PDA

View Full Version : Player organised contests

mjwwonder
02-29-12, 09:32 PM
I'm feeling very stupid by joining in on a player organised contest I saw on someone's wall. I've seen them before on other walls and never bothered but this time had coins to burn and thought it would be fun and interesting. The contest was to make your bakery as green as possible and I quite enjoyed going very green in every way I could. But am now seriously annoyed to find complete silence from those who were organising it and judging (which was to happen 4 days ago). Anyway am I a complete idiot or have others had the same problem too? I like to think of BS as a friendly, fun game and haven't had any issues before, but this has definitely soured my experience. I have now posted my very green bakery below so someone at least see's it, but I couldn't get it to load from my Android. I might start re-decorating again to go back to where it was once I build my stocks up a:(gain. Grrrrr.

pops1972
02-29-12, 10:26 PM
Frankly, I think you should have won. Your bakery is extra special now. That has to be worth something. I'll tip you every day! Your bakery is a winner! Two thumbs up!

vykho
03-01-12, 12:55 AM
What kinda contest is that ?? Hvnt heard abt it

mjwwonder
03-01-12, 06:30 AM
Thanks pops, definitely feel better now :-)

mjwwonder
03-01-12, 06:33 AM
It was just one on someone's wall, you become their neighbour and they'll judge all the entries - and I saw a lot of entries on their wall though no-one else seems upset at the lack of contesting happening. I thought it would be a nice friendly fun way to see other bakeries and get more neighbours.

DAmanding
03-01-12, 06:40 AM
Young teens usually start these sorts of contests. Prizes are usually something like a "you won!" post on your wall or the judge will tip your bakery daily for x period of time. These are contests created by users not TL so obviously enforcing any sorts of rules or worthy results isn't possible. They're just something kids cook up to alleviate boredom. I wouldn't feel bad about participating in a contest that the kid never finished. Just look at it as a fun distraction from day to day game play. Enjoy the new look for awhile, then go on a redecorating spree of your own choice if you like. Its no big deal. :)