PDA

View Full Version : South US Tornados

Rachael98
03-03-12, 08:45 AM
The info provided in the UK is a little sketchy, as Syria is taking a large amount of time on the BBC, but it appears that there have been significant and devastating tornadoes in the South of the US, apparently 'earlier than expected' (we don't get them very often here, to be frank!).

Is everyone OK, and can anyone fill me in?

pinkster73
03-03-12, 09:57 AM
I can't :(, just snow here

RealFarmer1222
03-03-12, 11:29 AM
The tornados were more in the midwest (Illinois, IIRC) although we had some bad thunderstorms here in PA last night.

And it's supposed to snow tommorrow.

87642andme
03-03-12, 01:16 PM
Henryville, Indiana was devasted. Almost the entire town gone.

queentina3
03-03-12, 03:31 PM
It was more the midwest than the south. Southern Indiana, Southern Ohio, Northern Kentucky, and a small portion of Alabama that got hit the hardest. Whole towns were wiped out, Henryville Indiana as 87642andme stated, as well as the small town that borders it. Combined population in those 2 towns is only about 4,500 people, but they are spreadout as it's mostly farming communities that struggle as it is. I feel so very bad for those people. One town in Alabama was hit almost a year ago and was now hit AGAIN, but this time that tornado was much smaller, but those people were almost done rebuilding from last year to now lose all that and have to start from scratch again. So very sad. :(

Here is a link to the msnbc website, not sure if you can watch it in the UK or not, but it has a ton of videos from the news teams that are on-site and doing reports.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/03/10568626-twister-hit-areas-told-to-expect-snow

atlantisonearth
03-04-12, 07:14 AM
I hope anyone or anyone's family affected by the tornado is okay.

Its quite warm here, no sign of any tornadoes :cool:

dalula
03-04-12, 11:39 AM
Really warm here too

pops1972
03-04-12, 11:43 AM
Help is on the way. I hope everyone affected can hold on tight. You are in our hearts and prayers.

farmernana3
03-10-12, 04:29 PM
Just found this thread.....(a little late I guess).... A lot of devastation from the tornadoes! Many have lost everything, including their family members. I can't answer for everywhere.....just for West Liberty, Ky where a large part of my family lives. Yes...their homes and all the businesses are now gone, the town there has been destroyed. It has been a long rough week for our family......Thankfully, we finally got word that our family members who live are all okay....but everything else is lost. There were six deaths there due to the tornado that went down main street there. Rebuilding will be a long road, but things will never be the same again.

pinkster73
03-10-12, 04:47 PM
Just found this thread.....(a little late I guess).... A lot of devastation from the tornadoes! Many have lost everything, including their family members. I can't answer for everywhere.....just for West Liberty, Ky where a large part of my family lives. Yes...their homes and all the businesses are now gone, the town there has been destroyed. It has been a long rough week for our family......Thankfully, we finally got word that our family members who live are all okay....but everything else is lost. There were six deaths there due to the tornado that went down main street there. Rebuilding will be a long road, but things will never be the same again.

Awww. Glad your family is ok.