PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else having technical problems with this game?

deeab
03-02-12, 11:56 AM
Is anyone else having problems with this game? It's slow, it freezes all the time which means I have to close it and reopen it, now when I purchase pets they do not appear the next time I open the game, yet it takes my money!! This game is frustrating but so addictive! Just wanted to see if anyone else encounteres the same technical problem with the game?

kooky panda
03-02-12, 12:07 PM
Be sure you are playing on the Valentine version of the game. If you have the regular game installed make sure you close it out, or delete this version.

Also try restarting your device to refresh.

acrecce
03-12-12, 06:14 AM
I just did a post because i figured it was an android issue............thread title is "Some ANDROID issues", are the issues i described there also on iphone?
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?25626-Some-ANDROID-issues

DiabeticFoodie
03-16-12, 10:22 AM
The game is now stealing coins from me and force-closing a lot. I was awarded 236 coins on a collection, and my coin total went up to reflect that, but then it immediately went down again to where I was before. Thinking about ditching this game.

DiabeticFoodie
03-17-12, 10:54 AM
TL apparently doesn't care about the technical issues I brought up, since none of them have posted anything here in response. Well, TL, I will be promptly deleting PSS from my phone. Try getting off your butts and getting on the issues. Surely SOMEONE on your team must work weekends. All you moderators have to do is pop in here and tell us you're working on it. Very simple, and it won't take more than a minute out of your martini-drinking weekend. Some recognition would be nice. Since I'm being ignored, you have now lost a gem-buyer. Congratulations! Way to go, guys!

And, no, I won't be surprised if my post gets deleted. But that's okay; I'll just repost it.

Rae_Jn
03-17-12, 11:25 AM
I have a few little issues with Force Close. Not that I mind! Who can complain for a free, GREAT, game? I put it down to playing on Android. A few little glitches, no big deal really, well...for me :)

mrees2136
03-20-12, 05:06 PM
So if I delete this version and download the Valentine version am I going to lose all my progress?

kooky panda
03-20-12, 05:30 PM
So if I delete this version and download the Valentine version am I going to lose all my progress?

You will not lose your game. The valentine version has all your current game progress.

Diegoboy55
04-04-12, 08:25 AM
I knew I wasn't crazy thinking my xp and coins seem to drop for no reason. Today I was visiting all my neighbors and playing with their pets. About 1/4 the way through my neighbor list, I was awarded level 15. I continued to visit the rest of my neighbors and about 3/4 the way through I was awarded level 15 (again?) This has got to be corrected.

Diegoboy55
04-04-12, 08:33 AM
I literally just opened the game and I'm back to level 14 again (after achieving level 15 twice)

kooky panda
04-04-12, 10:53 AM
I knew I wasn't crazy thinking my xp and coins seem to drop for no reason. Today I was visiting all my neighbors and playing with their pets. About 1/4 the way through my neighbor list, I was awarded level 15. I continued to visit the rest of my neighbors and about 3/4 the way through I was awarded level 15 (again?) This has got to be corrected.

what the version of the game you are playing?
Under menu-help-number at the bottom

Diegoboy55
04-04-12, 11:19 AM
pet shop 9 gems 1.0

Diegoboy55
04-04-12, 11:34 AM
Device: SCH-!510 (Samsung Droid charge)
SW: 2.3.6

Diegoboy55
04-04-12, 11:50 AM
I am, by no means, a programmer but Here's my theory with resolution...
Theory:
The game lags badly (I don't know why) but with the lag, the game gets out of sync with the server. To prevent constant "out of sync" errors there is a tolerance. I don't know what that is.
If someone is within tolerance but still out of sync, it defaults to the server data as opposed to the device data. I'm sure this helps in hackers getting free gems and such by editing the data on the device.

Redsolution:
Have the game default to the device data as opposed to the server data. There can be a toplerance in place here too like "since last sync, 3 levels achieved will default to server data. OR just fix the lag.

Again, I'm no expert, just throwing out a theory

kooky panda
04-04-12, 01:42 PM
Your game version should be 1.0.5.2 Make sure you are playing on the most current version of the game.

Diegoboy55
04-04-12, 02:12 PM
There needs to be another way to verify the version because the way you showed me says exactly what I posted. Even the 0 is cut in half by the edge of the window. I assume it's because the added text "9 gems" pushes the version number to the right and off the page.

kooky panda
04-04-12, 02:14 PM
are you looking under your menu- then help? at the very bottom is a small number

greygull
04-04-12, 02:18 PM
The 9 Gems version should also be 1.0.5.2

You can also go into Google Play (the app market), look through your games, click on PSS, then open the description box. It will be at the bottom of the description box.

Diegoboy55
04-04-12, 02:36 PM
thanks 1.0.5.2

heres a screen shot.
http://www.diegoboy.com/misc/SC20120404-173008.jpg

Aviar
04-05-12, 07:12 AM
Here's my thread of the issues that I am having, and it sounds like everything listed here.

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?26531-newest-version-released-today-Android

One thing I noticed on my wife's game today, is that she is level 12, and has a 5 start rating. After the last update, I was knocked down to a 4 star rating, and I have more stars then her in ever category. This happened after the last update. While the last update seemed to fix a majority of the force close issues for me, this game is still very buggy.

Diegoboy55
04-06-12, 07:33 AM
thoughts? Ideas? Anything...?

(crickets chirping)

janel75
04-19-12, 02:48 AM
Is anyone else having problems with this game? It's slow, it freezes all the time which means I have to close it and reopen it, now when I purchase pets they do not appear the next time I open the game, yet it takes my money!! This game is frustrating but so addictive! Just wanted to see if anyone else encounteres the same technical problem with the game?

YES!!! IAm on Android, and I get force closed on at least 10 times within every hour. What really sucks though is when I log back on I am misssing money sometimes 3-400 dollars. I Do really enjoy this game aside from all of the frusterating problems it is a lot of fun.

milliganskitten
04-20-12, 05:46 PM
I literally just opened the game and I'm back to level 14 again (after achieving level 15 twice)
Same problem I have went to level 22 three times today... ):

kooky panda
04-20-12, 06:11 PM
there is currently a glitch with the xps you receive when visting neighbors. You should only get 1 ,2 or 3 XPs when you visit. the game is adding an extra 0. So you will get say 20 xps instead of 2. When you exit the game, the game will reset and change your 20 to 2 xps.

If you are close to a new level, when you visit neighbors the glitch may give you say 100 xps so it will push you to the next level.
After you exit, it corrects the 100 xps to 10 so when you come back, you may go back down to the level you were at since technically you did not have enough xps to level up.

milliganskitten
04-20-12, 11:06 PM
there is currently a glitch with the xps you receive when visting neighbors. You should only get 1 ,2 or 3 XPs when you visit. the game is adding an extra 0. So you will get say 20 xps instead of 2. When you exit the game, the game will reset and change your 20 to 2 xps.

If you are close to a new level, when you visit neighbors the glitch may give you say 100 xps so it will push you to the next level.
After you exit, it corrects the 100 xps to 10 so when you come back, you may go back down to the level you were at since technically you did not have enough xps to level up.

Is this really true... I thought 20 or 30xp was perfect.....

ozzyrulz
04-24-12, 11:10 PM
I have sAmerican problem and can't go back to ur neighbors

kristinab82
04-25-12, 06:00 AM
Be sure you are playing on the Valentine version of the game. If you have the regular game installed make sure you close it out, or delete this version.

Also try restarting your device to refresh.
Can you please send me a link so that I can download the Valentine version on the iPad? It is nowhere to be found in the app store.