappearing and only coins being given. Occasionally the ordered item would seem to not be there but then I would get the Out of Sync message and once synced again all would be ok.

However after this week's update suddenly I have been continually not given my ordered makeup. Out of 8 orders I have received only two items.

I am ANNOYED! Is there any fix or coping strategy I can use?

hushkat
03-03-12, 10:23 PM
Before collecting my makeup, I go into design mode. Then I come out of design mode and put the items on the shelf. Works every time.

Zee_Zatara
03-03-12, 11:57 PM
Before collecting my makeup, I go into design mode. Then I come out of design mode and put the items on the shelf. Works every time.

Works for me every time too. Go in and out of design mode, then place the makeup. This habit has become automatic for me at this point.

Very annoying that TL STILL hasn't fixed this glitch yet though.

queentina3
03-04-12, 09:42 AM
When I log into the game I go to design mode, then out of design mode, place makeup, then do anything else that is necessary like picking up likes/dealing with catalog/messages/news feed/giving likes/etc..........The one time I forgot to do this, my make-up turned to coins instead, so now I make sure that when my make-up is due and I've already done other things in Fashion Story, I fully log out of the game, then I go back in and collect/place the make-up and continue what I had been doing before exiting.

I also wish TL would fix this bug, as it can be annoying to have to do that, but at least my counters will have make-up. :)

dalula
03-04-12, 11:32 AM
It works when i visit a nbr and give them their 6 likes :)

laVirtualCloset
03-04-12, 09:13 PM
I always visit someone . . . anyone (neighbor or someone from the community doesn't matter). I don't need to tip, just the visit is sufficient. I come back to my shop and collect my make-up. It works everytime. If I collect tips first, it never works.

meggieprice
03-04-12, 10:11 PM
Hmm- thanks! I tried the visiting thing and that did NOT work for me yesterday, hence my visit here ( I had heard about that way of fixing it....).I will try the design mode idea. Today I have received my item twice and not received it the third time.

The other thing I noticed is that it doesn't seem possible to load up on makeup to keep it in stock longer- I got all mine about 1300 the other day by closing shop for a bit- as soon as I opened up again they plummeted back down to the 200-300 range within a short amount of time. It was ridiculous.

laVirtualCloset
03-05-12, 06:29 AM
Sorry to hear that "visiting" didn't work. Because we can only order one item at a time, I block my tables until I have 8000 units on each table. At that point I make them accessible to customers until they reach ~1000 then I'll block again until I can restocked. That requires a floor layout that will allow you to do that it keeps me sane.